• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
hahaha even if your argument was the straw that broke the camel's back, there were like a thousand straws and we were constantly warned that the camel's back would break by M&SG, so no worries man.
Thanks bud.
Vol needs to check his wiki articles better. He got Blizzard's condition wrong
He also needs to actually read the articles he presents as proof.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd feel really bad if I caused this.
No one is at fault. The roster thread isn't on a permanent lock. It's just a kick in the butt in order to get us to use this thread instead of that one for our silly discussions. Mario_Sonic's cool, there's no bad vibes coming from anyone.

If anyone was at fault they would have gotten an infraction or been banned a long time ago. Go dig up the old threads if you want to see some ban worthy stuff. The crap we post in the roster thread is nothing compared to the **** in the those threads.

D

Deleted member

No one is at fault. The roster thread isn't on a permanent lock. It's just a kick in the butt in order to get us to use this thread instead of that one for our silly discussions. Mario_Sonic's cool, there's no bad vibes coming from anyone.

If anyone was at fault they would have gotten an infraction or been banned a long time ago. Go dig up the old threads if you want to see some ban worthy stuff. The crap we post in the roster thread is nothing compared to the **** in the those threads.
The heated Mario debates, the massive drama surrounding Impa, my overly obsessive campaign for Victini for Smash (along with a few other members like asage94 and Victinivcreate), etc. Boy that thread was a lot of fun, but we all matured as time went on.

Hard to believe that things will be worse than the SSB4 Wii-U thread was once post-E3 comes.

Found this post pre-Brawl shortly before Brawl's Japanese released. Came from one of the Ridley threads that formed after Ridley threads were banned.
Shauna said:
Silly you, he is to big to be in Brawl.

They where banned because of a massive club war that almost destroyed the forum.

Ridley for brawl.
Is this... an exaggeration? Was this just contained to the R.I.D.L.E.Y. and Geno threads? I swear to god if something like this happens with Smash 4, I will leave the community.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The heated Mario debates, the massive drama surrounding Impa, my overly obsessive campaign for Victini for Smash (along with a few other members like asage94 and Victinivcreate), etc. Boy that thread was a lot of fun, but we all matured as time went on.

Hard to believe that things will be worse than the SSB4 Wii-U thread was once post-E3 comes.

Found this post pre-Brawl shortly before Brawl's Japanese released. Came from one of the Ridley threads that formed after Ridley threads were banned.Is this... an exaggeration? Was this just contained to the R.I.D.L.E.Y. and Geno threads? I swear to god if something like this happens with Smash 4, I will leave the community.
Geno thread was NOT involved.

We never trolled the forums

D

Deleted member

Geno thread was NOT involved.

We never trolled the forums
I thought R.I.D.L.E.Y. and Geno's threads had a rivalry against each other, at least from what I heard.

Wish I could see the entirety of pre-Brawl threads. Cut off date seems to be January 1st, 2007.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought R.I.D.L.E.Y. and Geno's threads had a rivalry against each other, at least from what I heard.
Sort of, but for the most part I was able to keep Geno thread neutral

The ONLY time Geno and Ridley threads went at eachother were in voting competitions threads

We went all out then

Edit: After all, I supported Ridley

Edit Edit: I was bad, but most of the regular Geno thread members weren't warriors or trolls or anything

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, why do you think they wrote his name in all caps?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Seems to me the only games out for the WiiU kinda suck as is. I'm definitely waiting till Sm4sh till I get one, if I even do get one. How much can a guy trade a Wii in for these days?
The new Mario is the best 2D Mario since World probably. And I'm not even that big of a fan.
ZombiU is actually very good, but don't pay it more than 50 bucks. Here in Europe I find it at 70 euros, it's simply absurd. I bought it with the Wii U bundled.
Also I have Sonic Racing which is the best kart game since Diddy Kong Racing imho, but that's multi obviously.
One of these days I'm going to buy Monster Hunter U. And that's pretty much it imho.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
All we (orwellIguessIdidn'treallyparticipate*KICKSDUST*) did was spam the character board with Ridley threads so that the whole first page was nothing but Ridley. SO YEAH, IT WAS AN EXAGGERATION.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They hacked the forum and replaced everyone's head with Ridley, than they planned to take over the world!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Honestly speaking, I don't know why a large portion of things these days are popular.
Probably what I've said a number of times. The thing is that people want quick and cheap experiences. The fast food concept is really now making it's way to videogames, as we've seen with Angry Birds and other mobile app games that are taking over the market.

I, on the other hand, am a big eater in the literal and figurative sense. I look for my experiences to be very filling (and more for an hour or two later), even if that means it takes a little longer to enjoy it.
But that's what I said...man I hate Substitute teachers. :troll:
It's actually a from a scene in Azumanga Daioh. Tomo asks Osaka a lot of pun based questions and she gets every single one of them right. The trick with this riddle was that I was really asking for what language does the word Eigo come from as Osaka's response was, "Still Japanese." Somehow, we got most of these questions mostly intact with a couple of things changed.
In the English dub, the answer to the questions were (c)rook, the mason, Japanese, and speed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's going to be funny when all the post-E3 newbies see M&SG as some massive hardass BRINGING THEM DOWN.

They'll have no memories of the days when he would play Mario Kart with us, gush about Rosalina, and end his posts with "[/sarcasm]."

D

Deleted member

Probably what I've said a number of times. The thing is that people want quick and cheap experiences. The fast food concept is really now making it's way to videogames, as we've seen with Angry Birds and other mobile app games that are taking over the market.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well, I mean, lets look at the big picture here. You wanna buy the games to support a company, but there are also games you wanna play that aren't available to you (yet), then pirate the game, play it, and when it comes out cough up the dosh for it. If it never comes out and you still wanna support the devs, then buy a game from them you already own. Morality issues solved.

In fact, there are a bunch of Japanese devs that are OK, with Western fans pirating and translating their games as they know they'd never be localized anyway. 1st example would be Alicesoft.

In all honesty though, barring Retro games and imports, the only games I pirate are for handhelds, and honestly, it's out of comodity. Having ALL your games in one console when you are on the go is so convenient. I actually support digital distribution for handhelds as it's something that should have been done ages ago. Piracy on home consoles is a bit of a **** move though, especially when you can buy them off ebay at a low price. However, keep in mind that the devs don't see your money from used games either...

On PC however, where you have Steam, anyone who pirates is scum. Steam is revolutionary and something Nintendo and other companies HAVE TO adopt.

Agreed. I am interested in seeing Valve/Steam's new console. They could very well be this generations winner in the console wars. They strike me as the most innovative video game company in the market right now.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
As a vet from the 'ol ridley thread, I feel like we've rebuilt a utopia after a nuclear holocaust. I didn't really participate in the war either, but but after the third or fourth Ridley for brawl thread was closed and we were forbidden to make another one, true believers kept making troll Ridley threads. Good times.

So that other thread that got closed, that was like water guns compared to the pre brawl era's warheads.
(#WoR)(#swag)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm willing to bet that after E3, there will be an onslaught of overall stupid people coming here. We gotta brace ourselves.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
We need a backroom at this rate, really... can't they try bringing them back already?

Might go ask from the suggestion board what's the deal.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think it had something to do with transferring all of them - apparently there's a lot of groups, some mostly dead with little to no posts. We definitely need the backroom come the day of wrecking. In fact, this should be appropriate for the moment.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
We need a backroom at this rate, really... can't they try bringing them back already?

Well, they said that they're trying to bring all that stuff back and have a homepage for the site before E3.

I'm willing to bet that the groups will return this or the next month.

D

Deleted member

We definitely need the backroom come the day of wrecking.

EDIT: Now on the extremely off-chance that Ralph shows his face in Smash, the day he is revealed will be known as the Day of Wrecking. :troll:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Sad thing is that summary you just made doesn't even cover it a quarter of it. Not that there wasn't any fun stuff or anything. Stage concepts, movesets, music talk, discussing new games like FE13 and Uprising, etc.

We need a backroom at this rate, real... can't they try bringing them back already?

As soon as they do come back I'll either get to work on sending invites to some of the newer people around here or start up a new group entirely. If the mod stuff is true then I already have a few people in mind to act as them in the group or if it's actual mods on the main site then Mario_Sonic.

Doubt making suggestions at this point will make any difference, they've already shot me down a few times and there's already been a page of nothing but social group requests (none of which were mine surprisingly).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't know about you guys, but I would actually like to see the ****storm. It would be entertaining to see people bashing their heads against the wall from drowning in stupidity.

Which reminds me, I would really like to use Skype with a select few users here and get a real time reaction to be everything that happens at E3.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm willing to bet that after E3, there will be an onslaught of overall stupid people coming here. We gotta brace ourselves.
Is it really possible to prepare well enough? The amount of stupid that's going to brace these shores in two months time will be incredible. I can only hope my characters are revealed at E3, or it's going to be a LOOOOOONG wait.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Is it really possible to prepare well enough? The amount of stupid that's going to brace these shores in two months time will be incredible. I can only hope my characters are revealed at E3, or it's going to be a LOOOOOONG wait.
Of all the characters in your signature, only Dixie Kong does not have a good shot at being confirmed at E3 2013, so at the very least you are going to get one character on your personal wishlist confirmed.

Smash 4 is only 1.5 years from release, and only two months away from an unveil.

The main two things I am curious about aside from possible character unveils is:
1. Whether Smash 4 will have cuts.
2. Whether Smash 4 will have DLC.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think the options are mutually exclusive.
I don't think there not being cuts and there being DLC are mutually exclusive. I mean sure I could see DLC as an option to include any veterans that got bumped out due to time constraints, but there is still the possibility they would include 1-2 newcomers through DLC even in such a scenario.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The main two things I am curious about aside from possible character unveils is:
1. Whether Smash 4 will have cuts.
2. Whether Smash 4 will have DLC.
Just as a thought I honestly think Sakurai will say there will be/be vague on the subject, mostly because it would spoil more than half the roster. Honestly I don't expect him to be upfront on whether or not Snake and Sonic will return either.

DLC is something I'm positive he'll be vague on, it seems more like something he'll announce as the game gets closer to finishing development. Can see him being upfront with the idea of patches and updates (depending on certain modes) though.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Just as a thought I honestly think Sakurai will say there will be/be vague on the subject, mostly because it would spoil more than half the roster. Honestly I don't expect him to be upfront on whether or not Snake and Sonic will return either.

DLC is something I'm positive he'll be vague on, it seems more like something he'll announce as the game gets closer to finishing development. Can see him being upfront with the idea of patches and updates (depending on certain modes) though.
This is what I see happening as well.

At best for an answer pertaining to cuts:
1. He will flat out confirm cuts if there are characters he is definitely sure about cutting (like Young and Pichu for Brawl).
2. If he is uncertain or personally wants to bring everyone back, he will give an answer like, "We will have to wait and see. *laughs"

For DLC, I could see the confirmation of it being something to build more hype about the game, and as such if it does happen, the confirmation to it won't happen until close to the game's release.

D

Deleted member

Technically, if we look at the characters, most of the veterans can be considered good as confirmed. Really, the only ones that are at any risk of being cut are Ike, Sonic and Snake (and just for the heck of it, throw in Lucario, but I really don't see any reason why he wouldn't be back since I feel we're guarantee seven Pokémons).

I think if Sakurai does announce cuts will be happening, it'll be a subtle hint that Snake and/or Sonic will not be returning for Smash 4 (Snake being the more likely cut). Unless of course third-parties were announced to be cut and Sakurai said there would be more cuts, in which case Ike is getting the boot (although I find this to be a highly unlikely scenario).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You know what I'm truly scared of?

The thing back about Brawl being delayed by many damn months for European players.

Do you know how much I'd just grip my heart to avoid spoilers, love and all other Americans have fun with SSB while EU has to wait patiently"-stuff?

And along with, never getting to have fun with you guys at the same time when it's released...

Ah man. I dunno what to do then. I just don't know.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

The thing back about Brawl being delayed by many damn months for European players.

Do you know how much I'd just grip my heart to avoid spoilers, love and all other Americans have fun with SSB while EU has to wait patiently"-stuff?

And along with, never getting to have fun with you guys at the same time when it's released...

The worst part was that they didn't even give us a release date while Japan and America were enjoying it until sometime later. I hope that doesn't happen again. =_=

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The worst part was that they didn't even give us a release date while Japan and America were enjoying it until sometime later. I hope this doesn't happen again. =_=
Indeed. This just was total blow to the gut back when I heard about that... felt pretty much helpless then.

Also I had to import Kirby's Dream Collection because NOE seemingly were either low on money or just ***** to never import it here in Europe. Though being patient pays soon off as FE:A is released here.

But what to do when you guys get it and we have to wait? I mean I don't want to feel like reminding you about stuff you guys managed to discover before and feel not too suprised about speaking of 'em since it's been months when playing SSB4 and so on.

Unless a miracle happens which is SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE like X & Y Versions of Pokemon.

peeup

Smash Lord
Just move to America :troll:

So you can bend over and let Uncle Slam **** slap your face till its bruised and bleeding

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Just did a quick look how long each Smash has been taking to be localized:
JP -- 96 days --> US -- 206 days --> EU

Melee
JP -- 23 days --> US -- 172 days --> EU

Brawl
JP -- 38 days --> US -- 110 days --> EU

64 (Wii Virtual Console)
JP -- 143 days --> EU -- 192 days --> US
As we can see, Europe has been wait less and less after each installment (but I wouldn't call it a big improvement). I think the biggest reason why Europe takes so long is that they have to have five languages in the game. But I've been noticing that Nintendo has been doing much better on releasing games in all regions very close together. So maybe you won't have to wait long this time.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I'm hoping for a simultaneous release as well, hopefully they follow Pokemon X & Y and start releasing more games worldwide very closely, especially games many people anticipate such as Super Mario U, zelda U and of course, Super Smash Bros 4.

They have been improving recently though, I'll give them that.

At least it isn't as bad as the way Level-5 always takes a year or two to localize their games while Japan is enjoying them but it was still quite low of them to not give us a release date while America and Japan already had the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom