• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This to me is the perfect situation for Takamaru to be in. All these little cameos bringing him back into peoples minds and then he ends up in smash and garners massive appeal because lez be serious fellas, he's awesome. From there Sakurai can revive the franchise with an actual game starring Takamaru.
The point wasn't that I don't think we will be seeing Takamaru, but that if he gets in, it won't be because Sakurai wants to revive Takamaru when he already has been in character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong is climbing on the poll (she's now 14th place). I think her return to prominence is creating more interest in her and confidence among her fans.

Pac-Man is also climbing as well. He is definitely the most wanted third-party character at this point (BK have no prayer in getting in), and there may be increasingly more interest in him from here on out. I really doubt he will break the Top 10 though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If Dixie is getting more popular because of her E3 appearence, I think it will really start to show in the NEXT voting round. Mostly because this round is probably made up of only about 70 votes from post-E3. It's not all fully from post-E3.

I'm ready to be able to take Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man off of my poll.

And I've already got four more votes from just the guests viewing this thread. Yay.

Yogibur

Smash Cadet
Well I think if Dixie gets into the game she would have to be like Sheik and Zelda but with Diddy maybe they could go into a barrel or something lol

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm getting the feeling with Donkey Kong Country: TF that we might get Dixie over K. Rool.:urg:
I hope King K. Rool is that mystery character!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well I think if Dixie gets into the game she would have to be like Sheik and Zelda but with Diddy maybe they could go into a barrel or something lol
Pretty much the IC problems deconfirm (In my mind) the Dixie/Diddy duo idea being used again. I do think she'll be playable in Smash, just alone.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What IC problem?

There's a problem with characters that use two characters on the 3DS version. They're having trouble with it. Some people think it's characters like Zelda/Shiek, but I'm pretty sure it's referring to IC's.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Even if she remains mid tier, she's still in the top 10 and is over 200 votes ahead of the 2nd highest KI rep, Medusa.
Works for me. It just shows Palutena is loved and popular, and I am glad that I am one of those who support the Goddess of Light. <3

Hoots

Can Be Combative
There's a problem with characters that use two characters on the 3DS version. They're having trouble with it. Some people think it's characters like Zelda/Shiek, but I'm pretty sure it's referring to IC's.
I'd bet money that Sakurai's having even more trouble with Olimar. I swear to Cthulhu, Odin, and The Grand Architect, if Olimar and Ice Climbers are cut from the roster for the sake of the 3DS version, I will absolutely lose it.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what sort of problem they're having?

I mean, duo characters work just fine on the PSP versions of Blazblue and Guilty Gear.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

volbound1700

Smash Master
@ChronoBound (#20778): It's hard to say how many newcomer will be in, though given that Namco is working on the game and they managed to balance nicely a 62 character roster for Tekken Tag Tournament, I'm feeling pretty good in that we will get at least fifty characters when taking into account transformation (and I am aware of the roster comment, though I think it's referring more to mechanical issues than issues with space). Anywhere from twelve to eighteen additions seems like a possible range.

I am expecting at the very least to see Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, a retro rep and a misc. newcomer. I honestly think that this move may have very well saved the franchise from death. What this shows is that Capcom does at least care about Mega Man to some extent and the fact that Capcom saw Mega Man as worth adding into Smash beside having more relevant characters (Ryu, Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy, etc.) shows that they do give the IP some value. Had Capcom said "no", it would likely indicate the eventual death of the franchise, which would have made me lose all hope in the gaming industry.

I can truly appreciate Mega Man's appearance in Smash being possible, especially when he had some significant things stacking against him (Capcom's greed, being third-party and the possibility of Sakurai and Capcom not contacting each other). It's why I've been saying Mega Man's inclusion would guarantee me purchase of the game and now that Mega Man is a reality, I will make good on that promise regardless of what happens to the roster.I liked how the character select screen gave a more "Smash" feeling than an "epic" feeling that Melee and Brawl did and that the character select screen had different music than the main menu.I think Pac-Man will end up being one of the least popular newcomers for this game, guest or not. There were a variety of reasons why Sonic and Mega Man were hyped so much. Hopefully, Pac-Man will be the only "bad" newcomer this game gets (I consider the Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac and Mii to all be good, if not great or excellent choices).Then Sakurai should be incredibly thankful that he included Mega Man because otherwise, I would not buy the game with such a shoddy roster. Even then, I would be really furious at the result.

But like Swampasaur said, Sakurai isn't going to be that stupid. I see no scenario where we don't get Mewtwo, a Fire Emblem character (my guess being Roy), a Donkey Kong newcomer and a retro newcomer.The last thing I want to see is a bunch of Sonic fans raid the board and have to witness the worst of the fan base over and over again.Ask me back on Monday and I would have argued why I felt Takamaru was as close to a guarantee as we're going to get for a newcomer and would have argued this with certainty. But with two retro newcomers being unlikely and Mach Rider being a real candidate for a spot, my confidence has been shaken for Takamaru.

I don't believe that Capcom was trying to kill Megaman. They did the recent Megaman 8 or whatever and put a lot of energy into the re-releases and to make them like the old series. I just think Capcom doesn't know how to use him properly at the moment.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sooo...
Lil' Mac, Mii and Pac Man...?

I hate bringing that up. Personally, I think it's a stupid rumor.
But that's what we got...

I hope it's that, but, you never know.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Despite the fuss I made yesterday about Sheik/ZSS/Pokemon Trainer, I've looked on other forums to see their thoughts and the people with a decent amount of programming knowledge seem to agree that the issue is individual character AI and that of the current cast this affects the Ice Climbers and Olimar.

volbound1700

Smash Master
If they show Sonic, I will be so relieved. I am going to be nervous until he is shown. I know some of my Nintendo favorites that are not confirmed like Luigi, Diddy Kong, Dedede, Game & Watch, Yoshi, Ness, etc. will be back.

Not a Pokemon fan but a little nervous about Lucario. I just don't think he should go anywhere even if Mewtwo is back.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Despite the fuss I made yesterday about Sheik/ZSS/Pokemon Trainer, I've looked on other forums to see their thoughts and the people with a decent amount of programming knowledge seem to agree that the issue is individual character AI and that of the current cast this affects the Ice Climbers and Olimar.

Totally out of the blue, but did you ever hear anything from Nintendo about your Geno case?

Who is that guy? O:

He's connected to NintendoOfAmerica somehow, and Layton.

D

Deleted member

On the discussion of Olimar, I don't know if the Pikmin are any sort of issue.
They seemed more like items that moved than full characters like Nana.

NatP

Smash Ace
He's the voice actor for Professor Layton.

EDIT: WAIT NEVERMIND! He's not the voice actor, but he is related in some way to professor layton. though. I got a bit ahead of myself.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He's the voice actor for Professor Layton.

Okay, so that's how he's related to Layton, but how is he related to NOA? What's an ADP?

If he said later tonight, I'm guessing Sakurai's gonna do something. If he just had some rumors/pic HE HAD, he probably would reveal them instantly. He probably got tipped that something's going on with Smash tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom