• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
First of all, ew, stop drooling over a robot suit.

Secondly, anyone else thinking Toon Link is oust? I have a feeling that cuts are definitely coming. I'm glad everything most people "expected" didn't happen. It's good to see the "Shoe ins / very likely" characters according to us get no mentions yet. Just goes to show we actually have no idea what we're talking about. To me, that's a good thing. Villager's reveal already livens up the roster. It isn't so SWF cookie cutter.

Also, if Toon Link IS cut, Toon Zelda won't be added, so who do you think would be?.... Or would they keep it Link Zelda / Shiek, and Ganondorf?

Third, Link isn't in SS attire, so, I'm guessing Zelda won't be either, lame. Also, is the DOJO actually going to be updated? . . .

D

Deleted member

Yeah, no Fire Emblem seemed strange, but then again, who would they show off that wouldn't cause a ****storm of speculation?

Can't show off Marth, since he's typically a secret character.
Ike would raise a bunch of "why no Chrom" discussion.
Chrom would raise "Ike/Marth aren't coming back" discussion.
etc.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We were all expecting more newcomers, understandably, but it was still beautiful, better than Brawl to me all around except for said content. But I don't mind the idea of information passing along bit by bit from now on. Sounds exciting!

Really the only thing I was disappointed about in the Direct was Retro seems to be working on another DKC (which - is good I guess, I just wanted something new). And I won't get Kart until 2014.

I can understand the disappointment, I cannot complain though because the last Donkey Kong game was a delight.

Really shocked no one is complaining about the lack of kremlins again honestly. :laugh:

And I bet Nintendo still has a few tricks up their sleeve for this E3...
I may be misinformed, or my memory is being "useful" again, but weren't we going to have Sakurai talk to us about Smash Brothers?

Hey, at least Ghirahim is still a possibility. :troll:
Hey! Why is there a troll face? DO YOU THINK THIS IS A JOKE?!

Be logical, sir. There have only been, by identity 3 types of Link.
Adult
Young
And Toon.

If he's in as a stage element, he probably wont be playable.
Could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on those odds.
Links typically change with each game, individually they are different. Toon is just another recurring theme.

Mario 3D World looks wonderful. I wonder why so many people are hating on it.

I'm glad they don't have 2 toads as playable characters, and unique abilities with characters
Also glad there aren't TWO of those god awful things... :laugh: Though now each character having their own attributes like in Super Mario Bros. 2, so Toad is now somewhat interesting.

This game doesn't leave my mystified at how magical it seems like how Galaxy left me when I first saw it, but this looks really fun, and I've been wishing since Galaxy's terrible multiplayer for a REAL 3D Mario multiplayer experience. Thank you Nintendo!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some people in the comments on IGN were saying the Tanuki suit probably wasn't in the game because of the cat suit

However, the Tanooki suit is in the trailer

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who finds it a little odd that Yoshi was the only veteran of the original eight characters that wasn't in the trailer..? I really hope that doesn't mean he's been cut, which I'm sure he isn't, but you never know.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Anyone else think samus looks more feminine?

She looks curvier
She's curvier in Other M so they're reflecting on that. And that God for no more bulge. Her pose reminds me greatly of KOS-MOS' art from Namco X Capcom.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can understand the disappointment, I cannot complain though because the last Donkey Kong game was a delight.

Really shocked no one is complaining about the lack of kremlins again honestly. :laugh:
tbh I don't much care about the Kremlings. Shh, don't tell BKupa. :laugh:
Still like them better than the tikis and the... vikings though...

I may be misinformed, or my memory is being "useful" again, but weren't we going to have Sakurai talk to us about Smash Brothers?
I think that was a rumor, but him giving some sort of interview seems all but guaranteed, he's at E3 after all.

Hey! Why is there a troll face? DO YOU THINK THIS IS A JOKE?!
Sorry, didn't mean to make you furious, outraged, or sick with anger. :troll::troll::troll:

Peach being playable in SM3DW leaves a big question.

WHO WAS KIDNAPPED? :laugh:

Bowser? :troll:
Geno. :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, no Fire Emblem seemed strange, but then again, who would they show off that wouldn't cause a ****storm of speculation?

Can't show off Marth, since he's typically a secret character.
Ike would raise a bunch of "why no Chrom" discussion.
Chrom would raise "Ike/Marth aren't coming back" discussion.
etc.
Lyn

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
It's interesting that the 2 games have different art styles. It looks like I'll end up getting both after all.:laugh: When I first saw the trailer I thought Toon Link would be cut when he was a background character in the Spirit Train stage but then I realised that was just the 3DS version. :cool:

Did anybody else notice that Mario uses an attack very like Donkey Kong's side B at 1:33? Looks like the FLUDD will be cut. :rotfl:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If they only wanted to show two newcomers it makes sense that they wouldn't show a FE newcomer. FE is high profile, but not that high profile.

The decision to go with the thickly-outlined style on 3DS was really smart. That system's biggest problem is a painful lack of anti-aliasing, and thick outlines should go a long way toward alleviating that problem.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone notice there is no artwork for the villager in the 3DS version...

Character exclusive maybe???

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What's up? Just saw the trailer.

Words cannot express how fantastic the game looks on both 3DS and Wii U. The trailer was amazing and I'm absolutely loving the art style.

Villager was unexpected and FÜCK YEAH, MEGA MAN!! Now they just need to bring back Sonic and Snake. PLEASE, SAKURAI, MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks stages, fück yeah! The new Battlefield looks amazing and so does the Boxing Ring. Bowser and Pit have new moves to show off. Mega Man's reveal STRONGLY IMPLIED character customization as I had predicted.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Did anybody else notice that Mario uses an attack very like Donkey Kong's side B at 1:33? Looks like the FLUDD will be cut. :rotfl:
That's his Up Smash, just has a new visual effect to it.

Ehhh, it's possible... but with New Leaf being so huge and everything it wouldn't really make sense...

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad rescuing Bowser would be HILARIOUS.
Like seriously. I really hope they do this.

Mega Man's reveal STRONGLY IMPLIED character customization as I had predicted.
Mega Man's reveal strongly implies that one of his moves cycles ammo types. Unless you meant his head changing and not move changing? In that case, I agree.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Many people are predicting Toon Link to be cut after he appeared in the Spirit Tracks stage. :sadsheep:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Anyone else think samus looks more feminine?

She looks curvier
Those sexist ********! I'm incredibly offended by this obvious objectification. Positively livid.

tbh I don't much care about the Kremlings. Shh, don't tell BKupa. :laugh:
Still like them better than the tikis and the... vikings though...
Me neither. I mean I just called them kremlins on accident I'm just not overly concerned with what I'm jumping on, so long as there are things to jump on. While I agree the kremlings seem perhaps more compelling, I do appreciate the new ideas, potentially with more potential than the kremlings.

I think that was a rumor, but him giving some sort of interview seems all but guaranteed, he's at E3 after all.
Sounds good to me. Learning about the connectivity, and maybe even the online, would be reeeeaaalllly nice.

Sorry, didn't mean to make you furious, outraged, or sick with anger. :troll::troll::troll:

I would expect this from Johnny, but you... Oh you will pay dearly for this, you assist trophy Isaac supporter!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure Mega Man's different powers are smashes, grabs, etc.

Spark is probably up smash, heavy fist is probably a down aerial, etc.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Along with Luigi
I kinda like Luigi being unlockable. Since he's always being overlooked and all, and especially since Bowser and Peach are both starters. Marth is really the face of his series, much more so than Ike, or Roy, or Chrom, or anyone else, so he should be the FE character with the most exposure in Smash, instead of being hidden until the game starts leaking. Oh well.

D

Deleted member

Actually yeah, Peach being playable raises a big question on what the plot entails.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Maybe Wart captures Bowser, or something.

Just random, wishful thinking.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One of the little details I liked about the trailer is the fact that the Villager got an invitation in the mail to join Smash Bros. Perhaps I'm being a little bit selfish but I would absolutely LOVE if they did this with the rest of the newcomers when they're revealed.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

I was thinking that, but that would make quite literally no sense since the current popular Animal Crossing game is on the 3DS.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Like how Iwata saved SSB for last. :laugh:

As soon as I saw... the franchise logos, the Villager's letter... OH GOD (and I'm atheist!)!!

ARE YOU ALL HYPED LIKE I AM???!!! :joyful:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm not concerned with who is in the starting roster because the first thing I do is start unlocking the **** out of the characters..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom