• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The U.S. has been pretty left-wing on race ever since the revolution of the 60s, and it's been slowly becoming left-wing on sexual preferences since around the 80s.

It's pretty much fully left-wing on Homos (I try not to call them gay, because it originally means "very happy") and non-Whites at this current time, when you look at the media.

Personally, I'd like to see a Cherrios commercial showing a blond, blue-eyed, nuclear family, just for the sake of seeing what the reactions would be like. I'm sure there'd be people moaning that it's "too White and old-fashioned".

---
If you ask me, things have shifted to bizarre positions right now. Right now, we're seeing where the minority (ethnic, orientation, or what have you) is, by default, considered the victim when that may not be the case. In my opinion, people are looking to create victims in circumstances where they might not be any. It's like they WANT to experience discrimination. In short, I'd be willing to say we're seeing a role reversal in discrimination, and it's not right, but neither is discrimination in general.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Speakin' of Cheerios commercials... this one's the best.
This comment lol:

" Wait a minute.... Sonic sold cereal, and Mario sold milk...... THEY WERE ALWAYS ALLIES! The whole idea of them being rivals was fabricated by marketing to instigate feuding between the fan bases so no one would discover the conspiracy!"

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To me, Rocky Horror is an allegory of how deliciously awkward transitioning to the Sexual Revolution was back in the early 1960's for most people. The movie is unbelievably campy but that's part of the fun along with yelling jokes and comments at the screen so obscene that they would probably make your grandmother hang herself. (Me: Hey Frank, I just beat a paralyzed puppy to death with a frozen ham; should I feel bad about it? Frank on screen: Oh don't be upset, it was a mercy killing. Me: Oh, thanks Frank!) Oddly enough, I first got into it as an attempt to get close to a girl that I was interested in for about three years. Even after she turned me down, I still try to go at least twice a year and my town always has a massive Halloween showing with the long standing tradition of all the "virgins" doing the Time Warp and the voted worst dancer then having to dry hump a life size Gumby plush in front of everyone. :laugh:

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
To me, Rocky Horror is an allegory of how deliciously awkward transitioning to the Sexual Revolution was back in the early 1960's for most people. The movie is unbelievably campy but that's part of the fun along with yelling jokes and comments at the screen so obscene that they would probably make your grandmother hang herself. (Me: Hey Frank, I just beat a paralyzed puppy to death with a frozen ham; should I feel bad about it? Frank on screen: Oh don't be upset, it was a mercy killing. Me: Oh, thanks Frank!) Oddly enough, I first got into it as an attempt to get close to a girl that I was interested in for about three years. Even after she turned me down, I still try to go at least twice a year and my town always has a massive Halloween showing with the long standing tradition of all the "virgins" doing the Time Warp and the voted worst dancer then having to dry hump a life size Gumby plush in front of everyone. :laugh:

Twice a year? Impressive. I took my "virgin" friends to it once but since there were so many shout outs going on, my friends had absolutely no clue what was actually going on in the movie.
Also, some of the official callers were distinctly unfunny and just rambling, so that was unfortunate.

Fun movie... but is it as fun as The Room?!?! I think not.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Trap I never would've guessed.

The latter word, on the other hand....
If I may reiterate the post that started this discussion:

Be careful! It's a trap!
As I said before, your innocence amuses me. I mean that in a good way.

Because America still isn't ready for them. When you have Cheerios commercials causing outrage over the use of a mixed race family, you know America is still far behind at times.
The latest CreditKarma.com ad clearly shows white supremacy over minorities.

Why's there a Pyro dispute? Just because it's a character that is covered in bulky clothing and doesn't talk?
As stated before, Valve themselves do it mostly to spite the fanbase, who argue over what it is. The 'Meet the Pyro' video uses the sentence "He's not here, is she?" at one point. Also this.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not much of a fan of campy movies.

I remember seeing the ending of this weird, alien comedy a while ago.

What I best remember from it is the line: Why are their d*cks exploding?!

:rotfl:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Finally did a Smash For Custom roster.

Yes, it obviously has one-too-many third parties, but eh. I wanted to have a varied roster with decent choices. To clarify: Team Rocket was a placeholder since my creator doesn't have Giovanni or a Rocket Grunt. They're the Pokemon Trainer equivalent with Meowth and Raticate. Crobat is their recovery and part of the Final Smash.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yes, it obviously has one-too-many third parties, but eh. I wanted to have a varied roster with decent choices. To clarify: Team Rocket was a placeholder since my creator doesn't have Giovanni or a Rocket Grunt. They're the Pokemon Trainer equivalent with Meowth and Raticate. Crobat is their recovery and part of the Final Smash.
Bowser Jr., Plusle and Minun, Mewtwo, and Toon Ganondorf are all on this list.

I approve.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341

Two questions: Who's Brian and why the classic design for Sonic?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bowser Jr., Plusle and Minun, Mewtwo, and Toon Ganondorf are all on this list.

I approve.
...And then I find Giovanni way later. And thanks. 3rd Generation characters were hard to choose, but I wanted to go with who may have been planned for Brawl instead.

With Young Link returning(and the idea is a combination of Majora's Mask as either Masked Link OR to be based around Classic/Toon Link's items), Toon Ganondorf had to fit the bill. There is no way I'd leave Mewtwo out. I kept in Lucario because while he's not my favorite, he outright deserves the spot now. IMO. Jigglypuff likewise. I think both Toad and Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario was a fair way to do it. I gave Wario and Yoshi extra characters too to not leave them out to dry. Dixie and K. Rool? Yes, please. Metroid and F-Zero should've had two completely unique characters(ZSS is still Samus) and Metroid is an ongoing series for the most part. I didn't give any 3rd Parties two characters, even if Digimon is the only one where it'd make a lick of sense(partially because the roster creator lacks anyone but Agumon, but also because they're still 3rd party). I didn't want to add in Black Shadow JUST to move Ganondorf's clone moveset over, so Goroh was the taker. Takamaru was my Japan-only series, as the only other one was Lip from Panel De Pon, really. The posters on Imgur helped me realize who I was missing some time ago. I forgot a whole row, with guys like Mr. Game & Watch not there, etc. I wanted to keep the core Zelda characters and add 1 more, and Tingle was the only one with his own series, so enough said right there. Not that there aren't other cool villain choices, respectively. Star Fox, well, I had space for one more, so Krystal was an easy choice.(and nobody else) My two 3rd Parties not in Brawl/Official version of For were personal choices. Both respectively viable(okay, no, Brian doesn't stand much of a chance, but he at least fits the bill for a WTF character, and is Nintendo-only. One of his Gameboy games has a special Super Game Boy background, so clearly the Quest series has some slight recognition, and I don't mean the fans calling Quest 64 a cult classic sometimes).

Any other questions. :)

@MexM: Brian is the hero of Quest 64, which is a Nintendo-only 3rd Party series. I prefer Classic Sonic's design over his Brawl one, and the only other picture was the mediocre Knight Sonic. So it was Classic or Brawl designs. It's still Sonic regardless. The overall designs don't necessarily mean jack for how they play, unless I note. :)

Thanks, IsmaR. :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Lazy Harp Seal and Yellow Jacket Guy for Smash!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
...And then I find Giovanni way later. And thanks. 3rd Generation characters were hard to choose, but I wanted to go with who may have been planned for Brawl instead.

With Young Link returning(and the idea is a combination of Majora's Mask as either Masked Link OR to be based around Classic/Toon Link's items), Toon Ganondorf had to fit the bill. There is no way I'd leave Mewtwo out. I kept in Lucario because while he's not my favorite, he outright deserves the spot now. IMO. Jigglypuff likewise. I think both Toad and Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario was a fair way to do it. I gave Wario and Yoshi extra characters too to not leave them out to dry. Dixie and K. Rool? Yes, please. Metroid and F-Zero should've had two completely unique characters(ZSS is still Samus) and Metroid is an ongoing series for the most part. I didn't give any 3rd Parties two characters, even if Digimon is the only one where it'd make a lick of sense(partially because the roster creator lacks anyone but Agumon, but also because they're still 3rd party). I didn't want to add in Black Shadow JUST to move Ganondorf's clone moveset over, so Goroh was the taker. Takamaru was my Japan-only series, as the only other one was Lip from Panel De Pon, really. The posters on Imgur helped me realize who I was missing some time ago. I forgot a whole row, with guys like Mr. Game & Watch not there, etc. I wanted to keep the core Zelda characters and add 1 more, and Tingle was the only one with his own series, so enough said right there. Not that there aren't other cool villain choices, respectively. Star Fox, well, I had space for one more, so Krystal was an easy choice.(and nobody else) My two 3rd Parties not in Brawl/Official version of For were personal choices. Both respectively viable(okay, no, Brian doesn't stand much of a chance, but he at least fits the bill for a WTF character, and is Nintendo-only. One of his Gameboy games has a special Super Game Boy background, so clearly the Quest series has some slight recognition, and I don't mean the fans calling Quest 64 a cult classic sometimes).

Any other questions. :)

@MexM: Brian is the hero of Quest 64, which is a Nintendo-only 3rd Party series. I prefer Classic Sonic's design over his Brawl one, and the only other picture was the mediocre Knight Sonic. So it was Classic or Brawl designs. It's still Sonic regardless. The overall designs don't necessarily mean jack for how they play, unless I note. :)

Thanks, IsmaR. :)
Unless theres something I missed among all that, you said nothing about Kid Icarus.

Why Medusa over Palutena?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unless theres something I missed among all that, you said nothing about Kid Icarus.

Why Medusa over Palutena?
Villain over random other Heroine first, imo. If I had less room for the DK series, King K. Rool would be first. I probably would've done Donkey Kong & Diddy or Diddy & Dixie combos instead.

Also, Medusa is the first and a major villain in every game(save the gameboy one, I think), and does fight onscreen. Palutena barely does anything, so... it's the same reason I would've chosen Wolf over Krystal for Brawl as well. That was an excellent idea.

If a series doesn't have a villain and has space for one, that first, then another hero. Team Rocket(or Giovanni, really), counts for Pokemon. Wario doesn't have one, although I don't know if Ashley is technically evil or not. Wario has been at one time. Of course, there's Bowser, Bowser Jr., and Shadow Mario for the Mario series. Yoshi has Kamek. F-Zero has Samurai Goroh. Metroid has Ridley. I didn't choose any for 3rd Parties, for reasons stated before. And some characters were better off with a single slot. Note, I do think many villains would be great for Bosses too. Like King Hippo, Mother Brian, Eggplant Wizard, Dr. Wily, Dr. Eggman/Robotnik, not sure for Metal Gear, hard to say for Quest 64, easily just about anyone for Digimon, Golden Sun isn't terribly hard... etc.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'd mention Admiral Pit here but he hasn't been around for a while. And will probably tell me he thinks I'm against him/stop trolling again.

Medusa makes much better shipping material, imo. Plus snakes. Snakes make everything better.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd mention Admiral Pit here but he hasn't been around for a while. And will probably tell me he thinks I'm against him/stop trolling again.

Medusa makes much better shipping material, imo. Plus snakes. Snakes make everything better.
1. I haven't seen him around here either, nor on the Basic Brawl friend finder.

2. Do you really have to murder my brain with that kind of shipping talk?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
WELCOME TO MIIVERSE NIGHTLY UPDATE!
Alright, were pretty late so let's cut right to furry+ ****** time!

Bowser x Olive.

How about the best character EVER suggested?

Mario confirmed to be cut
Next, the best Smash-related question EVER!

No, but Diddy Kongs are.

And how about a guy who can write, but can't think?

I bet Olimar made this guy pissed.

Finally, vintage post of the night yaaay

That's all fer tonight, now go like that daily pic from Sakurai and stop wasting your time reading thi- I mean come back tomorrow for another MIIVERSE NIGHTLY UPDATE1!!1

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
^ It still shows the old one from yesterday <_<

I hope you're not trolling/posting knowing that the picture will most likely be changed in the near distant future...

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Slow update. Calling it now, excessive optimism with a side of new character reveal.
GASP WHAT OF SAKURAI IS READING MY MNU AND THATS WHY HES A FEW MINUTES LATE?? ITS TEH CONSPIRACY!! 11

Er.. Maybe Luigi confirmation? I dunno.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
>goes to smashbros.com
>sees challenger approaching
>craps pants
>realizes its still the old one from olimar

clearly sakurai wants the suggestiveness of purple pikmin on megaman action to be engraved in our minds forever!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I very much doubt we'll get a new character today, or anytime until like halfway through August at the earliest for that matter, but I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom