• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, waiting for Dark Pit's reveal now. :troll:

(Don't worry, Ness and Charizard will come back :awesome:)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone notice that Link isn't necessarily in Skyward Sword style?

Looks more realistic. Hopefully they follow his example with Zelda and don't add skyward sword zelda
Melee's Link wasn't necessarily Ocarina of Time's style. I don't know what your implying, but this, this IS Skyward Sword Link. :smirk:

AND GUESS WHAT, HE LOOKS BETTER THAN ALL THE OTHER ****TARD LINKS WE HAD! :laugh:

Also, Toon Link looks kind of... Deconfrimed in the 3DS version.

And if THIS doesn't scream Skyward Sword's Link to you, I'm not sure what will:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Megaman has a spring jump as well. What does that mean for Sonic?

Edit: Also, you can all expect me to now be the buzzkill pessimist of the bunch. I see the writing on the wall, gentlemen.

Absolutely nothing, given that ZSS, Olimar, and Ivysaur all have tether recoveries. You're overreacting a bit, dude.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did Capcom/ Nintendo peer into my mind on how I wanted Mega man!?!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
As much as I love Mega Man, I have to say that it's a bit sad when a trailer for Smash goes 50/50 with Nintendo and 3rd party reveals. Why so few characters shown?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Anyone notice that Link isn't necessarily in Skyward Sword style?

Looks more realistic. Hopefully they follow his example with Zelda and don't add skyward sword zelda
THIS. I LOVE this design. It's kind of like the whole approach with Mario and Donkey Kong. He's just "Link" now. Although Samus seems based off her Other M appearance. But I hope that's what Zelda looks like.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Absolutely nothing, given that ZSS, Olimar, and Ivysaur all have tether recoveries. You're overreacting a bit, dude.

All 3rd party characters will have lame-ass recoveries that's what it proofs. :laugh: :smirk:

ALSO, if they're already cutting Toon Link, there WILL be cuts this time around then.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Melee's Link wasn't necessarily Ocarina of Time's style. I don't know what your implying, but this, this IS Skyward Sword Link. :smirk:

AND GUESS WHAT, HE LOOKS BETTER THAN ALL THE OTHER ****TARD LINKS WE HAD! :laugh:

Also, Toon Link looks kind of... Deconfrimed in the 3DS version.

And if THIS doesn't scream Skyward Sword's Link to you, I'm not sure what will:

It isn't Skyward sword link. Look at skyward sword link I posted.

He doesn't have the changes that were added to Link IN Skyward sword. He's still Twilight Princess Link, but with lighter colors

Dreekuz

Smash Rookie
I noticed Pit using a new attack (looked like a dash attack), as well as what appeared to be Bowser actually dashing at Samus and Mario, rather than cruising as he has done for the past two games.

Also, I'll bet that the whiteboard drawing we've been analyzing for months was a draft for that concept art a few posts above me. Good stuff.

i think pit had an item in his hand..i could be wrong

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Eh, I'm starting to doubt the idea of Sonic returning myself

I already know the general response to this "Oh well Sega has this new partnership with Nintendo you know and Sonic's a gaming icon and blah blah blah"

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh look, I can actually get on smashboards now. o_o

Seems like my prediction roster is going nicely so far... :awesome: Villager is even more awesome than I imagined. And when they showed Mega Man, I lost my ****. Apparently the different powers won't show up so much in his specials, like swapping them like many have suggested (myself included), but in his standard moves. Nice touch!

Was expecting more newcomers, but it was all so pretty, the music, the fighting... the 2014 release date. So happy. ^_^

Appreciate Pit's new attack hinting that, as we all probably expected, he is getting an update in light of Uprising. In terms of logic and innovation this needed to happen. Also his recovery seems to lift up him up, which is cool.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I love Link's pants. And his aggressive look at the Megaman reveal trailer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It isn't Skyward sword link. Look at skyward sword link I posted.

He doesn't have the changes that were added to Link IN Skyward sword. He's still Twilight Princess Link, but with lighter colors

I don't see how you don't see it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Look at Twilight princess link

The new smash link has the same left hand gauntlet that skyward sword link doesn't

The new link has the straps across him with a second down strap connected to his sword Skyward sword link has a second strap that goes up

Compare with this

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
The art style also isn't quite the same as Skyward Sword. Link looks less cartoony. Thank god, this means Zelda will be saved.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The art style also isn't quite the same as Skyward Sword. Link looks less cartoony. Thank god, this means Zelda will be saved.
That's because he's matching the style of the new smash

But his overall design of his clothing is that of Twilight Princess

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Hmmm, so I'm guessing the blue bomber will be unlockable like Snake was? I mean, yeah it makes sense to make him a starter considering how early he was revealed but Snake was revealed pretty early too and he and Sonic both ended up being unlockable

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Are you ****ing kidding me? After all the waiting we get to see Villager and ****in megaman????? Are you ****ing kidding me. VILLAGER ?????

The only thing I liked is Bowser's new kick that looks like Bane's from injustice and the graphics/stages. This is pure bull**** men -_____-

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, seeing as Fox is also based on his Brawl look, and, well basically all veterans except DK and Samus- this is no surprise. YET, they did add in enough features to make him look more like Skyward Sword's Link, and not directly went the route of the HD Zelda 'teaser' trailer we got much earlier. I see this more as Melee's interpretation of Ocarina of Time Link, except in Skyward Sword form.

Also, I pretty much hate the Villager now to. :/ He's the only of the confrimed characters I haven't bothered with looking at his screenshots.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda surprised that Toon Link was acting as the conductor in the Spirit Tracks stage, not sure what that means for him playable wise.

Also I am the only one who noticed the Fire Emblem Awakening stage?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Villager uses balloons on his head, Balloon Fighter deconfirmed. :troll: Although I don't think anyone here thought he was likely or even wanted him. :laugh:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Also, I pretty much hate the Villager now to. :/ He's the only of the confrimed characters I haven't bothered with looking at his screenshots.
I'm happy for AC fans, but I really don't like him either. Hate the look of characters like that, veers too close to the Mii. Bit miffed that he's the only Nintendo character we were shown today.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Back in the day, characters who appeared in the background were regarded as the exact opposite of confirmed.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Just because there is an Awakening stage, doesn't mean there is an Awakening character.
True, but it's yet another sign which points toward an Awakening character being extremely likely, and the simplest explanation is that there is an Awakening stage because there is an Awakening character.

The arena is also iconic for the game because it's where Chrom and Lucina fight for the first time. In a cutscene, even! So that's interesting.

fZk

Smash Lord
Huh. Maybe those people saying the Mii and Villager are pretty much interchangeable are right. Villager has boxing gloves and a bowling ball.

Also the Balloon Fighter hat. Maybe they're just tacking on anything to him.

I think the balloon fighter thing might be an item. You grab it and it let's you fly around for a while.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Keep in mind that the Link shown in Spirit Tracks is Toon Link's (Wind Waker Link's) descendant.

Toon link might still come back, but he might not represent both Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass and Spririt Tracks if he returns.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thoughts:
1. Oh my God, I cannot get over how much I love the art direction in this game. No watered down colors, everything looks more alive, the embracing of different designs, etc.
2. I'm loving the improved design for Fox. Clothes were too baggy in Brawl. Meanwhile, Samus had a bulge in her armor that's finally gone.
3. I wanted Tom Nook, but I'll take Villager.
4. OMG, I take back everything I said about Megaman.
5. Bowser Drop Kick!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Back in the day, characters who appeared in the background were regarded as the exact opposite of confirmed.
Tron Bonne appears in the background of a MvC3 stage if she isn't being played, and ROB appears in Mute City in Brawl. Just saying.

As pointed out, the Toon Link in Spirit Tracks is NOT WW's Toon Link, so we can't make any assumptions here.

Given the importance of the arena in FE:A I am feeling even more confident about an Awakening rep now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom