• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wario Bros: Hopefully. Depends on how huge the game actually is. The more bigger, the more stuff there is to translate around. On the other hand I've never noticed Brawl having language options so far, is there?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ah, right.

I remember having fun messing with different voices of Jigglypuff in my PAL Melee-game, actually. Pummeluff! Roundoudou!

But still, if there's any delay, should I just stay out of these boards until it's released here and then I meet you guys?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah, right.

I remember having fun messing with different voices of Jigglypuff in my PAL Melee-game, actually. Pummeluff! Roundoudou!

But still, if there's any delay, should I just stay out of these boards until it's released here and then I meet you guys?
Yeah I enjoyed doing that too with Jigglypuff. I liked the way they voiced her as Roundoudou. Especially in smash 64. :p

Hopefully we won't have to do that... Or at least having to stay away for months... Please Nintendo of Europe...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
European stuff, eh? Count me in!

As of recently, some games have been localized in three more languages than the usual five.
Besides English, German, French, Spanish and Italian, NoE has started to localize some games in Dutch, Portuguese and Russian as well.

Will these three languages be available in Smash 4?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
European stuff, eh? Count me in!

As of recently, some games have been localized in three more languages than the usual five.
Besides English, German, French, Spanish and Italian, NoE has started to localize some games in Dutch, Portuguese and Russian as well.

Will these three languages be available in Smash 4?
Well on one side, it would be pretty fun to hear the announcer and some characters speak in those languages. At the other hand, if this affects the European release date even more than it did previously, I'm not really sure what to think of it. Even though it would be cool to fool around with the game in those languages... :/

They probably will be available though.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
As you can guess, I never owned a PAL game but this video tells me Brawl does have multi language:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNK6r5-_NNM
Whoa, that's kinda cool. I didn't know that. I guess there's no French option in the US version...I need to sneak in as much French practice as possible

Anyway, I'm hoping for a worldwide release as well, it would be nice for lots of people.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Frost: Woahzers. That's pretty huge lot there. (-lAl-);;

Much like what Kiwi said, this wouldn't be too fun if it prolongs the Europe's release more longer than it should.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Whoa, that's kinda cool. I didn't know that. I guess there's no French option in the US version...I need to sneak in as much French practice as possible
I think the american version only has the US and Japanese languages in the game. I could be wrong though since I own the Pal version. But if it does have all the languages available as the Pal version... Nintendo... You're a bunch of evil troll's...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's what I'm thinking.

Because not all games have the NL, PT and RU language options.

On one side, it would be nice to have more language options, since not all players know the usual five, but on the other side, it would take more time for the game to be released.

Relating to the voice acting, I must say that the Portuguese dub of LEGO City Undercover surpassed my expectations and that game is being published by Nintendo. That combined with the English voice acting of KIU and FEA, I can say that Nintendo has been stepping up in the VA department.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To my knowledge, Melee is the only Smash Bros. in America that has other languages other than English (Melee having Japanese). Brawl is only English.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Anyway, I'm hoping for a worldwide release as well, it would be nice for lots of people.
Well, recent games in NA have come with an American, Latin American, and Canadian French localization as of late. Starfox 64 3D has this option and I've used it on occassion to build up my vocabulary and pick up minor cultural customs (like Papa, with accent marks, is used over dad and father at least in LA Spanish).

I think they've been trying to make their releases closer and closer these days in general. Of course, this greatly depends on how text heavy a game is. A game like Fire Emblem or a Mario RPG will take longer to translate and localize than a game like Super Smash Bros.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I think the american version only has the US and Japanese languages in the game. I could be wrong though since I own the Pal version. But if it does have all the languages available as the Pal version... Nintendo... You're a bunch of troll's...
Yeah, the American version doesn't have a Japanese option, though there is one in Melee...you can change the language to English, French, or Spanish on the Wii menu, but it doesn't affect Brawl. You don't have to worry, it doesn't have the languages in the Pal version. :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think they've been trying to make their releases closer and closer these days in general. Of course, this greatly depends on how text heavy a game is. A game like Fire Emblem or a Mario RPG will take longer to translate and localize than a game like Super Smash Bros.
That's true. Though I wouldn't call Smash Bros. a text-heavy game, it DOES have the Trophy descriptions.

@Croph: NA version of Brawl only has English, even when the hardware has French and Spanish? That's kind of unfair.

Based on the recently released games, I think those will be the languages available in Smash 4:
Japanese version: Japanese
American version: English (US), French (Canada), Spanish (Latin America)
European version: English (UK), German, French (France), Spanish (Spain), Italian, Dutch, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian (though the latter 3 have been inconsistent in European releases, appearing in some titles only)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Don't forget that Smash Bros also has trophies that need their description's translated into other languages. And Smash 4 is likely going to get even more than Brawl did (Please don't mainly be a copy & paste job like it was in Brawl). Hopefully it won't affect the delay too much though... :/

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, Pokémon X/Y is being released worldwide and KI:U was released ALMOST worldwide, so anything is possible.

Both games are text heavy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't forget that Smash Bros also has trophies that need their description's translated into other languages. And Smash 4 is likely going to get even more than Brawl did (Please don't mainly be a copy & paste job like it was in Brawl). Hopefully it won't affect the delay too much though... :/
I think the localization efforts probably won't be as big to translate trophies as it would an RPG. It's still a lot, don't get me wrong.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, Pokémon X/Y is being released worldwide and KI:U was released ALMOST worldwide, so anything is possible.

Both games are text heavy.
Yeah Kid Icarus also had these many idol's that had a lot of text didn't they? Hopefully this means they have really stepped up their game now in terms of translating. :)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That's true. Though I wouldn't call Smash Bros. a text-heavy game, it DOES have the Trophy descriptions.
The trophy descriptions in general were very sketchy. Some of which were because of localization screw ups (like Lyn's age) and others show incorrect information (like Wobbuffet debuting in Red/Blue). At least this is from the NTSC version, from what I understand the PAL version corrects most of the errors.

volbound1700

Smash Master
There will be some big characters, game concepts, etc. not presented at E3. It will be held back for hyped releases on the Dojo like Stage Editor, Sonic, Olimar, Diddy Kong, Pokemon Trainer, Online Play, SSE, etc. was held back for announcements on the Dojo for Brawl.

We will get some big stuff but definitely not all of it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The trophy descriptions in general were very sketchy. Some of which were because of localization screw ups (like Lyn's age) and others show incorrect information (like Wobbuffet debuting in Red/Blue). At least this is from the NTSC version, from what I understand the PAL version corrects most the errors.
Most errors are corrected in the PAL version, including those you mentioned. I can confirm that.

Yeah Kid Icarus also had these many idol's that had a lot of text didn't they? Hopefully this means they have really stepped up their game now in terms of translating. :)
That in addition to the dialogue script. It's a lot of text to translate.

Even if KIU doesn't have dubs in other languages besides English and the original Japanese, the dialogue subtitles are translated to German, French, Spanish and Italian in the EU version.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That in addition to the dialogue script. It's a lot of text to translate.

Even if KIU doesn't have dubs in other languages besides English and the original Japanese, the dialogue subtitles are translated to German, French, Spanish and Italian in the EU version.
Yeah Kid Icarus Uprising was definitely much more text heavy than any of the Smash Bros games before so hopefully this is a good sign for smash 4 and Europe. ^^

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kuma: It did, but I have to admit, some of the text was still pretty weird (Fire Kirby's description doesn't know what to speak about and what games to refer, also Bugzzy debuted in Kirby Super Star and THEN Adventure. I might think more, but yeah.)

But I hope they do what they did with KI because it was kinda simultaneous release with NOA and EU. (-l<>l-)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder if 4chan would ever guess Sakurai's password/hack the DOJO. Not that they would learn much. If anything to make a fake Waluigi confirmed post.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I hear a lot about 4chan, for myself and others that maybe ignorant of 4chan, can you give me a quick background.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Oasis_S
Lol, you've still kept the Ashley avatar..., although I removed your name from the thread yesterday?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I hear a lot about 4chan, for myself and others that maybe ignorant of 4chan, can you give me a quick background.
A imageboard infamous for creating internet memes and being a place infested with trolls. It's also where the hacktivist group Anonymous supposedly originates.

volbound1700

Smash Master
A imageboard infamous for creating internet memes and being a place infested with trolls. It's also where the hacktivist group Anonymous supposedly originates.
They started rick-roll I assume. I think I know who you are talking about now. I didn't know they were fans of Waluigi (or smash in general). Usually they are all about politics.

Mo433

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mo4233
3DS FC
0173-2195-9739
I
Only during 2005 did the DS have rough sales. The combination of Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing: Wild World was what made the console finally get on its feet, and that was when the console was about a year old. By 2007, DS was the best selling console on the market.

The Wii never had a rough time during its early lifespan. It was doing much better than both the 360 and PS3, and sold out during the holidays and Q1 2007.

As to your claim about the 3DS being ahead of the DS at this current point in time, its not. It was at an earlier point though, but at this point in time the DS was just started blitzing thanks to the Brain Age phenomenon and the DSlite revision.
I wasn't talking sale wise. I was talking about people saying that the Wii and DS were going to fail.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
They started rick-roll I assume. I think I know who you are talking about now. I didn't know they were fans of Waluigi (or smash in general). Usually they are all about politics.
They seem more like they're fans of trolling people. While I do think Waluigi is popular there, faking his confirmation would probably be done more to troll people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom