• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not joining in on this Fire Emblem rep discussion.

Nope. All I'm saying is that I don't know how many it needs, I've never played any FEs and I'm not familiar with them.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Meanwhile F-Zero and Metroid have gone 3 games with only one rep.
You forgot Yoshi Well at least Metroid has two playable characters, yes, they are the same person and share a slot, but at least they're not clones and have unique movesets.

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
Namco Bandai helped develop Digimon titles right? Maybe we could Agumon or something i don't know.

heres a gif if you dont like my opinion

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
You forgot Yoshi Well at least Metroid has two playable characters, yes, they are the same person and share a slot, but at least they're not clones and have unique movesets.
I wouldn't consider Samus with her powersuit off a "second rep".

That's just me, though.

Morbi

Scavenger
Namco Bandai helped develop Digimon titles right? Maybe we could Agumon or something i don't know.

heres a gif if you dont like my opinion
I don't like your opinion. Pokemon> Digimon. Simple.

Yeah. I would consider ZSS a different rep. It doesn't change the fact that Metroid is still missing the ONE character that almost everyone wants.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I only need Marth.
Never played the games, but I didn't care for Roy or Ike.
Kinda like saying you only need Mario and that you've never played the games and don't care for Luigi or Peach.
I'm not joining in on this Fire Emblem rep discussion.
Nope. All I'm saying is that I don't know how many it needs, I've never played any FEs and I'm not familiar with them.
This guy's got the right idea.
wanting more than 2 generic anime looking sword guys :facepalm:
I present the solution to all your issues with Fire Emblem representation: Anna. She fills the criteria set forth by Sakurai that the character must bring something to smash, that they must be unique, that they must fit to the tone, that they etc, and she can bring a lot from the series that's never had repping from Smash, like lances.
Meanwhile F-Zero and Metroid have gone 3 games with only one rep.
A sad state of affairs indeed.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh, I fully acknowledge that I didn't like Roy and Ike based on how they played. Not on their merits as characters in their respective games.

Another FE rep could get in and for all I'd know I'd like them just on play style alone.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Oh, I fully acknowledge that I didn't like Roy and Ike based on how they played. Not on their merits as characters in their respective games.
Another FE rep could get in and for all I'd know I'd like them just on play style alone.
I thought I was gonna be clever and pre-empt your argument and strawman it to death.
But then I found out that I had no idea what your motives or agenda was.
Silly me, assuming you thought FE only deserved one rep.

Edit: I feel like I've made a terrible mistake in my life.

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
Ahh whatever.
Thanks reznor, still pretty pissed about superior spider man, but thats for another topic.
Does anyone know whos going to be handling the remixes for smash 4? Or if there going to make remixes for that matter.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I have one for Clu Clu Land (not finished with it) if you want to hear.
Bring It On!

By the way guys, someone is planning on reviving the History Behind Super Smash Bros. videos since CrappyCaptureDevice been inactive for a while. He's in the process of buying a capture device before making videos. In the meantime, he'll do some mini HBSSB photos on his Twitter account.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bring It On!

By the way guys, someone is planning on reviving the History Behind Super Smash Bros. videos since CrappyCaptureDevice been inactive for a while. He's in the process of buying a capture device before making videos. In the meantime, he'll do some mini HBSSB photos on his Twitter account.
First off. I posted the idea a few pages back already. I'll C&P it.

I'm looking forward to Histroy Behind Super Smash Bros. 4.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ahh whatever.
Thanks reznor, still pretty pissed about superior spider man, but thats for another topic.
Does anyone know whos going to be handling the remixes for smash 4? Or if there going to make remixes for that matter.
I don't really know if there are going to be remixes. I hope there aren't any though (or at least not as many).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Bring It On!
(not a double post, just to seperate it from the prievous post)

I'm not finished or exactly happy with it yet, but heres what I got so far:

First off, you are much smaller than in other retro stages in comparison to the size of this one.
What functions as a trampoline in the original Clu Clu Land works as a regular platform here. Over time, Bubbles (the main character from CCL) will pass by some of the posts surrounding the stage, revealing gold ingots that act as walls, preventing K.Os in some directions. Sometimes, a Unira will appear and pass over the main platform, dealing heavy damage, but very little knockback (which is fixed, so it always deals the same amount of knockback) to anyone who touches it. It can be avoided by ducking, edgehogging, or by standing on any gold ingots below the main platform.

After every gold ingot has been revealed, the backround will flash white slowly, and the ingots will turn around and the stage resets. The directions Bubbles will travel in, and when exactly she appears are both random. (she will always appear within at least 2 minutes, and the process will always finish within 3 minutes)

Reznor

work in progress
Bring It On!

could I get a link to the old History Behind Super Mash Bros. videos?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I am not a huge fan of remixes. I usually enjoy the original. I don't really mind a remake. Remixes just bother me, they fail to capture what was great about the original song.
Not necessarily, many remixes are far better than the original version of the song.

Morbi

Scavenger
Not necessarily, many remixes are far better than the original version of the song.
I most certainly do not agree with that sentiment. I mostly listen to Metal and Dubstep though. So I am not really sure if that holds true in another genre of music. As for Smash music? Why would I want a remix of a song I grew up listening to?

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
I am not a huge fan of remixes. I usually enjoy the original. I don't really mind a remake. Remixes just bother me, they fail to capture what was great about the original song.
I see,remixes are really hard to do when you have a song that is a masterpiece already like star light zone. I understand and respect that. tee lopes version was better though.

With smash bros being so popular how come other companies arent trying to get their characters or franchises featured in smash 4? Probably too complicated for me to understand.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I most certainly do not agree with that sentiment. I mostly listen to Metal and Dubstep though. So I am not really sure if that holds true in another genre of music. As for Smash music? Why would I want a remix of a song I grew up listening to?
Dubstep is overrated in my opinion.

I've heard plenty of remixes that are better than the original and stay true to the original song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom