• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Well anyways, what would Fi's attacks be? The power to stop people from fighting to remind them they are fighting a "dangerous" opponent?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I went back to the Video Game Cavern again (a store that sell old games, accessories, and consoles) and I saw THIS behind the counter:

I didn't get the game since I didn't want to spend $180 on something I can get on the Wii U eShop for under $10 soon (yes, I'm very well aware it's a super rare and valuable game). I love this store (so does my twin bro as he already dropped over $300 at that place this month).

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I went back to the Video Game Cavern again (a store that sell old games, accessories, and consoles) and I saw THIS behind the counter:

I didn't get the game since I didn't want to spend $180 on something I can get on the Wii U eShop for under $10 soon (yes, I'm very well aware it's a super rare and valuable game). I love this store (so does my twin bro as he already dropped over $300 at that place this month).
I recently found and bought a copy of Banjo Kazooie in perfect condition at a thrift shop for $10. Played the **** out of it.

Reznor

work in progress

surprisingly the price will probably go up when it comes out on the virtual console
info is from a ton of old school game shops

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's not HER fault she was annoying. She's just the Navi of the game. It's weird that Midna is the only Link partner to gain a large Smash fanbase. That could have had something to with Wolf Link as well though
I think it's just because she had the best character development of any Zelda sidekick or, heck, a vast majority of Zelda characters. Not only did she have a compelling back story but they did a great job of establishing a working relationship between her and Link. Midna was one of the few Nintendo sidekicks that felt like a true partner. Granted, I hold characters like Luigi and Diddy in high regard but neither of those characters have ever had serious moments with their bigger star counterparts. There was love and there was hate. There are times where she busts Link's balls and other times where she's genuinely sweet towards him. The sly sexual tension between the two was kind of unnerving at times but, let's get real, that almost always happens when you have two nonrelated people so closely intimate with each other that their personal bubbles burst. You have to admit, Midna almost dying halfway through Twilight Princess is probably one of the most emotional moments in any Nintendo game and certainty drove this point home. All in all, she was just a great, memorable character in a franchise that is chok full of them and her fanbase is well deserved.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I recently found and bought a copy of Banjo Kazooie in perfect condition at a thrift shop for $10. Played the **** out of it.

I got a boxed mint Conker's are a garage sale for a buck once. Along with a bunch of other awesome and rare games. To this day I wonder if that guy had any idea of their value.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I got a boxed mint Conker's are a garage sale for a buck once. Along with a bunch of other awesome and rare games. To this day I wonder if that guy had any idea of their value.
WHAT?
I had to get a copy for $70! It wasn't even boxed, it was just the cartridge (it was in essentially perfect condition though).

Either way, I considered it to be a good buy. Conker's now one of my very favorite videogames ever, and I started watching the developer's commentary/playthrough on youtube.

Still admittedly envious of your luck though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
$180? That's actually not a bad deal. Usually Earthbound sells for a lot more.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I got Banjo Tooie, Glover, Mario Party 3 and Snowboard Kids 2 for 15 bucks on ebay. Earthbound for 180 bucks is thievery with it coming out on the eShop
**** MAN I WAS GONNA PLAY THAT ONE DAY SOMETIME MAYBE IN THE FUTURE I DON'T KNOW WHEN.
Rugrats spoliers:
They grow up :awesome:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I remember when I got clay fighter, and gave it to my friend for free after I beat it. If I knew the value I would've never done that.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yea, but it's gonna be on the Wii U VC in a couple of months, and the VC emulation is exactly the same as the original game, if not, better due to not having to replace the internal battery and TV resolution.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
surprisingly the price will probably go up when it comes out on the virtual console
info is from a ton of old school game shops
I'm very sure the Virtual Console release won't affect the cartridge price. Yes, it's the same game but it's by no means the same PRODUCT. The number of cartridges out there will still be the same when it hits here digitally.
Taking a quite look at eBay agrees with you. But too pricy for my taste for a game (still haven't gotten around of beating an emulated version).

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
WHAT?
I had to get a copy for $70! It wasn't even boxed, it was just the cartridge (it was in essentially perfect condition though).

Either way, I considered it to be a good buy. Conker's now one of my very favorite videogames ever, and I started watching the developer's commentary/playthrough on youtube.

Still admittedly envious of your luck though.

Oh man that guy had rare games. It's like he collected them but then sold em for nothing... It was a glorious day!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got my copy of Earthbound after I found it in my Uncle's basement (it was complete in it's box too :cool:).

So far the highest I've paid for a game ($200) was for a mint boxed copy of Pulseman, which I paid for mostly using gift cards I had no use for. Considering prices for a cart go for around $90+ I think I got an okay deal. Only ever time I think I'll spend so much on a game again will be when I attempt to go after Rockman Mega World aka Mega Man: The Wily Wars.

I did see a boxed copy of Little Samson at one of my local game stores for $900 though.

Reznor

work in progress
I'm very sure the Virtual Console release won't affect the cartridge price. Yes, it's the same game but it's by no means the same PRODUCT. The number of cartridges out there will still be the same when it hits here digitally.
Taking a quite look at eBay agrees with you. But too pricy for my taste for a game (still haven't gotten around of beating an emulated version).
i'm just saying what stores have told me

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It depends. On the one hand, the demand for the game will go down, on the other it could potentially make it even rarer. With Earthbound I'd guess that the price will go down as most of what's making it so expensive is demand rather than the actual cart itself being super rare. From what I've noticed it has gone down a fair amount already ever since the VC version was announced.

Personally I'm really interesting in seeing how prices for the game, Shantae, will go after it comes out on the VC later this week.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
What else did he have?
I must know
Okay, this is from my list so it copy pasted weird, but I marked the ones I got that day.

Clay Fighter 63 1/3 Sculptors Cut, Bomberman 64 The Second Attack, Starcraft 64, Ogre Battle 64, Myriad 6 in 1, Bubble Bath Babes, Peek A Boo Poker. Hot Slots, Stadium Events, Virtual Bowling, Jack Bros., and Veritcal Force,

He lacked the systems for the games though. I mean some of these are insane expensive so I've worried tthey were stollen. But even when I had to sell em I never had issues so they must have been legit.

And yes I had to sell them. Rent and medical bills broke my heart... Seeing these go killed me.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Okay, this is from my list so it copy pasted weird, but I marked the ones I got that day.

Clay Fighter 63 1/3 Sculptors Cut, Bomberman 64 The Second Attack, Starcraft 64, Ogre Battle 64, Myriad 6 in 1, Bubble Bath Babes, Peek A Boo Poker. Hot Slots, Stadium Events, Virtual Bowling, Jack Bros., and Veritcal Force,

He lacked the systems for the games though. I mean some of these are insane expensive so I've worried tthey were stollen. But even when I had to sell em I never had issues so they must have been legit.

And yes I had to sell them. Rent and medical bills broke my heart... Seeing these go killed me.
:( Oh man, I'm sorry.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Personally I'm really interesting in seeing how prices for the game, Shantae, will go after it comes out on the VC later this week.
Which I'm VERY looking forward to. I beaten that game (via emulation) and I loved it as well as the DSiWare sequel on my 3DS. When I beat VC Shantae then rebeat Shantae: Risky's Revenge, I'll have my body ready for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
What does this mean....?
Not much, really, almost nothing. Many people vastly overplay the significance of this number in relation to biblical study, it only appears once in Revelations and is overshadowed by much bigger, more prevalent and relevant themes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not much, really, almost nothing. Many people vastly overplay the significance of this number in relation to biblical study, it only appears once in Revelations and is overshadowed by much bigger, more prevalent and relevant themes.
I sort of know what it really means, I was actually being sarcastic there.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Didn't "666" originate from something in relation to a tyrannical Roman ruler?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's been speculated that the number was actually in reference to a ruler of Rome during the time Revelations was written. In fact, it's even speculated that the Battle of Armageddon is actually much smaller than the common portrayal as a world war. It was to take place in a field.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's been speculated that the number was actually in reference to a ruler of Rome during the time Revelations was written. In fact, it's even speculated that the Battle of Armageddon is actually much smaller than the common portrayal as a world war. It was to take place in a field.
Football (either one really) field I hope. Much more interesting. Not by much though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Then again Satan and Jesus have superpowers and what not, so the match would probably play something like a game of Mario Strikers.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Did someone mention Glover?

I loved that ****ing game. I rented it so many times and beat it every time.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Then again Satan and Jesus have superpowers and what not, so the match would probably play something like a game of Mario Strikers.
Yea, Jesus is apparently so good the Bible says he'll win anyway.
He's probably one of those guys who plays as Daisy and stuff.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So to stray from religious talk and the inevitable arguments to follow, how about we discuss... Uh... Stages? Music? Anything Smash related, really.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Did someone mention Glover?

I loved that ****ing game. I rented it so many times and beat it every time.
I only know of that game because of Game Grumps, where they only make like 3 episodes of a game and quit.
Their job is to play videogames, and they can't even do that right, it's astounding how lazy they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom