• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
On Ganon, as much as I insult PSASBR, I would love him to have a play style similar to Zeus (without an insane roll that will never be patched)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Not should Ganon be balanced but de-cloned. (I know nearly every smash fan agrees with that, but it needs to be done so badly)

MK's attack speed is a little much, and some of his attacks can be landed so easily, because of it's direction and speed. Speed and directional changing is what primarilly needs to be done to nerf and balance out MK, along with changing his specials so that not every single one of them can be used as a recovery...

Btw, was there a character who mastered the air in N64? I never played that game. I know Melee has Jigglypuff for an air master, and MK for Brawl.
What needs to be done to balance MK is give his sword regular priority.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I don't think I ever downloaded Zeus and Isaac Clarke. What was Zeus like?

Zeus was a heavy hitter, but can cool mind games with cancels and even a teleport that left a dummy that when hit hurt the opponent (it didn't stay out very long, a second tops.) He had decent mobility, but could charge all of his moves up to a certain point, making the canceling mindgames/do insane damage with armor play truly unique. I seriously loved the style (though never could be that good as him) and would love to see it in Smash with a Sakurai twist.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Zeus was OP and boring as ****. Literally every move was the same in a different direction and filled half of the supers bar.
Isaac was OK, not bad nor good.

... Did you ever play the game competitively? Without his INSANE roll (which was, INSANE in all capital letters and everything!) Zeus was very beatable. Even in an FFA setting where he was very strong, he wasn't that bad. And Isaac had a loop that burst and took no effort and could hit you half way across the stage. The final tier lists put out by the backroom for the game put him incredibly high on the tier list.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not should Ganon be balanced but de-cloned. (I know nearly every smash fan agrees with that, but it needs to be done so badly)

MK's attack speed is a little much, and some of his attacks can be landed so easily, because of it's direction and speed. Speed and directional changing is what primarilly needs to be done to nerf and balance out MK, along with changing his specials so that not every single one of them can be used as a recovery...
Balance first, de-cloning second.

Btw, was there a character who mastered the air in N64? I never played that game. I know Melee has Jigglypuff for an air master, and MK for Brawl.
Might've been Pikachu or Falcon. I haven't really checked.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Guys... I have a confession...

I've been doing philosophical posts on rulesets for only one reason.

There HAS to be a stage involving a city legal. This is so that I can train with every fiber of my being to be in the final rounds at Apex with a reset bracket. I will purposely throw the first two matches of the final set, then look at my opponent and say "You think you can beat me, WELL I HAVE THE POWER OF GEORGE MICHAEL!"

The music plays and I take the next 3 matches without losing a stock...... Life will be glorious...

if someone gets that I love you

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I only know of that game because of Game Grumps, where they only make like 3 episodes of a game and quit.
Their job is to play videogames, and they can't even do that right, it's astounding how lazy they are.

It's astounding how much fan art their is for them.

Astounding.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Because weird people exist, and they tend to run the fanbases. OF EVERYTHING.

That is a fact.
Yea, I know, but for something like Gamegrumps?
All they're doing is playing videogames, it's really nothing worthy of praise

at least they're better than that pewdiepie ******

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yea, I know, but for something like Gamegrumps?
All they're doing is playing videogames, it's really nothing worthy of praise

at least they're better than that pewdiepie ****er
As annoying as he can be, I still think it's funny watching anyone freak out playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
That's true. If that were to happen, then Metaknight would be more of a balanced character. For almost five years now, all I hear about Metaknight is complains upon complains upon complains... Am I the only one here who loves battling a Metaknight? I just love to chaingrab that masked ball with Iceclimbers and kill him with a charged up-smash, he is one of the easiest characters to chaingrab afterall. Once you get the hang of the Metaknight MU, it's not as bad as it seems. I'm not saying that Metaknight is"Balanced", Metaknight surely is a really strong character. But he doesn't deserve (in my perspective) all that flaming complains about how strong he is. To be honest, I consider Snake to be equal to Metaknight. Having a huge Hitbox, extreme killing power, and never dying. That's not my point though. My point is that there is a way to beat every character quite badly, even Metaknight.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I guess people do fanart of VG LPers because of their quotes.

Chuggaaconroy, in my opinion, is the funniest LPer there has ever been.
Fanart of him, on the other hand, would probably scar my mind.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's true. If that were to happen, then Metaknight would be more of a balanced character. For almost five years now, all I hear about Metaknight is complains upon complains upon complains... Am I the only one here who loves battling a Metaknight? I just love to chaingrab that masked ball with Iceclimbers and kill him with a charged up-smash, he is one of the easiest characters to chaingrab afterall. Once you get the hang of the Metaknight MU, it's not as bad as it seems. I'm not saying that Metaknight is"Balanced", Metaknight surely is a really strong character. But he doesn't deserve (in my perspective) all that flaming complains about how strong he is. To be honest, I consider Snake to be equal to Metaknight. Having a huge Hitbox, extreme killing power, and never dying. That's not my point though. My point is that there is a way to beat every character quite badly, even Metaknight.
Many of Snakes attacks are slower than Meta Knight's in some way though, and his recovery isn't comparable to MK's, that's certain.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yea, but I play with 3 stock :cool:
If you played Melee like a boss, you'd have 4 stocks! :shades:
And cut all of his power moves' knockback by at least half, and take away a lot of his hitstun with moves.
Am I the only one here who loves battling a Metaknight?
Once you play competitive Brawl or a really campy player (hint: Meta Knight Brawl competitive players are really campy), you will hate battling Meta Knight.
Once you get the hang of the Metaknight MU, it's not as bad as it seems.
Yeah, but once you get a handle of how to approach him, you usually get beat by his broken priority, or by typical Meta Knight camping/stalling strategies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/16/smash-bros-marvel-vs-capcom-break-evo-records
The ball is in Nintendo's court for EVO next year. I really hope the see this.
Nope, we have the ball, we ran a fast break, and we jumped higher than any competitive game had ever jumped beforehand AGAINST the company that made said game, and we dunked it right in their faces with all the competitive gaming scene, gaming media, and many other people watching it, and we savored that moment.

The ball was in our court, we scored, we dunkfac'd them, and we won. Now, Nintendo has to bow to the will of the masses, especially after the save the Melee stream campaign was trended worldwide on Twitter and the #1 topic on Reddit, and Mango, Wobbles, IceClimbers, SSBM, & Evo2013 trended worldwide on Twitter (all of those minus the save the Melee stream trended during the Finals). Oh, and NintendoAmerica was trending worldwide too because so many people thanked Nintendo of America! :shades:

I guess SmashChu is right; competitive smash is a pretty insignificant fanbase. :awesome:

But really, it is more up to Evo's staff than anyone, but I think Melee will return, and I imagine in 2015 Smash WiiU will either replace or (hopefully) join it. Also, while I'm at it, this year's Evo has to hands down be the best video game event ever IMO. It was just amazing to watch.

With the higher attendance, viewership, and monetary value sponsorships (their sponsors this year have to be happy), they should get a bigger venue, more streams, and more coverage. Seriously, they peaked ABOVE cable television viewership averages for dozens of national networks. I don't know about you guys, but I see Evo (at least the finals) being aired live on TV in a few years with all that stuff going upwards at a rapid pace each year, especially this year, where basically everything was 50% higher than last year, which was a record year for them (last year).

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Many of Snakes attacks are slower than Meta Knight's in some way though, and his recovery isn't comparable to MK's, that's certain.
Snake's onstage game is much better than Metaknight's. A good Snake will always try to stay on stage and will use B-reversal, Recoil-special, etc. to get back on his stage safely. Snake's recovery is much better than people might think, he has his C4 as a tool to reset and use his Cypher again. Snake vs Metaknight Matchup is rated as an even MU (50-50) in most stages.
Once you play competitive Brawl or a really campy player (hint: Meta Knight Brawl competitive players are really campy), you will hate battling Meta Knight
I do play Brawl competitively and I think I play quite a decent Metaknight. Whether using Metaknight or not, I know my approach to a Metaknight and what attacks to use which ultimately won't be punished. I'll agree that campy Metaknights are annoying, but they can't camp forever. A rule for edge-grab limit should be placed to limit Metknight's camping.
Yeah, but once you get a handle of how to approach him, you usually get beat by his broken priority, or by typical Meta Knight camping/stalling strategies.
Depends on who you're using against Metaknight and at what stage. You won't have as much as a problem if you space your attacks correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom