• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeppp the Dojo is back, and it's AT LEAST as laggy as the vid

Skiwage

Smash Rookie
Megaman wasn't exactly a newcomer that I was hoping for, but that reveal definitely changed my mind.

D

Deleted member

So, this is what Sakurai meant by new direction; instead of going all hyper-realistic like Melee and especially Brawl did, it took a more cartoonish turn with cel-shading, bright colors, and less detail.
Guess the Villager didn't fit Brawl's atmosphere, but he certainly fits this one! :laugh:

Oh, and Mega Man is cool too.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
Where's this alleged "dojo?" I can't find it -_-

SOMEONE HELP!

Also, I need around fifteen new pairs of undergarments.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'm glad that Megaman is in the game, and I ain't even mad that Tom Nook isn't in (as long as AC is represented), but that trailer is terrible for the franchise. The roster is going to be tiny. God ****ing dammit.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
OH MY GOD THAT WAS THE BEST THING EVER THE RING COULD ANNOUNCE LITTLE MAC AND PIT HAS PH1R3 AND MEGAMAN AND THE TRAIN STAGE AND OH MY GOOOOOODDD

BEST

BIRTHDAY

EVER

I NEED A LINK TO THE DOJO, I AM SO HYPED.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yes, I do. Also, really excited for Mega Man and Villager

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
New Animal Crossing stage.
New Battlefield for the 3DS version.
New Battlefield for the WiiU version.
Skyloft stage. Seems to act like Delfino Plaza.
Spirit Tracks stage.
Nintendogs stage.
A boxing ring stage with the SSB logo. A Punch-Out! stage perhaps?
Some arena that has a dance stage. Not sure where it's from.
Castle Wily.

Where's this alleged "dojo?" I can't find it -_-

SOMEONE HELP!

Also, I need around fifteen new pairs of undergarments.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm glad that Megaman is in the game, and I ain't even mad that Tom Nook isn't in (as long as AC is represented), but that trailer is terrible for the franchise. The roster is going to be tiny. God ****ing dammit.
Not necessarily. They probably just want to reveal things bit by bit especially with the Dojo coming up immediately after the live stream.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Not necessarily. They probably just want to reveal things bit by bit especially with the Dojo coming up immediately after the live stream.
I honestly hope you're right. It seems to me like there will be quite literally no difference between the versions, so if Sakurai wants the same roster for both, he may have to screw the WiiU version. I'm honestly ridiculously scared for this game. Also, Toon Link is in the background of a stage, suggesting that he could have been axed.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, I don't know how big the roster is going to be, but, I guess I don't really care. The graphics look amazing, and I love the style. Besides, I figure we have at LEAST ten more newcomers, easily

I honestly hope you're right. It seems to me like there will be quite literally no difference between the versions, so if Sakurai wants the same roster for both, he may have to screw the WiiU version. I'm honestly ridiculously scared for this game. Also, Toon Link is in the background of a stage, suggesting that he could have been axed.
The 3DS's power shouldn't really be an issue, and good. See you later Toon Link. Anyone else think Megaman's abundance of Robot Masters powers is kind of... unfair?

Also, Tingle's baaaaaaaaack ~

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I noticed Pit using a new attack (looked like a dash attack), as well as what appeared to be Bowser actually dashing at Samus and Mario, rather than cruising as he has done for the past two games.

Also, I'll bet that the whiteboard drawing we've been analyzing for months was a draft for that concept art a few posts above me. Good stuff.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Huh. Maybe those people saying the Mii and Villager are pretty much interchangeable are right. Villager has boxing gloves and a bowling ball.

Also the Balloon Fighter hat. Maybe they're just tacking on anything to him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, it's not Tom Nook, but I guess the villager is good enough

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

For those who had lag like I.

Also, Tom Nook >> Villager. AM STILL NOT LIKING HIM!

Ness >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Villager as well :ness:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Direct kept skipping around for me, though Mega Man more than makes up for it. Here's the things that I noticed bar movesets:

Characters:
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Donkey Kong
Samus
Zero Suit Samus?
Fox
Bowser
Pit

Newcomers:
Villager
Mega Man

Stages:

3DS:
Battlefield
Desert Canyon?
SSE Looking Forest?
Spirit Tracks (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem Awakening)
3D Land (Super Mario 3D Land)
Nintendogs

Wii U:
Battlefield
Smash Boxing Ring
Skyloft (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
Smashville (Animal Crossing)
Dr. Wily's Castle (Mega Man)

Bosses:
Yellow Devil (Mega Man)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone notice that Link isn't necessarily in Skyward Sword style?

Looks more realistic. Hopefully they follow his example with Zelda and don't add skyward sword zelda

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If Super Street Fighter IV can make its way to 3DS with its entire roster, why can't Smash WiiU? Relax. There is nothing to be worried about.

I am ecstatic about Link maybe not being Skyward Sword style, because Zelda's TP design >>>>> Zelda's SS design.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also Link doesn't have the straps that skyward sword Link has

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Maaan. I love this new style. At a glance, looks very cartoony. But when you look at it, you can see there's lots of little details. Gorgeous.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Megaman has a spring jump as well. What does that mean for Sonic?

Edit: Also, you can all expect me to now be the buzzkill pessimist of the bunch. I see the writing on the wall, gentlemen.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Maaan. I love this new style. At a glance, looks very cartoony. But when you look at it, you can see there's lots of little details. Gorgeous.
Yeah, it looks really great. Good compromise. Allows cartoony characters like Villager to not look terrible while still providing gorgeous detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom