• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
It is a loss with no gain? I must disagree with the statement. Sure, you lost a veteran but you also gained a newcomer. We lost 5 characters but we gained 18 newcomers in Brawl.
I didn't mean it the Brawl way (I should have developed a bit more).
I meant it the way some people were saying a few pages ago:the "newcomer" steals an already existing moveset so that the veteran can be cut.It's not adding anything,it's just changing what it looks like.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Eh, Reggie is the Final Boss. Calling it now. ¦D

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Seriously, you're kinding right? (Not to be rude) He isn't that epic and tough, is he? :ohwell: Although his song (Song of Storms) surely is epic.
You are quite a blasphemous person.
You do not doubt the might of Guru-guru.
He will smite you.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Just as you saw the epic bosses like Master Hand, Crazy Hand and Tabuu, it might will be a kinda giygas-like boss I guess...
I'm thinking it'll still be Master Hand and Crazy. With some new stuff.. Not so sure about Yellow Devil being a boss anymore so my thought of each Series having their own boss is kinda dead in the water.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Seriously, you're kinding right? (Not to be rude) He isn't that epic and tough, is he? :ohwell: Although his song (Song of Storms) surely is epic.
I'm being ultra serious, you silly insect. Never have I been so serious in my life, so bow down to me and pray to whatever god you worship! :demon::evil:

His sheer manliness and sheer power and sheer everything about him would be too much to be a mere playable character, so he becomes the god of the gods of Smash Bros. and Nintendo, having an infinite amount of holy sanctuaries of sheer holiness devoted to His Greatness and Divinity.

Surpassing him, stands only...

That's right folks... Magikarp. You don't even need to level it up to 20, Magikarp's kicking your ass already at level 1.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Surpassing him, stands only...

That's right folks... Magikarp. You don't even need to level it up to 20, Magikarp's kicking your *** already at level 1.

Are you sure, because the only person I rahter see he'll do such that thing is to Yamcha (from Dragon Ball Z)

Yamcha is that weak you know :p

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Time to make a completely sexist remark that will land me tons of hate from feminists.

Dat fine rear..

On Snake :troll:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Well the game isn't out yet. We haven't "gotten" anything, so it's only natural for people to talk about what they would want for it. You can complain about that all you like, but you damn sure can't stop it. XD

Anyway, here's a topic I've never seen brought up.

...Who should be the Final Boss of Smash 4? o_o
Non-specific action figure. OBVIOUSLY >_>

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
AS A FELLOW FEMINIST I know you mean well, JustAbill, but I guarantee you "equality" is the opposite thing on people's mind when "more females" comes up.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
You all know the new Pokemon X and Y is coming, but what if...
No, just no. As much as I like Dragon Ball and somewhat Z, Z ruined way too many characters from DB. If you want Pokemon Z go make a fanfiction where Pikachu is the only person able to do anything because of lazy and sloppy writing. Oh wait thats called the anime

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
No, just no. As much as I like Dragon Ball and somewhat Z, Z ruined way too many characters from DB. If you want Pokemon Z go make a fanfiction where Pikachu is the only person able to do anything because of lazy and sloppy writing. Oh wait thats called the anime
I also agree with your opinion on Dragon Ball being better than DBZ, but I love DBZ.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I also agree with your opinion on Dragon Ball being better than DBZ, but I love DBZ.
Sorry I get a little aggressive when it comes to DBZ even if I love it ^^;. liked Krillin, Tien and Yamcha alot kinda got the short end of the stick in Z though even if the first 2 did have their moments in the sun. I always felt like rewriting the series, but haha fanfiction and all.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
But anyways, enough DB talk lol. Sorry for going into that bit unsmashy xD. What stages do you all want to see from the Metroid series this time? Anything from Fusion?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Never played a Metroid game, sadly, but I'd love to see SkyTown, Elysia. Mainly because I think steampunk aesthetics are cool, so I'd love to see some in Smash.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Dragon Ball better than DBZ= Opinion? I thought it was fact! :troll:
Well I want to make it clear that it's just a personal thought and that I don't genuinely believe that neither Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z is better.

It sounds dumb that I'd have to state that it's an opinion, but it's the internet, and you know how dumb people on the internet can be.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I wouldn't mind if Brinstar made a comeback... again. :laugh:
Brinstar haha, it probably will in some way shape or form.

Never played a Metroid game, sadly, but I'd love to see SkyTown, Elysia. Mainly because I think steampunk aesthetics are cool, so I'd love to see some in Smash.
Some nice choices there. I'd like to see Chozodia from Zero Mission myself ^^

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I played every Metroid (it's my favorite single-player videogame franchise), and Skytown was definitely one of the most memorable environments.
I wouldn't downright classify it as "steampunk" though, because it was very original and distinct.
A stage from the Prime games probably won't make it in, since they already decided to change Samus' design to the awful Other M Varia Suit, implying that Other M is now the representative Metroid title for SSB4 (which is sucks, because it's the worst possible representation of Metroid).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Alright, so, because I’m a loser and because I’m horrifically bored at work, I decided to make a tier list based on the 7 speculative criteria listed regarding what determines whether a character will be cut or not as an alternative to the tier list I posted earlier. For the sake of *insert totally legitimate reason here*, I decided to attach a mathematical model to it as well in the form of “points.” The highest number of points that a character can get is 10, meaning that it is virtually impossible for them to get cut with 1 (or below) meaning almost guaranteed based on this model (which is flawed but again, I’m bored as hell…).

1. Characters that have appeared in more than one Smash game have more prevalence than those that have just appeared in one. Add 1 for every game they’re in.

2. Characters who appear in the starting roster at some point in time have more prevalence than unlockable characters. Add 1 for every game they’re in the starting roster.

3. Main characters have prevalence over side characters. Add 1 if they’re a main character/franchise star.

4. Characters with unique movesets have prevalence over clones and semiclones. Add 1 if they have a unique moveset.

5. Characters with more modern relevance have prevalence over older characters. Add 1 if they have had a new game in at least 3 years or have been playable in a game in that time span.

6. First/second party characters have prevalence over third party characters. Add 1 if they are first party/second party, minus 2 if they are third party.

7. Popularity is less significant than everything listed above.

This is how everything played out in the end:

Top Tier:

Mario- 10
DK- 10
Link-10
Samus-10
Yoshi-10
Kirby-10
Fox-10
Pikachu-10

High Tier:

Captain Falcon- 7
Ness- 7
Ice Climbers- 7
Bowser- 7
Peach-7
Zelda-7

Middle Tier:

Jigglypuff- 6
Marth- 6
Luigi-6
Sheik- 6
Wario- 6
Pit- 6
ZSS- 6
Diddy- 6
Olimar- 6
Ike- 6

Low Tier:

Game and Watch- 5
King Dedede- 5
Metaknight- 5
ROB- 5
Pokemon Trainer- 5
Lucas- 4
Falco- 4
Toon Link- 4

Bottom Tier:

Ganondorf- 3
Lucario- 3
Wolf- 2
Sonic- 2
Snake- 0

This shares a lot of similarities with the tier list I posted earlier but, again, it's all conjecture and I just needed 30 minutes to kill before I clocked out for the day.

Morbi

Scavenger
Alright, so, because I’m a loser and because I’m horrifically bored at work, I decided to make a tier list based on the 7 speculative criteria listed regarding what determines whether a character will be cut or not as an alternative to the tier list I posted earlier. For the sake of *insert totally legitimate reason here*, I decided to attach a mathematical model to it as well in the form of “points.” The highest number of points that a character can get is 10, meaning that it is virtually impossible for them to get cut with 1 (or below) meaning almost guaranteed based on this model (which is flawed but again, I’m bored as hell…).

1. Characters that have appeared in more than one Smash game have more prevalence than those that have just appeared in one. Add 1 for every game they’re in.

2. Characters who appear in the starting roster at some point in time have more prevalence than unlockable characters. Add 1 for every game they’re in the starting roster.

3. Main characters have prevalence over side characters. Add 1 if they’re a main character/franchise star.

4. Characters with unique movesets have prevalence over clones and semiclones. Add 1 if they have a unique moveset.

5. Characters with more modern relevance have prevalence over older characters. Add 1 if they have had a new game in at least 3 years or have been playable in a game in that time span.

6. First/second party characters have prevalence over third party characters. Add 1 if they are first party/second party, minus 2 if they are third party.

7. Popularity is less significant than everything listed above.

This is how everything played out in the end:

Top Tier:

Mario- 10
DK- 10
Link-10
Samus-10
Yoshi-10
Kirby-10
Fox-10
Pikachu-10

High Tier:

Captain Falcon- 7
Ness- 7
Ice Climbers- 7
Bowser- 7
Peach-7
Zelda-7

Middle Tier:

Jigglypuff- 6
Marth- 6
Luigi-6
Sheik- 6
Wario- 6
Pit- 6
ZSS- 6
Diddy- 6
Olimar- 6
Ike- 6

Low Tier:

Game and Watch- 5
King Dedede- 5
Metaknight- 5
ROB- 5
Pokemon Trainer- 5
Lucas- 4
Falco- 4
Toon Link- 4

Bottom Tier:

Ganondorf- 3
Lucario- 3
Wolf- 2
Sonic- 2
Snake- 0

This shares a lot of similarities with the tier list I posted earlier but, again, it's all conjecture and I just needed 30 minutes to kill before I clocked out for the day.
Holy mother ****ing god do I disagree with Ganondorf and Wolf being Bottom tier. The rest makes sense... but those two bottom? What?! I mean I get that popularity doesn't have much to do with it... If you tell me Wolf is a clone I will pimp slap you. :pimp:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree with wolf being bottom but not really ganondorf

Morbi

Scavenger
I agree with wolf being bottom but not really ganondorf
Yeah. I guess it isn't really that important to have Fox's arch-nemesis in the game. It isn't like he is needed... we already have Fox's random team-mate. So I agree for the most part. Wolf doesn't contribute anything to Starfox as a whole. (just messing around)

As for Ganondorf. He is one of the only LoZ villains to appear in multiple games. He is regarded as THE LoZ villain. He doesn't HAVE to be a clone. In fact, they might change him up this time. He is almost as important as Zelda. ALMOST. He also made two past appearances in the Smash universe (playing a central role in SSE). He isn't going anywhere.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Hold it. I know Z ruined some characters from DB, but that's because there were numbers of new awesome characters entering, such as Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Frieza and so on. It was all because about the fact of balance you know. Just as Sakurai give mostly his focus on balancing of some matters, during the development of the next Smash Bros games.

I wouldn't mind seeing PokeballZ. Pokemon already sucks now anyway with trash cans and ice cream cones n' ****.

And yeah anime sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom