• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Ridley is confirmed tomorrow, I will shave my head, and mail you all of my hair.

No really, I'm dead serious.

Don't doubt me on the crazy stuffs.

(Yes, that is the second time I said that; the first time was for E3)

You sir are going to be bald.

:troll:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
This is off topic a bit, but has Sakurai been changing the vets pics on their pages?
I could have sworn that these below weren't there before.

I may be wrong, but still... Am I the only one who caught this?
Or am I just being delusional due to lack of sleep?

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Once again, for a good 10 seconds I was fooled by the Challenger Approaching on the website, trying to see where in the picture is the new character.

Anyways, Sakurai isn't just giving us pictures, he's giving us an entire story. Olimar landed and his Pikmin proceeded to kill Megaman for treasure. Samus finds out and then exterminates Olimar's Pikmin. Will Samus find Olimar? Can Megaman be brought back? Will Ridley be confirmed?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Square would put Lightning in the game instead and would make her the main character.
Hell, they're giving her cameos and a cat outfit nowadays so I wouldn't put it past them if they did that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Once again, for a good 10 seconds I was fooled by the Challenger Approaching on the website, trying to see where in the picture is the new character.

Anyways, Sakurai isn't just giving us pictures, he's giving us an entire story. Olimar landed and his Pikmin proceeded to kill Megaman for treasure. Samus finds out and then exterminates Olimar's Pikmin. Will Samus find Olimar? Can Megaman be brought back? Will Ridley be confirmed?
Find out on the next exciting episode of Daily Sm4sh: The Sakurai Story.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Next pic:
*Samus before shooting missile, arm gun to olimar's head*
Next pic:
*Ridley swooping down attacking Samus*
Next pic:
*Samus and Ridley fighting while Olimar tip toes away*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Donghae: You're too slow! But seriously, that's the 3rd time it was posted directly.(outside of quotes, possibly more...)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think I'm realizing that my biggest complaint about Other Samus is her knees.

Also the lack of square bulge.

sonus

Smash Cadet
which stage is this? I looked at the list of confirmed 3ds stages and it doesnt seem like any of them.

stage.jpg

edit- Oh is that train engine smoke maybe? That platform is throwing me off the most

edit edit- Ya thats spirit tracks. I guess I never saw that platform in any of the gamplay so I was steered away from it being that stage

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
which stage is this? I looked at the list of confirmed 3ds stages and it doesnt seem like any of them.

View attachment 1503

edit- Oh is that train engine smoke maybe? That platform is throwing me off the most
Probably the train stage. I gotta admit, at first, it might've been something different. Good edit/catch!

sonus

Smash Cadet
So you can fight on the roof of the train as well? This stage is getting better and better. :awesome:

Ya, after I posted the pic I checked the developer direct and you can actually see them fighting on the roof at about 1:17. IT doesnt shows that platform though.

Reznor

work in progress
you guys think we will be able to unlock characters characters by playing online in smash4?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nope. Considering some vets may not return. From Brawl or Melee.

I just really have a hard time believing that a majority of those characters wouldn't be in Smash 4 with the exception of MAYBE Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Ike, and Toon Link. Everyone felt ''right." A majority of Brawl's newcomers were very logical inclusions to the franchise.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just really have a hard time believing that a majority of those characters wouldn't be in Smash 4 with the exception of MAYBE Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Ike, and Toon Link. Everyone felt ''right." A majority of Brawl's newcomers were very logical inclusions to the franchise.
I see Falco as less likely, to be perfectly honest. Wolf provides the villain role, Falco, not so much. He's the only one replaceable, and unlike Wolf, was still very cloney. Toon Link is pretty much only going to be replaced by another variation of Young Link at best. Pokemon Trainer isn't that likely with 3DS limitations. Lucario's far more safe in comparison. Ike, who knows. Snake, might still make it. Lucas is fine. Unless he gets replaced by another Mother series rep, I don't see any reason why he'd leave. Snake for another Konami character I could see, Toon Link for another Young Link, Ike for another FE char. That's it for the non-safe ones.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wolf, Lucas, Ike and Toon Link where also really logical inclusions from their respective series.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You misread that Diddy.

As usual.

But yes I have my doubts of Wolf over Falco because of Falco being around since Melee and Falco's heavy use in competitive scenes. As for Pokemon Trainer leaving? He doesn't even seem to the be worst transformation character. How hard is it to animate three pokeballs opening? Considering there is the pokeball item? His Final Smash could get changed though.

As for having a Young Link. I don't see why we NEED one when most modern Zeldas have failed to use him, but I see it from the nostalgia stand point. If they need a Wind Waker rep use Tetra or modify Ganondorf to be more like his Toon counterpart.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It has nothing to do with Wind Waker/Toon representative. Sakurai wants an adult and child Link in Smash. Even if no clones appeared in Melee, he still would've put Toon Link in Brawl anyway. Why? Because it's a child Link, which he believes is important to Smash.

Falco doesn't add anything that Fox gaining back his 64 Laser wouldn't fix anyway. Wolf adds far more uniqueness anyway. Falco being in more games really doesn't mean anything overall. If one were to go, better the more cloney one does if they need to replace him.

Most Zelda games used a Child Link, actually, again, in Sakurai's view. The overhead Zeldas were considered Child Link. Adult Link just got in more by luck since Sakurai thought that was the basic design that could use the Boomerang. Which he found out later he couldn't, as he noted in an interview. That could mean a lot for the 64 version. It could've been Young Link, Adult Link could've had the Bow and never had a Boomerang in Melee. Young Link might've had a different Forward B, who knows? Either way, Child Link is important, so him leaving is not very likely at all.

No, the issue with Pokemon Trainer is multiple models on screen. Of which there's always two no matter what. Ice Climbers sometimes have one, so they're somewhat easier to keep in. Only somewhat, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Because America still isn't ready for them. When you have Cheerios commercials causing outrage over the use of a mixed race family, you know America is still far behind at times.
As an upcoming father or a mixed race baby this saddens me. However, it's totally expected. Even here on the streets people give us dirty looks.

I have strong doubts that either Falco or Wolf will be cut.

Alzi

Smash Master
You also have to take into consideration that it would be much easier for Sakurai and his team to keep a existing veteran than replace him/her with a completely different character as that would take much more time. So that is why I think many characters from brawl will return. Especially with that 2014 "Planned" release date, time is very important for them.

Edit: I too believe Falco and Wolf won't be cut. But I do see some changes happening to Wolf like they have done to bowser already...maybe falco too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This may come unexpected, but I, for once, would like if they replaced Sheik for Impa from Zelda Skyward Sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom