• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was about to say "OH NOW I REMEMBER, Villager's bowling ball references the balls from the GCN Animal Crossing," but a bowling ball wasn't one of those balls...

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The Title was a bit underwhelming. :ohwell:

Everything else was awesome. :awesome:
Especially the villager.
Yeah, I wish it had a proper title. Seems that dropping suffixes is the trend in video games nowadays. On the other hand, now I can keep calling it Kerfuffle!

Do we think Pit being considered important enough to showcase in the launch trailer over, say, Marth says anything about the likelihood of a second KI rep?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Since I love the DKCR series, and don't care about Prime, I love it!

DKCR 2 looks wonderful
To each their own, just seems a bit underwhelming to me, considering that was their last game as well. (not counting MK7)

Was personally hoping for Starfox more than Metroid.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guys, just to let you know, I'm pretty sure this new site WILL have daily updates. I mean, check out Sakurai's newest tweet:

"『スマブラ』公式サイト、ひそかにすさまじい画面点数につき、まだちょっぴり重いですね。トップの写真は月〜金まで日替わり差し替え予定です。 http://www.smashbros.com"

"Points per screen awesome "Smash Bros." official site, secretly, I am still a little bit heavy. The top photo is a daily replacement scheduled from Monday to Friday. http://www.smashbros.com"
Welp, guess I'm eating my words already.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anyone else find it odd that Megaman's emblem is a gear? I mean, yeah he's a robot and all, but a gear?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Guys, just to let you know, I'm pretty sure this new site WILL have daily updates. I mean, check out Sakurai's newest tweet:

"『スマブラ』公式サイト、ひそかにすさまじい画面点数につき、まだちょっぴり重いですね。トップの写真は月〜金まで日替わり差し替え予定です。 http://www.smashbros.com"

"Points per screen awesome "Smash Bros." official site, secretly, I am still a little bit heavy. The top photo is a daily replacement scheduled from Monday to Friday. http://www.smashbros.com"
Got a link to that tweet?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mario 3D World looks wonderful. I wonder why so many people are hating on it.

I'm glad they don't have 2 toads as playable characters, and unique abilities with characters

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyone else find it odd that Megaman's emblem is a gear? I mean, yeah he's a robot and all, but a gear?
Yeah, it's pretty boring, seems like it would fit... like Advance Wars or something better (though they'd probably have a wrench). But at least Mega Man is in, his icon is secondary. :laugh:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sounds like they're just changing the photo and not revealing stuff, though.

I'm okay with waiting for characters if they give us a neat cinematic introduction for each one. Would be awesome.
This might be the way they do updates this time around. Assuming that SSB4 won't be out for at least another year, this means that there will be at least 260 updates assuming they don't skip a day (Brawl's Dojo only skipped about a week in December 2007).

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's pretty boring, seems like it would fit... like Advance Wars or something better (though they'd probably have a wrench). But at least Mega Man is in, his icon is secondary. :laugh:
I'd expect a wrench (if Andy) or the logo of whatever nation the CO is from for Advance Wars.

D

Deleted member

It's a gear? At first I thought it was one of Cut Man's saw blades.
A gear makes less sense to me.

I would have thought that his icon would be something like his helmet.

EDIT: So it seems we can't save the icon images themselves anymore.
So we can't find out what "number" the icon is for speculation purposes like Brawl :troll:.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't feel too excited.

Sorta feeling very pessimistic.

Maybe because I don't know if I want to wait anymore to be just disappointed. I sorta am (though Megaman's inclusion was very sweet move.)

I though am sad I had to cut down most of my wanted newcomers to avoid disappointment.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well, if they're only changing the screen shot, maybe it's worth noting that there are 5 "missing" screenshots on a few characters' pages. Might just fill those in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else think samus looks more feminine?

She looks curvier

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So I should ask.

Do you think it tops Brawl's trailer? :p
Personally, I don't. It looked better, sure, and Mega Man has me more hyped than any of the individual characters in the Brawl trailer, but the music and the amount of newcomers last time beat this one out for me. This was still a great trailer though, liked the individual universes at the beginning and the transitions between 3DS and Wii U. And Mega Man ofc.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
No, in my opinion this didn't top Brawl's trailer. Mega Man being added is amazing but...in terms of content (being newcomers and reveal of other veterans) not a chance.

The graphics for the Wii U version are beautiful though, I must say.

Also am I the only one that absolutely loves Bowser's new model and side kick?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Samus does have quite the hourglass waist there, though I can't recall if she's always been like that. Aren't her recent suits a bit less bulky?

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Inb4 Megaman will be one of those spammy ass projectile happy annoying bull**** characters that everyone will hate to play against.

volbound1700

Smash Master
A lot of speculation in here about the lack of newcomers. I honestly think it has more to do with development. I am under the belief that there is still a lot needed for the final product. We will have more crazy days with Dojo updates.

Meanwhile the new Mario 3D game looked great. I can play with my fiancee (soon to be wife) and friends.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Doesn't beat Brawl, but it came pretty darn close. Was especially surprised at all the CGI cutscenes and intros to all the currently known franchises bar Fire Emblem & Mega Man.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Just read a few pages of this thread, saw a lot of "hype ruined" posts.

Here's a tip: don't take it so seriously and don't "expect" characters to be added, especially silly ones who have no real shot (Toad, Waluigi, etc). You'll enjoy the hypefest much more that way.

I'm super hype for Villager. Reminds me of all the Tom Nook arguments during the Brawl days. Mega Man looks cool too... I just hope Snake makes a return, or Big Boss/Punished Snake if they want to keep things current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom