• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I made a proposition to beat Fire Emblem: Awakening and Super Metroid before even touching Pikmin 3.

I'm watching the first few missions right now. So far so good.
I'm stuck on Maridia in Super Metroid. (it's a water level, why am I not surprised?) Have been for a while now.

To keep things on topic, what would you guys like if Pikmin were to get an Assist Trophy?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I'm stuck on Maridia in Super Metroid. (it's a water level, why am I not surprised?) Have been for a while now.

To keep things on topic, what would you guys like if Pikmin were to get an Assist Trophy?
One of those flying bugs that grabs your Pikmin and then throws them into the ground would be a great assist trophy.
When it throws someone into the ground in Smash, they're half buried too, like the same effect from a pitfall seed or DK's side special.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy

If they did something totally different than what Olimar can do with them. Maybe they could all target a single fighter and carry them to the edge and attempt to throw them off. Man.. I loved that game when I was a kid. I feel so old now.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
I can't wait to play it.

Pikmin was a great part of my childhood, it's my favorite series along with Zelda.

Fingers crossed for Rock and other new Pikmin types appearing Smash 4 in some way.
inb4 comments about feeling old

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Pikmin doesn't seem like a series where the character choices for Assist Trophies would be sensitive to become playable characters. I am a Pikmin virgin, so I really can't speak for it. The series does look like it has a slew of unqiue enemies though.

So, does anyone think that Nintendo might be an interested bidder in acquiring Atlus?

KingofPhantom47 said:

I believe I'm in Norfair right now. I might have crossed into Maridia at one point or another. :/

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If we get a Pikmin Assist Trophy, it better be a Snagret or something. Those things, especially Pileated Snagrets, would be great to see.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
OOOOOOH. FORGET ALL THEM ASSIST TROPHY IDEAS.

Give me Puffstool. It could randomize the controls of anyone caught in the spores, or make the caught characters fight for you for a while.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think it's pretty stupid. What is it with pervs and fat women?

I mean, I'm disgusted by pervs and their obsession with "special" body parts, but when it comes to them and fat women I'm just confused.
I'm disgusted by such narrow-mindedness, but I defend your right to think in such a way with my dying breath.

On a serious note, that isn't true.

I just dislike R34 and perverted art.
I still find you adorable.

Alright Fastblade, I think the Fire Emblem stuff needs to be put on hold.
Needs more X-Transceiver things.

why are you guys talking about fingers
Why are you banned?

I play Smash with the Wii Controller and Nunchuck...
Join the club. I actually swing mine above my head as part of my victory dance. One too many televisions have suffered.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, who would've suspected posting a gif of two girls making out with a lizard randomly after being told to stay on topic would get you in trouble? :rolleyes:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Guys, I have to come clean. I give up.

nessokman is right. Vaztor is right. Mr. Lange is right. Those countless "idiots" I dismissed unfairly in the past were all right, and I bear every ounce of humility at this admission with a stiff upper lip.

Fact of the matter is, Ridley is too big. I don't know why I never saw it to begin with, but I came to a horrid realization not long ago.

Playable Ridley activists have taken the issue far beyond playable Ridley. They want to bring the issue into my life.

A storm is gathering, the clouds are dark, the wind is strong, and I am afraid.

But it's not too late to set things straight. Enlighten yourselves with this latest advertisement from the National Organization of Smash Bros. Canon to understand exactly why it is that playable Ridley cannot be allowed to devalue the sanctity of Smash canon.

I hope you'll join me in taking back our Smash Bros. Spread this video everywhere possible so that the playable Ridley issue will vanish back into the storm clouds from whence it came.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

nessokman is right. Vaztor is right. Mr. Lange is right. Those countless "idiots" I dismissed unfairly in the past were all right, and I bear every ounce of humility at this admission with a stiff upper lip.

Fact of the matter is, Ridley is too big. I don't know why I never saw it to begin with, but I came to a horrid realization not long ago.

Playable Ridley activists have taken the issue far beyond playable Ridley. They want to bring the issue into my life.

But it's not too late to set things straight. Enlighten yourselves with this latest advertisement from the National Organization of Smash Bros. Canon to understand exactly why it is that playable Ridley cannot be allowed to devalue the sanctity of Smash canon.

I hope you'll join me in taking back our Smash Bros. Spread this video everywhere possible so that the playable Ridley issue will vanish back into the storm clouds from whence it came.

I honestly don't care if Ridley gets in or not.

I'm not taking part in this in any way shape or form.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai's creative juices are really cranking this game. Projectile smashes and aerials. Insane characters like the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. Megaman also was a somewhat polarizing choice before he was shown off. Now people love him.

I think any character that gets in, even ones that make me cringe (like Chrom and Little Mac) will probably have a distinct flavor and way to play.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

I honestly don't mind as long as Metroid just gets another rep,

I personally would like Dark Samus, but with a completely original moveset.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207

Since when has canon meant **** in Smash Bros, be it Zelda canon or Smash Canon?
A giant blue god who can turn everyone into trophies is killed by a couple of holes in his wings.
The guy who killed him? A hedgehog who can get his ass handed to him by Jigglypuff and Ganondorf, two of the worst characters in the game. And Sonic isn't even that great of a character!
And in Metroid Canon, Samus would ROFLWTFLOLSTOMP every poor soul in this damn game, save a few others like Ganon, Bowser, Sonic, and maybe Ness and Pit.

Or, your not being serious and I fell for it... Please be the latter.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Since when has canon meant **** in Smash Bros, be it Zelda canon or Smash Canon?
A giant blue god who can turn everyone into trophies is killed by a couple of holes in his wings.
The guy who killed him? A hedgehog who can get his *** handed to him by Jigglypuff and Ganondorf, two of the worst characters in the game. And Sonic isn't even that great of a character!
And in Metroid Canon, Samus would ROFLWTFLOLSTOMP every poor soul in this damn game, save a few others like Ganon, Bowser, Sonic, and maybe Ness and Pit.

Or, your not being serious and I fell for it... Please be the latter.
The only thing of the whole argument against Ridley being playable that I find convincing is Sakurai saying that Ridley would be almost impossible to make playable.

Of course, that might mean nothing and he could still end up making Ridley playable. I really don't see why making Ridley playable is hard at all, especially after the Wii Fit Trainer.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I remember back in the pre-Brawl days there was a brilliant post that went through every character and calculated how strong every character would be if they followed their strength in their respective canons and, as someone else mentioned, Samus, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo absolutely demolished everyone else so there really isn't too much of a point in using it in an argument because Smash Bros takes quite a large number of artistic liberties when developing the characters.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
I haven't been on this forum for like a week and I've come back hoping something was being discussed, but I see with the lack of fresh information we're losing track of the point of this website, with the subject turning to South Africa or like last time the Bible or the Zimmerman case. All that stuffs important but like...lol I'll be back when Sakurai puts something interesting up again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom