• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone notice they revealed a new sound based pokemon and yet sound is STILL not a type?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

This look weird to anybody? Like maybe it's from an adventure mode? I don't think it matches up to any stage shown, though there was one that took place in a sort of rocky valley.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
No need to be worried about roster size. They sure as hell aren't going to shrink it, nor will they spoil the finished roster size by putting up the appropriate amount of blank pages on the Dojo.

Sonic's spring up-B was also "distinctive and unique", and yet another character now has it (Sonic could be cut, of course, but that would be shocking). Multiple characters can get boxing gloves too. I really wouldn't worry.

This look weird to anybody? Like maybe it's from an adventure mode? I don't think it matches up to any stage shown, though there was one that took place in a sort of rocky valley.
This looks like an Adventure Mode. If it's a stage, Samus and Kirby are facing the wrong way.

Although I guess it could be their taunts? Does one of Kirby's taunts turn him around like that? I think it might.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace

I've seen people assume it's Gerudo Valley. It very briefly appears in the trailer (just to the right of where this screen is taken) sometime around 0:50-1:00

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No need to be worried about roster size. They sure as hell aren't going to shrink it, nor will they spoil the finished roster size by putting up the appropriate amount of blank pages on the Dojo.

Sonic's spring up-B was also "distinctive and unique", and yet another character now has it (Sonic could be cut, of course, but that would be shocking). Multiple characters can get boxing gloves too. I really wouldn't worry.

This looks like an Adventure Mode. If it's a stage, Samus and Kirby are facing the wrong way.

Although I guess it could be their taunts? Does one of Kirby's taunts turn him around like that? I think it might.
Sonic isn't known for his spring jumps.

Little Mac doesn't do ANYTHING except box

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Gerudo Valley? So an Ocarina of Time 3D stage?

BTW, anyone have any idea about what stage is shown at 55s into the trailer? Looks like a DK stage or something Adventure mode related given only Mario is shown. I can't find any pics of it on the main website.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Regarding the Villager, some of his attacks seem to be based on the NES games that were playable in the first Animal Crossing. Keep in mind that Punch Out was one of those games in the Japanese versions. It's nothing to freak out about if you're waiting to see Little Mac though.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So now I'm gonna cut down my newcomer wishes down to three only.

Dixie, Palutena and Toad.

Rest are pretty much same as impossible to be playable at this point... (though hey, I'd be more than happy if Isaac got in.)

Sorry Starfy, Lip and Lloyd. (-í_ì-)

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
BTW, anyone have any idea about what stage is shown at 55s into the trailer? Looks like a DK stage or something Adventure mode related given only Mario is shown. I can't find any pics of it on the main website.
I would definitely say that's Adventure Mode. It looks very Subspace-esque.

-Link-

Smash Cadet
For those of you who are upset about characters who weren't shown, stop worrying so much. They just revealed the video, and just opened the dojo. I believe ( much like last time ) that they will reveal more to us bit by bit over a period of time until it comes out in order to keep us on our toes. Therefore, there are a lot of old and new characters alike that we have no idea about coming to this new smash bros game in 2014. As always though it is fun to speculate

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
For those of you who are upset about characters who weren't shown, stop worrying so much. They just revealed the video, and just opened the dojo. I believe ( much like last time ) that they will reveal more to us bit by bit over a period of time until it comes out in order to keep us on our toes. Therefore, there are a lot of old and new characters alike that we have no idea about coming to this new smash bros game in 2014. As always though it is fun to speculate
I knoow. But waiting for 2 years... (-`A`-);

Ah well, just trying to avoid disappointment.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Really the only thing I was disappointed about in the Direct was Retro seems to be working on another DKC (which - is good I guess, I just wanted something new). And I won't get Kart until 2014.

Super hyped for Smash, now beings Phase 2. :awesome:

And I bet Nintendo still has a few tricks up their sleeve for this E3... ;)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Guys, the only important thing: where the hell is Namco/Bandai?
Their logo doesn't appear anywhere.
In the official site Capcom is listed, but not Bamco.
Seriously, what the big stinky F?

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I'm going to predict that the Dojo starts updating regularly in October/November later this year.
Yeah, they don't look ready to start doing daily updates right away, sadly. I hope they kick off those updates with another new character; be a great way to advertise the Dojo and get the ball rolling.

-Link-

Smash Cadet

Look at Twilight princess link

The new smash link has the same left hand gauntlet that skyward sword link doesn't

The new link has the straps across him with a second down strap connected to his sword Skyward sword link has a second strap that goes up

Compare with this

Look at Twilight princess link

The new smash link has the same left hand gauntlet that skyward sword link doesn't

The new link has the straps across him with a second down strap connected to his sword Skyward sword link has a second strap that goes up

Compare with this

Agreed. Also, I have an assumption that they kept the twilight princess link because the new legend of Zelda hd for wii u is a direct sequel to the twilight princess game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys, the only important thing: where the hell is Namco/Bandai?
Their logo doesn't appear anywhere.
In the official site Capcom is listed, but not Bamco.
Seriously, what the big stinky F?
Perhaps they are hiding their logo until their newcomer is revealed?

In all honesty I got no idea.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
They didn't have copyrighted content that belonged to them shown so they don't have to credited... yet.
I don't really think it works this way. They actually worked on the game. It's like Team Ninja does not get credited for Other M because they don't own Metroid...

NatP

Smash Ace
Guys, just to let you know, I'm pretty sure this new site WILL have daily updates. I mean, check out Sakurai's newest tweet:

"『スマブラ』公式サイト、ひそかにすさまじい画面点数につき、まだちょっぴり重いですね。トップの写真は月〜金まで日替わり差し替え予定です。 http://www.smashbros.com"

"Points per screen awesome "Smash Bros." official site, secretly, I am still a little bit heavy. The top photo is a daily replacement scheduled from Monday to Friday. http://www.smashbros.com"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Title was a bit underwhelming. :ohwell:

Everything else was awesome. :awesome:
Especially the villager.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Be logical, sir. There have only been, by identity 3 types of Link.
Adult
Young
And Toon.

If he's in as a stage element, he probably wont be playable.
Could be wrong, but I wouldn't bet on those odds.
Oh, I understand the speculation but I'll say what others have. ROB was a background character before he was confirmed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really the only thing I was disappointed about in the Direct was Retro seems to be working on another DKC (which - is good I guess, I just wanted something new). And I won't get Kart until 2014.

Super hyped for Smash, now beings Phase 2. :awesome:

And I bet Nintendo still has a few tricks up their sleeve for this E3... ;)
Since I love the DKCR series, and don't care about Prime, I love it!

DKCR 2 looks wonderful

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Guys, just to let you know, I'm pretty sure this new site WILL have daily updates. I mean, check out Sakurai's newest tweet:

"『スマブラ』公式サイト、ひそかにすさまじい画面点数につき、まだちょっぴり重いですね。トップの写真は月〜金まで日替わり差し替え予定です。 http://www.smashbros.com"

"Points per screen awesome "Smash Bros." official site, secretly, I am still a little bit heavy. The top photo is a daily replacement scheduled from Monday to Friday. http://www.smashbros.com"

Seems like that just mean the photo above the character (currently Mega Man and Mario) will be changed daily, no new content will really be added. Yet.
Ofc I could be wrong, but I'd agree with Fatman as when to the daily updates will probably start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom