• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well I haven't played that one yet. I just bought FE9, I really don't have the money to buy another $60+ old game right now.
Ah I see. FE9 is one of my favorites in the series. It has quite a great story, honestly I think its the best story in the series but thats probably just me.

FE10 is a sequel to it on the Wii. When you can think about getting it

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Look at this statement on Animal Crossing Wiki:
Unlike what most people think, centipedes are not insects.
No **** they aren't insects

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Going back to today's Sakurai's pic of the day: The message he wrote with the pic
Pic of the day.
The Yellow Devil appeared in the first Mega Man game, but…?
To me he's really making it sound like he'll finish this sentence tomorrow. I hope that's case as tomorrow it'll be 3 weeks since Smash was revealed and I'd love to hear more information right now.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Insects = 6 legged bugs. Simple as that (though for the jokers, no, cutting off 2 legs off a spider dont make em an insect).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
FE10 is a sequel to it on the Wii. When you can think about getting it
Well first I have to finish FE9. And I have a crapton of other games I need to play/finish as well. Plus right now I'm trying to think about saving for my future.

#FirstWorldProblems

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Going back to today's Sakurai's pic of the day: The message he wrote with the picTo me he's really making it sound like he'll finish this sentence tomorrow. I hope that's case as tomorrow it'll be 3 weeks since Smash was revealed and I'd love to hear more information right now.
Same Sakurai Time. Same Sakurai Place.

I do hope he finishes the thought.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Going back to today's Sakurai's pic of the day: The message he wrote with the picTo me he's really making it sound like he'll finish this sentence tomorrow. I hope that's case as tomorrow it'll be 3 weeks since Smash was revealed and I'd love to hear more information right now.
Maybe the "but" is the fact the background is wily castle from Mega Man 2

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Look, can't we just agree that Mario, Luigi, Bowser, and Peach are fine on their own?
Yeah but there's still a side of me that wants Waluigi in as a Wario character. As far as I'm concerned Mario, Zelda, and Kirby are the big franchises that are already complete but there are some people that could be added from them that would be interesting.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Same. The game needs more love :<
I was really going for JRPG reps back when speculation for PSASBR meant something. My most wanted third party was Yu Narukami from Persona 4. (I was pushing for Dart as his rival also)

Oh hey Aylas. Haven't seen you since i left the Project Axis forum. (forgot about it completely actually)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just wanted Crash and Spyro

But I don't like how the game turned out anyway

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I was soo disappointed in the reboot they made for Crash.
They made him sound like Donnie from the Wild Thornberries.
I was equally disappointed in all 3 Spyro reboots. R.I.P Sparx.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A problem with PSAS' roster include the dumb decision of only having a mere 20 characters without any unlocking then use DLC to finish (not expand) the game. Plus half of the roster felt like they were added mostly because of marketing purposes rather than being iconic to Sony's history.

So yeah, PSAS has one of the most poorly planned rosters I've seen in the gaming world.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Anyway, it's been confirmed that Sony MIGHT return to All-Stars one day. With a different style though.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-an-xbox-one-exclusive-is-part-of-growing-up/

A problem with PSAS' roster include the dumb decision of only having a mere 20 characters without any unlocking then use DLC to finish (not expand) the game. Plus half of the roster felt like they were added mostly because of marketing purposes rather than being iconic to Sony's history.

So yeah, PSAS has one of the most poorly planned rosters I've seen in the gaming world.
Not really. Most of the roster actually belonged and the only reason why Raiden and DmC Dante were in it was because Capcom and Konami wouldn't allow them to use the characters they actually wanted to add. (Classic Dante and Solid Snake) Big Daddy is literally the only character who should not have been in the game. (I find it funny how Heihachi was the only truly deserving third party rep that they could get)

Also take into account that they weren't given a big enough budget and the bad PR.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I was soo disappointed in the reboot they made for Crash.
They made him sound like Donnie from the Wild Thornberries.
I was equally disappointed in all 3 Spyro reboots. R.I.P Sparx.
Never played them. Watched cutscenes of them. Don't plan on playing them.

I miss the old Crash and Spyro. :<

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Not to mention Cole and Evil Cole are separate characters. What. :glare:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Not to mention Cole and Evil Cole are separate characters. What. :glare:
Blame Sucker Punch for that. They had Superbot by the balls when it came to getting a rep. (they wanted two reps....no Sly Cooper doesn't count as their character anymore)

Superbot is not like Sakurai. They didn't have full access to all the first/second party IP's. They had to ask for permission to get all the characters from the companies that work on the games.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How is Big Daddy not worthy of being in PS Allstars?

They needed a good new rep from a new modern day third party franchise.

BioShock's pretty popular. Don't see how he wasn't worthy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How is Big Daddy not worthy of being in PS Allstars?

They needed a good new rep from a new modern day third party franchise.

BioShock's pretty popular. Don't see how he wasn't worthy.
Do you associate Bioshock solely with Sony?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
He JUST said that on the last page

I still have no idea who Dart is

SHUT UP! I CAN'T READ! :p

Dart is from an RPG called Legend of Dragoon that was exclusive to the PS1. One of the best RPGs of all time IMO. Had an amazing fighting syetm too, interactive and not boring even though it was a turn based combat system.

And on PSAS. The game is dead. It died for a reason. It had MUCH potential but was completely wasted. I pushed SO hard for that game, I was the only guy really pushing tournaments and keeping things alive until Sony said themselves it was dead... Then it was time for me to quit :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For me in 3D World, I use Luigi on pretty much every game that gives us him (Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 64 DS, Super Mario Advance 2, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, you name it).

Dat high jumping

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I am definitely going to main Toad in Super Mario 3D World. :awesome:
I'm always Blue Toad in honor of the mighty "Troll Toads" Matthew Metelli and ProtonJob in SGB and RunawayGuys, and that certainly won't change with 3D World. He's faster than everyone too? Toad is still top dawg, *******. ¦3

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm using peach. I prefer being able to float
I think Peach's floating ability is pretty much the same as FLUDD's hover nozzle in Sunshine. Didn't the developers say that Peach is for beginner players in one of the interviews? I am picking Toad because said interview stated that Toad is for advanced players and is suited for speed runs.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Peach's floating ability is pretty much the same as FLUDD's hover nozzle in Sunshine. Didn't the developers say that Peach is for beginner players in one of the interviews? I am picking Toad because said interview stated that Toad is for advanced players and is suited for speed runs.
I really don't care about speed runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom