• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I myself will try to unlock all the characters the old fashion way but it would still be pretty convenient for some TO who wants to bring several set ups to his/her tournament.
Yeah definitely.
Just thought of this idea: when you run into a Warning! Challenger Approaching screen on the 3DS version, the silhouette should zoom towards you and let the 3D effects blast in your face. I hope that happens.
That would be a cool thing to do but not everyone used the 3D feature. I know I didn't use it very often after the first couple of days with my 3DS.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Personally I hope unlocking content isn't half assed like it was in Brawl. I kind of want to experience the feeling of getting something new from doing a certain task again, not to get everything handed to me on a silver platter.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Anyone think we should have a proper survival mode? All-Star always seemed like a gimmicky alternative to it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hmm... if a couple more rumors pop up aligning with this, then maybe i'll buy into it.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It would make more sense to have the Wii U and 3DS versions being released at least within the same month, mainly due to the connectivity features.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
If someone put you down there and keeps you down there then they deserve the KO.
I actually put myself down there after i use my crown of justice to smack a fox/falco to it's doom. when i get back i sometimes over-zealously overshoot the horizontal distance.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yeah, I only played through AS mode for the trophies as well. I beat AS on very easy with every character and then on very hard with my mains just because.
*shrugs*

I don't see AS mode's format changing but it would be nice to have some of multiplayer mode's options (i.e. turn items on/off, set random stage selection). Having a couple of ways of changing things up might make AS mode feel less like a chore to players who hoard trophies.

D

Deleted member

Brawl's Single Player modes were just tedious in general. Mainly because of how repetitive they were.

Melee's seemed less tedious, since it was a different experience every time (aside from Adventure Mode).

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Brawl's Single Player modes were just tedious in general. Mainly because of how repetitive they were.
The same can be said of the the other two title's Classic modes. Brawl's Classic mode just feels more repetitive than Melee's since you follow the same franchise rep order but with different characters as oponents. In 64 you fought the same characters in the same order iIrc. Melee did give you random characters in every match but it still followed the same gimmick (3 v. giant, 1v1, team battle, 1v1...) progression every time (which the other two games do as well).

In the end you have 10 CPU matches and the Hand battle which aren't as fun as playing normal multiplayer with someone else.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Single player mode was not exactly a strong suit for Super Smash Bros., barring Target Smash. I do like to play Target Smash from time to time as a test of character knowledge, trying to get the best time possible by using varies techniques.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah, I only played through AS mode for the trophies as well. I beat AS on very easy with every character and then on very hard with my mains just because.
*shrugs*

I don't see AS mode's format changing but it would be nice to have some of multiplayer mode's options (i.e. turn items on/off, set random stage selection). Having a couple of ways of changing things up might make AS mode feel less like a chore to players who hoard trophies.
For me AS just need to be cut or at least made not obligatory to complete the game. The idea of doing it with a friend to unlock two trophy in one session was good, but then there was an achievement in which you had to do it with every character alone... What's the point?
I'd made only Classic Mode this time. Just put the target test in it, done good this time. Maybe a return of Run to the Finish or Board the Platforms, just to change things. Not more than 6/7 matches and maybe two cutscenes at the beginning and at the end like every other fighting game ever. That and a new Adventure Mode like Brawl are more than enough for the single player experience imho.
Oh yeah and good, inspired, funny events. I'd made them more minigame-style actually than simple themed matches. You can check out the ones I put in my topic to know what I mean.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I'd rather them just scrap all past single player modes and give every character their own unique story with their own boss. Maybe about the length of Melee's Adventure Mode.

Sword_kirby777

Smash Cadet
I like that idea of each character having their own stories...it would make for interesting stories. Of course, because they're all in the same game, I would imagine that there would need to be some kind of correlation, or something that could connect as to why they are all in the same universe. Well, imo anyway. I did like the idea of Tabuu in Brawl, it was an interesting idea, although it wasn't really well played out.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, if All-Star doesn't change much it'll be even more of a chore in SSB4. I personally didn't mind it too much though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For single player modes like Classic & All-Star, my biggest wishlist is to have a much, MUCH more interesting ending than a way too simple montage of character footage, a still image that can replicated with the game's camera mode, and then a generic/lame "congratulations" saying.

Sword_kirby777

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah...that was just sad all the way around. They could do so much for the endings. Take the Marvel Vs. Capcom games, for example, where each character has a small unique plot for after the boss fight. Even if the same boss is used for every character, the idea that each character would have their own reason for fighting, silly or not, would make for an interesting, and imo, compelling reason to play through Classic/All-Star mode with every character.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It would be nice if the endings would be similar to the games the characters come from. Not only the style but the interface too.
Something like with Prof Layton (if he's in) there's a little cutscene by Level 5, anime style, with Punch-Out!! we get still images like in the Wii version, for retro characters we have videos in 8/16bit, with Metroid a monologue from Samus, with R.O.B. an actual live action video during which he plays with a human player... Something like that would be extremely nice imho.

Sword_kirby777

Smash Cadet
That would make a lot of sense, those kinds of endings. I think it'd be an interesting way to break the fourth wall, if R.O.B. were to somehow be playing Smash Bros. with the human player, and R.O.B. is playing as himself.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Maybe something like Smash 64's ending, where it gives a REAL, completely new picture instead of easily replicated gameplay pictures.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Maybe something like Smash 64's ending, where it gives a REAL, completely new picture instead of easily replicated gameplay pictures.
That would be nice but I think we deserve much better as that would be the 4th time they did this and I know they can do better than that.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That would be nice but I think we deserve much better as that would be the 4th time they did this and I know they can do better than that.
Very true, I just have no idea what the reward should be. :chuckle:

vicgur

Smash Ace
Oh man, it's been some time since I last visited ol' Smash Boards. I should check that out!

All-Star Mode was the best.

But seriously. The thing I most hate about All Star Mode[and the Boss Rush mode] is that you have to beat it on Very Hard to get some trophy or anything like that, and there are NO CONTINUES for that.
I hate that.
Please Sakurai. Stop expecting me to be a ****ing God in your game. I wanna have fun while I get your collectables.

I wouldn't even mind about All Star, but that one thing just spoils it for me.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
-.-

Again, I was referring to Melee's All-Star mode. I guess you didn't FULLY check out the thread.
That sucked too even if not badly as Brawl's. It was pretty much the same except the final part against Mr. Game & Watch and that there were less characters. Unless you're saying: "Well but it was Melee so it's better!!1".

Anyway vicgur I think there were continues in All-Stars mode. The Boss Rush didn't have them and in fact I used the hammer to get the trophy of Tank Galleom. With Charizard's Rock Smash though was relatively easy to get all the others.
The worst thing is that you had to do that with all the characters. So ****ing boring. Oh yeah and with Zelda twice, since you get two different trophies of her final smash! Bah.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Melee's all star mode was bearable simply due to lesser number of characters. I'll be interested to see what solution they bring to make it better. Maybe like the final co-op event match, where we fight all characters in a row on battlefield.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Melee's all star mode was bearable simply due to lesser number of characters. I'll be interested to see what solution they bring to make it better. Maybe like the final co-op event match, where we fight all characters in a row on battlefield.
That could work but it would be a useless mode in my opinion. Better scrap it or come out with something completely different.
IMHO Classic Mode, Events, Minigames à la Target Test, a new Story Mode... are more than enough really.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
All-Star in Melee and Brawl was just tedious, Melee's less so because the order was randomized and there were fewer characters. Brawl's was just a hassle, but especially to get Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash trophy. Boss Rush wasn't too hard, but then again, I beat it on Intense with G&W. :chuckle:

Smash Rookie
I'd rather them just scrap all past single player modes and give every character their own unique story with their own boss. Maybe about the length of Melee's Adventure Mode.
this is a gut feeling, but they may do that for the 3DS port. Maybe. Either way, I think the 3DS will be more single-player focus, since that version is going to be more "personal". That would be cool.

Admitably, I never really cared about all-star either, and as much as it was useless, it kind of felt like a nice addition... But it does feel a bit of a drag when playing it.

If they did scrap it, do you think they may replace it? If so, with what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom