• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh my freaking god.
Going through the last 10 pages, I realized why I love SmashBoards so much. :rotfl:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of the people in my town is moving away, and it's one of the members I WANT to move so I can get better villagers. I have a list of ones I want

I still feel bad telling them to leave though for some reason

sonus

Smash Cadet
has their been much talk about Japan possibly having an earlier release date than us?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
One of the people in my town is moving away, and it's one of the members I WANT to move so I can get better villagers. I have a list of ones I want

I still feel bad telling them to leave though for some reason
The first villager that moved in for me moved in right in front of one of my bridges, but I was planning to move it a bit anyway so I thought that was okay, BUT THEN SOME ASSHOLE UNICORN MOVED IN FRONT OF MY NEW BRIDGE WHEN I MADE IT.

I felt no remorse when telling him to leave. In fact I hit him several times with a net. My friend was happy that he moved to her town though.

sonus

Smash Cadet
That's pretty much granted, considering Smash is a Japanese game.

so does this mean we will have to get all the details he plans to release much sooner than our release date? Or did he release more info for Brawl even after the Japanese release?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
so does this mean we will have to get all the details he plans to release much sooner than our release date? Or did he release more info for Brawl even after the Japanese release?
The unlockable characters were revealed in the Brawl Dojo after the Japanese release.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone an idea how long it'll take until a new update comes for the next Smash Bros (for 3DS/Wii U) games?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Don't act like you don't think, or at least really-really want, Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia to make it on into SmashIV. This image right here is alone enough to warrant getting mad hype for Lloyd CONFIRMATION into SmashIV. Stay hype, ya'll.
Smash VI? So Lloyd is gonna be in SSB6, not SSB4. :troll:

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
has their been much talk about Japan possibly having an earlier release date than us?
I guess so, but there is a possibility that the game will be globally released, which I doubt. I'm still going to buy the Japanese version of Smash 4 though, I have no problem in buying a new Japanese Wii U for it :grin:

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
By the way, I don't know about you guys, but I would prefer see some Wii U bundle include Super Smash Bros for Wii U, instead of each apart in 2014. :awesome:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ya think Namco will look **** through so there'll be no D3 Chain Grab Stuff?
I believe they will.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Ya think Namco will look **** through so there'll be no D3 Chain Grab Stuff?
I believe they will.
Why did you target D3's Chaingrab specifically? Characters like Falco and Pikachu can also Chaingrab similarly to D3's limited chaingrab. You realize Iceclimbers' chaingrab is infinite if timed performed correctly? :grin:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Why did you target D3's Chaingrab specifically? Characters like Falco and Pikachu can also Chaingrab similarly to D3's limited chaingrab. You realize Iceclimbers' chaingrab is infinite if timed performed correctly? :grin:

The thing with D3's CG is that it has a FIXED knockback, meaning you could do it on any percent, whether you're at 0%, 100, or even at 999%, it can still be done as long as you're not one of the lightweights, and it is easy to do/be abused. The rest don't have fixed knockback on the other hand.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
The thing with D3's CG is that it has a FIXED knockback, meaning you could do it on any percent, whether you're at 0%, 100, or even at 999%, it can still be done as long as you're not one of the lightweights, and it is easy to do/be abused. The rest don't have fixed knockback on the other hand.
D3's chaingrab does not work on all heavy characters. It does work on Wolf, Wario, Bowser, Ganondorf, and 2-4 more (which isn't much). Keep in mind that D3 can't roll-regrab to continue his chaingrab once he reached the edge of the stage, therefore it's not an infinite in competitive play.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So I'm taking a shower and I'm doing a bit of thinking about SSB4 related stuff;
after thinking about it I came to the conclusion that Ike MAY not be going anywhere for SSB4.

Here was my train of thought:
Sakurai said that the stage selection on the 3DS/hand-held and Wii U/home-console versions will be tailored to that platform.
Fire Emblem: Awakening has already debuted as a 3DS exclusive stage. Which means the Wii U most likely won't be receiving an Awakening stage.
In order for Fire Emblem to get a stage on the Wii U/home-console version, they would need to have a home-console installment.
There are only two Fire Emblem games (That I know of) that have been on the consoles: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.
Fire Emblem would now be able to have a stage on the home-console version of SSB4 under the Radiant Saga (I just made that up, idk if that is a real thing) theme.
And who appeared in both versions? :ike:

I think it would be weird to have a stage from a character's game and not have any of the main characters playable. Yes, that has happened in past Smash games, but seeing how Ike already has an existing moveset, it may help his chances out even more.

What do you think? Is this a good reason that supports the likelihood of his return? Has this been discussed already? Or am I just over-thinking **** in the shower? :lol:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
D3's chaingrab does not work on all heavy characters. It does work on Wolf, Wario, Bowser, Ganondorf, and 2-4 more (which isn't much). Keep in mind that D3 can't roll-regrab to continue his chaingrab once he reached the edge of the stage, therefore it's not an infinite in competitive play.

Even then, there is a standing CG on some characters, although banned. Then you gotta consider "wall" CGs on stages like PS1 and that Delfino spot, and the walk-off spots on Delfino, etc.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think he meant that Donkey Kong first appeared in a Mario game and then got his own franchise as well...
That's a Donkey Kong game, not a Mario game. The name says it all.

Mario didn't even have his canon name till Mario Bros.

The current Donkey Kong originated in Donkey Kong Country. Donkey Kong(the general overall character) originated in Donkey Kong(Game). Which isn't really a Mario game. It did split off into two overall franchises, though.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
So I'm taking a shower and I'm doing a bit of thinking about SSB4 related stuff;
after thinking about I came to the conclusion that Ike MAY not be going anywhere for SSB4.

Here was my train of thought:
Sakurai said that the stages on the 3DS/hand-held and Wii U/home-console version will be tailored to that platform.
Fire Emblem: Awakening has already debuted as a 3DS exclusive stage. Which means the Wii U most likely won't be receiving an Awakening stage.
In order for Fire Emblem to get a stage on the Wii U/home-console version, they would need to have a home-console installment.
There are only two Fire Emblem games (That I know of) that have been on the consoles: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.
Fire Emblem would now be able to have a stage on the home-console version of SSB4 under the Radiant Saga (I just made that up, idk if that is a real thing) theme.
And who appeared in both versions? :ike:

I think it would be weird to have a stage from a character's game and not have any of the main characters playable. Yes, that has happened in past Smash games, but seeing how Ike already has an existing moveset, it may help his chances out even more.

What do you think? Is this a good reason? Has this been discussed already? Or am I just over-thinking **** in the shower? :lol:

Make some sence. After all it's probably possible I think, but at the same time I doubt it... :ohwell:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well, they could pull stuff from FE1 - FE5 (NES and SNES games)
Oh okay, so it may just be likely we get a stage from Fire Emblem 1 for Marth. Hmm... What game was Castle Siege taken from? Or was it just a generic level meant to represent Fire Emblem on a whole?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That's pretty much granted, considering Smash is a Japanese game.
I'm actually getting somewhat hopeful now with Ninty trying to make world-wide release dates a more common thing now, particularly with Pokemon X/Y (no importing/spoiling myself preemptively makes me a slightly-less pessimistic camper).

Implying Ridley is too small down there. :troll:
If any of the fan-fiction I've been involved with is any indication, he's twice as big. Mainly because he has 2 -redacted-.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Oh okay, so it may just be likely we get a stage from Fire Emblem 1 for Marth. Hmm... What game was Castle Siege taken from? Or was it just a generic level meant to represent Fire Emblem on a whole?
Generic level. Here's hoping this time we get a stage from a specific game, instead of just a stage that's a mixture of areas that sorta resemble recurring location types in the FE series.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't really like Sticker Star all that much myself despite being a fan of the series.
I just want Paper Mario representation, damn it.

Though PM64 was my favorite because of it's more nostalgia for me.

TTYD would make for cooler stages though.

Maybe like a story book that flips between pages/various areas in the game.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't really like Sticker Star all that much myself despite being a fan of the series.
I just want Paper Mario representation, damn it.

Though PM64 was my favorite because of it's more nostalgia for me.

TTYD would make for cooler stages though.

Maybe like a story book that flips between pages/various areas in the game.
I want to see stuff from the Mario & Luigi series.
I have good memories with Superstar Saga from 2003 and 2004.
Of course, I'd also like to see content from Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom