• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What kind of weenies are afraid of stage hazards anyway, OH THAT'S RIGHT THE BIGGEST WEENIES OF ALL: competitive players afraid of any little thing that they can blame for why they lost a match.
I'm not scared of stage hazards.

I'M SCARED OF ITEMS SET TO HIGH.

Those with Stagehazardphobia only eat at Weenie Hut Jr's.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If people know the stage at the back of they're hand then they should have no problem avoiding stage hazards.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
That's the fun of it/wouldn't you like to know? I can confirm it's an eye.
Isn't your avatar the eye of one Viridi's commanders? That electricity one? The one who defeated Thanatos... Yeah, that one.
Edit: Phosphora is her name, right?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Spear Pillar would like to have a word with you.
"Oh, what's that? Your'e on your last stock and are getting ready to 2-stock the opponent? Nah man, I'll jus flip the controls while you recover so you fall to your death. We cool, bro?"

And Cresselia doesn't even talk, she's just like "PSYCHOCUTPSYCHOCUTPSYCHOCUT"

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
"Oh, what's that? Your'e on your last stock and are getting ready to 2-stock the opponent? Nah man, I'll jus flip the controls while you recover so you fall to your death. We cool, bro?"

And Cresselia doesn't even talk, she's just like "PSYCHOCUTPSYCHOCUTPSYCHOCUT"
But that's the best part :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
WarioWare is just as bad. -_-
In term of randomness, yes.

But at least you have a good amount of time to avoid any oncoming hazards, as well as a warning.

WarioWare: DO THIS! (gives you a few seconds to react)

Spear Pillar: (nothing happening except the fight, when suddenly-) IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZ-oh wait, I'm done.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Isn't your avatar the eye of one Viridi's commanders? That electricity one? The one who defeated Thanatos... Yeah, that one.
Edit: Phosphora is her name, right?

Correct on all accounts. The pic I cropped from is actually SFW, just sexual implications and whatnot. Still spoiler tags for you under PG-13 youngin's.

[collapse=Impending Admiral Pit bait]
[/collapse]

I'm honestly thinking that there won't be any stage hazards on this one. Probably because it reminds me of Castle Siege (1st part) and the SSE.
Still would be cool to see the different stages of the war go on in the background. 'Specially the literal bomb going off. All those people dying.

I can only imagine the state poor Pichu is in right now. Not to mention all the other Melee only characters.
WhatAboutPichu.png

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In term of randomness, yes.

But at least you have a good amount of time to avoid any oncoming hazards, as well as a warning.

WarioWare: DO THIS! (gives you a few seconds to react)

Spear Pillar: (nothing happening except the fight, when suddenly-) IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZ-oh wait, I'm done.
Spear Pillar doesn't make you invincible. Which is why I'll take it any day of the week. Far easier to fight on.

Both were outright horrendous courses regardless.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Spear Pillar doesn't make you invincible. Which is why I'll take it any day of the week. Far easier to fight on.

Both were outright horrendous courses regardless.
You do have a point there. But I personally would rather take that over a random, deadly laser. I find invicible players easier to avoid on that stage than the laser on Spear Pillar. (at least in the lower section, that is)

I kind of disliked the random rewards on WarioWare too. You'll either turn invincible, turn giant, or get healed a bit.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Who is that girl anyway? (I'm not familar with Kid Icarus, no idea if she's from it or not)
The girl is Phosphora, a member of Viridi's Forces of Nature. She is from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I actually wasn't expecting Reset Bomb Forest to be a stage. I'm a little bit disappointed that they didn't choose another stage, but there's no use complaining and I'm already warming up to the choice. I bet that the Wii U version will have a different Kid Icarus stage, possibly from Uprising too.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The girl is Phosphora, a member of Viridi's Forces of Nature. She is from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I actually wasn't expecting Reset Bomb Forest to be a stage. I'm a little bit disappointed that they didn't choose another stage, but there's no use complaining and I'm already warming up to the choice. I bet that the Wii U version will have a different Kid Icarus stage, possibly from Uprising too.
You were Ninja'd.

I'm looking forward to getting Uprising, but I have no idea when.

Looking more forward to Pikmin 3.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Possibly my most favorite Sakurai Miiverse post now. The stage looks down right BADASS! Definitely a major improvement to Brawl's Skyworld.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Hey peeps, I just got a new avatar.

Who can tell me where it's from and who the character is?
Judging by the abnormally large head and small body, and the fact that its a wolf, I assume its something from Animal Crossing... But thats all I got.

First post in page 999. This can mean only one thing...
I won't get first post on page 1000.

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
I hope Mario gets some attention man. Sakuraii has treated Nintendo's mascot like **** in Brawl, and Melee. Being a middle tier in Melee (his ****ing clone Dr. Mario was higher on the list!) and being really low tier in Brawl.

Alzi

Smash Master
Played Megaman 1-6 as celebration for megaman being in smash bros wii u and 3ds and all I can say is that there is a huge variety of good music sakurai can choose from relating to the series.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I hope Mario gets some attention man. Sakuraii has treated Nintendo's mascot like **** in Brawl, and Melee. Being a middle tier in Melee (his ****ing clone Dr. Mario was higher on the list!) and being really low tier in Brawl.
Because Sakurai totally decides each characters' spot of a fan-made tier list... :rolleyes:

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
Mario being middle tier was completely fine, as long as they bring back the tornado instead of flood.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Awesome Flash Thompson Venom avatar SoldierSunday.

That new stage looks awesome as hell. Makes me definitely want a DLC bundle for Wii U to get the 3DS stages.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The Wii U version will get a level from the NES one.
If that's the case, then it should either be a side-scrolling stage set in the Palace of the Sky, (the final stage) or the Underworld Tower.

The Underworld Tower would act much like in the first KI and KI: of Myths and Monsters.

It'd be a vertical stage with many platforms in the air.
You can't KO your opponents from the side, as they'll just warp around to the opposite side of the stage boundaries.
Falling into the black pool of water at the bottom will cause an instant KO.
Sometimes the reaper will appear and send reinforcements if he spots a fighter.

It'd look something like these:
1 2 3

---

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Sounds like the Reset Bomb Forest is going to be a stage.

Ah, yes, Chapter 11 from Kid Icarus Uprising titled "Viridi, Goddess of Nature", starts you off in that setting for a bit as the humans fight each other for the Wish Seed that unknowingly to them is a hoax (thank Hades for that). Then you have that Reset Bomb that Viridi delivered coming in to create such an explosion (or as some also call it, a genocide). After the explosion, you see a big godly-sized hologram (or projection, w/e you wanna call it) of Viridi in the background for a few seconds. Then you work your way to get a closer look into what is now the Reset Bomb Forest that you'll eventually be going into (see land battle for the chapter). Once inside, you look around to find out that it's to be one huge maze filled with pinkish vines, damaging spikes and more. With that, this stage may be a Castle Siege replica in its stage-changing aspect.

Truth be told, Sakurai really does have a liking for Viridi, and I knew that since KI:U (I remember him saying something about offering more hearts to Viridi than Palutena and such), but I didn't see this stage coming. Just shows how amazing Sakurai can be when it comes to surprises.
And that's pretty much the synopsis of today's amazing picture. <3

*now imagines Viridi's chances to be playable increased* It's possible, right?

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Ah, yes, Chapter 11 from Kid Icarus Uprising titled "Viridi, Goddess of Nature", starts you off in that setting for a bit as the humans fight each other for the Wish Seed that unknowingly to them is a hoax (thank Hades for that). Then you have that Reset Bomb that Viridi delivered coming in to create such an explosion (or as some also call it, a genocide). After the explosion, you see a big godly-sized hologram (or projection, w/e you wanna call it) of Viridi in the background for a few seconds. Then you work your way to get a closer look into what is now the Reset Bomb Forest that you'll eventually be going into (see land battle for the chapter). Once inside, you look around to find out that it's to be one huge maze filled with pinkish vines, damaging spikes and more. With that, this stage may be a Castle Siege replica in its stage-changing aspect.

Truth be told, Sakurai really does have a liking for Viridi, and I knew that since KI:U (I remember him saying something about offering more hearts to Viridi than Palutena and such), but I didn't see this stage coming. Just shows how amazing Sakurai can be when it comes to surprises.
And that's pretty much the synopsis of today's amazing picture. <3

*now imagines Viridi's chances to be playable increased* It's possible, right?
If anything, I'd say that Sakurai's comment confirms that Viridi will be a background character in this stage.

Viceversa96

Banned via Warnings
I was thinking the star spin from galaxy. Idk what they were thinking when giving Mario a move that does no damage and is only good for edgeguards on 2 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom