• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm going to go on the record saying that Game Grumps is one of my favorite youtube channels, yet I detest the fanbase.

They haven't made me quit liking the shows yet though. Not like the homestuck fanbase.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Snake's onstage game is much better than Metaknight's. A good Snake will always try to stay on stage and will use B-reversal, Recoil-special, etc. to get back on his stage safely. Snake's recovery is much better than people might think, he has his C4 as a tool to reset and use his Cypher again. Snake vs Metaknight Matchup is rated as an even MU (50-50) in most stages.
The one problem is that the C4 + recovery may cause more issues at high damage than it solves at low damage.

I see your point on the rest though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nope, we have the ball, we ran a fast break, and we jumped higher than any competitive game had ever jumped beforehand AGAINST the company that made said game, and we dunked it right in their faces with all the competitive gaming scene, gaming media, and many other people watching it, and we savored that moment.

The ball was in our court, we scored, we dunkfac'd them, and we won. Now, Nintendo has to bow to the will of the masses, especially after the save the Melee stream campaign was trended worldwide on Twitter and the #1 topic on Reddit, and Mango, Wobbles, IceClimbers, SSBM, & Evo2013 trended worldwide on Twitter (all of those minus the save the Melee stream trended during the Finals). Oh, and NintendoAmerica was trending worldwide too because so many people thanked Nintendo of America! :shades:

I guess SmashChu is right; competitive smash is a pretty insignificant fanbase. :awesome:

But really, it is more up to Evo's staff than anyone, but I think Melee will return, and I imagine in 2015 Smash WiiU will either replace or (hopefully) join it. Also, while I'm at it, this year's Evo has to hands down be the best video game event ever IMO. It was just amazing to watch.

With the higher attendance, viewership, and monetary value sponsorships (their sponsors this year have to be happy), they should get a bigger venue, more streams, and more coverage. Seriously, they peaked ABOVE cable television viewership averages for dozens of national networks. I don't know about you guys, but I see Evo (at least the finals) being aired live on TV in a few years with all that stuff going upwards at a rapid pace each year, especially this year, where basically everything was 50% higher than last year, which was a record year for them (last year).
A pipe-dream wish of mine is that if SSB4 isn't out by the time EVO is out, maybe Nintendo could debut new info or put out a playable build for EVO similar to Killer Instinct or debuting info like Street Fighter: Ultra did.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
The one problem is that the C4 + recovery may cause more issues at high damage than it solves at low damage.

I see your point on the rest though.
Actually, Snake's C4 is better at higher percentages because it can knock you up at which you can use the methods I listed above to land safely back on the stage. On lower percentages you'll have to use your Cypher again which may cause a gimp.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I went back to the Video Game Cavern again (a store that sell old games, accessories, and consoles) and I saw THIS behind the counter:

I didn't get the game since I didn't want to spend $180 on something I can get on the Wii U eShop for under $10 soon (yes, I'm very well aware it's a super rare and valuable game). I love this store (so does my twin bro as he already dropped over $300 at that place this month).
On the other hand, it'll probably be worth a whole lot more than $180 one day. :o

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not sure how i feel about his down air...
It's insta-**** off-stage
Eh, it's only bad if you are under him off the stage. On the stage it looks like it only produces tech chases.
A pipe-dream wish of mine is that if SSB4 isn't out by the time EVO is out, maybe Nintendo could debut new info or put out a playable build for EVO similar to Killer Instinct or debuting info like Street Fighter: Ultra did.
For starters, Killer Instinct got demolished at Evo. But yeah, I don't think a reveal or trailer would do, but rather, maybe some new gameplay footage or features shown, an expanded preview of say an E3 preview trailer, or even a teaser trailer for say a bigger trailer yet to be shown.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Eh, it's only bad if you are under him off the stage. On the stage it looks like it only produces tech chases.

For starters, Killer Instinct got demolished at Evo. But yeah, I don't think a reveal or trailer would do, but rather, maybe some new gameplay footage or features shown, an expanded preview of say an E3 preview trailer, or even a teaser trailer for say a bigger trailer yet to be shown.
It's kind of hard to gauge his power, seeing how highlight reels are suppose to make the character look good.
Still waiting on Yoshi, so i can finally make the jump to PM. Hopefully it's before SSB4 is released.

LOL! The live chat on Killer Instinct was hilarious!
The game seems to have a lot of C-C-C-Combo Breakers when played competitively and makes the game look boring if it's just back and forth Combo Breakers.
But yeah, anything from playable build to an in depth Melee-esque reveal trailer would be ideal for me

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
It's kind of hard to gauge his power, seeing how highlight reels are suppose to make the character look good.
Still waiting on Yoshi, so i can finally make the jump to PM. Hopefully it's before SSB4 is released.

The game seems to have a lot of C-C-C-Combo Breakers when played competitively and makes the game look boring if it's just back and forth Combo Breakers.
But yeah, anything from playable build to an in depth Melee-esque reveal trailer would be ideal for me
Are Killer Instinct and the N64 sequel as good as they say? I never played em.

(the Xbox One KI looks very uninteresting)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Are Killer Instinct and the N64 sequel as good as they say? I never played em.

(the Xbox One KI looks very uninteresting)
When I was a kid my cousin had Killer Instinct Gold (KI2 for N64). Played the **** out of that game (didn't know how to fully play but I had fun)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It looks reasonable. I saw him in some matches with the whole Brawl roster in a dev thing pre-2.5's release, and he looked way broken. I imagine that the new down air actually is less powerful (and less insta-kill) than his old down air, and judging by how he looks, I think that he'll be a beast off the ground, but on the ground, he'll be sub-par.
I imagine they're running into technical issues with putting some Melee things in his moveset (namely his cancels), as well as possibly some Smash 64 cancels.
My chat wasn't working, but the boos were deafening. I guess Evo had more Rare fans than Microsoft thought! :chuckle:
What I would guess that if such a thing were to happen, they would have had an E3 trailer, and all it would be at Evo was more or less just more extended coverage of the new stuff we got shown at E3 2014.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Guuuys, I'm dumb... I'm about to post a picture on Miiverse that I've spent some time on, but my internet had a hiccup. Although I'm back online, when I click "post" I get an error saying that I need to reconnect. Is there a way for my Wii U to connect to the internet without loosing my picture??

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Guuuys, I'm dumb... I'm about to post a picture on Miiverse that I've spent some time on, but my internet had a hiccup. Although I'm back online, when I click "post" I get an error saying that I need to reconnect. Is there a way for my Wii U to connect to the internet without loosing my picture??
I'm sorry. . .

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
It's okay. I didn't know what I was doing and I accidentally clicked on a button and returned to the home menu somehow. I don't think there's an option to save posts/pictures...? Well, if there isn't having an option to save things would be nice. At any rate, I did use my crappy webcam to take a pic of the post. :chuckle:

The only posts I make on Miiverse...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It looks reasonable. I saw him in some matches with the whole Brawl roster in a dev thing pre-2.5's release, and he looked way broken. I imagine that the new down air actually is less powerful (and less insta-kill) than his old down air, and judging by how he looks, I think that he'll be a beast off the ground, but on the ground, he'll be sub-par.
This is how he should've been from the beginning. I like the new divekick, but it is obviously a high risk, high reward move when done off stage thanks to DI.

The other main thing that I hope is resolved is the fact that all of his attacks have transcendent priority. It doesn't take much thought process to see where that could possibly go wrong.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
no joke, sonic kid needs to take a debate class

edit: also like to see why he thinks COD and bioshock are the same game

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
In the related videos there was one where a brony gave a speech about bronies in a public speaking class.

I noticed the comments section was an endless list of flaming, trolling and arguments. :p

I may not be a brony but man some people can be really immature for attacking other people's interests. >_>
I hope to Arceus they don't start demanding hate-speech laws to protect them from criticism.

They already have that one-sided view of "tolerance", and they like to shove their views down people's throats and force others to accept them.

I think MLP is cool and all (the artstyle, the characters, the fanfics, parts of the fanbase), but still, the fanbase...

And don't give the "not all like that" excuse. I'm not saying every single individual MLP fan acts that way.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
And don't give the "not all like that" excuse. I'm not saying every single individual MLP fan acts that way.
That excuse is usually put out there by people who are in denial that a huge chunk of their fanbase is made of creepy basement dwelling spergs.
It may be a "minority", but you can't say not many of them are like that when there's always a cluster of them just around the corner.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't think enough people realize how terrible every single fanbase really is. Especially in the eyes of other fanbases.

Yes that includes whichever one you're in.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sonic fanboy kid:
"LEAVE.
SONIC.
ALLOOOHHHHHNNNNEEEEEE!!!"
*turns Super Saiyan*

To him, that was the equivalent of Krillin dying a second time (and thus not being able to be brought back to life... or so Goku thought).
This is how he should've been from the beginning. I like the new divekick, but it is obviously a high risk, high reward move when done off stage thanks to DI.

The other main thing that I hope is resolved is the fact that all of his attacks have transcendent priority. It doesn't take much thought process to see where that could possibly go wrong.
The first part I totally agree with. Also, apparently he only has 4 jumps instead of 5.

As for the second part, they fixed that (to an extent) in Brawl Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom