• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Ike is a lord in two games (FE9 and FE10), and currently the most popular FE lord in the west. He's not so popular in Japan though. He also has a unique moveset, so I believe he should stay.

Roy is rather unpopular within the FE fandom, as he is a rather weak unit in his game, but he is currently the most popularly requested FE newcomer/returning veteran for Smash 4.

this would vanish immediately if Chrom was in SSB4, don't kid yourself (both of Ike's games managed to sell like ****, to top things off (I liked FE10 too :( )
and part of me wants to see Lucina in SSB4 only for the rage from people insisting that she shouldn't be there

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
this would vanish immediately if Chrom was in SSB4, don't kid yourself (both of Ike's games managed to sell like ****, to top things off (I liked FE10 too :( )
Possibly, but that doesn't undermine Ike's importance to the series.

Alzi

Smash Master
I haven't played a fire emblem game so I wouldn't know who to suggest to get in as a character but what I can say is realise how most the series in the smash bros game each character in that series has a unique weight or feel with the character. I think Ike may just get in due to him being a heavy character in the FE series. (or plays as a heavy character), maybe sakurai thinks this way too were the characters weight also adds to his/her uniqueness for that series.
Just a suggestion.

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
"You think you're welcome here? You're not. I'm gonna destroy you and I'm gonna destroy everything you love, just like I did with Sonic and Snake"
I'm sorry, but in your sig, is that the Salt Lake Temple for HD Classic Stages?

I think Ike may just get in due to him being a heavy character in the FE series. (or plays as a heavy character)
The funny thing is Ike's speed was a little higher than his strength in Path of Radiance. That switched in Radiant Dawn though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Despite Ike being one of my favorite newcomers in Brawl, I've already mentally prepared myself for his likely departure. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think they're going to go out of their way to have three blue haired swordsmen in this game.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@8-Peacock-8: That's awesome. Who did the editing?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31753

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31790

I personally would gladly welcome this Mewtwo in Smash 4. Even over the normal form of Mewtwo.

On the other hand, Wynaut both? ¦D

If you want a female Fire Emblem character for the sake of more female characters why don't you support Lyn or Anna instead of wanting one for the sake of replacing a male character who has no reason to be replaced?

Unless you want Lucina without wanting her to replace Marth then that's cool too.
Because **** you, that's why. =D

And I don't see Marth and Lucina being there at the same time. It wouldn't hurt seeing Marth take a break for a game. Lyn could be the second chick to go with her.

Couldn't care at all about this "Anna" person, though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Because **** you, that's why. =D

And I don't see Marth and Lucina being there at the same time. It wouldn't hurt seeing Marth take a break for a game.

Not a good enough reason. Try harder. :smirk:

Lol so basically we have another Impa on our hands here. :laugh:

I don't really get why we are supporting characters for the purpose of replacing veteran characters anyway. I honestly don't see why both Lucina and Marth can't be in together.

Leave the cutting business to Sakurai I'd say.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What's with people coming here and spouting invalid arguments such as "Character is a girl" and "Character is more recent"? >_>

Coming from the latest game of the series or being a girl mean nothing if the character in question doesn't bring a new, unique moveset that makes people want to play as.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not a good enough reason. Try harder. :smirk:

Lol so basically we have another Impa on our hands here. :laugh:

I don't really get why we are supporting characters for the purpose of replacing veteran characters anyway. I honestly don't see why both Lucina and Marth can't be in together.

Leave the cutting business to Sakurai I'd say.
The first line was clearly a joke, smartass. ¦D

And the two are practically the same character in every way except gender. We don't need another "Marth/Roy" relationship. I don't seriously want Marth taken out of the game completely since he's one of my mains, but if they decided they wanted to go with a little more flavor, I'd rather have Lucina. It does no harm at all putting her in due to her similarities to Marth and it advertising Awakening on top of that, since Smash in it's entirety is just a dressed up advertisement for all the franchises and their games, or to spark interest for a revival of one.

Plus, again, new female character. Always a plus.

But if they didn't want to, Marth better be in his badass Awakening outfit. I love that thing. D:

Oh and anyone who thinks Impa should replace Sheik is higher than Wile E. Coyote after a failed plan. (Before the drop, of course)

:(
Why do you spite us so.
Because I'm a prick. ¦D

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Despite Ike being one of my favorite newcomers in Brawl, I've already mentally prepared myself for his likely departure. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think they're going to go out of their way to have three blue haired swordsmen in this game.
Someone needs to make a petition for Intelligent Systems to stop making blue-haired, Superman-cardboard personality lords. I wouldn't mind having a Lord with the personality of Vaike or Henry....and would it kill them to primarily use a lance?
#Ephraim4Life

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The game does need more girls.

But they need to be wisely chosen and not at the sake of replacing or mimicking anyone else in the roster.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The first line was clearly a joke, smartass. ¦D

And the two are practically the same character in every way except gender. We don't need another "Marth/Roy" relationship. I don't seriously want Marth taken out of the game completely since he's one of my mains, but if they decided they wanted to go with a little more flavor, I'd rather have Lucina. It does no harm at all putting her in due to her similarities to Marth and it advertising Awakening on top of that, since Smash in it's entirety is just a dressed up advertisement for all the franchises and their games, or to spark interest for a revival of one.

I thought I made that clear with the :smirk: face that I was playing along buddy.

I guess so, but that doesn't really mean they should take out Marth for that though as he pretty much represents the series beginning and taking out Marth will probably cause quite a huge backlash. And Sakurai would probably prefer to bring him back than replace him with someone else. Wether Fire Emblem Awakenings rep (if it will get any) is Lucina or Chrom remains to be seen.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Right, because we saw Ice Climber: Frigid Adventures shortly after Melee's release, yes?
I'll give you Fire Emblem leaving Japan thanks to Smash, though.

Also, I think Marth isn't going anywhere. He's probably the most known Fire Emblem character and cutting him would be a bad idea.

Plus, again, new female character. Always a plus.
Why a character having boobs and a vagina would matter so much to the game anyway? Please, do enlighten me.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Last time Sakurai actually put a character and that was both recent and a girl,it was Wii Fit Trainer.

And what's the point of newcomers cutting veterans,it's a loss with no gain.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Female obv. = better, guys, don't you get it? It's really simple. :rolleyes:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks begging for female representation is ridiculous.
Why does it matter? If a character is good enough to enter the fray, then it will. No gender consideration.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
What's with people coming here and spouting invalid arguments such as "Character is a girl" and "Character is more recent"? >_>

Coming from the latest game of the series or being a girl mean nothing if the character in question doesn't bring a new, unique moveset that makes people want to play as.
Anna from Fire Emblem Awakening will probably have a smooth moveset, because I think she can do more things than mostly swinging with a sword. For example: Anna can make use of a bow, staff or lance in some ways as in Fire Emblem Awakening.
But only if she makes it through the next Smash Bros games, than I think it we all happen. :rolleyes:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's about equality really.

When there are 4 humanoid girls (Samus, Peach, Zelda, Miss Fit) in total in the game out of so of a roster that's pound to be at least 30 plus.

There is more than a slight equality issue with Smash. It'd be nice to see some of the girls of Nintendo with potential (and they exist) get in over the constant stream of penises.

But most male gamers don't have a problem or care about this so whatever.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's about equality really.

When there are 4 humanoid girls (Samus, Peach, Zelda, Miss Fit) in total in the game out of so of a roster that's pound to be at least 30 plus.

There is more than a slight equality issue with Smash. It'd be nice to see some of the girls of Nintendo with potential (and they exist) get in over the constant stream of penises.

But most male gamers don't have a problem or care about this so whatever.
Why the hell is everyone pushing for civil rights in a fighting game

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just being a girl, is a terrible reason.

When your hire someone, do you hire them because of boobs?

Do you vote for someone just because they have a vagina?

No (at least I hope not), you look at their resume and their qualities as a person.

In smash, this translates to popularity and series importance.

I only see three females with an impressive criteria this time around. Those three being...

Palutena
Dixie Kong
Krystal (Yes I said it, she's pretty popular)

Just my thoughts.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why the hell is everyone pushing for civil rights in a fighting game
Because I don't know maybe my female friends with Smash are tired of not seeing the strong females of Nintendo not get the same treatment as the strong males?

There kind of bored playing the same 3 girls since Melee. Which is why a majority of them are excited about Miss Fit.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Meh, if it was about equality then we might as well demand more black characters or whatever.

I don't mind seeing more female characters either but just randomly shoving in the likes of Daisy for the sake of having more females will just feel very forced on. People don't mind more female characters, but they do need to feel a little warranted for it instead of forced on. Just like every other character really...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
How the hell is that civil rights in the first place
Gender equality.

Because I don't know maybe my female friends with Smash are tired of not seeing the strong females of Nintendo not get the same treatment as the strong males?

There kind of bored playing the same 3 girls since Melee. Which is why a majority of them are excited about Miss Fit.
:rolleyes:
They're all just characters.
I personally don't play fighting games with gender in mind.

Because feminists are probably the dumbest creatures alive.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom