• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh, no, no. I would not like if the sword and sorcery feel went or suddenly Link's Master Sword was more of a lightsaber.

I'm talking art style wise for it to be slightly steampunk style future meets Zelda type feel to it.

I'm aware that's a huge risk for the series though.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Still hoping for a futuristic Zelda. Surely if we can be in Hyrule's past, and present, we can go into it's future too.

But I know this is nothing but a mere pipe dream.
Well, that's not a crazy idea AT ALL. If you remember, TLoZ: A Link to the Past, you were able to travel to past and present, but not future. As it seems, in early developement of the game they had the idea of traveling among Past, present and future. These are the sketches, that show a futuristic design of the princess.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Oh, no, no. I would not like if the sword and sorcery feel went or suddenly Link's Master Sword was more of a lightsaber.

I'm talking art style wise for it to be slightly steampunk style future meets Zelda type feel to it.

I'm aware that's a huge risk for the series though.
Valley of the Flood...

Masterpieces were stupid because they were timed.
If they were handled like actual demos, AKA just have it cut off at a certain point on a level, it would've been better.
Instead of making it feel like you're speedrunning a game you probably haven't played before.
Yeah, I guess that would be better. Then stuff from later on in the demos could be cut off and there'd be more disk space.

Well, that's not a crazy idea AT ALL. If you remember, TLoZ: A Link to the Past, you were able to travel to past and present, but not future. As it seems, in early developement of the game they had the idea of traveling among Past, present and future. These are the sketches, that show a futuristic design of the princess.

Slu-tty bikini Zelda, or Samus-like Zelda?
I'm glad they didn't go with those designs.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Steampunk Zelda? That would be cool, aesthetically-speaking. Could you imagine if Hyrule started incorporating elements of Victorian England, though? Ganondorf would be a monocle-wearing, cobb pipe smoking noble prone to slapping the **** outta plebeian Link with his gloves. Zelda would be a snide, proper, and yet adventurous Princess of the land (what is steampunk without badass heroines?). Hyrule would be choked under the fog of industry, cast dark and grimy and filthy in areas where the lowborn preside (Karakiro, anyone?) and absolutely utopian-looking around the estates of the rich and highborn (prolly any villas around Hyrule Castle).

...Ganondorf smacking the piss outta Link with gloves amuses me greatly, though.

Smooth Criminal

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why the **** did I imagine Ganondorf as the Pringles mascot in your scenario?

And now I just have Mahvel on the brain.

''OH HE SO PRINGLES"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Steampunk Zelda? That would be cool, aesthetically-speaking. Could you imagine if Hyrule started incorporating elements of Victorian England, though? Ganondorf would be a monocle-wearing, cobb pipe smoking noble prone to slapping the **** outta plebeian Link with his gloves. Zelda would be a snide, proper, and yet adventurous Princess of the land (what is steampunk without badass heroines?). Hyrule would be choked under the fog of industry, cast dark and grimy and filthy in areas where the lowborn preside (Karakiro, anyone?) and absolutely utopian-looking around the estates of the rich and highborn (prolly any villas around Hyrule Castle).

...Ganondorf smacking the piss outta Link with gloves amuses me greatly, though.

Smooth Criminal
I read an article that steam punk zelda isn't going to happen.

It was apparently asked about in an interview with the creators

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So... Anybody here know a web programmer/is a web programmer and wants to make some cash?

I got a payed project I need done in a fast amount of time (3 months) and I'd rather hire a smasher then a random elance user. It's about SSB btw. Any takers? I had a guy but he just can't do it all alone.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Still hoping for a futuristic Zelda. Surely if we can be in Hyrule's past, and present, we can go into it's future too.

But I know this is nothing but a mere pipe dream.
That would be like Final Fantasy.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
...Does anyone want Masterpieces to return in SSB4?
What do you guys think of the ones in Brawl?

I thought they were awesome, but including the entire games on the disk took up some space.

---
Only if they don't last a ridiculously short amount of time, or are limited in a different way other than time. (like when you beat a certain level or reach a certain point)

Smooth Criminal
Sounds like something out of a flash animation. I can't imagine this happening in real Zelda game though, but it would make my day if it did. (it would make my day every time it happenend even)

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking they should make a zelda game where there are 2 heroes who have the triforce of courage. Maybe make like twin links or link and like a young courageous royal guardsmen.

The twins would probably be best fitting in the toon link style.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
You guys know Project M right?

Has anyone considered making Project 64 where the point is for the game to feel more like 64 with more characters and such?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I was thinking they should make a zelda game where there are 2 heroes who have the triforce of courage. Maybe make like twin links.
That would also give a good opportunity for multi-player in Zelda. (hopefully it would run smooth and play well in 3D, I'd like to see a multi-player Zelda other than the 2D Four Sword games and Link's Crossbow Training)

It would be very interesting if the plot involved twins rather than one Link.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
I'm not much of a Zelda fan.

But if they somehow got Platinum Games to develop it (AKA, what Konami did for the making of Metal Gear Rising), I'd give it a try.
Platinum proved that they're good at making good hack'n'slashers, so implementing a gameplay style that's similar to that of MGR would get me into it.

And before anyone jumps the gun, no, I'm not saying change everything. Just make swordplay feel faster and a bit more flexible.

Smooth Criminal

But yeah, when I was a kid, I was an F-Zero freak, I played it when they had it in the hotels in Harris and in Vegas, I played it all day when I had it on my Super Nintendo, I freaked out when I found F-Zero X in Japanese for the N64 and played it months before anyone. Oddly enough, I always picked the blue Falcon. When I Captain Falcon in smash 64, I flipped my ****, I literally jumped and touched the ceiling. He has always been an all time favorite. Still an avid F-Zero fan to this day.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Captain Falcon is shown in the SNES Comic(from the actual original game itself) fighting and using a Blaster. He definitely fought before Smash, but did nothing notable that got added in(besides him being clearly strong and a bounty hunter).

Fox/Falco both had on-foot parts in Star Fox 64, and later on Assault.(albeit, Assault was after Melee, but it's still not that weird)

Either way, they aren't that good of examples as they knew how to fought outside of their vehicles. Wolf is another story. I can't remember if he had on-foot segments in Assault.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was actually excited for Masterpieces when it was first announced because I thought it was, you know, the full games like they made it look like but they turned out to be demos making it one of the biggest disappointments in the game. I've brought up this idea before in the past but I would absolutely love if they made a Super Smash Bros collection pre-order gift where it's like 20 classic games stuffed on one disc to represent most of the playable characters in Smash. The Zelda and Kirby Collections were brilliant and I'm honestly surprised Nintendo hasn't done things like this more often.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
This chat is TOO silent, time to say something controversial and argue about it for no reason to entertain me.

Marios Bros. is a 100% legitimate competitive stage and should be a counterpick in Brawl.

Discuss.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
This chat is TOO silent, time to say something controversial and argue about it for no reason to entertain me.

Marios Bros. is a 100% legitimate competitive stage and should be a counterpick in Brawl.

Discuss.
How ****ing dare you say that

I agree

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Discuss.
This stage is better.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Discuss.
Actually, if you really want to stir the pot all you have to do is say "*insert popular character here* should be cut or replaced with *insert other character here*" to basically reduce any thread to the equivalent of monkeys throwing poo at each other.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Hanenbow should have never been a stage at all.
No them's REAL fighting words...

But since I did want a debate, why?

(yes I realize you might just be joking)

Actually, if you really want to stir the pot all you have to do is say "*insert popular character here* should be cut or replaced with *insert other character here*" to basically reduce any thread to the equivalent of monkeys throwing poo at each other.

I do KINDA want the discussion to have a true point so I can enjoy a debate.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If they had to bring back one of the deadlier stages from Brawl, what would you choose among these?

Flat Zone 2

Port Town Aero Dive

Mario Bros.

Norfair

75m

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Or in rare cases, the partial equivalent of Black Friday.

(we all know Black Friday has caused violent fighting)

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
Final Destination is ****ing boring.
Flat, no platforms, no obstacles or anything.

And from a "competitive" aspect, it's a horrible stage.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

I think we just started a conversation. I'm going to maybe not go as far as you, but suggest it should have been a counterpick stage.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they had to bring back one of the deadlier stages from Brawl, what would you choose among these?

Flat Zone 2

Port Town Aero Dive

Mario Bros.

Norfair

75m
All of 'em. They're really fun and great stages.

Probably Port Town Aero Drive or Mario Bros. depending if they can make a good new stage for R.O.B. or not.

Mario Bros. is not a competitive stage, and unless you can make enemies not appear(via codes), it never will be. It's way too chaotic. Only the Pow Block isn't an issue.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
I think we just started a conversation. I'm going to maybe not go as far as you, but suggest it should have been a counterpick stage.
Not going as far as to say "make it illegal".
But to make it an instant go-to stage is really lame imo.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Probably Port Town Aero Drive or Mario Bros. depending if they can make a good new stage for R.O.B. or not.

Mario Bros. is not a competitive stage, and unless you can make enemies not appear(via codes), it never will be. It's way too chaotic. Only the Pow Block isn't an issue.
Mario Bros. + Falco or Pit = auto win.

If you're facing a smart Falco or Pit on that stage and you can't reflect like they can, it's pretty much safe to say you're gonna lose.

As a Melee player, I completely agree. It's ****ing boring. At least play on Dream Land, Battlefield and Pokemon Stadium, they at least give your character some mobility options to exercise the game's unique engine.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Mario Bros. + Falco or Pit = auto win.

If you're facing a smart Falco or Pit on that stage and you can't reflect like they can, it's pretty much safe to say you're gonna lose.

What would you say if someone could prove you wrong, and Finland tested the stage, proved it is 100% legit, but knew no one would play on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom