• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well my reason for buying USF4 just flew out the window.

Because some guys just confirmed that fifth character will be making it's debut in a fighter. So MAYOR OF THE UNIVERSE MIKE HAGGAR! wont be in it. Oh well.
****. Well Capcom just lost my $40. Their loss.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'll probably wait for the price to drop down a bit, or I'll share with a friend.

I really like all the changes and characters they're adding.... But I'm getting a bit stingy on paying more for SFIV... I don't want SSFV yet, but there are just so many games I could get with $15... and I'm not even that hardcore of a fighter anyway.

But I like what they're doing with Ultra. I just wish they had supported MvC3 further with digital upgrades such as this, instead of a full retail disc. That move single-handedly alienated me from Capcom.. But I admit I've been replaying SSFIV lately again. :O

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But I like what they're doing with Ultra. I just wish they had supported MvC3 further with digital upgrades such as this, instead of a full retail disc. That move single-handedly alienated me from Capcom.. But I admit I've been replaying SSFIV lately again. :O
Same.

It sucks because there more characters and stuff I'd like to be see added to Marvel where as Street Fighter 4 is starting to feel like it's a completed game and everything else doesn't matter.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll probably wait for the price to drop down a bit, or I'll share with a friend.

I really like all the changes and characters they're adding.... But I'm getting a bit stingy on paying more for SFIV... I don't want SSFV yet, but there are just so many games I could get with $15... and I'm not even that hardcore of a fighter anyway.

There was a truck ton of new characters added for UMvC3 and they weren't on the disc like how SFxTK's characters were. The other thing is that the lack of updates involves negotiating with Marvel and I believe their license lapsed. Not only that, but the team on that game has disbanded and is now working on other things.

Watch it be Akuma and Gouken's teacher. So....expect another shoto. :rolleyes:
They mentioned that Gouken has a daughter named Violet.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Fuerte was the only character that was fun in that game. I think the big problems with that game are the damage scaling (it's too much) and that the stages are too large. We saw how big of a problem this was with Street Fighter x Tekken all because of that stupid gem system. That was such a novel concept, but they had to make it where the good gems cost actual money.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's a sad day when I'm more interested in Xbone's KI then a SF game.....
Why settle for KI when you can look forward to something else like Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Skullgirls, Smash Bros. or Tekken x Street Fighter?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I played the original SFIV a lot, and I had the 3DS version of SFIV
I sold the 3DS version because the content in the game was abysmal and none of my friends like SF

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why settle for KI when you can look forward to something else like Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Skullgirls, Smash Bros. or Tekken x Street Fighter?
My username is from SkullGirls, waiting for more news on the new Guilty Gear, Blaz Blue, and Tekken X Street Fighter.

Im obliviously looking forward to Smash. :rolleyes:

My comparison was to make a point. :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That reminds me of when I first met one of my roommates. He said I was like a tiger in comparison to him though I insisted jaguar. And as I've mentioned in the past, my friend said my monkey kung fu looks like an oversized bear fighting gracefully.
So, Eye of the KumaOso?

Also, got my DVD/VCR combo to work. I can play my games on my big tv now. XD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA...

Edit: I remember Ultra combo echoing, but from looking it up they just scream ULTRA COMBO

Edit 2: I just looked up more, it DOES echo...maybe it's JUST the super nintendo version

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My username is from SkullGirls, waiting for more news on the new Guilty Gear, Blaz Blue, and Tekken X Street Fighter.

Im obliviously looking forward to Smash. :rolleyes:

My comparison was to make a point. :laugh:
I'm honestly thinking of just getting the PC version of Skullgirls. At least I can still use my 360 arcade stick.

So, Eye of the KumaOso?
lol Eye of the Bear-Bear.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here here. It's weeaboo consoles for me. At least I have the benefit of having more people to play Tekken and airdash fighters with.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm the sole fighting game player in my group of friends. Sadly they're too mainstream to branch out to other non shooter genres. (They don't play many video games now a days)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think the appeal lies in the construction aspect, but that's just not for me when it comes to a videogame.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Oh! This warm wellcome was unexpected!
Your Miyu avi was all it took for me to like you.

Hey, a bunch of my SmashBoards buttons are weird colors, like the "Post Reply" button is now a super garish yellow and the alerts button turns red when I click on it. Is this just something they're doing now?

'Cause it's kind of awful.
I noticed it as well. I actually just switched to the Ruby skin because of it.

I am actually surprised incest is even illegal?

Like, who would even jump on that wagon if it was legal.
My sister and I joke about it to the point where it's uncomfortable to believe otherwise. Cue the constant "SISTER CAN'T BE THIS CUTE!" references. I also had a "KissingCousins" relationship growing up. Then again girlslove probably doesn't count.

Also I can't believe I missed a rare maid discussion. I changed my avi to Banette in a maid outfit last night and everything.

I'm down. A hardcore roleplay right in the social thread. Let's do this and being banned be damned!
Be careful. I roleplayed so hard here once that it almost got me arrested.

I remember a kid on the school bus asked me once what the clitoris was, and I told him it was a button you press to make the teeth come out.
My great aunt has a story like this.

On a side note, it's been 6-7 weeks since I since I first posted my fanfiction Sonic & Sega All Stars: Subspace Unleashed and it's becoming immensely popular. After 10 chapters, I have 2 reviews, 2 favorites, 2 followers, and 643 views total. I'm actually starting to like being a fanfiction writer. I'm very proud of my work and how hard I worked on it to make it readable and interesting.
Many blessings and jubilation to you. Always refreshing to see fanfic discussion over whatever the hell usually goes on here.

Wikipedia, teaching virgins about sex since 2006. Hahahahaha.
It made my first date that much more awkward.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Speaking of Capcom, the other day I decided to try out Mega Man: Wily Wars.

It's a pretty solid remake of the 3 first classic Mega Man games. Has its improvements and faults, but it was a really enjoyable game.

Improvements:
+Graphics (updated to 16-bit, while keeping the original's proportions
+Save System instead of Password system
+Corrected a few errors in Mega Man 1, (such as now being low gravity underwater, and an odd glitch with those heli-shooters in Ice Man stage where you would randomly fall through them.
+Extra adventure called "Wily's Tower" to provide an extra challenge. (A mini game of 3 completely new robot masters and a couple of Wily stages)

Faults:
-Game is significantly slower than their NES counterparts. (Sometimes makes the game ridiculously easy)
-While music was upgraded to 16-Bit Genesis synths, it sounds bland.

And since I'm in such a Mega Mood, I've also made up a playlist of all classic Mega Man games' songs. :3
Totally geeking out with it, especially when I set it to random and I try to guess which song it is currently playing.
You know you're a hardcore Mega Man fan when you can tell the difference between Wily Stage intro from MM2 and MM9, lol.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Love lifes huh, I've only been one date, and that was a group date though

The girls have are pretty awesome, I just can't them date singularly, and probably wouldn't date them seriously

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Love lifes huh, I've only been one date, and that was a group date though

The girls have are pretty awesome, I just can't them date singularly, and probably wouldn't date them seriously
Yeah, why have a single girl when you can have a group of them

Your own personal harem

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
But before anyone judges Namco from EU, I think they're hacked or something:

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
So, you know that pokemon game with the figures, heres how it compares to the other two

Skylanders: $59.99 for giants starter pack $69.99 for spyro's adventure starter pack, $14.99 for a giants single figure, $8.99 for a spyro's adventure single figure, at least one figure mandatory

disney infinity: starter pack $74.99, single figure $12.99, at least one figure is needed

pokemon scramble u $17.99 e-shop download, single figure $3.99, figures are not mandatory

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So, you know that pokemon game with the figures, heres how it compares to the other two

Skylanders: $59.99 for giants starter pack $69.99 for spyro's adventure starter pack, $14.99 for a giants single figure, $8.99 for a spyro's adventure single figure, at least one figure mandatory

disney infinity: starter pack $74.99, single figure $12.99, at least one figure is needed

pokemon scramble u $17.99 e-shop download, single figure $3.99, figures are not mandatory
Hooray for consumerism!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom