• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Makes sense.

With daily updates we should be able to churn through the revealed information faster than one might think.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is there more adds on this site or is it just my computer. I see them inbetween posts and threads now

Dark Pit wouldn't be a horrible choice, definitely would prefer Palutena thouh
Yes he would. He is literally just a dark version of pit. He can have all the same weapons

bobadz

Smash Ace
I have a feeling Sakurai is going to be giving each character a spolight in the Miiverse updates as well as the already revealed stages before we get any newer updates. So far we have these:

Wii Fit Trainer
Megaman
Pit
Fox
Samus
Villager

Battlefield(3DS)
Interesting point.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
To be fair, anyone from the same series can have the same weapons/moves. Mario, StarFox, Earthbound/Mother, and Fire Emblem characters are good examples, and would probably have better "clone" examples.

Not sure why I'm defending a character I don't support at all, but meh. And I haven't gotten any ads ever on here.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Though Palutena is the likeliest and most deserving Kid Icarus newcomer, I wouldn't mind Dark Pit. Given the amount of weapons in Uprising, it's possible that he could have a unique moveset. He doesn't necessarily have to be a clone, though there's always that possibility.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Regarding today's daily picture on the Smash Bros. site, I guess it confirms that the Upperdash Arm is Pit's new side special move.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why people hating on my boy Waluigi though? Everyone knows they want to play Mario & Luigi vs. Wario and Waluigi Money Matches.
Because more people outside the Internet want to play Mario & Luigi vs. blue Toad & yellow Toad NSMBW/U matches and Mario vs. Luigi vs. Peach vs. Toad SMB2/SM3DW matches? :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, some people want to see Waluigi in Smash. Some want to see Toad in Smash. And then there's the even smaller list who want to see both. I'm one of those.

Aefice

Smash Apprentice
are people going to buy a Japanese wii u to play the game as soon as it comes out? even if from Europe

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I did import the US version of Brawl with a Freeloader back in the day, and I'm from Europe...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
are people going to buy a Japanese wii u to play the game as soon as it comes out? even if from Europe
Well, I waited 6 more months than Japan and 3 more months than N. America, so I won't mind waiting more time for this one, even though I believe the wait won't be so long this time, judging how Nintendo has been making efforts to keep the release dates as close as possible.

Being from Europe, I'm used to waiting more time than usual, even though some games come to Europe before North America.

fromia

Smash Cadet
Hey has anybody discussed about the moveset changes and speculate what are the actual changes?

Like Mario's dash attack seems to have good KO power and flame elements this time.

And Bowser's new drop kick will become its Forward Smash.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait a minute. I haven't heard of this...
Around 0:25 in this video.

Also, has anyone noticed that this timed match lasts 1:30 instead of an exact quantity of minutes (like 1:00 or 2:00)? Maybe we will be able to set the time in 30 s increments or maybe even 10 s increments?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Is that a pivot grab at 1:15 I see? (Not that there was any worry that it would be taken out)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well that effect was seen on a couple moves
it was show in the Mega Man trailer when DK spikes MM at 0:41

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wish this was King's stage, and not Little Mac's.
Proper chain grabs confirmed.

Namco Bandai influences. Lovin' it.

Yo imagine Fox with variable grab combos ending with him pulling out his blaster for the coup de grace.
Sounds like a cool super to me. It's too bad that chain grabs would only be workable in a 1v1 game.

Pit has a slower recovery Falcons sideb. Sounds very ****ty on paper, but we'll see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-hPRocg8Yw the only fastfalling I can really tell and that is very useful as info at all is right here at the beginning of the video with a Mario dair. Does that look like Brawl or Melee fastfalling to you?
From what we've seen though, Pit's launches higher than Raptor Boost has in the past games meaning this could be a potential kill move.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
The new flame thing happens when you're sent flying I guess. It looks cool to me, but still no PAIN GRUNTS
I'd imagine that was just for the trailer. I doubt they have all of the voices recorded, especially if the roster isn't finalized.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of voice clips, but I do question if Marth will speak English in this next iteration. I mean the only reason the Japanese voice clips were retained was to emphasis his status as a Japan-only character, though that's no longer the case as of 2009.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Speaking of voice clips, but I do question if Marth will speak English in this next iteration. I mean the only reason the Japanese voice clips were retained was to emphasis his status as a Japan-only character, though that's no longer the case as of 2009.
If they kept Marth speaking only Japanese, that would be absolutely ridiculous. It was insulting enough to non-Japanese fans when they did it in Brawl.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did, sadly, given that Marth was not localized for Brawl while the other Japan-only character, Lucas, was. That said, I agree. Having some Japan-only characters is understandable, particularly in the case of FE, but it's a slap in the face to not at least localize the Smash versions.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I believe Takamaru will inherit the Japanese voice acting. It fits him well.
I would just prefer if they gave us English/Japanese options like they did for Awakening.

On another topic, has anyone besides me gotten into Tag 2 yet? I was just thinking that Smash could really benefit from that game's ghost mode. It's a more natural grinding for beginner players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom