• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You should have collapsed this image as a spoiler...I'm currently playing FE:A, early/mid-way through the game. I never knew that Aversa will join Chrom, until when it was spoiled there :ohwell:
Well, now that you know there isn't any point in collapsing as a spoiler

It's not like she joins you in the story anyway, it's merely DLC

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You should have collapsed this image as a spoiler...I'm currently playing FE:A, early/mid-way through the game. I never knew that Aversa will join Chrom, until when it was spoiled there :ohwell:
It doesn't necessarily reveal that, she may be there for another reason.

EDIT: sort of Ninja'd. Sort of.

(I don't even know the game's plot)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well, now that you know there isn't any point in collapsing as a spoiler

It's not like she joins you in the story anyway, it's merely DLC
I have no idea whether she joins via story mode or DLC. It's just an advice for future posts.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Eh..no current topic. Hardly any posts...

If any Melee stages return, Fountain of Dreams needs to be one of them. That was always one of my favorite Melee stages.

If they don't bring it back or make a new, similar stage, then they at least need to make a remastered version of it's theme.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

If any Melee stages return, Fountain of Dreams needs to be one of them. That was always one of my favorite Melee stages.

If they don't bring it back or make a new, similar stage, then they at least need to make a remastered version of it's theme.
Fountain of Dreams and The Temple. Also I liked Pokefloats.

Brawl stage I'd like to see back the most would be Castle Siege

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I love Fountain of Dreams to death. But no Melee stages need to return. They wouldn't translate well. Just look at Corneria in Brawl.

The only "retro" stage from pre-Brawl I want to see return/remade is Meta Crystal. Would most likely look orgasmic in HD.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
DOUBLE POST.

That reminds me of that episode where there's the other crew that ends up dying and then you realise that they weren't the real voyager. That episode was tragic until the very end. @.@

Like the one in Brawl?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fountain of Dreams and The Temple. Also I liked Pokefloats.

Brawl stage I'd like to see back the most would be Castle Siege
I actually liked Pokefloats, it's fun jumping across giant Pokemon. :rotfl:

I don't want any oversized stages to return personally, and I thought Great Bay was fun.

I love Fountain of Dreams to death. But no Melee stages need to return. They wouldn't translate well. Just look at Corneria in Brawl.

The only "retro" stage from pre-Brawl I want to see return/remade is Meta Crystal. Would most likely look orgasmic in HD.
Meta Crystal would be great, but I didn't see much of any issue with Corneria. (aside from the Arwings appearing out of no where in the backround, pretty sure they didn't do that in Melee)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Like the one in Brawl?
You mean Gourmet Race?

Fountain of Dreams version of the song has more of a dramatic tune to it, is orchestrated, and picks up and slows down at different parts.

I meant that the physics didn't do the stage justice like the original did. That and the weird growth spurt every character apparently had.
I don't see much of a problem with the physics, but the scale of the stage was odd.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Melee stages?
Really, the only ones I'd like to see return are Great Bay, PokeFloats, and that DK stage that didn't make the cut for Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The song's actual name is Fountain of Dreams, which is a remix of Gourmet Race from Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland. It replaced King Dedede's theme when you fight him.
Kirby was my favorite Nintendo series for quite a while. Primarily Kirby's Dreamland 2, Kirby's Super Star, and Kirby 64

I wish they would make a 3DS game

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
I would love to see from Meele Great Bay, Kongo Jungle and Big Blue to return. From 64 Saffron City. From Brawl, Green Hill Zone, Spear Pillar, WarioWare Inc.. Pictochat, Distant Planet and Summit.

Also, I just found this lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Returning stages?

Hmm.... Stuff I would like to see....

From 64...
Hyrule Castle
Princess Peach's Castle
Saffron City

From Melee:
Kongo Jungle
Pokemon Stadium
Great Bay
Temple
Corneria
Big Blue
Fourside
Fountain of Dreams
Green Greens
Poke Floats

From Brawl:
:eldin: :castlesiege: :delfino: :frigate: :halberd: :mariocircuit: :pictochat: :ps2: :shadowmoses: :spearpillar: :warioware: :greenhill: :flatzone2: :skyworld:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Your text is so fuc-king purple that it almost blends in with the background.

Yellow stages are unlockable.

Past SSB64 stages:

-Hyrule Castle
-Yoshi's Island
-Sector Z
-Peach's Castle
-Congo Jungle
-Saffron City
-Dream Land
-Planet Zebes
-Mushroom Kingdom
-Meta Crystal

Past Melee stages:

-Fountain of Dreams
-Venom
-Great Bay
-Fourside
-Temple
-Kingdom or Kingdom II/Subcon
-Pokemon Stadium
-Poke Floats
-Big Blue (I'd like to see Mute City, but Port Town outshines it in almost every way; except you can't destroy the cars)
-Icicle Mountain

Past Brawl stages:

-Halberd
-Luigi's Mansion
-Delfino Plaza
-Yoshi's Island
-Mushroomy Kingdom
-Spear Pillar
-New Pork City
-Port Town
-Pokemon Stadium II
-Castle Siege
-Mario Bros.
-Hanebow
-Norfair
-Pictochat
-Flat Zone 2
-Summit
-Wario Ware Inc.
-Pirate Ship
-Shadow Moses Island
-Green Hill Zone

It's so hard to choose. D=
I wish I could have them all.

---

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd basically like to see every Melee stage that didn't make it into Brawl, make into Smash 4. (Great Bay, Kongo Jungle, Pokefloats, etc) Fountain of Dreams is at the top of the list.

Of course, stages like Final Destination and Battlefield don't count. Those will already be remade for Smash 4.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Y'all need to stop what you are doing and read this OP in this thread...
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-fresh-prince-of-2-6.338671/

Corneria in Brawl was great considering it was Corneria.

Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Hyrule Temple, and PS1 (aside from the dumb edges and stupid changes to the windmill) were all great in Brawl.

Still, I'd rather past stages be relegated to DLC or a late add-on. I want new stages; I can always find hacks of old stages, anyways.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't want that many returning stages/stuff mainly because I want as much new things (mainly stages) as possible. I'd prefer updated versions of Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium (Colosseum, hopefully), and ones from specific sub-series like Metroid Prime and Luigi's Mansion. I feel like too many returning stages would hurt those chances. If nothing else, have different previous Smash stages for both versions. (Melee for 3DS, Brawl for Wii U)

@Psycho: I'm ashamed to admit I only played The Crystal Shards back in the day, though needless to say I loved it enough to get into the Kirby series later. I've been on a Kirby binge since Super Star Ultra came out, which is still one of my favorite games to replay all the time. Haven't gotten Return to Dreamland yet, though have Epic Yarn, Canvas Curse, and a few VC titles.

Corneria in Brawl was great considering it was Corneria.

Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Hyrule Temple, PS1 (aside from the dumb edges and stupid changes to the windmill)
I just thought it was really awkward with the narrow blast zones and characters being bigger than Arwings now. The thing that probably cinched it for me was that event with Fox repeatedly summoning Landmasters that were essentially the same size as the Great Fox. Canon be damned, I just thought that was silly.

It doesn't help that Corneria was on FD-levels of repetition for me thanks to my irl friends always picking it. I actually preferred Sector X in 64, and Venom in Melee. StarFox was my favorite series going in to both games.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
WELCOME EVERYONE TO MIIVERSE NIGHTLY UPDATE!
Let's cut right to the meat and start off with the first Slowpoke ever featured in our showcase!

Someone hasn't checked the site.

And how about a post that's worthy of multiple facepalms?

Wait, wasn't Alex in the last showcase? Fail, dude.

And now a, uh, personal pet peeve...

*hurk* Yes, I just vomited at the pure ignorance of this post.

Er, finally, our vintage post of the night!

Meta Knight and Snake confirmed to be cut. And... Falcon, Link and Fox? What?

That's all for tonight, stay tuned for Sakurai's nightly update and return tomorrow for another MNU! Same Smash time, same Smash thread!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm at the point in new leaf when I'll start time traveling

I can't spend the YEARS the game requires for me to actually collect things

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I think I'm at the point in new leaf when I'll start time traveling

I can't spend the YEARS the game requires for me to actually collect things
Get ready for weeds, roaches, Villagers leaving, weeds, weeds, messy hair, and more weeds. And did I mention weeds?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
"I don't understand why Link is not considered top tier material. Can somebody explain?"

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Poor Link. As far as competitive play goes, his viability and overall character kit stinks. Sakurai really needs to give him some love in Smash 4.

Smooth Criminal

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My boyfriend just looked at me with all seriousness and said ''Meta Knight better have his LGBT pride color."

Meta Knight confirmed for homosexuality?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So your only gonna jump, say, a week into the past? Just curious. I've been considering it myself too.
What I mean is do everything I can do in a day/ need to do then advance to the next day. Like, for example there is NOTHING I can do right now so the game is just in my system not playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom