• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm always Blue Toad in honor of the mighty "Troll Toads" Matthew Metelli and ProtonJob in SGB and RunawayGuys, and that certainly won't change with 3D World. He's faster than everyone too? Toad is still top dawg, *****es. ¦3
I see i'm not the only one who watches SGB and the RunawayGuys :p

Like Mario 2. 3-D World I'll be using all 4 as much as I can.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I see i'm not the only one who watches SGB and the RunawayGuys :p

Like Mario 2. 3-D World I'll be using all 4 as much as I can.
*highfives* ¦3

I play Mario when I play alone or with family.

I play Troll Toad when I play with my friends. >¦3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love speed runs... they give me adrenaline rush... especially in Prankster Comet missions in Galaxy games. :awesome:
I prefer to just coast around, exploring the world.

Having the ability to float will give me the ability to visit locations other characters probably wouldn't be able to get to.

Having more abilities isn't "amateur". What's it's called is having an advantage.

Bringing a knife to a gunfight doesn't make you a badass. It just makes you stupid

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I guess I will play as Mario first... just to familiarize myself with the levels... and then play as Luigi or Toad just to give myself a challenge... Luigi for his poor traction and high jumps... Toad for his high speed and poor jumps... and play as Peach for casual fun, prancing around, looking pretty in pink, and floating around. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really? Source? (I'm too lazy to search myself)
What he said was that by not having Dr. Mario in future games it means Sakurai probably saw him as a mistake

You don't need to source to see he isn't in Brawl

I guess I will play as Mario first... just to familiarize myself with the levels... and then play as Luigi or Toad just to give myself a challenge... Luigi for his poor traction and high jumps... Toad for his high speed and poor jumps... and play as Peach for casual fun, prancing around, looking pretty in pink, and floating around. :awesome:
Sorry I don't take COMPETITIVE MARIO seriously

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh man those felt so hype. THE MUSIC, THE TIMER, THE RED AURA. IT'S JUST SO AHGRHGRKABRGRBJHA
I loved Speedy Comet in Orbit for Galaxy 1

But NOTHING gives you a scare and a rush like "Hurry!" from Galaxy 2.

Sounds like the whole universe is going to die.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
*highfives* ¦3

I play Mario when I play alone or with family.

I play Troll Toad when I play with my friends. >¦3
I played Mario games alot with my Mother when I was younger. We had a blast with em. We occasionally still fire up Mario 3 when I visit and she has the time. See who can get the most lives because we know the game like the back of our hands

D

Deleted member

And yet only two of those characters were actually cut and not just low-priority and victims of time restraints.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And yet only two of those characters were actually cut and not just low-priority and victims of time restraints.
I don't really have any proof but I think they were kept for awhile during the development process to "fold" them into other characters, kind of like taking pieces off a LEGO creation and using them to make something else. Pikachu gained some properties of Pichu, Mario gained some properties of Dr. Mario, Young Link became Toon Link, Ike shared some similarities with Roy, and Lucario shared some similarities with Mewtwo.

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
So on topic: is anyone else worried about 3DS customization? Won't it affect balance, people without a 3DS, tournaments and all that jazz?

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
How exactly is he implying that?
Nevermind. However, him saying "at least" when refering to Sakurai getting wise to how bad Dr Mario was of an idea is kind of stupid since Superbot won't get a chance to show if they can handle essential cuts well or not.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So on topic: is anyone else worried about 3DS customization? Won't it affect balance, people without a 3DS, tournaments and all that jazz?

Here's a simple way to fix it: Don't allow customized characters in tournaments.

That's reffering to Nintendo, they should simply not allow you to select custom characters for that mode.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I'm not going to assume or worry about anything until its finalized and I have access to it in my hands.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Care to explain? How does having a different moveset, or having a higher damage output, or whatever it was Sakurai said you could port into a Wii U from a 3DS NOT affect everyone else?

Simple. Tournaments wouldn't let you use it.

@Moon Monkey: I'm not exactly Dr. Mario's biggest fan, either. At least the Links come from different timelines, and are therefore different people in-universe.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Nevermind. However, him saying "at least" when refering to Sakurai getting wise to how bad Dr Mario was of an idea is kind of stupid since Superbot won't get a chance to show if they can handle essential cuts well or not.
It's pretty sad since Superbot did legitimately care about PSASBR and they really wanted it to be successful. Hell, the guys were willing to work on it as long as they possibly could.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Here's a simple way to fix it: Don't allow customized characters in tournaments.
That's reffering to Nintendo, they should simply not allow you to select custom characters for that mode.
Nintendo doesn't organize tournaments or endorse a rule set. It's all up to the players.

Assuming we can customize characters I doubt they'll be allowed since so many things can be changed and keeping track of things to analyze and attempt to regulate would be a headache for TOs.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Care to explain? How does having a different moveset, or having a higher damage output, or whatever it was Sakurai said you could port into a Wii U from a 3DS NOT affect everyone else?
For starters, we know jack squat on what to expect at all in this customization thing so there's no point of freaking out over something that has yet to get any details on (when we get the full details, THEN I can understand why people might freak out). And if this customization does lead into broken characters then simply ban them from competitive stuff (just like we banned Brawl's Stage Builder). Plus I do more casual plays on Smash then competitive stuff (I've been in tournaments and been dead last on both of them). Smash is for fun to me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Happy Birthday, FalKoopa.

And Dr. Mario was fully planned for Brawl, so no, Sakurai never saw him as a mistake. He just wasn't high priority, understandably so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom