• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Still, I can't wait to see you all proven wrong, when we get another animal confirmed...

...the wild mouse Pokémon, itself...

Seriously, even after it was playable in Melee, that would be the biggest "WTF?" character possible. Few would see it coming, which is a big reason why Pichu in Smash WiiU and 3DS would be BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!
Pichu is adorable in that pic. Not gonna lie, if I was in charge of Smash 4's development, I'd add Pichu back in just because of how adorable it is in that picture.

I still personally want Plusle and Minun as double character.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
OOOH, you know what? That's probably a transitional stage. I bet what we're looking at is before the Reset Bomb goes off, and it gets all... planty.

Huh. Nice way to show off the dark forces and the forces of nature in one stage.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
OOOH, you know what? That's probably a transitional stage. I bet what we're looking at is before the Reset Bomb goes off, and it gets all... planty.

Huh. Nice way to show off the dark forces and the forces of nature in one stage.
That is brilliant idea, and if its not in the game I will weep... For a couple of fake seconds.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Pichu is adorable in that pic. Not gonna lie, if I was in charge of Smash 4's development, I'd add Pichu back in just because of how adorable it is in that picture.

Yeah, I think we need more characters like the ICs.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Man if it wasn't so late I'd start speculating music for this new stage, I have my copy of the Uprising soundtrack all ready too.

Can't wait to see the stage turn pink once the bomb drops.

That stage looks awesome. I don't even know where it's from.
Kid Icarus: Uprising

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Sounds like the Reset Bomb Forest is going to be a stage.
I'm both excited that the Reset Bomb forest is a potential stage, (Favorite Chapter because Viridi), but also sad that this basically means Viridi most likely doesn't have a shot at being playable. :(

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
3DS version is getting all the cool stages

Maybe I don't even have to buy a Wii U!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I own a Wii U, first thing I tried was Pikmin Adventure on Nintendo Land.

I keep playing it and the Metroid one, they're fun as heck.

Anyway, I think both versions will be equal except for the stages. (that will be the only major difference we know of so far)

I'll probably get the Wii U version first. I'm more used to fighting games on consoles.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Who are you, and how are we best friends=???

You would love my theories on both characters. Make Pichu even lighter, but have more combos and knockback to where it a super gamble character. Make Plusle and Minun work as a tag team (you can switch between them), and their moves work differently (they both have all the same attacks, but for example, a up smash from Plusle would do a lot of knockback and serve as a kill move, whereas with Minun it would do a lot of stun to setup combos, or would do a lot more damage to rack up damage).

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
3DS version is getting all the cool stages

Maybe I don't even have to buy a Wii U!
Well, Wii U has Skyloft, and.. And.. The Boxing Ring! And... Uh... Battlefield without platforms!

...Man, Wii U stages suck compared to 3Ds stages.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Who are you, and how are we best friends=???

You would love my theories on both characters. Make Pichu even lighter, but have more combos and knockback to where it a super gamble character. Make Plusle and Minun work as a tag team (you can switch between them), and their moves work differently (they both have all the same attacks, but for example, a up smash from Plusle would do a lot of knockback and serve as a kill move, whereas with Minun it would do a lot of stun to setup combos, or would do a lot more damage to rack up damage).
Sounds interesting! I'd love to hear more. (if you have any more ideas for them, that is)

Also, I think Pichu should be Luigi-fied a bit. (I think he had like, 2 moves that were different from Pikachu's)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

I can do this all day. :awesome:
*insert inappropriate joke here*
Anyway, I really like this stage. It looks really cool. I wonder if it has actual hazards.
Please no hazards, please no hazards, please no major hazards.

Also, this looks like it could be a scrolling stage, which as many of you know is one of my fortes and favorite stage designs. 3 of my 4 favorite stages are moving stages. My favorite stage is Rainbow Cruise, which moves without moving you on a platform, which so far is what this stage appears to possibly be.

I really hope this stage is yet another successor to such moving stage ideas, because I really missed the lack of a Rainbow Cruise-esk stage in Brawl. I liked the Mute City successor stage (and by that I mean Delfino Plaza), but man, if I got a stage like Rainbow Cruise as a new stage, that would just make me super duper happy! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Smash WiiU hasn't had anywhere near as many stages shown as Smash 3DS.
WiiU: 0 Mario stages; 3DS: 2 Mario stages
WiiU: 0 DK stages; 3DS: 1 DK stage (or so it appears to be a DK stage).
WiiU: 1 Zelda stage; 3DS: 2 Zelda stages.
WiiU: 0 Fire Emblem stages: 3DS: 1 Fire Emblem stage.
WiiU: 0 Nintendogs stages; 3DS: 1 Nintendogs stage.

The only thing Smash WiiU has in terms of stages is 1 more boxing ring (Punch-Out!!=???), 1 Animal Crossing stage, 1 Pikmin stage, 1 Wii Fit stage, and 1 Mega Man stage.
Sounds interesting! I'd love to hear more. (if you have any more ideas for them, that is)

Also, I think Pichu should be Luigi-fied a bit. (I think he had like, 2 moves that were different from Pikachu's)
My interesting ideas are basically character theories, and that was it. Oh, and that Plusle and Minun would have a nearly completely unique moveset, while Pichu at worst would be to Pikachu what Lucas is to Ness in Brawl (basically minimal move porting to the point where Lucas isn't even really a clone).

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Pichu and Dr. Mario were the best clones in Melee.

Pichu is a masochist and Dr. Mario is the doctor of death.

Better than great king of evil, fire sword guy and the bird who wants our hands off of his bread.

PICHU FOR SMASH 4!

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
YES! VIRIDI! And moar Hynden Walch.
Now as you may see, my avatar expresses my feeling.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
*insert inappropriate joke here*

Please no hazards, please no hazards, please no major hazards.
I see two hazards. One is the reset bomb which you probably have to hide the barriers for. (It's kinda like how the halberd where you had to get on the middle platform before it took off except a hazard). The other one would probably be the forces of nature.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Better than great king of evil, fire sword guy and the bird who wants our hands off of his bread.

PICHU FOR SMASH 4!
...What about Young Link? :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Smash WiiU's stages are being held back a lot.

My interesting ideas are basically character theories, and that was it. Oh, and that Plusle and Minun would have a nearly completely unique moveset, while Pichu at worst would be to Pikachu what Lucas is to Ness in Brawl (basically minimal move porting to the point where Lucas isn't even really a clone).
I think they kind of did the same thing for Toon Link and Link. (comparing them with Lucas and Ness respectively) but it would be neat if he had a few of his own items. (skull hammer, grappling hook, etc)

Plusle and Minun are my dream reps, I find it unlikely that they'll be added, but I'd be so happy if they made it. I'd be maining them, more than I would be any other newcomer, even Villager and the new and improved Bowser.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I see two hazards. One is the reset bomb which you probably have to hide the barriers for. (It's kinda like how the halberd where you had to get on the middle platform before it took off except a hazard). The other one would probably be the forces of nature.
Actually, I think the Reset Bomb won't do damage. In my messed up mind, you fight, then suddenly the RB soars through the backround, and then time momentarily stops as the stage flashes white slowly, then the battle resumes, and everything is plant-like, and instead of the Underworld Army in the back, it's the Forces of Nature.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, those haven't been confirmed yet...

...but if they are confirmed...

...be minimally time consuming, easy to dodge, and make them hardly do any damage...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

PICHU FOR SMASH 4!
That is incorrect, Master Peachy.

Bear and Bird who wants our hands off it's bread did not want our hands off it until Brawl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder if debris would fly at the stage, needing (I MEAN THAT LOOSELY) the 3D effect to gauge when you should dodge.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
That is incorrect, Master Peachy.

Bear and Bird who wants our hands off it's bread did not want our hands off it until Brawl.

Can you really blame him? After being hated for being a clone, he had to live on the streets, fighting for any inch of food he could find. When the poor guy got into Brawl, it was instinct to demand authority over his confections.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, those haven't been confirmed yet...

...but if they are confirmed...

...be minimally time consuming, easy to dodge, and make them hardly do any damage...
Sorry, when I say "I see", I meant: I predict.

However, yes, assuming if the Reset bomb did damage it would be fairly easy to dodge.

Actually, I think the Reset Bomb won't do damage. In my messed up mind, you fight, then suddenly the RB soars through the backround, and then time momentarily stops as the stage flashes white slowly, then the battle resumes, and everything is plant-like, and instead of the Underworld Army in the back, it's the Forces of Nature.
Thats the great thing about speculation. It can go either way. Though, I do like your idea more.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What kind of weenies are afraid of stage hazards anyway, OH THAT'S RIGHT THE BIGGEST WEENIES OF ALL: competitive players afraid of any little thing that they can blame for why they lost a match.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Can you really blame him? After being hated for being a clone, he had to live on the streets, fighting for any inch of food he could find. When the poor guy got into Brawl, it was instinct to demand authority over his confections.
I can only imagine the state poor Pichu is in right now. Not to mention all the other Melee only characters.

Err... except Mewtwo. We already know what happened to him.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
What kind of weenies are afraid of stage hazards anyway, OH THAT'S RIGHT THE BIGGEST WEENIES OF ALL: competitive players afraid of any little thing that they can blame for why they lost a match.
It was that Arwing that killed me, coach. Not you.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I honestly don't hate hazards, in fact, I love most hazards. I feel that they add some life to the stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom