• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It seems that Sakurai might be interested in Pac-Man when the idea got planted into his mind during the interview. Notice he didn't go *laughs* when Pac-Man was suggested. He went ahead and asked what Pac-Man's Final Smash would be like.
But I mean, come on, who else is widely known by gamers across the world and across gamer generations from Namco?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Look, if we're harboring on what is exactly an iconic figure, we wouldn't of gotten half of the roster we have today. Only appealing to what is known to the general public just causes limitations and overall leads to a much duller experience.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Sakurai said:
Even in cases like adding Pokemon characters, there are a lot of parties involved and there’s a lot of wrangling
I highly doubt we will be seeing Blaziken as many people have been wanting... If Sakurai is going to add a Pokemon character and go through hell and back putting them in, I think he is going to want to make it count.

I also think we have our Naruto/Goku killer article!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
But I mean, come on, who else is widely known by gamers across the world and across gamer generations from Namco?
Wakkawakkawakkawakkawakkawakkawakkawakkawakkawakkawakkawakkawakka
>Not wanting KOS-MOS.

Really?

Only if you promise to read them all.

I know man, it makes me sad... KOS-MOS would be awesome.
Admittedly, I'd be perfectly fine with KOS-MOS.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
If anything it'll be like how Mewtwo and Lucario were in movies. Zoroark and the new Mewtwo potentially.

I'd love the hate of Keldeo getting in (that said I'd main Keldeo if Birdo/Toad didn't make it in)

D

Deleted member

Look, if we're harboring on what is exactly an iconic figure, we wouldn't of gotten half of the roster we have today. Only appealing to what is known to the general public just causes limitations and overall leads to a much duller experience.
Except that this is within context of guests.

SmurdeR

Smash Cadet
What if that guy who posted that Pac-man would be in SSB4, knew that Pac-man wouldn't be in it, and just wanted to watch the threads burn?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What if that guy who posted that Pac-man would be in SSB4, knew that Pac-man wouldn't be in it, and just wanted to watch the threads burn?
To be clear that article doesn't deconfirm Pac-man. It just says that Sakurai is going to be very strict when it comes to implementing any 3rd characters. They would have to play a special role in Nintendo's history
and I would consider this:

to be pretty big event in Nintendo's history. having an arcade game in your house was BIG!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This is guests. The parameters for guests Sakurai has, are different from Nintendo characters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Mario Vs. Mega Man Vs. Pac-Man

Nintendo Vs. Capcom Vs. Namco

All were missing is Saaaaannnnnic

Not saying Pac-Man will get in btw.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To be clear that article doesn't deconfirm Pac-man. It just says that Sakurai is going to be very strict when it comes to implementing any 3rd characters. They would have to play a special role in Nintendo's history
Pac-Man has a special role in Nintendo's history.

- Vs. Pac-Man, developed by Miyamoto (he is a fan of Pac-Man)
- Pac-Man in Mario Kart Arcade GP series
- dozens of Pac-Man games on Nintendo systems

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So I was just playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf earlier... and I got a fortune cookie with a ticket #41 inside. I cashed in my ticket at Nook's store and got a Wii Balance Board furniture. My god... it's like my game supports Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. :awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Pac-Man has a special role in Nintendo's history.

- Vs. Pac-Man, developed by Miyamoto (he is a fan of Pac-Man)
- Pac-Man in Mario Kart Arcade GP series
- dozens of Pac-Man games on Nintendo systems
I agree and I edited my post with the NES game because having the classic Pac-man game in your home was huge! I'm pretty confident he's in it's just a matter of which version

Or

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why don't we have both modern and classic Pac-Man? Pac-Man needs to be in his modern appearance so he can fight with arms and legs. For his Final Smash, Pac-Man turns into a giant 2D langolier just like the suggested Final Smash in that interview with Sakurai.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I agree and I edited my post with the NES game because having the classic Pac-man game in your home was huge! I'm pretty confident he's in it's just a matter of which version

Or
I like the classic design for Pac-Man the best. The one that they have for that new cartoon is ugly and creepy. Sadly, that is the design they will most likely use.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I just wish we didn't HAVE to talk about WHICH Pacman is getting in Smash. We've come too far. I never would have thought it would come to this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sakurai's rules on third parties just means we're not gonna get in random (yet cool) third party rep. So basically people like Lloyd, a majority of Sonic's friends, Geno, etc.

Basically you're going to have to be pretty iconic in gaming to get into Smash Brothers if you're not a Nintendo character and I'm a okay with that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like the classic design for Pac-Man the best. The one that they have for that new cartoon is ugly and creepy. Sadly, that is the design they will most likely use.
IF Pac-Man gets on the roster in the first place.

I just wish we didn't HAVE to talk about WHICH Pacman is getting in Smash. We've come too far. I never would have thought it would come to this.
Considering Sakurai's criteria for third parties, what other Namco Bandai character would fit?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Not saying I care either way, but am I the only one who likes the new Pac-Man model?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
IF Pac-Man gets on the roster in the first place.

Considering Sakurai's criteria for third parties, what other Namco Bandai character would fit?
In an ideal world, a Namco character would never come anywhere close to getting into a Smash game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom