• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Takamaru technically uses a sword and magic along with a variety of throwing weapons like shurikens, clay bombs, and flaming sutras. Gah, I don't care if he's essentially a walking Japanese stereotype, I'd love to see him playable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You mean he used it in only 1 appearance 10 years ago

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It is true Bowser Jr's paintbrush thing is kinda old (wasnt that his special in 2 Mario sports games btw?), but I'm talking bout true magic, like lightning orbs, a trail of ice, summoning, you get the idea. Like being a wizard, sorcerer, a spellcaster if you will... I wanna see some Wiz-biz!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Takamaru technically uses a sword and magic along with a variety of throwing weapons like shurikens, clay bombs, and flaming sutras. Gah, I don't care if he's essentially a walking Japanese stereotype, I'd love to see him playable.
I suppose the Japanese stereotyping does kind of work in a favorable way due to that kind of thing being an unexplored concept in Super Smash Bros. By stereotyping, I am referring to the ancient Japan theme The Mysterious Murasame Castle uses.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
It is true Bowser Jr's paintbrush thing is kinda old (wasnt that his special in 2 Mario sports games btw?), but I'm talking bout true magic, like lightning orbs, a trail of ice, summoning, you get the idea. Like being a wizard, sorcerer, a spellcaster if you will... I wanna see some Wiz-biz!

Luigi: And we were attacked by a Koopa Wizard!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Kamek would have been nice, but I worry bout the Mario series having too much rep, so that's why I kinda didn't include him, but what do I know?

Morbi

Scavenger
Kamek would have been nice, but I worry bout the Mario series having too much rep, so that's why I kinda didn't include him, but what do I know?
They do already have a lot of representation. I think it is safe to say that we will get a new one though. Baby Bowser/Jr. and Waluigi are pretty frequently requested. So you never know. Plus a lot of people try to establish that BS argument that Yoshi and Wario are their own franchises and that they don't really count as Mario.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
They do already have a lot of representation. I think it is safe to say that we will get a new one though. Baby Bowser/Jr. and Waluigi are pretty frequently requested. So you never know. Plus a lot of people try to establish that BS argument that Yoshi and Wario are their own franchises and that they don't really count as Mario.
Well truth of the matter is. Yoshi and Wario are their own thing. According to both their own games and their Smash insignias.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Plus a lot of people try to establish that BS argument that Yoshi and Wario are their own franchises and that they don't really count as Mario.
In the context of Super Smash Bros., they are classified as different franchises. Different emblems, unique jingles, select choices of songs, themed stages, separated categories, have at you.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well truth of the matter is. Yoshi and Wario are their own thing. According to both their own games and their Smash insignias.
Of course. That doesn't stop the general fan-base from assuming that they are all Mario characters though. I mean I really wouldn't mind some more Mario reps or anything like that. I thought Wario was his own thing once he got his own game. I think Luigi is his own thing.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Of course. That doesn't stop the general fan-base from assuming that they are all Mario characters though. I mean I really wouldn't mind some more Mario reps or anything like that. I thought Wario was his own thing once he got his own game. I think Luigi is his own thing.
While Luigi does have his own offshoots. I think most of us still associate him with the main Mario stuff. But maybe the year of Luigi will do something for his Smash stuff, who knows haha.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
What about Donkey Kong?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They're all basically half and half. They're all Mario characters, and their own thing. They all originated in a Mario game, and then eventually got their own series, and still continue to appear in Mario spin-offs. Waluigi is techincally a Mario character, as he has only appeared in Mario spin-offs.

Morbi

Scavenger
What about Donkey Kong?
What do you mean? Like all Mario characters are technically Donkey Kong characters because that is where Mario was born? I just think the argument is BS (people don't want to see more Mario even if it is technically Yoshi or whatever). I already know that they are their own franchises.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I almost feel like it's time for all characters to get their own insignias. Give Mario an M, Luigi an L, Wario a W, Peach a crown, Toad a mushroom, Bowser an outline of his face, Yoshi his egg, and Kamek a wand.

... yeah, that may be a lot of Mario-related characters, but it's Nintendo's flagship franchise. It's also spawned so, so many side series. I think they've earned a few more spots on the roster.

'course, in my ideal world in imagination-land we're apparently getting dozens of newcomers, so... eh.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
. . .

**** this ****.
I hope you're reffering to the photo that showed up in the quote.

What do you mean? Like all Mario characters are technically Donkey Kong characters because that is where Mario was born? I just think the argument is BS (people don't want to see more Mario even if it is technically Yoshi or whatever). I already know that they are their own franchises.
I think he meant that Donkey Kong first appeared in a Mario game and then got his own franchise as well...

Morbi

Scavenger
I almost feel like it's time for all characters to get their own insignias. Give Mario an M, Luigi an L, Wario a W, Peach a crown, Toad a mushroom, Bowser an outline of his face, Yoshi his egg, and Kamek a wand.

... yeah, that may be a lot of Mario-related characters, but it's Nintendo's flagship franchise. It's also spawned so, so many side series. I think they've earned a few more spots on the roster.

'course, in my ideal world in imagination-land we're apparently getting dozens of newcomers, so... eh.
What about the LoZ characters? It seems like the Triforce is pretty central to 3 of them. I mean I guess they could have them outlined or whatever. Like Ganondorf could have the top power piece highlighted... so yeah. It is a pretty good idea. I would like to see it in action. :bee:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Playing more PXZ and they just made an Outfoxies reference.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
What about the LoZ characters? It seems like the Triforce is pretty central to 3 of them. I mean I guess they could have them outlined or whatever. Like Ganondorf could have the top power piece highlighted... so yeah. It is a pretty good idea. I would like to see it in action. :bee:

That's what I was thinking as well, outlining the triforce pieces. If they felt like it, they could implement a fancy design as well, perhaps the symbols of Din, Nayru, and Farore.

... not that Din actually represents Ganondorf, but that's okay.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The year of Luigi will allow Luigi to get revenge on the people who destroyed his beautiul mansion...

Those who don't like swearing at all should not watch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom