• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Nintendo needs to make a game like Nintendogs but about beetles instead and they could call it... Nintendokuwagata. Or maybe Nintendynastids + Stags.

D

Deleted member

This is off-topic, but I am curious where people stand on Twilight Princess vs. Skyward Sword. I know many people whine about the "Zelda cycle", but for me personally, every 3D Zelda has been a tad weaker than the previous one. There was a big dropoff for me personally from Wind Waker to Twilight Princess, and an even bigger one from Twilight Princess to Skyward Sword.

Twilight Princess had a lot of flaws, but the one thing it absolutely got right was the dungeons. Definitely the best ones in the series.

Skyward Sword on the otherhand the only thing I can praise is for perhaps having the best town in the series outside of Clock Town (and bringing back NPC sidequests). Other than that, Skyward Sword to me was easily the weakest 3D Zelda for me, and the only one I have no desire to ever replay.

I´m way late for this, but I thought I´d give my two cents anyway.

SS is a very weak installment. And TP is honestly better than OoT, people just praise OoT more because it came out first and nostalgia. TP´s biggest flaw is trying to be OoT, meaning that if it had come out first, it would be GOAT Zelda. The combat in TP is also among the best in the series, though the items could have used more polish.

I agree that TP and MM have the best dungeons in the series. The backtracking and endgame in SS was tedious, however, it hands down had the best story and characterization of the series.

One thing though, to hell with motion controls.

Imo:
MM>TP>OoT>WW>>SS

WW would be above OoT, it weren´t for the missing content and the forced fetch quest. Shame the HD remake likely won´t fix that. I would actually buy it if it did.

For 3D Zelda. Best 2D Zelda is a tie between Minish Cap and LttP for me. The DS ones are a travesty that should never have happened, especially ST.

Oh, and LttP2 looks like ass, it´ll likely be the first Zelda I skip out on completely.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Isn't that how the entire newcomer roster of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 got leaked/confirmed though?
It was also how the University of Missouri moving to the Southeastern Conference was revealed. They put up all these images on SECsports.com beforehand on the website and someone accidently let them go to a public url that didn't have a link and a reporter accidently stumbled upon it.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I´m way late for this, but I thought I´d give my two cents anyway.

SS is a very weak installment. And TP is honestly better than OoT, people just praise OoT more because it came out first and nostalgia. TP´s biggest flaw is trying to be OoT, meaning that if it had come out first, it would be GOAT Zelda. The combat in TP is also among the best in the series, though the items could have used more polish.

I agree that TP and MM have the best dungeons in the series. The backtracking and endgame in SS was tedious, however, it hands down had the best story and characterization of the series.

One thing though, to hell with motion controls.

Imo:
MM>TP>OoT>WW>>SS

WW would be above OoT, it weren´t for the missing content and the forced fetch quest. Shame the HD remake likely won´t fix that. I would actually buy it if it did.

For 3D Zelda. Best 2D Zelda is a tie between Minish Cap and LttP for me. The DS ones are a travesty that should never have happened, especially ST.

Oh, and LttP2 looks like ***, it´ll likely be the first Zelda I skip out on completely.
Agree with everything but story. WW had the best story, IMO. The sunken kingdom, etc. was great.

Twilight Princess is the best in the series outside the original NES titles which stand on their own and are timeless. I played TP before OOT so my OOT experience was kind of scewed. MM was a great installment and stands on its own. SS was meh but a lot of the new features were welcomed. Problem with SS was the world was too small and game too short. Also the bosses outside of Ghirahim, the Scorpion, and Demise were forgettable.

TP had the best bosses, had amazing side quests, had great dungeons, only weakness for TP was the empty fields constantly.

Also for all Zelda fans, I recommend you grab Okami was well. Great game and will appeal to Zelda fans even if you are a wolf the whole time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well at least Moon Monkey will be pleased.
[collapse= OMG the fur! Its..Its....It's...]
[/collapse]

Does DK look bigger in Smash 4?

EDIT: Saw the last page. I think I might do a version size comparison between the 2. I know Bowser is going to appear bigger now that he is upright.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@Moon Monkey: So, you like that new sleek fur? :awesome:
I think this is the best use of hair modifiers on DK. It could be improved in some areas, but it still looks good to me.
Brawl's fur looked dried and desaturated. 64's obvious limitations, were obvious.
Melee...DK didn't even look like DK.
Jungle Beat's version of DK looks like they threw DK into a Drier and he came out "poofy".
Tropical Freeze toned down the poofiness from Junlge beat, so it looks loads better but could still be toned down a bit more around the hands.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I agree with the above posters concerning their thoughts on Twilight Princess... Easily the most underrated game of the Zelda franchise. Wind Waker had the best story but the weakest game play (**** you fetch quest). Majora's Mask had the most interesting world to explore by far, and OoT was just a fantastic game all around.

I have yet to play Skyward Sword though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think this is the best use of a hair modifier on DK. It could be improved in some areas, but it still looks good to me.
Brawl's fur looked dried and pale. 64's obvious limitations, were obvious. Melee...DK didn't even look like DK.
Jungle Beat's version of DK looks like they threw DK into a Drier and he came out "poofy"

Well, everybody has a hair-raising experience once in a while.

Glad the graphics are to your perfection.

Also, your DK fetish is showing. ;)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Tbh, I was never a fan of DK's looks in Smash. I always thought he looked kinda unappealing. However, this new DK looks more cartoony and cheery. For the first time, I'm liking DK's looks. I think it's pretty cute! Kudos to you, Sakurai. This is one way to get girls to play big, hairy apes. jk jk :laugh:

I can't wait to see Marth and Lucas (if he returns). Even by looking at the pictures/videos we have now, the vets and newcomers look like they have so much personality/character, it's just great.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I gotta say, I'm loving the art style of this Smash in general.
It's much more colorful, cartoony and pretty, not trying to be that dark,desaturated and [trying to be] edgy thing like Brawl and Twilight Princess. [God, I hate TP's art style]
Also, it might be matter of opinion, but I prefer Mario's overalls WITHOUT the jeans/denim texture that they used in Brawl. It looks a lot more friendly.

PS: New avatar. The Mii Plaza update is looking really good.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm still very surprised North America has yet to get this Mii Plaza update (or even announced for that matter). What the heck is going on?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Playable Mii as a Japanese version exclusive confirmed?

Oh Lord God I'd hope for that...

Also, DK is ****ing sexy in this and nobody can deny it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't know, Wario Bros. Maybe it means a playable Mii might be announced for all versions? That would be :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Bananaaaaaaaaa slamma!

Even though I've seen a few posts complaining about how DK has no visible teeth here, I'm perfectly fine without him having the bizarre toothy grin he sports in the sports games and Jungle Beat. He doesn't need massive white chiclets growing out of his mouth to look fantastic, as his new pictures show.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Playable Mii as a Japanese version exclusive confirmed?

Oh Lord God I'd hope for that...
Don't know, Wario Bros. Maybe it means a playable Mii might be announced for all versions? That would be :awesome:
... I'm not following what you guys are saying. I was responding to vigur that he's playing on the new update of the StreetPass: Mii Plaza on the Nintendo 3DS system. On the latest system update, Europe and Japan got the Mii Plaza expansion and North America didn't (although we did get the ability of backing up our game save data). But thankfully Nintendo of America is "looking into it" so I hope it's not too long.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
My god, I'm so excited for the possibility of a new TWBB type thing I can't even.

Little Mac will finally get to be part of the real action! Although the guy playing him last time did actually make him seem like part of the family. Just made me more sad he wasn't in Brawl.

Edit: I can't remember, but was Goroh there?
Nah, Goroh wasn't there at all. Though, I agree the Lil Mac needs a bigger role in the possible sequel. You've got to admit that the ***** Stole My Bike joke with Doc Louis was funny as hell. I can already tell that the crew and former actors are following Sm4sh as we speak to get ideas for the new plot.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Oh, and LttP2 looks like ***, it´ll likely be the first Zelda I skip out on completely.
Agree mostly with your opinions on the 2D Zeldas, except I would call ALTTP a masterpiece, while Minish Cap is probably the best 2D Zelda outside of it (either that or its tied with Link's Awakening). Outside of Minish Cap/Link's Awakening, I would say the best 2D Zelda after that would surprisingly be Four Swords Adventures (part of it is how much fun the multiplayer was, and for the heavy ALTTP motif).

As for ALTTP2, I am willing to give it a chance. At least its likely not to be garbage like the DS Zeldas were (Phantom Hourglass was one of the few games I sold due to a lack of quality. I did not even pick up Spirit Tracks because it looked like the same trash that Phantom Hourglass was except with trains). I really love ALTTP, so perhaps my love for the game is clouding my judgment in regards to A Link Between Worlds

Also, to go off-topic again, turns out that Wario's Woods actually did get released for the 3DS's Virtual Console... but only in Japan. It was released over a month ago there. I looked into the Japanese 3DS Virtual Console, and apparently they have far more games available for it than the West does. They even have had Super Mario Bros. 3 available for it since the beginning of the year. What is NOA and NOE's problem that they can't bring more NES games onto the VC? It seems only Capcom (mostly just Mega Man) and Sega having been supporting the 3DS's Virtual Console in the West in 2013.

A portable version of Wario's Woods would be worth every penny, yet those sloths at NOA refuse to release it. I can understand them dragging their feet since basically few people care about NES titles outside of Mario, Zelda, and Mega Man games, but honestly you should not be holding off for over seven months to release something like Super Mario Bros 3.

Still I am very sad that it could be a very long time before I see Wario's Woods released on the Virtual Console, and all because NOA wants the Virtual Console to die for some bizarre reason.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Perhaps I am wierd but I actually liked the WW Triforce Hunt. It gave me a chance to explore the overworld. I prefer overworld sometimes to dungeons. OOT, for example, was too dungeon focused and not much development outside of it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I love how people ignore the fact that Virtual Console is being ignored because of everything else that is going on at the eShop. Trailers, DLC, digital copies of retail games, distributing original games, remodeling, have at you. The days of the Wii and DSi are over people, and there are a lot more things to consider this time around.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I love how people ignore the fact that Virtual Console is being ignored because of everything else that is going on at the eShop. Trailers, DLC, digital copies of retail games, distributing original games, remodeling, have at you..
I am talking about the 3DS Virtual Console. Also, secondly, how is it the Japanese eShop able to support those things as well as the VC at the same time? Its pretty obvious NOA and NOE need to step up their game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of eShop, I heard that Australia supposedly rated The Mysterious Murasame Castle two months ago and yet it's nowhere to be found. Strange, isn't it?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked the dungeons of Skyward Sword best probably. Twilight Princess had some awesome ones to though.

DK not showing teeth is honestly the BEST thing ever so far Smash-related! He looked terrible with teeth showing. Am glad Sakurai never went the teeth-route with DK as Nintendo loves to do it. Best case showing this: Mario Kart DS. I became so good in the game with mmy only motivation being: 'I should never get hit, unless I wanna see those damn teeth'. And whenever I won... i just closed my eyes...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am very curious why the Wii U is not getting a port of MGS5 especially considering that its being released for the 360/PS3 (in addition to the Xbone and PS4). Heck, the Wii U not getting Lightning Returns is also a bit odd.

However, it not getting MGS5 is very strange especially considering how late of a game it is to this generation, and how its even being ported to the PC.

Really, the only third-parties that support the Wii U it seems are Sega, Ubisoft, Warner Bros. Interactive, and Disney Interactive. Things will look particularly bleak for the third-party situation once they are no longer making PS3/360 games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So the Wii U has terrible 3rd party support actually instead of the opposite which was claimed before? It doesn't really surprise me.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So the Wii U has terrible 3rd party support actually instead of the opposite which was claimed before? It doesn't really surprise me.
Because, again, demographic bullcrap. Though granted, it's pretty obvious there have been a lot of partnerships lately too.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I am very curious why the Wii U is not getting a port of MGS5 especially considering that its being released for the 360/PS3 (in addition to the Xbone and PS4). Heck, the Wii U not getting Lightning Returns is also a bit odd.

However, it not getting MGS5 is very strange especially considering how late of a game it is to this generation, and how its even being ported to the PC.

Really, the only third-parties that support the Wii U it seems are Sega, Ubisoft, Warner Bros. Interactive, and Disney Interactive. Things will look particularly bleak for the third-party situation once they are no longer making PS3/360 games.
Simple: Konami isn't confident it will sell. The bullcrap around the Wii U not being powerful enough is just doublespeak.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I'm writing this to tell you all I love you guys. You guys are seriously amazing and you have NO idea how happy I am to be on this site with you guys. Even the negative or trollish people here; you guys are better then others I've delt with, thank you.

I went back to check on the PSAS community today. After insane amount of hours, cash, and my life sacrificed to give them everything they asked for, the said all my work was stupid and flawed (when it was all their ideas) and took everything that I wanted to do from the start but didn't since they asked me to do other stuff, and are doing it now saying that they are brilliant and came up with it all themselves. Also, they wanted to unban a member from the site who insulted me, my parenting, and my daughter using expletives I can't type out on this site. Oh and they also tried to destroy every single PSAS forum. Obviously good community material that deserves unbanning. And they wonder why the game died so hard...

Smash Community would never be like this, which is why I'm being sure to let you know how much I love and appreciate everyone here. I never want you to feel taken for granted: you guys are VERY loves and MUCH appreciated for how awesome you all are. I'd bake you all cookies if I could, seriously. Someday I'll host a tournament with free cookies. Keep an eye out!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm writing this to tell you all I love you guys. You guys are seriously amazing and you have NO idea how happy I am to be on this site with yyou guys. Even the negative or trollish people here; you guys are better then others I've delt with, thank you.

I went back to check on the PSAS community today. After insane amount of hours, cash, and my life sacrificed to give them everything they asked for, the said all my work was stupid and flawed (when it was all their ideas) and took everything that I wanted to do from the start but didn't since they asked me to do other stuff, and are doing it now saying that they are brilliant and came up with it all themselves. Also, they wanted to unban a member from the site who insulted me, my parenting, and my daughter using expletives I can't type out on this site. Oh and they also tried to destroy every single PSAS forum. Obviously good community material that deserves unbanning. And they wonder why the game died so hard...

Smash Community would never be like this, which is why I'm being sure to let you know how much I love and appreciate everyone here. I never want you to feel taken for granted: you guys are VERY loves and MUCH appreciated for how awesome you all are. I'd bake you all cookies if I could, seriously. Someday I'll host a tournament with free cookies. Keep an eye out!
Just a heads up, pal. The spoiler tags here are "collapse" instead of "container" or "spoiler". :3

Sounds like you had a rough time there, though. Makes me glad I never wasted my time or money on that game. >>

We've got plenty of stubborn jerkholes here at times, myself included, but I'll definitely say that this please is far more friendly and welcoming. :3

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Just a heads up, pal. The spoiler tags here are "collapse" instead of "container" or "spoiler". :3

Sounds like you had a rough time there, though. Makes me glad I never wasted my time or money on that game. >>

We've got plenty of stubborn jerkholes here at times, myself included, but I'll definitely say that this please is far more friendly and welcoming. :3

You were smart with your money. It can be a fun game but the people who play it,. most are the worst skum this community would maybe accept, people who refuse to do ANY work, or pretend to support the game but never show up for anything. The only good I got form it was a sure resolve and the ability to deal with anything as a TO (like "I don't like that combo, that match shouldn't count!" which really happened and took a half hour to get them to finish the tournament match)

And I fixed mah spoiler. You can get the first cookie :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom