• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Banjo is the single greatest character I could ever want to see in Smash, above all others. Sadly, he has died in the clutches of M$...

I wonder how things would have turned out if Banjo had been in Smash 64...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I didn't want to be mean about it.
Eh, that's what the Ignore button is for.

B&K would probably have a great chance if Rare wasn't slaved off to Microsoft.

I think the Grant Kirkhope Guest Grumps was revealing on how he feels about that whole deal.
Right. And that's what I mean by them having zero chance. I think they'd be a great addition, regardless of my personal favorites, but damn, they'd be neat, since they were a great series.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Banjo is the single greatest character I could ever want to see in Smash, above all others. Sadly, he has died in the clutches of M$...

I wonder how things would have turned out if Banjo had been in Smash 64...
He probably also would've been in Melee and then it would've been even harder to see him leave knowing all future Smash games would be devoid of him. :(

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Darn it, I'm getting off track too. I'd like Golden Sun in it. Also, I hope that Camelot doesn't get sold to M$ or Sony either.
.. Oh my god. Could you imagine it? "Golden Sun Racing"..

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Eh, that's what the Ignore button is for.
The thread can still be locked from being derailed regardless of if I can see off-topic posts. ._.
Right. And that's what I mean by them having zero chance. I think they'd be a great addition, regardless of my personal favorites, but damn, they'd be neat, since they were a great series.
Yeah, I know what you meant.
I wish, by some legal miracle, B&K's rights are sold to Nintendo for a chance of revival. Not only to be a Smash fighter, but to continue the series. Nuts and Bolts doesn't count.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
He probably also would've been in Melee and then it would've been even harder to see him leave knowing all future Smash games would be devoid of him. :(
Nintendo might have actually tried to keep the IP just on the fact that he was in Smash. Maybe not though...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Darn it, I'm getting off track too. I'd like Golden Sun in it. Also, I hope that Camelot doesn't get sold to M$ or Sony either.
.. Oh my god. Could you imagine it? "Golden Sun Racing"..
Tbh I don't think either would offer too much for Camelot anymore... and unlike Rare they don't seem to be looking to be bought out. So chances are GS will be staying with Nintendo for a while still. ;)
And I'd play it. :awesome:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
The thread can still be locked from being derailed regardless of if I can see off-topic posts. ._.

Yeah, I know what you meant.
I wish, by some legal miracle, B&K's rights are sold to Nintendo for a chance of revival. Not only to be a Smash fighter, but to continue the series. Nuts and Bolts doesn't count.
I heard that the old Rare team is trying to reunite and make a game.. not sure if they want to try to acquire Banjo Kazooie though.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Tbh I don't think either would offer too much for Camelot anymore... and unlike Rare they don't seem to be looking to be bought out. So chances are GS will be staying with Nintendo for a while still. ;)
And I'd play it. :awesome:
I know. Wait what, Golden Sun Racing?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I heard that the old Rare team is trying to reunite and make a game.. not sure if they want to try to acquire Banjo Kazooie though.
There were multiple teams back in the day though, the one you're thinking of would be the Conker team, lead by Chris Seavor. They're making a new Wii U game called "The Legend of Rusty Pup" or something like that. Grant Kirkhope (the composer of B-K's music) has expressed interest in wanting Nintendo to buy back Banjo, however. We need to make a really big petition, or just pull some Evo Melee **** and spam Nintendo to get them to buy the rights.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now I have to question if I ever want to come back to this thread....

*shudders*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo might have actually tried to keep the IP just on the fact that he was in Smash. Maybe not though...
It's... possible, but I think if they couldn't get him for his own multi-million-unit-selling series, I doubt his appearance in a game that would likely sell roughly the same with or without him would be much of a deciding factor. :ohwell:
But I wish... anything that would've kept Banjo with us... :cry:

Unfortunately, there's pretty much no way a group of ex-employees working on an independent passion project would have enough money to buy any kind of IP from M$... or from any company really.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
There were multiple teams back in the day though, the one you're thinking of would be the Conker team, lead by Chris Seavor. They're making a new Wii U game called "The Legend of Rusty Pup" or something like that. Grant Kirkhope (the composer of B-K's music) has expressed interest in wanting Nintendo to buy back Banjo, however. We need to make a really big petition, or just pull some Evo Melee **** and spam Nintendo to get them to buy the rights.
Yeah, I think that one. I honestly have never played Banjo. Should I?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Now I have to question if I ever want to come back to this thread....

*shudders*
Just pretend you didn't see it.

It's unfortunate how many people think B&K isn't hardcore enough to care that much about it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's... possible, but I think if they couldn't get him for his own multi-million-unit-selling series, I doubt his appearance in a game that would likely sell roughly the same with or without him would be much of a deciding factor. :ohwell:
But I wish... anything that would've kept Banjo with us... :cry:
It was just a thought, I feel the same way about it.

Unfortunately, there's pretty much no way a group of ex-employees working on an independent passion project would have enough money to buy any kind of IP from M$... or from any company really.
Unless they pull of a kickstarter of epic proportions, I'm sure there is a large number of fans who would throw at least some money to get the duo back.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know. Wait what, Golden Sun Racing?
Ofc, racing around Weyard? Hitting people with Psynergy attacks? The GS setting in HD? What's not to love? :awesome:

Unless they pull of a kickstarter of epic proportions, I'm sure there is a large number of fans who would throw at least some money to get the duo back.
I shudder to think how much Microsoft would charge for that IP...

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Ofc, racing around Weyard? Hitting people with Psynergy attacks? The GS setting in HD? What's not to love? :awesome:
The fact that there's no cars yet in the world of Weyard. Maybe there could be boat racing. Idk how they would do it.. But you know what I REALLY want in the next GS game? A Colosso type multiplayer with randomly generated stages. That would be so epic.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yeah, I think that one. I honestly have never played Banjo. Should I?
Really, I can't tell you that.

The first two games were masterpieces, Rare did an amazing job putting together good games. Great story? Not so much, it was thrown together for the sake of it (slightly better in Tooie), but it still gave you decent enough incentive to play through it. Gameplay? Absolutely genius, for the genre it is, I've yet to play a game that comes close to them. Music? Orgasmic, but music has always been a rather objective topic...

If you love free-roaming, 3D platforming, action-adventurie, collectathon goodness, with great humour, lovable characters, lots of challenges, loads of cool moves to use, plenty of amazing environments to explore, a plethora of innuendo that flew right over the radar, and just lots of fun in general, yeah, play them.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Really, I can't tell you that.

The first two games were masterpieces, Rare did an amazing job putting together good games. Great story? Not so much, it was thrown together for the sake of it (slightly better in Tooie), but it still gave you decent enough incentive to play through it. Gameplay? Absolutely genius, for the genre it is, I've yet to play a game that comes close to them. Music? Orgasmic, but music has always been a rather objective topic...

If you love free-roaming, 3D platforming, action-adventurie, collectathon goodness, with great humour, lovable characters, lots of challenges, loads of cool moves to use, plenty of amazing environments to explore, a plethora of innuendo that flew right over the radar, and just lots of fun in general, yeah, play them.
Alright. I will check it out next chance I get.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Yeah, but considering the fact people want it, and the fact Microsoft is Microsoft, they'll probably overprice it for the sake of getting more money.
I don't think Microsoft really knows that. If they knew that people wanted it, they'd be milking it for all it's worth.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think Microsoft really knows that. If they knew that people wanted it, they'd be milking it for all it's worth.
I wouldn't put it past them.

Or maybe they put out NaB purely to get the public to not like it?
**** move, Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom