• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
as muchs as I want for the music and intro to be like smash bros 64

I think the music is going to be the music used in the trailer for smash bros wii u back in june (not the megaman introduction song)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
To be honest, the way the trailer song was structured does have a few similarities to the intro song of Smash 64 (such as the characters getting introduced each at the very beginning) so I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if the new intro would have a few similarities to the original Smash 64 intro if that's what you're hoping for.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
To be honest, the way the trailer song was structured does have a few similarities to the intro song of Smash 64 (such as the characters getting introduced each at the very beginning) so I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if the new intro would have a few similarities to the original Smash 64 intro if that's what you're hoping for.
Except, you know, Pit instead of Yoshi. :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe the reason they haven't shown Yoshi yet is because they are working on revamping him, maybe have Baby Mario ride on Yoshi...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
This wouldn't be the first time Yoshi was held off for a later reveal.
For Brawl, the only veterans shown at the start were Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, and Samus.
I think Yoshi was shown at Melee's reveal, but I can't remember too well.

For SSB4, every one of the original 8 starters in SSB was shown off except Yoshi, making him the odd man out.

----

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Maybe the reason they haven't shown Yoshi yet is because they are working on revamping him, maybe have Baby Mario ride on Yoshi...

God I hope not...

I personally don't know what to think of that. I would only 100% dislike it if there was crying involve. It may be fine in Yoshi's island as a punishing tool and reward tool, but it would awful here.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
For Brawl, the only veterans shown at the start were Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, and Samus.
I think Yoshi was shown at Melee's reveal, but I can't remember too well.

For SSB4, every one of the original 8 starters in SSB was shown off except Yoshi, making him the odd man out.

----
For Brawl Yoshi was the last member of the original 8 revealed.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
so... Metroid Prime trademark has been renewed... not talking about Metroid... talking about Prime... very specific for a trademark... Prime 4! Retro Studios, you better be working on this! (with armature) HD Metroid... the feels... would be more hype than Halo next gen.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/13/nintendo-renews-trademark-for-metroid-prime/
I hope this means something, not like how Nintendo renews the trademark for Eternal Darkness just about every year.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I want a new trailer vs a character reveal on the website. I want to see more of the game in action. Would he awesome if they treated people with Miiverse with (bi)weekly videos every other Friday.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
so... Metroid Prime trademark has been renewed... not talking about Metroid... talking about Prime... very specific for a trademark... Prime 4! Retro Studios, you better be working on this! (with armature) HD Metroid... the feels... would be more hype than Halo next gen.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/13/nintendo-renews-trademark-for-metroid-prime/
Reading some of the comments on that link...

**** you little *******. You’ve gotten 4 damn games starring that ***** and still you want more? I say let retro do a DKC trilogy you ********! Although I think it’d be best if the next DKC game comes for Nintendo’s Next him console. Just so it doesn’t become a cheap brand later. But anyways **** you! They should develop a star fox game instead! **** you ****ing Whiney little ******* pry me of my SANITY!!!!!
Where's one of those barf emotes?

Main point being, tired of people thinking it has to be one or the other as far as Retro making another Metorid Prime or DKC. Why can't we have both? They're a big studio that can handle working on more than one project at a time.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Reading some of the comments on that link...

Where's one of those barf emotes?:sick:

Main point being, tired of people thinking it has to be one or the other as far as Retro making another Metorid Prime or DKC. Why can't we have both? They're a big studio that can handle working on more than one project at a time.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I want a new trailer vs a character reveal on the website. I want to see more of the game in action. Would he awesome if they treated people with Miiverse with (bi)weekly videos every other Friday.

One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to is the Newcomer Trailers. I wouldn't even care what character got in for the whole day as long as their trailer was awesome.

There is also apparently a special artwork for each of the newcomers which is also pretty sweet.

Also, I want a trailer that can show off the 3ds version a bit more. I want to see those stages in action. Especially the Reset bomb one. :D

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
@ PLATINUM: Hah, was waiting for someone to post that. :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Considering Miyamoto's recent comments on how he thinks Retro can work on multiple things at the same time this shouldn't be surprising.

But bleh, I'm still waiting for Metroid Dread in all its sidescrolling glory. At least it's something I guess.

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
Through 3 smash titles, Link has been done 5 times, all with the exact same specials. Doesn't this bother anyone else? I love Zelda and have gone through most of the games. This makes it even more noticeable that Sakurai leaves out the new Zelda title's items/gadgets and just uses the same basic formula (Boomerang, Bomb and Arrow) for several Links in the same roster!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Through 3 smash titles, Link has been done 5 times, all with the exact same specials. Doesn't this bother anyone else? I love Zelda and have gone through most of the games. This makes it even more noticeable that Sakurai leaves out the new Zelda title's items/gadgets and just uses the same basic formula (Boomerang, Bomb and Arrow) for several Links in the same roster!
I count three?

Anyway bombs, boomerang and arrow are Link's most recognizable items, so it makes sense.
I agree that Toon could at least have something different, but hey, I would get rid of Toon entirely.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I count three?

Anyway bombs, boomerang and arrow are Link's most recognizable items, so it makes sense.
I agree that Toon could at least have something different, but hey, I would get rid of Toon entirely.
Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, Young Link, and Toon Link are what he most likely means by 5.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wish Nintendo/Retro would make Metroid Trilogy HD for the Wii U. :awesome:

Oh, and Pikmin 1+2 HD would be sweet!! :cool:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... Any one else having problems with their 3DS.

Ever since the update, my step counter is kinda wacky.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Uh... Interesting, so not only does the Miiverse idiocy kills brain cells in humans, it is killing zeros and ones in our 3DSes. :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Uh... Interesting, so not only does the Miiverse idiocy kills brain cells in humans, it is killing zeros and ones in our 3DSes. :troll:

I'm fairly certain the Daleks evolved from angered 3DSes. That's why they swore vengeance against the humans: Miiverse!

Doctor Who logic YEAH!

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
That's an interesting way of seeing it lol.
Yeah. Young Link is based off of the Majora's Mask rendition so I don't think he could have had a slingshot. It would have been great if they would of incorporated the masks but they were already pressed for time so a clone was simpler. I think they could have had a bomb-chu which would automatically move forward (even up walls like on stage ledges, and stages like Fourside) and explode on contact. Or instead of the arrow, he could have had a Deku Nut that stuns enemies the same way Mewtwo's down B stuns enemies.

For people that wanted who the original Link In Brawl with the same specials for familiarities' sake, thats fine, but when Toon Link was added into the game, they could have been a bit more creative with his specials. For instance they could have had his Deku Leaf to use as a glide recovery and on the ground it blows enemies away which would be almost the opposite of Link's Gale Boomerang. They could have had his grappling hook for a long tether recovery if he was below the stage. The Skull Hammer could be implemented as well. It could be B or Side B and would slam enemies into the ground (Like DK's side B) and enemies in the vicinity knocked up slightly (like DK's down B). In the air it could be used as a spike.

These ideas are just off the top of my head but I feel like with two of the same character per game, there should be a little more variety.

Note: On what looks like the Spirit Tracks stage on the 3DS version, you see Toon Link on the train as a NPC, so I don't think he will be in this but maybe the Link from A Link Between Worlds will be in there.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Note: On what looks like the Spirit Tracks stage on the 3DS version, you see Toon Link on the train as a NPC, so I don't think he will be in this but maybe the Link from A Link Between Worlds will be in there.
Toon Link was confirmed to return in September on both versions of the game. He was revealed a few days before Sonic.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/51681/blog/smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds-stages-a-closer-look/

Is that not him on the train then?

And thats good news. TL was one of my favourites from Brawl despite me disliking the overused specials.

Well, if you don't know about Toon link who else don't you know about?

Here, have a link to the website:

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

It may not have everything we know, but it does have the confirmed veterans and newcomers we know of so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom