• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Just realized my premium was gone.

Also just realized I have no desire to buy it back. Why is premium here so.... Boring? Like, the Disco Room is pointless by this point... Thoughts?
I buy premium membership to help keep this website afloat. Plus, I like having **** underneath of my screen name.

*shrugs.*

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

Well, she had these crazy self-centered views about herself as basically the center of the universe, and would do anything to amuse herself. When I first hinted I'd like to ask her out (2 years before she ever said yes), she went out with another guy, and broke his heart. When she finally said yes to me, she played with another guy as if he "couldn't touch her" (note: this guy later became a good friend of mine), and then I figured out (by cues about her) that she was cheating on me, so I jumped off that pony ASAP!!! And that is why I loved being single in high school right there.
Reminds me of this girl I dated after I graduated High School. She was SMOKING hot, but JESUS was she a ****. I actually never had sex with her out of fear from how many STDs she may have collected by then. She was very extroverted and always caused trouble, but I liked that, I broke the law with her a couple times, though whenever she went overboard, I'd pass. Like stealing, she liked to shoplift, but I never accompanied her on those escapades. She was a self-proclaimed clepto and nympho. Anyway, we went out for a while, and I had a lot of fun, she was actually and old ex of a very good friend of mine (he was done with her like ages ago, so he was cool with it, he just warned me to be careful as she was trouble - and boy was she, but it was still fun), we did tons of things together, and making out with her was something else. Anyway, eventually she wanted to do it, real bad, and I kept putting it off (I was still a virgin too so). Eventually she got pissed, and we broke up, I didn't mind so much, even though I did like her, but it was such a strange mix of feelings that it was more of a relief than sorrow.

Anyway, to try and make me jealous, she started to date my best buddy Thor (yes that's his name, that's why I said it, isn't that a ****ing awesome first name?) who played in my band (he was the bassist), only to have him basically do the same exact thing that I did to her. He also told her that "no sex unless we have commitment" which basically pissed her off and made her hate me cause she thought I was behind it (I thought it was ****ing funny and ironic). To make a long story short, she basically plotted this convoluted revenge plan that could have gotten me arrested, but it failed thanks to the keen of a VERY good friend. Eventually, she got over the whole ordeal and we never talked again.

But yeah, she had that same exact egocentric attitude you described. One where she felt she was the queen because she was so attractive.

The biggest thing about attraction is people are attracted to confidence and dedication, and although I have self-doubts like everyone else,, and I never stopped.
I'd say women prefer that. Most men will agree that innocence is a very attractive quality in women. That's why many guys seek virgins (though imo virgins are overrated). But yeah, being confident in what you are capable of doing is attractive to girls, it goes back to that genetics talk, girls like someone they feel the can depend on emotionally. Someone who is strong and possesses qualities the struggle with.

Yeah, I just got it through by introducing her to a lot of my friends, all of whom obviously love to see me. She also met my family, which she figured out a thing or two why I am the way I am. She also figured out I meant every word I said and followed it up with action, which is something that is best proven with time.

Time man, time is your best friend. I agree.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Got home after bringing my laptop in. Played some Classic Smash on the 64. Was very fun.
  • Mario(me) vs Luigi(him) - He won, still close. Dreamland stage.
  • Fox(me) vs Kirby(him) - Barely won, went to Super Sudden Death and I got him with a throw after he used Stone. -_- Dreamland Stage.
  • Link(me) vs Ness(him) - Won pretty well, but that was mostly because it was on Saffron City...
  • Donkey Kong(me) vs Pikachu(him) - I won 4-1 KO-wise. Being on Peach's Castle gave him a huge disadvantage, so...
  • Samus(me) vs Jigglypuff(him) - Got off more than enough attacks, and it helped that Samus had more than enough power and reach to win. Sector Z stage.
  • Yoshi(me) vs Captain Falcon(him) - Another on Peach's Castle, but he was still getting back into the game, so he might've won if not for lack of practice. Pretty close overall, though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I never played Smash 64, but I have Jigglypuff as my Smash64 main icon, I'd probably main her, I'm pretty good with her in both Melee and Brawl.

I'd just have to see how she works in that game, the physics are different after all. (as far as I know)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've never been in any kind of romantic relationship
Same here -_-. Oh well, like I said in the past, most girls I've met have never been really "challenging" for me. Those that were anything of the sort are some of my closer friends though. In fact, one of my best friends is not afraid to call me out on my ****, and I really appreciate that she does it. As for why we never dated, when we first met, she was engaged at the time. Also, if we did hook up, nothing would get done, and I just don't have that physical attraction to white girls most of the time (made me wonder if I was gay for the longest time), and I think the same was for her in regards to Hispanics.

Reznor

work in progress
I remember Smash 64 was the 2nd best kid in the neighborhood best was my older bro
I used Kirby but when I play it nowadays I play luigi

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I never played Smash 64, but I have Jigglypuff as my Smash64 main icon, I'd probably main her, I'm pretty good with her in both Melee and Brawl.

I'd just have to see how she works in that game, the physics are different after all. (as far as I know)
She's pretty good. But she still has a bad defense. And the usual shield break kills her. The lack of Rollout does make a difference, though.

I remember Smash 64 was the 2nd best kid in the neighborhood best was my older bro
I used Kirby but when I play it nowadays I play luigi
Yeah, Luigi hits a bit harder than Mario. Mario is more balanced overall, though. I'm not sure which one is higher on tier list currently. Might still be Mario.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Smash 64 was my go to game back in the day when most people were hooked on Melee and all because I couldn't afford a Gamecube. I was always a Kirby main because I loved his copy ability. Ness then grew on me later on. It wasn't until my 12th birthday in 2006 when I finally got a Gamecube with Mario Strikers and Super Smash Bros Melee alongside it.

Them days when I was stuck with my Pikachu N64. Not that that was a bad thing mind, I enjoyed the heck out of Smash Bros 64, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Snap, Bomberman Hero and a few other games I forgot. =w=

Whoops sorry, I was rambling out loud for a bit there. ^^;

As for the whole love discussion, I had one or two crushes here and there a few years ago but that never really went anywhere. Nowaday's I'm more focused on my studies and hobbies rather than the opposite sex but yeah.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Love is great. Then again, my love life is full with extreme ups and downs. So I'm not the best guy to answer any questions.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ahhh, the Gamecube. That got me into gaming, and Zelda among other things when I first got it.

Melee was what got me into Smash, my cousin got it for my birthday. I sucked at it though, but I loved playing the game regardless, and when I saw an ad for Brawl at a DVD/VG store, I HAD to get it, then and there.

I know everything and everyone have to move on someday, but I still miss my Gamecube. It started making the screen blurry in 2010, so I knew it was time to stop using it. I turned it on the other day, surprised it still worked, but I didn't play it.

I have the WIi to thank for letting me play the Gamecube's amazing games to this day.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Ahhh, the Gamecube. That got me into gaming, and Zelda among other things when I first got it.
Gamecube's one of my very favorite systems.

My first game console though was a SNES (the later model), bundled with Super Mario World, and SMW2: Yoshi's Island (my first videogames)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Falco flies solo, so do I.

Never been in a relationship, and I have no plans for one anytime soon. I've never been attracted to anyone.

Eat that forveralone.jpg!

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Falco flies solo, so do I.

Never been in a relationship, and I have no plans for one anytime soon. I've never been attracted to anyone.

Eat that forveralone.jpg!
You've never been attracted enough to someone to have a relationship right? But have you ever been attracted physically at least?

@Gargaglione
NES

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been physically attracted to someone enough but that didn't stop me from never being in a relationship

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lol right now I want to get myself right before I start up dating seriously

Still dont mean I cant put it down on occasion though :shades: hahaha

@Gargaglione- Genesis

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I've been physically attracted to someone enough but that didn't stop me from never being in a relationship
I don't know what it is with girls in my area, but they're extremely immature most of the time. I thought us guys were supposed to hold that title. Whats wrong with the world? Everything has gone topsy turvy!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's really not all that hard to get into a relationship. It just happens naturally almost. Ain't nothing much that needs to be done exactly.

Then again, enjoy your freedom while it lasts.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't know what it is with girls in my area, but they're extremely immature most of the time. I thought us guys were supposed to hold that title. Whats wrong with the world? Everything has gone topsy turvy!
(looks at your location) If you live in a time where Aperture Science exists, then I think it's safe to say things have gone way past topsy turvy already.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Gamecube's one of my very favorite systems.

My first game console though was a SNES (the later model), bundled with Super Mario World, and SMW2: Yoshi's Island (my first videogames)
My "first" console was the NES; one of my earliest memories involved a very derpy attempt at playing the original Zelda on a relative's console. The first gaming system that I personally owned (or was bestowed upon me) was the first gen Sega Genesis bundled with Sonic the Hedgehog. I played the hell outta that thing. Some of my fondest single-player play-throughs emanate from games like Ecco, Sonic (all of the originals), Mega Turrican, Toejam and Earl, Shinobi 3, and many, many more.

My two favorite consoles, though? I gotta give it up to the SNES and the PS2. Even more games, even more fond memories from said games...I can't even begin to tell you guys. Lol. I had some great experiences in-between with other consoles, but those two take it.

Smooth Criminal

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yea, I currently have a girlfriend, we've been together since late January.
It wasn't deliberate or anything, we were just friends, we grew feelings for each other, and then yea.

I'm really happy with her, things couldn't be going any better.
Only thing is that I'm about to head off to college in a couple months, and she's a year younger than me, long-distance is gonna be a bit rough, but we have no plans of leaving each other.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The first game I ever played was either Super Mario Bros. or Pac-Man, can't remember which was first.

The first consoles I ever had for myself was the Playstation, with the game Rayman. I still have that game to this day.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Relationships are fun but the thing that almost always catches you off guard when you get in your first, long term relationship is that the highs are higher and the lows are lower. I've been dating my current girlfriend for almost a year now but I have to say that my love life during my college years has been hilariously complicated and I'm hoping to one day turn it into a graphic novel entitled "Confessions of a Perverted Gentleman."

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
My "first" console was the NES; one of my earliest memories involved a very derpy attempt at playing the original Zelda on a relative's console. The first gaming system that I personally owned (or was bestowed upon me) was the first gen Sega Genesis bundled with Sonic the Hedgehog. I played the hell outta that thing. Some of my fondest single-player play-throughs emanate from games like Ecco, Sonic (all of the originals), Mega Turrican, Toejam and Earl, Shinobi 3, and many, many more.

My two favorite consoles, though? I gotta give it up to the SNES and the PS2. Even more games, even more fond memories from said games...I can't even begin to tell you guys. Lol. I had some great experiences in-between with other consoles, but those two take it.

Smooth Criminal
My only experiences with the Genesis were at my cousins' house, they always thought Nintendo was kiddy and whatnot.
I've played Genesis games through Virtual Console recently though.

As for my favorite console...
It sounds a bit odd, but I have to say the Wii.
I know it's far from the best, due to its very select library and graphical constraints, but my personal experiences with a lot of Wii games were probably the best gaming experiences I've ever had, due to many (personal) reasons.

Also, the Virtual Console service was fantastic for me.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lol yeah and the general consensus that women are less sexually minded than men are was thrown waaaaaay out the window for me back when I first started HS

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I currently have a girlfriend, we've been together since late January.
It wasn't deliberate or anything, we were just friends, we grew feelings for each other, and then yea.

I'm really happy with her, things couldn't be going any better.
Only thing is that I'm about to head off to college in a couple, and she's a year younger than me, long-distance is gonna be a bit rough, but we have no plans of leaving each other.
I've heard long distance relationships never work but if you really believe you'll both stay faithful then all I have left to say is this:

In the words of Marco from Tropoja

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think the first game I may have ever played was Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom on the Gamecube.

I can't exactly remember though, I had so many games for the Gamecube when I first got it on Christmas. I played most of them on that same day.

Among them were:

Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom.

Namco Museum Arrangement.

The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition.

And a few others I can't remember...

I didn't get more Nintendo games until later in my life, the first one was Luigi's Mansion.

Thus, I became a big Mario fan, and Luigi and King Boo are 2 of my favorite characters ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom