• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I remember this one time at one of my first out of town Brawl tournaments Sosuke (9th on the list, who once went by Sasuke Bowser) played against someone I used to hang out with at tourneys. She lost to him. I remember seeing her getting up, doing the whole "good games" spiel, rolling up her controller cable and immediately running to me and a friend, wiping a couple of tears from her face. She said that she couldn't believe she lost so someone with such a "dumb weaboo äss tag" as Sasuke Bowser. Some of you might be familiar with her work. It's one of my favorite stories from Brawl's early days.

I got to meet Choknater once. He's a pretty quirky dude, lol.

EDIT: I miss not being able to see in what place I am. vBulletin>Xenforo.
shoutouts to nameseach

we met before? i don't remember haha :D

I love Castle Crashers.

He's got some mad skills, too, although it's easy to get lost in the mix with so many dominant Californian smashers.

The last tournament I went to my brother (Rule 6) was in a pool with at least like 2 of the 15 players of the world, and he was so focused on them (I think it was Zhu [who he had kinda sorta upset, impressed, and made laugh] and SFAT) that he didn't realize that 2 really underrate elite top level players were also in his bracket. Poor kid got destroyed, while I was in one of the easier bracket, despite being still really good (despite that, I almost won 3 of my 5 sets to make it to the brackets, which would have been a huge accomplishment!).

Also, Choknater has the awesome lines for people. His "trash" talk (it's more playful competitive banter, but still) is vintage NorCal. He also does the best Ganondorf physical aerial impersonations I have ever seen.

I wanna know if I'm in the top 100 already!!! (I bet I am!!!)
hehe sup man how's it going

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
when i first joined this forum i would play forum games just to get post count

for some reason i thought it was valuable. i think i just found it fun to see the number go up and up. people would make 'landmark posts' or threads for their 100th, 200th, or thousandth, 2000th post, etc. so i would do those too. i just thought it was fun lol, i was a youngster.

around 2008-2010 i had a ton of free time. underclassman at a community college so i spent a lot of time on smashboards and improving at smash. i would go on rampant forum-wide posting sprees and it became very obvious that i was posting for post count. i would get a ton of infractions and i got banned 2 or 3 times lol.

when i had around 12,000 posts, the mods started really getting annoyed LOL so rather than perma-banning me (i wasn't breaking any rules per se... but i was really pushing the limit of their tolerance) they turned my post count backwards. when i posted, i would get -1 instead of +1. but that didn't stop me! i could see in the memberlist that my post count would actually still go up rather than down, even though my post bit kept going down.

5000, 4000, 3000, 2000, 1000... then when i reached zero posts i left it there for a little while just to marvel at it

and then i posted one more time and it became -1

i was so excited lol i was the only member with negative post count and i reveled in it. then on my birthday in 2011 they turned it back to positive, and restored my original post count, which was about 21k at that time. they did it since i wasn't spamming anymore. since then i've cooled off lol.

those were definitely fun and weird times

i still enjoy posting a lot

just because

this was very bare bones lol... there were many interesting moments... for example i would enter every social thread in every character specific forum, and in random regional zones... i developed systems of posting where i could always be perfect about the 30 second limit. this is at the time when browsers began to incorporate many tabs and i didn't have to open many laggy windows. my regional zone would have a string of 14 threads which all had my name on the last post at any given time. as well as melee discussion.

i made a landmark 10,000th post, very epic parody on "beelzeboss" by tenacious D which included a conversation between two avatards that i had been using

it was moved to the forum trash immediately

LOL fun times

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Lol! Another user related thing that I thought was impossible, which actually wasn't. (I saw a member with 0 trophy points, but it turned out they didn't always have them)

That was pretty funny. One thing though, does Smash Obsessed actually come after Smash Legend, or did you or a Mod put that under your username?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i have never become a mod

the only time i changed color was when i was in the Backroom once time, and also i became premium for 1 year another time

smash obsessed is a legit normal user title

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Didn't ask if you were a mod, but I'm glad that I finally know what comes after Smash Legend.
The mystery is solved!

now I need to know what comes next.....great.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
i have never become a mod

the only time i changed color was when i was in the Backroom once time, and also i became premium for 1 year another time

smash obsessed is a legit normal user title
Is that the highest rank title?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i have no clue

you never know lol

sakurai included a 1,000,000 matches notification in melee

anything is possible

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Speaking of stickers, I never used the stickers in the Subspace Emissary.
I'm pretty picky about "wasting" things.
We are alike in that regard, my friend.
Do you know what it feels like to have +32 slash and +38 launch resist on Meta Knight? Or comparable on Marth?
Or +40 Darkness and +112 flinch resist on Ganondorf?
Or +31 leg, +11 arm, +12 energy, +18 launch resist on Samus?
Or +33 Electric on Pikachu?
Or +33 PK +18 specials on Ness?
And so on and so forth?

Stickers don't stack, but I'm a master sticker placer, and I'm rolling in the stickers. 99 all G.

You don't know what it's like to 1 shot those damn Autolances in Intense. You don't know what it's like to take Tabuu down in only a few hits. You don't know what it's like to be facerolling primids at 300%.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow lots of likers and lurkers here

congrats on 3,000 moon monkey

ahhhh i'm so excited to play bowser and wii fit in smash 4!!!

Morbi

Scavenger

Yeah. My sister co-mains Bowser. She is really excited that they are turning him into more of a wrestler... dat dropkick! Shoryuken too I guess.

Personally I am looking forward to Wii Fit Trainer for her ASSets. If you know what I am saying. In all seriousness, she looks really fun.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Oh ****, Speaking of the devil! I didn't even notice! :laugh:
3000th post~! Moon Monkey is Master now!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yeah. My sister co-mains Bowser. She is really excited that they are turning him into more of a wrestler... dat dropkick! Shoryuken too I guess.

Personally I am looking forward to Wii Fit Trainer for her ASSets. If you know what I am saying. In all seriousness, she looks really fun.
yes, exactly right, for all those reasons. hahaha! gotta love the more outrageous characters. i get bored quickly of the more standard ones

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm going to write a chok fanfiction.

I wish there was a way to see a graph of your posts per day over the amount of time you've been on the forums. I would have really really high spikes followed by months-long valleys. Haha.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I'm going to write a chok fanfiction.

I wish there was a way to see a graph of your posts per day over the amount of time you've been on the forums. I would have really really high spikes followed by months-long valleys. Haha.
HAHAHAHAH you have my support

and yeah at my peak i was able to get 1,000 posts in 3 days or something like that

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
LOL saving this for whenever I become a Smash Lord. :laugh:
You've long passed that point I'm afraid. IDK what the hierarchy is, I think the next rank is Champion?

Edit: I think we need to give MorbidAltruism an intervention. He's liking things way too often...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
You've long passed that point I'm afraid. IDK what the hierarchy is, I think the next rank is Champion?
What!? I passed the Lord Rank!?
I was just a Champion. Or do you mean after the Lord rank comes the champion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom