• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Oh okay, so it may just be likely we get a stage from Fire Emblem 1 for Marth. Hmm... What game was Castle Siege taken from? Or was it just a generic level meant to represent Fire Emblem on a whole?
Generic, but I think the Black Knight made a cameo in the second level of the stage. Soikealreadyhasastage

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Paper Mario stages?

Come on guys, 64 and TTYD's Battle Stage.

The 3DS version only has Sticker Star to pull from, but I haven't gotten Sticker Star, so I don't know what.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If only that game wasn't shared by a third-party company.
It's a shame too. I really liked that game.
Paper Mario stages?

Come on guys, 64 and TTYD's Battle Stage.
TTYD's battle stage would be fun.
Dodging things thrown by the audience.

Speaking of overrated garbage.... :troll:
jk. SMRPG is okay, I just like M&L and PM better.
I don't know. I don't even like SMRPG because of nostalgia because I've never had the game past emulation. I just thought it was great. SIGH.

But I do like PM more as well. Grew up with it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I feel incredibly ashamed that as a big M&L fan/aficionado, I'm only just now finding out that Dream Team is a thing. Really need to get a new 3DS.

I'm pretty happy they're using BiS as their inspiration for the new Bowser, at least. Maybe we'll see items/more music from those games.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Only RPG Mario games I have yet to play are Partners in Time and Sticker Star.

My favorites though are PM64, PMTTT, and M&L: BIS

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I feel incredibly ashamed that as a big M&L fan/aficionado, I'm only just now finding out that Dream Team is a thing. Really need to get a new 3DS.

I'm pretty happy they're using BiS as their inspiration for the new Bowser, at least. Maybe we'll see items/more music from those games.
I hope Dream Team has some stuff from Superstar Saga and Partners in Time, like characters and settings that Luigi is remembering and dreaming about. I'd like to battle some surreal nightmare combination of Cackletta and Elder Princess Shroob.

I mainly want characters from SS to reappear in some way, though.
The Beanbean Kingdom hasn't been referenced since Superstar Saga aside from Fawful and the Prince Peasly poster in PiT. Some Partners in Time characters were seen and referenced in Bowser's Inside Story. (Toadbert, Shroobs)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
TTYD>64>Super>Sticker

That game was truly disappointing. No point in battling enemies for the sake of leveling up and getting stronger. Stickers are littered all over the place so there is no way to run out and no party members. How disappointing. :c Here is one instance where change is bad thing. I do like the concept of the sticker combat, but it wasn't executed all too well.

On the Mario & Luigi games. I have never played any of those games, but I hear it plays like Paper Mario to some degree.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
On the Mario & Luigi games. I have never played any of those games, but I hear it plays like Paper Mario to some degree.
Unlike many turn-based RPGs, you can manually dodge your opponents attacks if you get the timing right. That's one thing that has stayed consistent in the Mario & Luigi series.

Do they have that in Paper Mario? I know about the storylines and various things in the series,but I've never actually played any of the games, so I haven't payed too much attention to the battle system.

From what I've seen of Paper Mario's battle system, Mario can do more damage with his attacks by pressing the attack button at the right time.
You can sorta do that in Mario & Luigi as well, but only if you use jump attacks.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
[Unlike many turn-based RPGs, you can manually dodge your opponents attacks if you get the timing right. That's one thing that has stayed consistent in the Mario & Luigi series.

Do they have that in Paper Mario?
They have something similar, at least in TTYD they do.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Unlike many turn-based RPGs, you can manually dodge your opponents attacks if you get the timing right. That's one thing that has stayed consistent in the Mario & Luigi series.

Do they have that in Paper Mario?
Everything in Paper Mario's combat is based around timing. I don't think you can really dodge attacks, but when pressing A at the right time will cause your Mario and Co. to block reducing damage. Jumping attacks dealt more damage if you pressed A at the right time before hitting enemies. Flicking the analog stick at the right time will also deal more damage for Hammer attacks too.

Pretty sure Paper Mario came first (I'll check). The Paper Mario series was the first of the 2 to introduce the concept of badges for new moves. I know Mario & Luigi uses badges as well but idk how their used.

EDIT: Paper Mario 64 came out 2000.
Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga came out 2003

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
TTYD>64>Super>Sticker

That game was truly disappointing. No point in battling enemies for the sake of leveling up and getting stronger. Stickers are littered all over the place so there is no way to run out and no party members. How disappointing. :c Here is one instance where change is bad thing. I do like the concept of the sticker combat, but it wasn't executed all too well.

It doesn't make it any better that Kersti is the new Fi/Navi in my opinion. It's bad enough that she states the obvious half the time, but it's even worse that she spends half of that berating you for whatever.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

Do they have that in Paper Mario? I know about the storylines and various things in the series,but I've never actually played any of the games, so I haven't payed too much attention to the battle system.

From what I've seen of Paper Mario's battle system, Mario can do more damage with his attacks by pressing the attack button at the right time.
You can sorta do that in Mario & Luigi as well, but only if you use jump attacks.
In Paper Mario, if you time the A button right when being attacked, you can decrease the damage you receive from the attack

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Btw, is Sticker Star worth playing? I've heard people say it's actually fun, despite the bad changes.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Btw, is Sticker Star worth playing? I've heard people say it's actually fun, despite the bad changes.
It is fun usually, but I've never actually beaten it.
I rage quit.
I got to the very final part of the final boss and ran out of stickers.
Which left me as a sitting duck.

TTYD>64>Super>Sticker

Agreed on everything except for the order (and I've played all the M&L games thus far)
For me it's 64>TTYD>Super>Sticker.

The first two are really close though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Eh, I wouldn't recommend it. Cons: It's a really dumbed down RPG (If you can call it that) and bare bones. Pros: The game is humorous (Not as funny as the past games, but it has its moments) and the puzzles are challenging.

I would recommend watching a couple episodes of Let's Plays on YT to decide if you'll like it or not.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Eh, I wouldn't recommend it. Cons: It's a really dumbed down RPG (If you can call it that) and bare bones. Pros: The game is humorous (Not as funny as the past games, but it has its moments) and the puzzles are challenging. I would recommend watching a couple episodes of Let's Plays on YT to decide if you'll like it or not.
The game would be MUCH better if the battle system wasn't completely dependent on stickers.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It is fun usually, but I've never actually beaten it.
Agreed on everything except for the order (and I've played all the M&L games thus far)
For me it's 64>TTYD>Super>Sticker.

The first two are really close though.
That was the hardest part for me deciding 64 or TTYD. There both good in their own right. Though 64 has this nice charm to it that I don't see in TTYD. I was very close to saying TTYD = 64 > Super> Sticker.:laugh:
The game would be MUCH better if the battle system wasn't completely dependent on stickers.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.
I missed the partners. :crying:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Speaking of stickers, I never used the stickers in the Subspace Emissary.
I'm pretty picky about "wasting" things.
We are alike in that regard, my friend.

That was the hardest part for me deciding 64 or TTYD. There both good in their own right. Though 64 has this nice charm to it that I don't see in TTYD. I was very close to saying TTYD = 64 > Super> Sticker.:laugh:
TTYD is definitely more fleshed out, but 64 had the charm, yes.
I hope, if they make another PM, that it's more similar to either of the first two games than SS or SPM.
Hell, I may even accept a SPM sequel (in that it's a platformer RPG) because I did like SPM a lot too. Just not as much as the first two.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Even though I like Paper Mario a lot, I personally wouldn't want Paper Mario in SSB4.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Even though I like Paper Mario a lot, I personally wouldn't want Paper Mario in SSB4.
I wouldn't mind if he was a character, and I used to exclusively want him as a character even, but then I became more sensible. :laugh:
I want a PM stage or assist trophy. I'll be happy then.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Eh, I wouldn't recommend it. Cons: It's a really dumbed down RPG (If you can call it that) and bare bones. Pros: The game is humorous (Not as funny as the past games, but it has its moments) and the puzzles are challenging.

I would recommend watching a couple episodes of Let's Plays on YT to decide if you'll like it or not.
Dang, that's a shame. I won't pay 35 dollars for it then, but I'll play it if I ever get a chance.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I wouldn't mind if he was a character, and I used to exclusively want him as a character even, but then I became more sensible. :laugh:
I want some PM64 or TTYD music at the very least. Super Paper also had some good tracks.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, charm is entirely subjective. I found The Thousand Year Door to be very charming too.
I like both TTYD and 64 equally though.
It did have charm, I'm not denying that.
I found N64 better at it though. That's just me.

Both games were hilarious in their own right.

Goombario or Goombella would be a cool assist trophy though
I was thinking that they could just say something interesting about either the stage or the people fighting.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't see a Paper Mario stage happening the same way I don't see a Mario Vs Donkey Kong Minis stage happening, but who knows. I don't mind him being an ALT costume for G&W, having reskins of all of his moves in the Paper Mario theme or an Assist Trophy. I will say they will be missing a great opportunity if they don't make Paper Mario a sticker for story mode (if they are still using stickers) I personally hoping for character specific Adventure Mode like Melee, rather than SSE 2.
Dang, that's a shame. I won't pay 35 dollars for it then, but I'll play it if I ever get a chance.
Yeah, if your really interested watch the Let's Play or a walkthrough.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Not to be rude, but what makes Paper Mario better then Mario & Luigi RPG series?
I wouldn't say better, they both have their unique quirks. You would have to play a bit of both to decide which one is better to you.

I have never played a Mario and Luigi game, so I guess I like Paper Mario by default.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't see a Paper Mario stage happening the same way I don't see a Mario Vs Donkey Kong stage happening, but who knows. I don't mind him being an ALT costume for G&W, having reskins of all of his moves in the Paper Mario theme or an Assist Trophy
There are so many possibilities for a PM stage though :c

Etc. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom