• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
We converted an entire loaf of bread into croutons today. That was my dinner.

Well, since I caught dysentery in Costa Rica, all I've had for the past few days is broth. So... we can compare meals if you want...

(too much information? Pah, whatever.)

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I dunno if this would make an interesting RP or not. A restaurant that serves Nintendo food. Besides, I pick up little tidbits about the culture of a Nintendo universe for story authenticity.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys reminded me, I was going to saute some mushrooms and see if they taste good.

I'm not much of a mushroom fan unless they are done right

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well, since I caught dysentery in Costa Rica, all I've had for the past few days is broth. So... we can compare meals if you want...

(too much information? Pah, whatever.)
I think you misunderstand.

I ****ing love croutons.

Also I hope you feel well soon~

You guys reminded me, I was going to saute some mushrooms and see if they taste good.

I'm not much of a mushroom fan unless they are done right

I find that sauteing them over a medium heat yields the best results. cook with Garlic (No more than a minute and a half over the heat) and drizzle with some soy sauce and cook until fairly brown and tender. Taste great with an pasta cooked Al Dente.

Cooking is the **** man.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think you misunderstand.

I ****ing love croutons.

Also I hope you feel well soon~

Thanks for the well wishes. :)

Croutons can be great... on their own though? I guess it's like tasty seasoned popcorn (if you seasoned them).

I, personally, would convert that loaf into bread pudding. Delicious, delicious bread pudding. Mmmmmm.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Let's try not to get off topic, the thread may be locked again.

Right right right.

Smash bros... What a game, right?

Ah shoot, just realized that it's the weekend so we won't be getting any photos tomorrow.
I personally really liked the most recent one... I think that flashy KO type will look really cool in action.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Oh my god, I would love Bowser Jr. to be in the next game. Does anyone have a link to the top wanted character list? I want to see what's on it. If BJ made it (it stands for BOWSER JR, GOSH), I would cherish him for ten minutes, and go back to using Pit.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Ok so since we've hit that wind-down period again, how about we chat about some things that doesn't get discussed much: items and non-adventure 1P modes!

- Any items you've always wanted to see pop up whilst fighting?
- How will the animations of the new characters look when hold/swing some of your favorite items, like the beam sword or the hammer? Would Ridley or Little Mac or any of your personal favorites look ridiculous winding up for a grand slam with the Home Run Bat?
- Which Assist Trophies/Pokemon are you hoping get added, and what would you want them to do?
- Was the Golden Hammer too broken or did Uniras really get on your nerves? That is to say, what items do you want removed/nerfed?

- Do you want individual target tests back? Would you like to see the return of Board the Platforms?
- Did you like the coin launcher of Brawl, or did you prefer Melee's more straightforward lottery? Or is there another method outside of either of those that you'd prefer to see implemented?
- Any new Stadium games you'd like to see added, such as a soccer or shooting gallery based minigame?
- Would you like a new "team" for Multi-Man Melees? Or do you want the Polygons, the Wireframes, or the Alloys to return?
- Would you like a general Event Match section, or would you like a number of specific challenges for each character, ala Injustice's STAR Labs mode?
- Do you want All-Star mode to be randomized groups ala Melee or series-oriented like Brawl?
- And what about Classic Mode: Any changes you'd make to it? How would you feel about a split choice option at certain parts of classic mode that could potentially result in different "paths"? (Example: One of Classic Mode's randomized "stages" has you pick between either fighting Giant Megaman or Team Wii Fit Trainer, with different potential music/trophy/costume rewards depending on which choice you make.)

Hopefully something less stressful and more calming will bring the thread down from the emotional high it seems to have hit recently

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ok so since we've hit that wind-down period again, how about we chat about some things that doesn't get discussed much: items and non-adventure 1P modes!

- How will the animations of the new characters look when hold/swing some of your favorite items, like the beam sword or the hammer? Would Ridley or Little Mac or any of your personal favorites look ridiculous winding up for a grand slam with the Home Run Bat?
- Which Assist Trophies/Pokemon are you hoping get added, and what would you want them to do?
- Was the Golden Hammer too broken or did Uniras really get on your nerves? That is to say, what items do you want removed/nerfed?

- Do you want individual target tests back? Would you like to see the return of Board the Platforms?
- Did you like the coin launcher of Brawl, or did you prefer Melee's more straightforward lottery? Or is there another method outside of either of those that you'd prefer to see implemented?
- Any new Stadium games you'd like to see added, such as a soccer or shooting gallery based minigame?
- Would you like a new "team" for Multi-Man Melees? Or do you want the Polygons, the Wireframes, or the Alloys to return?
- Would you like a general Event Match section, or would you like a number of specific challenges for each character, ala Injustice's STAR Labs mode?
- Do you want All-Star mode to be randomized groups ala Melee or series-oriented like Brawl?
- And what about Classic Mode: Any changes you'd make to it? How would you feel about a split choice option at certain parts of classic mode that could potentially result in different "paths"? (Example: One of Classic Mode's randomized "stages" has you pick between either fighting Giant Megaman or Team Wii Fit Trainer, with different potential music/trophy/costume rewards depending on which choice you make.)

Hopefully something less stressful and more calming will bring the thread down from the emotional high it seems to have hit recently
-Where's my Red Shell?!
-I want Mewtwo's style to return, and Ridley should use his claws.
-I want Chrom and Impa as Assist Trophies. Chrom would probably copy some of Ike's attacks, and Impa would body slam someone because she's too big. :troll: Also, Zoroark would make a fun Pokeball Pokemon and could turn into the thrower temporarily.
-Golden Hammer was fine. I liked all the items and would gladly see them all back.

-This is how I view the Target Tests. I want 5 generic ones for Co-Op, and all characters to have their own(except for Transformation characters, who can share one). Board the Platforms should return, or something like Melee's Race to the Finish. Either or, but Race to the Finish must come back.
-I liked both. Coin Launcher is fine for getting Stickers faster than the other modes, and once in a while getting a Trophy is fine. But the Lottery should come back too, and Grab the Trophies.
-No new Stadium things, I thought they did it well. However, make Race to the Finish available there for fun too.
-I want a new Team, yes. But I want to see the rest have cameos or something. I did like Primids too.
-I prefer the style of both game's Event Matches.
-All-Star sucked in Brawl, go back to something similar to Melee's style.
-Classic Mode was terrible in every way in Brawl(64's was even more fun...). Melee's style, and include the Fighting Team right before Master Hand, with a Metal character right before it. The length is okay to be longer if we get multiple new mini-games. Also, screw the "go through with all, even transformations" crap they did in Brawl. I am okay with this for All-Star for characters who have unique Final Smashes like the Samus duo, but you can get both if Zelda/Sheik have the same Final Smash again. Of course, Child Link, even if his Final Smash is the same as Link's, should be gone through differently.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It would actually be funny if Ridley used some items with his feet instead. But that's probably too much work for little gain, lol.

josh bones

Smash Lord

- Not really.
- Completely.
- Nope.
- 5 Generic Ones for co-op, unique one for 1 player.
- I want a new team.
- Keep event mode the same.
- Keep it like brawl's. Melees was horrible.
- That might be good.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No one answered my question. The video of Mario vs Megaman doesn't seem to be faster than Brawl imo.
The game was already stated to be faster than Brawl, so it matters little. The game's officially faster overall, which is not a bad thing anyway.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

- Every item that's been in the series, thus far. Just change a few. Also A Goomba's Shoe and Skyward Sword Whip would make me happy.
- That would be cool.
- No Pokemon come to mind, but for Assist Trophies, I'd like to see the Shy Guy ghosts from Luigi's Mansion, Popple from Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, and a Swooping Snitchbug from Pikmin.
- Golden Hammer is fine as is. Cloaking Device sucked, if it was ever brought back then it need buffs. The Motion Sensor Bomb should not despawn after being thrown unless the stage changes so that it falls off or something.

- Yes, those were far more fun. Multi-player modes should have a set of non-character specific Target Tests though. I never played Smash 64, but Board the Platforms looks fun. Snag the Trophies from Melee should return as well, with some improvments.
- Something new, but kind of like Melee's lottery. Maybe a shop or something.
- Maybe a shooting gallery sort of thing, something like an arcade game, maybe this is what you could use for the trophies, but make it more interesting than Brawl's coin launcher. Aside from that, just add any other Mini-games you see in Classic that haven't been in Stadium yet.
- It'd be funny if they went down some generations and gave us the Fighting Pixel Team. They could also redesign some Primids for the team.
- Event Matches should stay as they are, but allow custom ones to send online for other players to play.
- Melee's was more interesting.
- That's a pretty good idea actually, I support it, though, you shouldn't be able to always choose your "path". They also need to bring all the Mini-games in Classic back. (Fighting X Team, Race to the Finish etc)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
New items I would like to see...

Mario series - Ice Flower, Super Leaf, Goomba's Shoe, POW Block, Chain Chomp (Mario Kart: Double Dash)
Donkey Kong series - Bug Spray Can (Donkey Kong 3)
Zelda series - Bombchu
Kirby series - Mike
Animal Crossing series - Beehive (throw it at someone to make bees swarm and attack that character)
Devil World - Tamagon (could be like Mr. Saturn, except he breathes fire)
Golden Sun series - Djinn (collect 2-4 Djinn of the same color like Dragoon Parts to randomly summon a Pokeball-like Summon)

New Assist Trophies I would like to see...

Mario series - Rosalina
Donkey Kong series - Donkey Kong Jr.
Zelda series - Cuccos (remember what happens when you attack a chicken in a Zelda game? :awesome:)
Kirby series - Lololo & Lalala
Star Fox series - Krystal
Pokémon series - Team Rocket (Meowth, Arbok, Weezing)
Fire Emblem series - Anna
Game & Watch series - Dragon (Game & Watch: Zelda)
Kid Icarus series - Eggplant Wizard, Centurion
Animal Crossing series - Tarantulas & Scorpions (frustrated bug hunters will understand why! :mad:)
Golden Sun series - Matthew
Sin & Punishment series - Isa Jo
Balloon Fight series - Balloon Fighters (NES sprites)
Puzzle League series - Lip (if she isn't playable)
Fossil Fighters series - T-Rex
Rhythm Heaven series - Karate Joe (if he isn't playable)
Sky Skipper - Sky Skipper (flies in his bomber biplane, dropping Pepper Pot Bombs below)
Duck Hunt - Duck Hunt Dog (if he isn't playable)
Mole Mania - Muddy Mole (if he isn't playable)
Teleroboxer - Harry (replacing Little Mac as the new boxing Assist Trophy when Little Mac becomes playable)
Sakura Samurai - Sakurai Samurai
HarmoKnight - Tempo

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want the jar from the Zelda games.

It would function like Yoshi's egg, trapping the opponent inside, until they break out of it. :awesome:

vicgur

Smash Ace
Items are kinda weird to think of. I'd just like to see items from every series. There are too many Mario items. I want more variety.

Home Run Bat is NEVER ridiculous. Don't be silly.
But I do want the Curry back!

As long as they don't use characters that I'd like to be playable as Assist Trophies, I'll be fine with what they put.
[also, my first answer kind of applies here, too].
As for the Pokéball, I want more Legendaries.

If you mean "broken" as that stupid thing never works because it's squeaky 75% of times, yeah. It was WAY too broken.
Those "chance" items should be BUFFED. I really like the "you can get screwed up by your own item", but it's too likely that you'll get a broken item. Just make them more likely to be the right item, or make something to hint it's broken[like how the Poison Mushroom is a little darker than the Super Mushroom, y'know?]

I really liked Melee's Target Tests and really disliked Brawl's, so I guess having it individual again would be nice.
I don't really care much about Board the Platforms. But I do want Race to the Finish to be back. In fact, it should be a standalone mode.

I think the Coin Launcher should be more... I dunno... dynamic. I like the IDEA, but hate how it turned out to be. The lottery at least didn't feel like a chore. But I wouldn't complain if they somehow implemented something like Street Plaza's Mii Squad as a way to get Trophies.

I liked how in some way every character had his/her own stage in Melee[With a few exceptions, like Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Roy and Marth].
I'd like to see this back.
So yeah, Randomized characters it is.

That is a nice idea! I'm sticking with that!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Got a bit of a question for you.... In regards to Brawl, If you take out the two extremes, :metaknight: the extremely good and :ganondorf: the extremely bad, does the game look a lot more balanced? How so?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Got a bit of a question for you.... In regards to Brawl, If you take out the two extremes, :metaknight: the extremely good and :ganondorf: the extremely bad, does the game look a lot more balanced? How so?
I hope you're not suggesting we shouldn't have them in at all.

But yes, the game looks far more balanced, although these days, you'd have to remove Zelda(but not Sheik) and Link too, since they're just as horrible as Ganondorf is. Ganondorf and Zelda both were extremely bad characters in Brawl. Link is slightly better than them, though. Removing MK would make a difference and easily improve the metagame. Removing Ganondorf doesn't do much for balance since Zelda still sucks.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Assist Trophies, huh? I was actually compiling a list, but one comes to mind immediately. A Pokemon Assist Trophy. Now, you might be saying, "But Opossum, we already have Poke Balls for that!" Well, to that I say, how could this guy come out of a Poke Ball?

He could show up, ramble a bit, and at the end drop three Poke Balls at his feet. Interestingly, he could also drop, instead, a Master Ball, which is guaranteed to contain a powerful Legendary Pokemon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not at all. I'm just trying to put things in a different perspective.
That's why I asked.

Also, I would actually try to avoid any Pokemon Assist Trophies myself. Keep them to Pokeballs. Now, Professor Oak speaking on a Pokemon stage or maybe a hidden dialogue like the Star Fox stuff or the Codec messages would be cool.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Alright then, let's do this thang.

I kind of want an item like the pokeball that actually transforms you temporarily. Like, a character picks up the Transform Trophy and turns into the Yellow Devil for the next 10 seconds and wreaks havoc. I think that'd be pretty fun and a good step above Assist Trophies.

Ridley probably would use his actual hands and so would Little Mac. Sure, boxing gloves limit holding objects, but we also have characters that literally don't have hands who can swing objects around. It'd be fine.

Whatever we get, I hope we can unlock the ability to select which pokemon can appear.
BOB-OMBS, GLUE BOMBS, ELECTRODES, AND BOMB-THROWING TINGLE EVERYWHERE.

The golden hammer was fun but entirely unneeded, as the hammer is already cause enough to flee. I don't think I need any nerfing.

Individual target tests are fun, but I think the group one is just a lot more practical with the increasing roster size. Besides, they're clever enough.
I despise Board the Platforms.

It'd be nice to be able to spend a ton of coins to get a guaranteed new trophy for when you're near the end and just trying to finish it.

Yes! I made a whole thread about how pseudo-Smash Sports could be implemented into Smash as fun minigames. I think it could be great to play soccer while throwing bob-ombs at each other.

Naw. Literally don't care.

Hmm. A general event match section, methinks... and have story mode be kind of similar to having event match threads that're character specific.

Series oriented. Gives you a better sense of your pacing, somehow.

The split choice option is fun, but I think in theory the linearity makes it easier to compare your finishing scores.
Not that I've ever seen anyone talking about their scores, but... it's still clearly designed so players can do so, and playing on different stages does interfere with that concept.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

The Red Shell and the parasol need to come back.
Nah, not really. Most of my wanted characters have proper hands. :p
Kyurem, Yveltal, Reshiram and Zekrom would be cool.
I'd like to get rid of the smoke ball and the team healer. Most useless items for me as I most commonly play 1v1.
I would also want that the chances of the Lightning's backfire to be reduced. It seems to backfire more than half the time I pick it up. :glare:
Race to the Finish HAS to return. Wasn't so fond of Board the Platforms so I don't care much. As for Target Tests, I'd like each franchise to have its own target test. All character of the same francise would share it.
Melee's one was simple and effective. I'd rather have that back.
A shooting gallery would be great.
I'd prefer something new.
I like them the way they are. Don't fix what isn't broken.
A mix of both, actually. Character should be arranged by the year THEY appeared first, NOT when their francise began. (largely to avoid cases like Ness and Lucas placed by Mother 1, which did not have either of them)
Melee's classic mode was more random, shorter and more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom