• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Like how Iwata saved SSB for last. :laugh:

As soon as I saw... the franchise logos, the Villager's letter... OH GOD (and I'm atheist!)!!

ARE YOU ALL HYPED LIKE I AM???!!! :joyful:

A quote from myself earlier:

OH MY GOD THAT WAS THE BEST THING EVER THE RING COULD ANNOUNCE LITTLE MAC AND PIT HAS PH1R3 AND MEGAMAN AND THE TRAIN STAGE AND OH MY GOOOOOODDD

BEST

BIRTHDAY

EVER

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
25 users and 22 guests checking this board! HYPE LEVELS ON MAX! :crazy:

I think Pit's Upperdash Arm and Mega Man's abilities hint character customization by switching specials... what do you think?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of the little details I liked about the trailer is the fact that the Villager got an invitation in the mail to join Smash Bros. Perhaps I'm being a little bit selfish but I would absolutely LOVE if they did this with the rest of the newcomers when they're revealed.
looks to me that Mega Man showed up uninvited, which is what got Mario, DK, Kirby and Link so angry

TheTuninator

Smash Champion

I think Pit's Upperdash Arm and Mega Man's abilities hint character customization by switching specials... what do you think?
I sincerely doubt that we'll see move customization, personally. It'd be pretty clunky to do and would slow down jumping right into a game, which I'm not sure is something Sakurai wants.

One of the little details I liked about the trailer is the fact that the Villager got an invitation in the mail to join Smash Bros. Perhaps I'm being a little bit selfish but I would absolutely LOVE if they did this with the rest of the newcomers when they're revealed.
I would absolutely hope that they did this. Especially if it meant that for Ridley we got Samus dropping him off an invitation. :grin:

NatP

Smash Ace
That would be freaking awesome! I can already imagine Luigi's video. He's like constantly near the phone, chewing on his fingernails, hoping for that call to join Smash 4. And then when he finally gets it, he jumps into the air yelling "YIPEE!".

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Honestly now i have to buy a Wii U lol.Need yo get a new controller to have more of a melee feel to it.

If Pit is in the game then Sonic the Hedgehog must be in it too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
GameTrailers' Nintendo Hour Live-Blog said:
there may be more Smash Bros. news coming during E3
Good to know. ;)
Looks like we might not be out of the woods yet. :awesome:

Also, Nintendo might return to having a conference next year.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I sincerely doubt that we'll see move customization, personally. It'd be pretty clunky to do and would slow down jumping right into a game, which I'm not sure is something Sakurai wants.
You have a point, but what about Mega Man's moves...? I doubt they could be implemented all into special moves, or... is there a new mechanic we don't know yet?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyone else notice SS level had no 3DS pics, and ST level had no Wii U pics?
I told you this was coming: platform specific franchise stages.

Mario: Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) / Starship Mario (Wii U)
Zelda: Spirit Tracks (3DS) / Skyloft (Wii U)
Yoshi: Yoshi's Island (3DS) / Yoshi Sofa (Wii U)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I really hope that's not the case due to the balance issues that'll come about. It may or may not mean that movesets have been expanded. It's really hard to tell.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nintendo and Sony both won this E3. It's a tie between both.

This is one of the most memorable E3's since a long time, what do you think?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
We probably shouldn't assume that any stages are platform specific since it wouldn't make sense for them to show the 3DS and WiiU versions of each stage in the trailer. Where's the fun in seeing one stage twice instead of two stages?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
That's some funky logic
Pit was only a mere trophy in Melee.Then he was a playable yet he only had two games back in the 80s.

Now he only has 3 games behind his belt yet he's still in the new Smash.Sonic like mega Man is from a different company all together yet he was in brawl.Sonic will be in U even if he isn't i'm still buying it.yolo swag

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I told you this was coming: platform specific franchise stages.

Mario: Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) / Starship Mario (Wii U)
Zelda: Spirit Tracks (3DS) / Skyloft (Wii U)
Yoshi: Yoshi's Island (3DS) / Yoshi Sofa (Wii U)

Definitely looks like it. As for Villager not being in a 3DS image, I would guess it's because of development? Not that he's an exclusive.

Wait, were there any levels shared between games?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
You have a point, but what about Mega Man's moves...? I doubt they could be implemented all into special moves, or... is there a new mechanic we don't know yet?
They could be grabs, aerials, or even all fired by side-B and cycled through with a different move, likely down-B.

It'd be very un-Megaman for him to be stuck with only one special ammunition decided at the beginning of the match.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Marth should just be a damn starting character by now.
If they stick to unlocking characters the same way as always then Marth should be unlocked and playable in less than 10 minutes after booting up the game... unless he's unlocked after event match #3451. =S

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If they stick to unlocking characters the same way as always then Marth should be unlocked and playable in less than 10 minutes after booting up the game. Well, unless he's unlocked in event match #3451. =S
I suppose, but Sakurai is fairly erratic with unlocking characters in Smash. Jigglypuff, one of the first to unlock in the first two, was one of the last in Brawl. Ness and Marth previously used to be more difficult (or at least time-consuming) to unlock than in Brawl... and there are probably some other examples, but I honestly forget the specifications for unlocking most characters, it's been that long. :laugh:

I would expect this from Johnny, but you... Oh you will pay dearly for this, you assist trophy Isaac supporter!
Oooh, I'm shaking in my heels. :troll:
It's all in good fun Holdie ;)

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Why the **** is there so many Toon Link love?? Gtfo with his stupid ass we already have link. One link is enough, no toon link, young link, windwaker link, ocarina link, ice cream link, ghetto link whatever. Better have skull kid/zant in it. Same goes for dr mario and pichu.

I hope Black Shadow/Deathborn will finally make it. Also when will this new trailer come out. I'm hella salty compared to brawl's trailer. Call me negative nancy idgaf.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
SSBF, wherever you are, here:

Definitely looks like it. As for Villager not being in a 3DS image, I would guess it's because of development? Not that he's an exclusive.

Wait, were there any levels shared between games?
Nope, none shown. Although I do not doubt there will be eventually.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It has water levels. That alone makes it better than the last game. While I was hoping for Prime 4 I am certainly not displeased with this game. Although King K. Rool better be hiding somewhere.
It was confirmed about 30 minutes ago that David Wise is doing the music for the game. You know, the guy that composed Stickerbrush Symphony and Aquatic Ambiance... yeah, that guy.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
As a Brawl Pika main this screenshot made me so happy.

The body hitbox is still HUGE. I hope it's still as powerful relative to teh game's knockback and stuff.

Doubles might be cake once more for Pika.

it's been that long. :laugh:
lol, yeah I don't remember everything either but I do know that Marth's unlocked by playing with all the starters at least once.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well 3DS seems to have:

Living Room (Nintendogs + Cats)
Super Mario Level
Spirit Train (LoZ ST)
Battlefield (3DS)
- Some sort of Chamber / Colosseum (Shown in Pic 8 of Mario's profile and Pic 7 of Pit's)

Wii U has
Skyloft (LoZ SS)
Wily's Castle (Mega Man)
Boxing Ring (Smash Bros / Punch Out?)
Battlefield (Wii U)
New Smashville (Animal Crossing)

I would like to note, it appears AC has taken ques like Balloon Hat and Boxing gloves, and I think he's even using an item in Pic 9 on his profile

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Guys, Miyamoto just confirmed that more characters will be announced for Smash Bros later tonight!

Shut your mouth. Someone PLEASE PM ME THE VIDEO so if I don't get off work in time to see it, I can be surprised instead of having to hear it all before I see it.

Plleeeeeaaaaaaaseeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom