• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
I wish they'd bring back Brinstar Depths.
Tourneyfags would probably hate it due to the constant changes and awkward angles, but it was still a fun stage.
And bring back Mute City from F-Zero X. I wasn't that much of a fan of Port Town. Kinda wish they kept that instead of Big Blue.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I wish they'd bring back Brinstar Depths.
Tourney***s would probably hate it due to the constant changes and awkward angles, but it was still a fun stage.
And bring back Mute City from F-Zero X. I wasn't that much of a fan of Port Town. Kinda wish they kept that instead of Big Blue.

I NEED a stage with the word City in it to fufil my fantasy of promoting an idiotic internet meme. I approve.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
I NEED a stage with the word City in it to fufil my fantasy of promoting an idiotic internet meme. I approve.
What's Mute City have to do with the whole "Falcon Punch" gag?
Falcon Punch literally has nothing to do with anything in F-Zero.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
That's actually pretty well thought out.

So well thought out some Fins were inspired. I hope we have people do a full analysis for every stage before banning next smash on par with this, It'f be sweet.

I just hated that stage alot. It was the only stage in Brawl that I legitimately hated. It was almost impossible for me to fight there and there was no music.

The fighting I get, but I liked making my own music kinda there.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So I might as well post my retro stage idea for Clu Clu Land.

What I got so far:

First off, you are much smaller than in other retro stages in comparison to the size of this one.
What functions as a trampoline in the original Clu Clu Land works as a regular platform here. Over time, Bubbles (the main character from CCL) will pass by some of the posts surrounding the stage, revealing gold ingots that act as walls, preventing K.Os in some directions. Sometimes, a Unira will appear and pass over the main platform, dealing heavy damage, but very little knockback (which is fixed, so it always deals the same amount of knockback) to anyone who touches it. It can be avoided by ducking, edgehogging, or by standing on any gold ingots below the main platform.

After every gold ingot has been revealed, the backround will flash white slowly, and the ingots will turn around and the stage resets. The directions Bubbles will travel in, and when exactly she appears are both random. (she will always appear within at least 2 minutes, and the process will always finish within 3 minutes)

What do you think so far?

D

Deleted member

I realized something.
You know how there was a "Toon Sheik" in Brawl's data?

Ironically, one exists now. :laugh:
Scribblenauts Unlimited's Wii U release has a WW style Sheik.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
While I hated Metroid Other M, you know what'd be a good stage?

Something based on the segment in the game where you fight Phantoon.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
If Phantoon was attacking players like he did in Other M, that'd be awesome.

Would probably banned, but awesome.
I'd like it if it played out just like the actual battle.
Having to periodically avoid floating hands, orbs, etc. And during timed matches, have it become more chaotic as the timer runs out, eventually having the glass in the background shatter so Phantoon can swing at the stage.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I just want New Pork City gone... That's all...
And while we are on the topic of stages. Has anyone ever noticed that like 75% of the time online brawl matches happen at Temple all four players do 1 of 4 things.
1. Taunt Party
2. Teabag/Shield Dance Party (BTW IMO Shield Dancing > Teabagging)
3. Crawl Party (Which is when all character's join in and crawl towards a ledge and of course they don't fall off ledge they just keep crawling... I always thought that was a glitch)
4. Do nothing

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Needs Sector 4/Nightmare Super Gravity effect and potential exploration of the outside area of the Bottle Ship when the windows break.

I actually put quite a bit of thought into an Other M stage that isn't just generic boss locations though (the Geothermal Plant/Ridley's room was already in DoA Dimensions). The two ideas that really hit me as far as logic and memorable-experience/worthiness were Materials Transfer Lift (place where you first fight the Rhedogian boss), albeit with the twist of the elevator making stops at various sectors, and the "Giant Tree/Hive Nest" or Swamp Zone areas of the Biosphere, with the twist of having the hologram projectors that change the environment upon being attacked.

I started typing this a while ago, so pretty sure the topic has since moved elsewhere. Ah well.

D

Deleted member

So are they trying to retcon Tetra from WW-games now?

It has begun.
No no no, that's not what's going on. (Unless you're joking around)

It was just that apparently, the concept of Sheik as an alter-ego is important in media, so Warner Bros. made a WW-styled Sheik (when in reality is just the OoT design with WW body proportions) to go with the WW Zelda.

Sheik, Epona, and Beast Ganon (not pictured) are the only non-WW related character summons in the game. All were adapted into a WW-proportion style, though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So are they trying to retcon Tetra from WW-games now?

It has begun.
I realize this might not be a serious post, but I'm just gonna say that it might have meant to have a connection to Spirit Tracks Zelda.

I want a new WW styled game with Sheik in it. Or better yet, a Zelda with another Sheikah member.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
No no no, that's not what's going on. (Unless you're joking around)

It was just that apparently, the concept of Sheik as an alter-ego is important in media, so Warner Bros. made a WW-styled Sheik (when in reality is just the OoT design with WW body proportions) to go with the WW Zelda.

Sheik, Epona, and Beast Ganon (not pictured) are the only non-WW related character summons in the game. All were adapted into a WW-proportion style, though.
Epona is another character I'd like to see in a WW-styled game. Toon Link has steered boats and drove trains, but has never rode a horse.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Epona is another character I'd like to see in a WW-styled game. Toon Link has steered boats and drove trains, but has never rode a horse.
He can't handle the horse power. :awesome:

That said, I'd like to see a Nintendo-made Toon Sheik, who knows, maybe ST will get a sequel?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
He can't handle the horse power. :awesome:

That said, I'd like to see a Nintendo-made Toon Sheik, who knows, maybe ST will get a sequel?
I hope so, or any 3D WW-styled game. Wind Waker is one of my favorite Zeldas and I love it's style.

If Spirit Tracks gets a sequal with Zelda still serving as big of a role she did in that game, (without the whole ghost thing) then it should be on the Wii U or a later console instead of a handheld, that would be awesome.

Hopefully on the Wii U the songs would be easier to play too....

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I had a feeling that this thread would be locked for a while after discussing Rule 34 of Courage the Cowardly Dog :laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I was joking, yeah yeah. But I wish Tetra was more used around, seems like Sheik seems so prominent nowadays that I wouldn't be surprised she'd show in SSB in WW-form over Tetra. I'd be very pissed though.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Why did you even bring that up again? lol

(tries to forget it)
Even though we discussed it a week ago, it's still stuck in my head... :sick:

Changing topic, what's your personal approach for Smash 4? Will you play it more competitively than casual? and vice versa.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Changing topic, what's your personal approach for Smash 4? Will you play it more competitively than casual? and vice versa.
Well, I never played the prievous games competitively. I'll try and and practice some of the characters more often and more carefully, so that I can share tatics others might not discover or think of first, depending on the characters. (villager and bowser are the first ones I plan to try)

I'll mostly a casual though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Both. I like playing competitively for practice, but will probably unlock everything casually this time around.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well, I never played the prievous games competitively. I'll try and and practice some of the characters more often and more carefully, so that I can share tatics others might not discover or think of first, depending on the characters. (villager and bowser are the first ones I plan to try)

I'll mostly a casual though.
The game was more enjoyable when I was a casual player, competitive plays created stress and frustration in matches. Competitive Smash is still fun as hell, but not as it was when I played casually. Playing items on - FFA, someone dies in one hit due to an item :lol:. The main reason I'm a competitive Smash player is because the guys I play with usually prefer 1v1s and brag about their victory, which leaves me in a frustrated state. That's why I practiced for quite a long time now and ultimately bested my friends in 1v1s, and I will mostly focus on the competitive aspect of Smash 4 due to the same reason.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Well, I'll be so busy trying to foster and grow the smash scene in general with work with SSWT and trying to run a big stream for Smash 3DS (which will be my main focus) so... I dunno. I'll play for fun more then anything, probably wont have enough time to get good enough to be super competitive because I'll be helping all those who wanna be XD

D

Deleted member

I'll play the game as I have the other three; however I feel like playing at any particular moment.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Piggy packing on Denma's topic. How skilled do you are going to be in the new Smash bros? With all these new characters at hand? How long will you guys practice offline with the characters until you play competitively with other people, in tournaments, or on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom