• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
My lady told me once that Majora's Mask gets pretty depressing when you realize you're kind of creating a bunch of doomed alternate timelines as you time travel.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The gameplay mechanics for Majora's Mask were downright amazing too. The masks added a level of gameplay to the game that has yet to be duplicated in the franchise. I also liked the little things too like how people treated you differently depending on what form you were in or what mask you were wearing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The gameplay mechanics for Majora's Mask were downright amazing too. The masks added a level of gameplay to the game that has yet to be duplicated in the franchise. I also liked the little things too like how people treated you differently depending on what form you were in or what mask you were wearing.
It's a shame masks haven't truly been in any other Zelda. Wind Waker had the Hero's Charm, but people wouldn't react to you any differently than if you weren't wearing it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Loved those videos, Treecko. Pamela's Arietta was awesome.

Smooth Criminal
There's also this.

It's a shame masks haven't truly been in any other Zelda. Wind Waker had the Hero's Charm, but people wouldn't react to you any differently than if you weren't wearing it.
I wish you could see the health bars of enemies in other Zelda games. Do they have that in Skyward Sword? I've seen parts of walkthroughs but I can't remember.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I find it humorous, not everyone goes through all five stages, in fact, most people don't. I'd go so far as to say that sometimes people only go through one or another, that in fact only a very small minority go through all of these stages in no particular order.
I'd go straight to acceptance :estatic:

Imagine, you're walking across the street. Suddenly, a bus comes careening at you.
"That's not a bus, I'm fine. WHAT THE HELL WHAT IS WITH THIS BANANA PEEL IT MADE ME TRIP, DAMN YOU BUS! Oh, please, Mr. Bus driver, don't run me over, I'll give you anything you want. *sob sob* N-no I-I can't uuuuu its ganna *heaving sob* keel me *sniffle*. I am going to die, I am at peace."

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's one epic video of Deku Palace.

The song was well done, but some of the words seemed like they were forced into the music, to be in rhythm with it. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, as the Deku were singing their execution chant, and when the Monkey and Kafei (that was Kafei at the end right?) sang, the way they sang didn't match with the song's beat.
I also liked how there was a brief break in the theme when the Deku King spoke.

The monkey character sounded a little to feminine to me, but the voices were otherwise perfect.

Btw, the ending wasn't that disturbing to me, it could've been worse.

Morbi

Scavenger
I find it humorous, not everyone goes through all five stages, in fact, most people don't. I'd go so far as to say that sometimes people only go through one or another, that in fact only a very small minority go through all of these stages in no particular order.
I'd go straight to acceptance :estatic:

Imagine, you're walking across the street. Suddenly, a bus comes careening at you.
"That's not a bus, I'm fine. WHAT THE HELL WHAT IS WITH THIS BANANA PEEL IT MADE ME TRIP, DAMN YOU BUS! Oh, please, Mr. Bus driver, don't run me over, I'll give you anything you want. *sob sob* N-no I-I can't uuuuu its ganna *heaving sob* keel me *sniffle*. I am going to die, I am at peace."
Yes. It is actually a theory that was proven false. People still use it though... for whatever reason.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't know, being boiled alive would be a pretty horrific way to go...
I admit it is. But I meant the way the animation ended, there are ways I can think of that could have made the ending more disturbing. For example they could have had the monkey utter a terrified scream as he (Pretty sure it's a he) plummeted into the cauldron.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Aw man! People were talking about how amazing Majora's Mask was and I missed it? Darn it all! It's my favorite Zelda!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Aw man! People were talking about how amazing Majora's Mask was and I missed it? Darn it all! It's my favorite Zelda!
It ties with Link's Awakening for me. Some of the best gameplay, great characters, and more than enough funny moments. Also, I love the cameos from each. :awesome:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I admit it is. But I meant the way the animation ended, there are ways I can think of that could have made the ending more disturbing. For example they could have had the monkey utter a terrified scream as he (Pretty sure it's a he) plummeted into the cauldron.
See, there's where my imagination jumped in and made everything a 100 times worse.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It ties with Link's Awakening for me. Some of the best gameplay, great characters, and more than enough funny moments. Also, I love the cameos from each. :awesome:
Wind Waker is my personal favorite. I like the game's style, sailing across the oceon, the combat system and the enemies. It had a brilliant storyline too.
MM would have to be a tie with that game. The only thing about Skyward Sword that disappointed me was the little amount of areas to explore in the game that you weren't required to go to. That, and the inability to go to the surface at night.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wind Waker is my personal favorite. I like the game's style, sailing across the oceon, the combat system and the enemies. It had a brilliant storyline too.
MM would have to be a tie with that game. The only thing about Skyward Sword that disappointed me was the little amount of areas to explore in the game that you weren't required to go to. That, and the inability to go to the surface at night.
I have yet to play SS so can't comment on it much. However, my second favorite(since LA and MM tie) is Wind Waker. I'm a fan of most of the games, honestly.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have yet to play SS so can't comment on it much. However, my second favorite(since LA and MM tie) is Wind Waker. I'm a fan of most of the games, honestly.
Same here. I'm a fan of the series and enjoy all of the games, but almost everyone has at least one favorite.

See, there's where my imagination jumped in and made everything a 100 times worse.
I geuss I should've waited to see if you would ask if I had any examples or not before I posted that last part.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Don't act like you don't think, or at least really-really want, Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia to make it on into SmashIV. This image right here is alone enough to warrant getting mad hype for Lloyd CONFIRMATION into SmashIV. Stay hype, ya'll.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Don't act like you don't think, or at least really-really want, Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia to make it on into SmashVI. This image right here is alone enough to warrant getting mad hype for Lloyd CONFIRMATION into SmashVI. Stay hype, ya'll.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Corrected myself, sorry.

Also, I'm such a noob and can't figure out how to delete my lame duplicated comment.
-.-;;
Heh.

Well, you can report it and ask the moderation to do so.

He's one of the few Namco reps I'd like. Some kind of Digimon, Presea, Lloyd, Nightmare, and that's pretty much it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom