• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm going to go for lunch. If I come back and someone makes Waluigi Time happen again I'm going to punch a baby.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
In means of being female though, shut up.
Make us, internet tough guy. ¦D

Seriously, you're acting like someone shot and ***** your Mom and then **** on your cat and stole your left shoe while jaywalking down the freeway on Christmas Eve.

Relax. It ain't that serious. XD

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Toaster's gone?

EDIT: FROST! WHY!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Having a character to literally use the interface would be funny, but the question is: who would do that?
I always thought it would be cool if a character goes close to the screen and says something that acknowlodges the audience perhaps also staring right at you or making the screen shake. I don't really know who would be a good fourth wall breaker...

But doesn't Captain Falcon break the fourth wall when faces the player and says, "SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!". idk I always thought that lol.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I remember shortly after Brawl came out a number of people were debating what determined whether a character was "safe" or not. Here are a few things people speculated:

1. Characters that have appeared in more than one Smash game have more prevalence than those that have just appeared in one.

2. Characters who appear in the starting roster at some point in time have more prevalence than unlockable characters.

3. Main characters have prevalence over side characters.

4. Characters with unique movesets have prevalence over clones and semiclones.

5. Characters with more modern relevance have prevalence over older characters.

6. First/second party characters have prevalence over third party characters.

7. Popularity is less significant than everything listed above.

So, if we were to divide up the current cast into tiers into how likely they are to stick around based on these standards, it would look something like this:

God Tier:

:mario2: :dk2: :link2: :samus2: :yoshi2: :kirby2: :fox: :pikachu2:

The original 8. All are the stars in their respective franchises, all have unique movesets, and all have been starters in every single game so far.If any of them were cut, the universe would probably implode on itself.

Top Tier:

:luigi2: :falcon: :ness2: :jigglypuff: :popo: :marth: :gw:

The original 4 unlockables plus the Ice Climbers and the two unlockable franchise stars in Melee. Aside from Luigi, all have unique movesets, all are the leading characters in their respective franchises, and all have been in at least two games. It should also be noted that Ness and Captain Falcon were both starters in Melee, theoretically increasing their "job security."Jigglypuff's relevance is iffy but the other factors are argued to help her out a lot. It should be noted that of the new additions to Melee's starting roster, the Ice Climbers were the only ones that represented a new franchise. Ice Climbers, Marth, and Game and Watch are ranked above people like Bowser and Peach simply because they are the stars of their respective franchises. The chances of any of these characters leaving is pretty small.

High Tier:

:bowser2: :peach: :zelda: :sheik: :ganondorf: :falco: :toonlink:

Melee's new starting roster additions as well some of the Melee unlockables who "survived" the cuts. All are side characters but still important to their franchises with several of them being playable in canon appearances.All have been in at least two games and more than half of them have unique movesets. These characters have been established as staples in Smash but not as much as the original cast. Some of these characters are only a little iffy but they are probably near the bottom of the list when it comes to characters that are being considered to be cut. If anything, they're more likely to be tweaked then get the boot.

Mid Tier:

:wario: :metaknight: :pit: :zerosuitsamus: :diddy: :dedede: :olimar: :rob:

Most of Brawl's new starting roster plus ROB. Roughly half of them are franchise stars and all of them have been playable in canon games in their respective franchise. All are still very relevant to their respective franchises and all have unique movesets. ROB is a special case largely because he was the only unlockable character in Brawl representing a new first party franchise to Smash. These characters are not yet staples of Smash Bros but it's widely agreed that they all have a long history ahead of them.

Low Tier:

:pt: :ike: :lucas:

The remaining newcomers in Brawl's starting roster. All are franchise stars but their relevance is argued to be questionable (especially Ike). PT and Ike have unique movesets while Lucas is the only semi-clone who has ever made it to the starting roster of a Smash game, something questionably significant but could ultimately save his skin. PT and Ike are in danger of being replaced by newer characters in their respective franchises and many people argue that Ike will become the new "Roy" once SSB4 actually comes out. These characters are on the chopping block but have enough going for them to not make them at the top of the list.

Bottom Tier:

:lucario: :snake: :sonic: :wolf:

The remaining new unlockable characters in Brawl including the two third party "guests." Despite Sonic's overwhelming popularity, modern relevance, and unique moveset, his inclusion is entirely dependent on SEGA's cooperation. If SEGA says no or Nintendo doesn't bother to contact them, that's the end of it. Snake's the same way except with Konami. Lucario's relevance is as hotly debated as PT and Ike but, unlike them, he was unlockable and he's a side character in his respective franchise. Wolf is still important to the Star Fox franchise but he's plagued with a number of things. He was Brawl's only unlockable new semi-clone and still a supporting character in his respective franchise. If there are any cuts made in SSB4, there is no doubt that at least one of these guys will be one of them.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Make us, internet tough guy. ¦D

Seriously, you're acting like someone shot and ***** your Mom and then **** on your cat and stole your left shoe while jaywalking down the freeway on Christmas Eve.

Relax. It ain't that serious. XD

Why are you taking me this seriously again

Maan, I hate people forcing me to take petty responsibility on how I post. I can do that, but I'll see when it's appropriate.

On the other hand, these statements contain very irritating memories I'm fighting relentlessly from resurfacing again...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not to reboot an older conversation, but a female, Nintendo-only, character with an interesting move-set would be Tara Grimface from Lost Kingdoms 2.

Here is the Wiki if you are curious.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Kingdoms_II

She's a third party character... >_>
Sakurai has very strict guidelines for non-Nintendo characters. There's no way in hell that character is getting in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not to reboot an older conversation, but a female, Nintendo-only, character with an interesting move-set would be Tara Grimface from Lost Kingdoms 2.

It appears to be third party, so it pretty much has no chance, sorry to say. Sakurai only puts in third parties with "special conditions" on a case by case basis.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion

Hah, I remember getting that game and absolutely hating it.

But you're entirely right, she is female, Nintendo-only, and she'd have a pretty unique moveset. We don't have any true summoner characters yet.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh. My. God.

Shut the hell up about not enough females in the god damn game. I'm sooooo sorry that Nintendo doesn't offer an equal amount of heroines to heroes.

I'm honestly getting tired of those whose support "because they're female". In this gaming community it's "oh mah gerd dere not enuff" while in other games that have a majority of heroines or close to an equal number they are like "oh mah gerd wai r yu objectifying womanz through yuer games"

New topic, please.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I somehow managed to keep this thread silent for a little over 20 minutes. Was that revelation really THAT surprising? XD

This is sorta random, but do you guys think the customization stuff is gonna turn out to just be like the stickers in SSE?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh. My. God.

Shut the hell up about not enough females in the god damn game. I'm sooooo sorry that Nintendo doesn't offer an equal amount of heroines to heroes.

I'm honestly getting tired of those whose support "because they're female". In this gaming community it's "oh mah gerd dere not enuff" while in other games that have a majority of heroines or close to an equal number they are like "oh mah gerd wai r yu objectifying womanz through yuer games"

New topic, please.
You know what, just to spite you~

Playable characters aside, we could probably use more female characters for Assist Trophies too. ¦3

People just didn't feel like replying to that.
*insert thatsthejoke.jpg here*

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Hah, I remember getting that game and absolutely hating it.

But you're entirely right, she is female, Nintendo-only, and she'd have a pretty unique moveset. We don't have any true summoner characters yet.
She's not a Nintendo character, the hell are you talking about.

Galanosgladius

Smash Rookie
This is sorta random, but do you guys think the customization stuff is gonna turn out to just be like the stickers in SSE?

Sakurai mentioned wanting to be able to change the direction of attack, maybe I am taking this to literally, but I think that means things like firing a PK-Fire at a 45 Degree angle. Or just kind of changing where a hit will land. He also mentioned he didnt want the power of attacks to change.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Being published by Activision means she has as small a chance as Crash Bandicoot.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sakurai mentioned wanting to be able to change the direction of attack, maybe I am taking this to literally, but I think that means things like firing a PK-Fire at a 45 Degree angle. Or just kind of changing where a hit will land. He also mentioned he didnt want the power of attacks to change.
What would that mean for a move like PK Thunder or Din's Fire, though? o_o

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I personally don't care about the ratio; I'm just saying don't complain about what you get like others tend to.
Well the game isn't out yet. We haven't "gotten" anything, so it's only natural for people to talk about what they would want for it. You can complain about that all you like, but you damn sure can't stop it. XD

Anyway, here's a topic I've never seen brought up.

...Who should be the Final Boss of Smash 4? o_o

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone an idea about how much c.a. characters will include in the next Smash Bros games? Super Smash Bros (N64) has max of 12 characters, Super Smash Bros Melee has max of 25 characters and Super Smash Bros Brawl has max of 35 characters.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The windmill guy that teaches Link the Song of Storms.

I mean this guy:

(His name is Guru-Guru, by the way.)
"Guru-Guru"?

I see what you did there, Japan. ¦D

Shame the pun wasn't localized or anything. lol

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
She's not a Nintendo character, the hell are you talking about.

The phrase "Nintendo-only" clearly is not the same thing as "is a character made and produced by Nintendo".

But, well, I assume you already know that. You... do realize that playing dumb isn't the same thing as being smart, right? Why're you even responding to me, all I said was that his statements are true. The character clearly has no chance of getting in and has in all likelihood received literally zero consideration from the SSB4 makers.

Anyway. Yeah, the female argument gets more attention in Smash conversations than is warrented. The fact that people should be griping about isn't that Smash needs more females or even that Nintendo needs more females, it's that video games, on the whole, lack female representation. And that's a bigger conversation than these boards cover.

@Wave
I'm hoping for a final boss that's an unlockable character. Perhaps his penultimate battle would be some epic traditional "boss-fight", but I'd like to see an actual on the ground, actual villain kind of character.

Not some personality-less hologram with a poorly spelled name.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
The windmill guy that teaches Link the Song of Storms.

I mean this guy:

(His name is Guru-Guru, by the way.)

Seriously, you're kinding right? (Not to be rude) He isn't that epic and tough, is he? :ohwell: Although his song (Song of Storms) surely is epic.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
CD-I Ganon wearing a Powerglove and riding a giant, flying Virtual Boy, of course.
And when you finally beat him and knock him off the stage, as expected he goes "NO! NOT THE PIT! IT BUUUURNS!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom