• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Piggy packing on Denma's topic. How skilled do you are going to be in the new Smash bros? With all these new characters at hand? How long will you guys practice offline with the characters until you play competitively with other people, in tournaments, or on the internet?

Oh as soon as I unlock everyone and find who I kinda have a feel for I'll be online, who cares if I get crushed a bit, it's all in good fun at first.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Piggy packing on Denma's topic. How skilled do you are going to be in the new Smash bros? With all these new characters at hand? How long will you guys practice offline with the characters until you play competitively with other people, in tournaments, or on the internet?
Honestly, I'm gonna spend the first couple of days enjoying the game only. After that I'll try to master one character (possibly a secondary), visiting smashboards to discuss advanced techniques and what not. I'm willing to spend hours upon hours to get better at the game and enjoy it at the same time. I'd personally play in tournaments as soon as I think I'm good, but I will start playing online immediately to practice.

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
Smash Bros. isn't fun, it's serious ****. hurr hurr advanced techniques wavedashing and spacing and l-cancelling YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW #OG

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
Lame this conversation out like its X Tekken.

How would you guys feel if Sakurai announced the Wii U smash was closer to melle while 3DS version stayed with the brawl formula?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Lame this conversation out like its X Tekken.

How would you guys feel if Sakurai announced the Wii U smash was closer to melle while 3DS version stayed with the brawl formula?

I'd stab him to death. They need to be the same. Seriously. Or then worst drama war ever would ensue.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Probably a little while, just to get used to them. Shortly thereafter, I'll try going for advanced tatics and combos. (I plan on maining Bowser and Villager, if any characters I'm looking forward too show up, I'll be maining them as well) and coming here to share anything I learn.

It'll probably be a while before I go for a tournament, but I'll be going online once I get decent with them.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The most I'm gonna be competitive is with friends at college and my roommate lol...that is if it comes out before May '14.

Gonna say casual for the main part.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
There's a Rule 34 for everything. Even Captain Crunch. I'm not joking.
My reaction:

Gonna try my darndest to be as competitive as possible, since the game's meta game will be brand new, and I won't be left in the dust (lol u don't know how to wave dash gg)
For the most part, though, just casual. Especially once Melee-like advanced techniques are discovered.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The most I'm gonna be competitive is with friends at college and my roommate lol...that is if it comes out before May '14.

Gonna say casual for the main part.

This. I enjoy Smash for being different from other video games and being a bit more casual than the usual. If I wanted an intense one on one battle with no items, etc. I'd play Street Fighter/Tekken/Soul Calibur/etc.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I kinda wish you guys would just stop acknowledging its existence, personally.
I'm involved on both sides, and just facepalm whenever I see both sides' perception of things.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I kinda wish you guys would just stop acknowledging its existence, personally.
I'm involved on both sides, and just facepalm whenever I see both sides' perception of things.
You mean R34?

On the internet, it's kind of hard to ignore the existance of such a thing.

I WISH it didn't exist, but it does. I'll just have to put up with it, and avoid it when need be.

Now, let's keep off that topic.

Reznor

work in progress
do you guys think the Wii U pad thing will be a part of Smash4
I don't it seems like the Wii U smash 4 will be the exact same as the 3DS one but with better graphics and different stages

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
do you guys think the Wii U pad thing will be a part of Smash4
I don't it seems like the Wii U smash 4 will be the exact same as the 3DS one but with better graphics and different stages
I think Sakurai said something about not planning on using much of the Gamepad's features for this game, but I could be wrong.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You mean R34?

On the internet, it's kind of hard to ignore the existance of such a thing.

I WISH it didn't exist, but it does. I'll just have to put up with it, and avoid it when need be.

Now, let's keep off that topic.

Right Over Your Head.png

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well, earlier Demna asked how we would play Smash 4, casually or competitivly, or both.

(if that was a serious question)
It was a serious question. I'm interested in knowing how people will approach the game initially and later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom