• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You were smart with your money. It can be a fun game but the people who play it,. most are the worst skum this community would maybe accept, people who refuse to do ANY work, or pretend to support the game but never show up for anything. The only good I got form it was a sure resolve and the ability to deal with anything as a TO (like "I don't like that combo, that match shouldn't count!" which really happened and took a half hour to get them to finish the tournament match)

And I fixed mah spoiler. You can get the first cookie :3

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
When has hardware ever hindered a character's inclusion? >_>
If Kojima was that much of a graphics ***** then he wouldn't have let Snake be in Brawl.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
When has hardware ever hindered a character's inclusion? >_>
If Kojima was that much of a graphics ***** then he wouldn't have let Snake be in Brawl.

No. Metal Gear Solid 5 not being on the Wii U may affect his chances. I should've been clearer.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Oh so why is Metal Gear Solid 5 being developed for the Xbox360 and PS3, both of which are weaker then the Wii U? Care to explain this?
Weaker? How so? I really want to know this. I have this thirst for knowledge.
I want to be able to defend while informed, if you please.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Wii U is capable of running direct ports from the PC without having to do many changes. (Need For Speed U was a direct port of the PC version)
That tells me next to nothing, but it gives me a hint, please go on?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Now that I got that off my chest (seriously remember you guys are amazing) anyone in here good with computer art? I'm looking for someone to help with the artistic direction for a website.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Hey all, my internet went down yesterday after the random KH discussion. Did I miss anything smash related apart from the DK and Pikachu pic?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hey all, my internet went down yesterday after the random KH discussion. Did I miss anything smash related apart from the DK and Pikachu pic?
God, it's like Pre-reveal announcement all over(i.e. before we knew when Smash 4 would be revealed). People are really desperate for any sort of news....

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm really hoping that, if Snake does get left out, that his moveset gets slapped onto an Advance Wars character. I really like Snake as a character, but his moveset alone is unique and definitely worth salvaging.

Also, I tried out PSAS for the first time this week... There are some really cool things about it, but for the most part it's pretty unspectacular. A lot of the unique things they tried out don't really seem designed around balance or fun.

20 characters is totally fine for the first iteration of a fighting game, though. I mean, Smash 64 had 12. After a full night of trying to play as many characters as I could, I still had quite a few left.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I haven't been in here Jedi so sorry I couldn't tell you

Anyway, I really don't think that if Snake is going to get cut, it's going to be because "Ohh he's more known as a Sony brand and the newest MGS isn't on Wii U so **** Kojima for not supporting Nintendo"

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Sorry, didn't mean you, I mean the people who are all like "oh there's going to be something tomorrow, I just know it." Should have clarified.
It's fine! Haha. While the pics haven't given us much new info I do have to say they are kinda amusing.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Speaking of third parties, fingers crossed that Sonic gets City Escape or Emerald Coast or at least Death Egg Zone as a stage in Smash if/when he makes it back in

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Speaking of third parties, fingers crossed that Sonic gets City Escape or Emerald Coast or at least Death Egg Zone as a stage in Smash if/when he makes it back in
I'd like one of those or, Chemical Plant, The ruined Station Square where you fought Chaos, the Master Emerald shrine, Sky Sanctuary, EGG FLEET, I could name off so many others

Or lets fight on Asteroids in Doomsday Zone why not :p

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'd like one of those or, Chemical Plant, The ruined Station Square where you fought Chaos, the Master Emerald shrine, Sky Sanctuary, EGG FLEET, I could name off so many others

Or lets fight on Asteroids in Doomsday Zone why not :p
Oh hell yeah lol I would love Chemical Plant or Station Square, and all the other ones you mentioned too

The Generations remake of Chemical Plant was amazing

Grand Metropolis would be an interesting stage too

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Would the G.U.N Truck be a hazard? Because that would be hilarious and would it be the original SA2 one or the insane Generations one?

Generations. Truck stays in the background, attacking you with sawblades. :laugh:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Oh hell yeah lol I would love Chemical Plant or Station Square, and all the other ones you mentioned too

The Generations remake of Chemical Plant was amazing

Grand Metropolis would be an interesting stage too
I loved the Generations remake of like all the stages [except Planet Wisp haha], Chemical Plant was so much fun xD. Oddly enough my favorite stage in Generations ended up being Modern Crisis City lol.

Generations. Truck stays in the background, attacking you with sawblades. :laugh:
xD. Maybe it could change the terrain like in Classic City Escape as well? Busting some platforms etc.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
MGS5 not coming to Wii U isn't hurting Snakes chances much because he already has a relatively low shot of coming back. Especially if Pac-Man IS in, and Sonic is as well. At this point I think the priority list for 3rd parties looks like this:

New > Sonic > Snake

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I would laugh if there was a random big reveal tonight.
That would be pretty funny actually since, according to the speculation of the week, something new "should" show up because they've now shown all the current characters in an update on the site. At least we haven't hit a "Ridley and Mewtwo are in the clouds" level of desperation... yet.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Some new information would be nice. But I won't have a duck fit if we don't get anything (but sooner or later Sakurai needs to reveal something past the E3 reveal and the interviews).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, during this month, we should get at least one new character reveal.

If he's doing one character per month, anyway.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You will be surprised at how long Sakurai will keep giving us pics of stuff we have seen since the Smash 4 unveil. It would be pretty nice though if Sakurai were to just randomly confirm a returning veteran or show something we did not know about since June 11th.

I think when Nintendo has their massive fall Nintendo Direct conference we may get a few more veteran confirmations, and possibly one newcomer. However, I could easily see Sakurai holding off showing us anything truly new until next year's E3.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Realistically speaking we probably won't get any newcomers until at least January. Until then, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw new stages, items, and maaaaaaaaaaaaybe some veterans but I'm not holding my breath.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Some new information would be nice. But I won't have a Wii Fit if we don't get anything (but sooner or later Sakurai needs to reveal something past the E3 reveal and the interviews).
We just need to wait patiently. I'm sure we'll get more news eventually, but the game won't be out till next year, so we shouldn't expect too much until we get closer.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
We might have some of the core elements elaborated on for the game eventually this year, but as far as like characters and huge reveals, nah, I don't think that's happening any time soon

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Well Nintendo are going to Gamescom as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I can handle the wait. I survived Brawl's hype. Man I remember I was still in Highschool at the time lol, checking the dojo every morning before class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom