• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
At least more and more are understanding it's a new console (there's still plenty who don't know but that can change eventually).

I still remember when the Wii U was still new where I went to Toys "R" Us to buy a couple Wii U games (BOGO 40% off sale) and the lady at the check out asked me is the Wii U just a fancy controller. I haven't had that kind of conversation for quite some time now.
And she was never heard from again.....

Then people would think they're just trying to resell this thing.

View attachment 5047
They could just say F**k it and call it the Nintendo U.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
What I don't understand is how could people be confused with the names Wii and Wii U and yet they aren't confused with PS3 and PS4 and XBox 360 and XBox One...
Well, it's easy. PS3 is the thing, PS4 seems the NEXT thing. So it seems new.
Wii is the thing, WiiU... Seems like the DIFFERENT thing. Something which isn't necessarily new, but like an add-on.

For Xbox, I don't know and I don't care, it's also a bad name but probably the rest of the marketing is much better.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
What I don't understand is how could people be confused with the names Wii and Wii U and yet they aren't confused with PS3 and PS4 and XBox 360 and XBox One...
PS3 to PS4 sounds more like a sequel rather than an add on.
360 to Xbone.... *shrugs* guess its because of the BS Microsoft tried to pull.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
PS3 to PS4 sounds more like a sequel rather than an add on.
360 to Xbone.... *shrugs* guess its because of the BS Microsoft tried to pull.
Xbox One is a really cocky name, perfectly fits Microsoft's way of doing things.
I really hope this will be their last console.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If they really wanted people to still associate the companies products with the Wii brand, which is why they named it the Wii U in the first place. They should of just named it the Wii 2, sounds more or less the same but it gets the point across more. People can follow something as simple as that. Still, it isn't as stupid of a name as the X-Box One. It makes it seem like the original system that came out in 2001.

I hope that the next system Nintendo makes tries to have it's own namesake, much like the N64, Gamecube and Wii were. Or at the very least, is numbered like Sony's systems.

Granted, people shouldn't be that confused in the first place, but what can you do?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If they really wanted people to still associate the companies products with the Wii brand, which is why they named it the Wii U in the first place. They should of just named it the Wii 2, sounds more or less the same but it gets the point across more. People can follow something as simple as that. Still, it isn't as stupid of a name as the X-Box One. It makes it seem like the original system that came out in 2001.

I hope that the next system Nintendo makes tries to have it's own namesake, much like the N64, Gamecube and Wii were. Or at the very least, is numbered like Sony's systems.

Granted, people shouldn't be that confused in the first place, but what can you do?
I'd laugh if the next console is called the Wii U 2.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
Games usually matter more than the system, hence why the Wii-U is garbage- or at least started like that. I mean, people still play melee, for example.

I think the next gen consoles should have a better gallery of games before being released, like the Wii did (Twilight Princess, for example).

As for the name of the console- well not much needs to be said. Don't make it cocky or non-appealing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there is a big controversy with Mighty No 9 because someone was hired as community manager and developer that hasn't played a mega man game before and is trying to push a "feminist agenda" on it by making the main character female or something

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
See, I always prefer to wait before trying to get another system as it is. Honestly, all three next gen consoles don't have enough to consider buying one at their price just yet. I'll give the Wii U one thing, at least they have a few games to consider, Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, and The Wonderful 101 . But I still would rather wait a bit, like for DK, X, and Smash. Not sure when we'll get Metroid, but it will be some time after DKC: TF.

Sony has Killzone 4 and Knack, so that's something at least. But Infamous 3 and Sly 5 would peak my interest more. Same for the next full fledged Ratchet and Clank.

I wonder if the Mighty Number 9 guys will show another Beta video. That last one looked cool, but I suppose that it might not be all that interesting to look as beta stuff. Maybe post some songs for stages?

Apparently there is a big controversy with Mighty No 9 because someone was hired as community manager and developer that hasn't played a mega man
game before and is trying to push a "feminist agenda" on it by making the main character female or something
I heard about that. I think that some of those people are overreacting. Granted I can see why they'd be worried, someone trying to bring social politics into a most likely family friendly platformer like Mighty Number 9, will just annoy people and is simply unneeded.

We have Call anyway, so we have both a male and female character to play as. No need to change Beck just because someone who isn't in charge said so.

But, honestly, it's Keiji Inafune's vision, I doubt that he'll let some PR person take that from him. Especially, when it's a game he's making in his company.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
The only games I'm looking forward to currently are-

Wii-U: Mario Kart 8, Smash bros., and Pokken (I assume it's called)

Xbox One: Destiny & Borderlands 3

It's not a big list, but yeah.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mine are Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Mario Golf, Fossil Fighters 3, the new Kirby game, Yoshi Yarn (If it ever comes out), Yoshi's Island 3 (Thought it looks like more of the same with a worse art direction), IDK

Morbi

Scavenger

Was Borderlands 3 confirmed? Or are you just expecting it?

The only thing that I know in regards to new Borderlands content is the new TellTale game... which looks pretty bad to be honest (I think they should just stick to popular Television shows like Walking Dead to be honest).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone looking forward to the new Strider game? Not many people seem to be talking about it. I get that Strider isn't on Megaman's level of popularity, but I figured people would be excited. It's made by the dudes who made Killer Instinct 3. Which seems pretty badass so far.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not getting an XBOX ONE unless I get it for "Free" like I did the XBOX 360

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've noticed on different forums that people are complaining that the new Nintendog definitely hits a level of uncanny valley that's new (and kind of disturbing) for a Nintendo game. Anyone else slightly weirded out by its realism?

Like hell I am. I should **** bricks everytime this THING is summoned when playing Smash Wii U.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doesn't the uncanny valley only relate when it's human aesthetics?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
When it comes to what characters are going to be revealed this month, its all down to Zelda or Palutena. My money's on princess of Hyrule since I'd highly doubt the Goddess of Light would be revealed that early. Then there's the whole Kid Icarus Uprising modesty situation that you have to think about despite the stage and items.

Typhl0si0n

Smash Apprentice
When it comes to what characters are going to be revealed this month, its all down to Zelda or Palutena. My money's on princess of Hyrule since I'd highly doubt the Goddess of Light would be revealed that early. Then there's the whole Kid Icarus Uprising modesty situation that you have to think about despite the stage and items.
Or Ness because Sakurai.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whether the title "Pokken" is fake or not, there is still that 3D game they showed at their presentation

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
IIRC it was stated to be a tech demo, it hasn't been stated it's currently under development, or if there aren't any future plans for it or not.
Do you guys mean that one HD scene with Blaziken and Lucario in some kind of Japanese setting facing off?

Didn't Gamefreak state that that was some kind of possible concept/foreshadowing of the future of handheld pokemon and how it might possibly could look like in a future Nintendo handheld console?

Since the trailer kinda consisted of past, present and future.... I Could have misunderstood though.... :/

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I'm looking forward for
Wii U: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Smash Bros., Mighty No. 9 (I forgot I backed that game too, but still excited) and Mario Kart 8
(Games I hope comes out for) PS4: When ever the next Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, and possibly Crash Bandicoot (if the rumors are true) and maybe Jak & Daxter

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm looking forward for
Wii U: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Smash Bros., Mighty No. 9 (I forgot I backed that game too, but still excited) and Mario Kart 8
PS4: When ever the next Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, and possibly Crash Bandicoot (if the rumors are true)

I'm with you on that. I didn't get to back Mighty Number 9 though. But I want to buy the 3DS version of it. I do like the F-Zero inspiration in Mario Kart 8 though. Do you like the Infamous series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom