• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You mean endless multi-man melee? Or cruel mode? Nah. There's no need to fill the gap at any cost.
Instead of multi-mook melee, I was thinking of where you fight the characters instead. No decreased weight or anything of the sort. Just how long does it take until you fall.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm pretty sure Kuma's talking about a series of 1v1 matches against the entire cast without nerfs or buffs to opponents on a fixed stage either of your choosing or on one without hazards.

Multi-man matches are like survival mode in their own way but you can usually kill alloys/wire frames with one hit so that kinda kills the challenge of it.

EDIT: Kuma's a ninja.

Sword_kirby777

Smash Cadet
I think a regular survival mode with 1v1 matches would be pretty cool. Would survival end with a boss-like character, though? Like Master Hand/Crazy Hand? Or would it just go on forever against the playable roster until you fell? I've seen some "survival" modes that actually end, which I thought was kind of silly.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Unless the tournament feature has a double elimination option I doubt it will see much use by the competitive crowd. It's still a good addition though.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I don't see any need for that, All Stars (in melee) was the ultimate survival mode with having 2 or 3 computer opponents against you, maneuvering against more than one enemy was really challenging.
And multi man melee/brawl also serve that purpose in endless and cruel melee/brawl.

OliClutch117

Smash Apprentice
I have to disagree Ryu I feel that a traditional fighting games survival mode is the best way to go.
Though All Stars is tons of fun and it can remain the way a classic survival mode works would be so much fun in the new smash that it would occupy half of my hours for total game time.

Sword_kirby777

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind seeing a combination of both. I mean, have Survival mode with 1v1 matches. The problem is that I would think it would get tedious and boring, So mix it up by throwing two opponents in after a set point, then three. Perhaps even four! I think that would be the ultimate Smash Survival Mode. And the enemies should get harder and harder.

The problem with Cruel Melee/Brawl was that the enemies were ridiculously difficult from the start, they didn't become harder. The Multi-Man modes were extremely silly in the fact that it DIDN'T get harder. Those two don't particularly scream Survival. I suppose Cruel mode would, but again, it starts hard and stays the same difficulty, not getting any harder.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
The problem with Cruel Melee/Brawl was that the enemies were ridiculously difficult from the start, they didn't become harder. The Multi-Man modes were extremely silly in the fact that it DIDN'T get harder. Those two don't particularly scream Survival. I suppose Cruel mode would, but again, it starts hard and stays the same difficulty, not getting any harder.
So what if it was hard from the beginning? Makes you skip the easy part and throw you right into the action whenever you die.

Sword_kirby777

Smash Cadet
Okay? If it's hard from the start, it doesn't give you time to warm up, to get a feel for it. All I'm saying is that for a survival mode, it shouldn't be hard from the start, but gradually get harder, making the player feel like they're earning how far they get, and possibly making them strive to get farther. In the Cruel Modes, it was the same difficulty, and after so long, you get tired of it, since nothing changes.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just thought of some bonus stage ideas:

1) A Break the Targets where you see how many endless amount of targets you can break before time runs out (maybe 1 or 2 minutes). Board the Platforms could possibly do this too.

2) Endless Race to the Finish: how many check points you can reach within a time limit. Every few checkpoints (not all) will give extra time. Design similar to Melee's RttF and each character has their own time limit.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Deviating from the current topic for a sec, I was stalking Sakurai's twitter today because my classes ended and I had nothing better to do. While doing that, I noticed a tweet between him and Yoshinori Ono on March 25, and they seemed to be talking about working together. (All I could pick up thanks to Google Translator's...well, terribleness.)

Since Ono produced Street Fighter games, including the most recent games, I'm curious if this gives even a slight chance to a Street Fighter character. I'm sure he goes through alot of those conversations, and I'm set on Mega Man (maybe this is an indicator for that too, somehow. Ono *is* part of Capcom.) but yeah, just a bit I thought I'd throw out there. I'm not sure if this has been discussed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Deviating from the current topic for a sec, I was stalking Sakurai's twitter today because my classes ended and I had nothing better to do. While doing that, I noticed a tweet between him and Yoshinori Ono on March 25, and they seemed to be talking about working together. (All I could pick up thanks to Google Translator's...well, terribleness.)

Since Ono produced Street Fighter games, including the most recent games, I'm curious if this gives even a slight chance to a Street Fighter character. I'm sure he goes through alot of those conversations, and I'm set on Mega Man (maybe this is an indicator for that too, somehow. Ono *is* part of Capcom.) but yeah, just a bit I thought I'd throw out there. I'm not sure if this has been discussed.
I'm not all that surprised to that because back in 2011, Yoshinori Ono stated that he'd love to see a Nintendo X Capcom game. The Internet made this news so out of hand that Ono had to apologize to Satoru Iwata for this. He then later said if you want to see this go ask Sakurai. http://www.cubed3.com/news/15105

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not all that surprised to that because back in 2011, Yoshinori Ono stated that he'd love to see a Nintendo X Capcom game. The Internet made this news so out of hand that Ono had to apologize to Satoru Iwata for this. He then later said if you want to see this go ask Sakurai. http://www.cubed3.com/news/15105
That's fantastic. I want that game, I want it right now. Link vs. Mega Man? In a classically structured fighting game? PLEASE!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since a Smash 4 is in the works, the Sakurai X Ono collaboration is more likely meaning Capcom getting involved with the next Smash rather than a "Vs. Capcom" game.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind a Nintendo/Capcom crossover in the form of a Capcom fighter but it looks more like Smash right now (and the fact that Namco Bandai Games, not Capcom, is developing it makes this more the case).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Mega Man chances increase. Get weapon! Hope...blaster?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
^To be more precise Namco is looking for the following:

Game Programmer
Game Designer (Planning)
CG Designer
Motion Designer
Server engineer / server programmer
System Engineer
Data Mining Engineer / Analyst

It's also looking for help on a Gundam game but this is a Smash Bros. forums soooooo...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
More specifically, they are looking for programmers, designers, CG designers, and motion designer (sounds like storyboarding for animations).

EDIT: Ninja'd

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hmm. Server programmer. I haven't got much experience as far as coding, but does that at all apply to internet servers, or is it an internal affair?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Namco is recruiting people? Now I should expect rumours from people pretending to have been recruited by Namco, lol.
Everyone, get ready for more rumours!

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'd say Namco is trying to fill the staff positions for the people they loaned to Sakurai for Smash development.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Namco is recruiting people? Now I should expect rumours from people pretending to have been recruited by Namco, lol.
Everyone, get ready for more rumours!
"Remember that time when Namco started recruiting people? So a friend of mine is totally working for Namco now, and he leaked some legit stuff to me. IDGAF, so I'm totally leaking it to you. Trust me on this one, everything is real. I mean, the recruitment part is real, so everything else should be too, right? Right.
Goku is in the game"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is Smash definitely going to be given a trailer at E3 this year? Do we know?
No. All we know is that there will be screenshots. However, Sakurai said the reveal is "going to be worth the wait", and Sakurai doesn't half-ass his reveals, so considering it has been confirmed to be revealed, a trailer is extremely likely.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I am hoping for a trailer that doesn't showcase gameplay yet. Granted, I don't want to see a demo this early on...

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
A trailer doesn't necessarily have to have much gameplay. Brawl's reveal barely had any actual gameplay footage.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I like to think that, now that it won't be an awesome surprise like Brawl was, they'll have to show Smash Bros. in a big BANG of information, so the impact will be as big as Brawl's.

But I'm not really expecting something like this.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I like to think that, now that it won't be an awesome surprise like Brawl was, they'll have to show Smash Bros. in a big BANG of information, so the impact will be as big as Brawl's.

But I'm not really expecting something like this.
Brawl being unveiled wasn't too surprising, it had been announced at the previous E3. The surprising part was they didn't reveal it at the main conference.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'd expect both Iwata and Sakurai's statements to be true.

I think they could show the trailer FIRST without mentioning the game directly (giving instead a vague hint), THEN while talking about possible new features, screenshots for the game would slideshow on the big screen.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
With how long we've waited, we deserve a ****in' trailer.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The wait hasn't really been THAT long imo.
I guess it's subjective, but it has been a year longer than the time between Brawl's announcement and first trailer. Plus the wait seems longer when you realize what the conversation has descended into. :p

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The wait hasn't really been THAT long imo.
E3 2011-E3 2013.
2 years, and all we know is that Namco-Bandai is developing it (which actually makes me very happy), and we have this concept art to go by.

That's not much for being almost 2 years after the announcement.

Now enjoy this full color version of the white board drawing. (Not made by me. I take no credit.)

Original image credits: http://lunarhalo24.deviantart.com/art/Smash-Bros-4-Whiteboard-Coloring-Descripion-314534294

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom