• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
The Halberd stage had the best music choices imo, but the stage wasn't good for competiton. Maybe they could make an option for all music to be accessible to all stages? ...But that would ruin the theme of the stage..decisions decisions decisions <_>

Or they could just make a neutral kirby stage :D
I dunno. Halberd is a counterpick stage, and I ended up playing there all the time (not from my own counterpicks, mind you).

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Just kidding. I don't really think he will make it back though. I used to be a fan. They ruined him after Adventure 2 for me. Last good game in my opinion. :sadeyes:
Heroes, The Advance series, Battle, Rush, Rush Adventure, Unleashed, Black Knight, Colors, Generations. Were pretty great.

Shadow and 06 while eh. Had their fair share of good moments as well as tracks too.

Have you been living under a rock? Under all of IGN's irrational Sonic hatred?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Rivals was also a good series, too.

Shadow really wasn't a Sonic game. Also, YMMV on those. Heroes was not bad, and I liked 06 and Shadow, but I couldn't get into any console versions since. For handhelds, I only liked Battle, Rush Adventure, Tails Adventure, and the Rivals series. That's... all. I did like Sonic 1-3, Knuckles, and CD. Chaotix I haven't gotten to work yet, so yeah.

Morbi

Scavenger
Heroes, The Advance series, Battle, Rush, Rush Adventure, Unleashed, Black Knight, Colors, Generations. Were pretty great.

Shadow and 06 while eh. Had their fair share of good moments as well as tracks too.

Have you been living under a rock? Under all of IGN's irrational Sonic hatred?
I thought Heroes was OK. I am not really digging the new direction though. I mean a Werehog? What the living? They just have too much emphasis on these party games. I didn't really like Black Knight or Unleashed. I tried to give them a chance though.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I thought Heroes was OK. I am not really digging the new direction though. I mean a Werehog? What the living? They just have too much emphasis on these party games. I didn't really like Black Knight or Unleashed. I tried to give them a chance though.
Fair enough. I mean the series isn't for everyone. Sorry if I kinda snapped.. It's my favorite series ever ^^; has been since I played Sonic 2 on the Genesis as my first game as a kid

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Why does everyone think it's inevitable that Sonic would get cut? Do people realize the colossal ****storm that would occur if he was cut? People were BEGGING for Sonic for how many years before he got put in Brawl? Just because he was in one game doesn't mean people no longer want him.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Why does everyone think it's inevitable that Sonic would get cut? Do people realize the colossal ****storm that would occur if he was cut? People were BEGGING for Sonic for how many years before he got put in Brawl? Just because he was in one game doesn't mean people no longer want him.
Also I think the recent Nintendo/Sega deal makes him all the more likely

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know Geno has no chance in hell, but I'd love some music from Super Mario RPG. The Forest Maze song is perfect for a Pikmin stage.
I'd like music from any of the Mario RPGs because Yoko Shimomura has impressed me with every Mario game she has composed for. One Mario RPG theme I argue absolutely hast to be in SSB4 is the final boss theme from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sonic getting cut in SSB4 would cause a massive ****storm coming from what's considered by some to be one of the worst fanbases to exist...

I shudder at the thought. I fear for the day Sonic is disconfirmed... if it happens, that is.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Sonic getting cut in SSB4 would cause a massive ****storm coming from what's considered by some to be one of the worst fanbases to exist...

I shudder at the thought. I fear for the day Sonic is disconfirmed... if it happens, that is.
Yes.. It would be a scary day. I say that as a Sonic fan who is ashamed to be part of his fanbase due to the vocal majority... ^^; lets hope it doesn't happen

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I would be. Recently, Nintendo and Sega have been like this:

with all these Nintendo exclusives.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I grew up on the Genesis Sonics so they are my love. I liked having Green Hill Zone, Emerald Hill Zone, Angel Island, Scrap Brain Zone, etc. theme in Brawl.

I always loved Wing Fortress theme from Sonic 2. Just like Megaman 2 is the gem from Megaman, Sonic 2, to me, is the best Sonic game out there and the height of his series. I would love more theme songs from that game as well as the level in the next game being from Sonic 2.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
If Sonic does get cut, I wouldn't be surprised.
But why? You hear Sakurai and he says that Megaman is the 2nd most requested 3rd party character, so we had to include him. SECOND. Does that mean it's totally okay to just not have the MOST requested third party?

Keep in mind I say this as someone who is not a Sonic fanboy by any means and who actually hates almost all of his fanbase (although I did like SA1 and 2).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yes.. It would be a scary day. I say that as a Sonic fan who is ashamed to be part of his fanbase due to the vocal majority... ^^; lets hope it doesn't happen

This.

It'd also look shady and awful as hell if Sakurai cut Sonic after Nintendo just cut a new deal with Sega. I don't see those implications being good for business between two companies that are pretty friendly.

Sonic is one of the most safe veterans of the series. He's pretty much here to stay. If anything he is the PRIMARY third party character. Snake might've been revealed first, but Sonic''s the one that will ALWAYS be here as far as I'm concerned.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It is sad that Sonic caused such a delay in Brawl and half his moves were the same. I think either the Down Smash or Up Smash can be changed and at least one of his two rolling specials. Maybe there is a way to give him another Up B since Megaman stole his?

volbound1700

Smash Master
One of Sonics' creators recently stated in an interview that he wants Sonic to return into Smash saying it would be "awesome" but told reporter to talk to Nintendo on those matters. The link was is in a thread that was locked in the Character discussion on here.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
But why? You hear Sakurai and he says that Megaman is the 2nd most requested 3rd party character, so we had to include him. SECOND. Does that mean it's totally okay to just not have the MOST requested third party?

Keep in mind I say this as someone who is not a Sonic fanboy by any means and who actually hates almost all of his fanbase (although I did like SA1 and 2).
As a Sonic fanboy I apologize for a huge part of this fanbase.. Lol

Morbi

Scavenger

This.

It'd also look shady and awful as hell if Sakurai cut Sonic after Nintendo just cut a new deal with Sega. I don't see those implications being good for business between two companies that are pretty friendly.

Sonic is one of the most safe veterans of the series. He's pretty much here to stay. If anything he is the PRIMARY third party character. Snake might've been revealed first, but Sonic''s the one that will ALWAYS be here as far as I'm concerned.
It is sad that Sonic caused such a delay in Brawl and half his moves were the same. I think either the Down Smash or Up Smash can be changed and at least one of his two rolling specials. Maybe there is a way to give him another Up B since Megaman stole his?
One of Sonics' creators recently stated in an interview that he wants Sonic to return into Smash saying it would be "awesome" but told reporter to talk to Nintendo on those matters. The link was is in a thread that was locked in the Character discussion on here.

All of you guys are giving me hope for Sonic. He is somebody I really want to return. I do want him to have a completely new move-set though. I mean that is the one reason I don't use him in Brawl. He probably had the most generic move-set in the game. So yeah. I am praying to the Elder Gods that Sonic makes it. :sonic:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
They could always give him Chaos Control or Tails if need be.

Edit: Or one of his various Tornado attacks

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

I know that. The reason I'm saying that is simply because of the fact the Sonic along with Snake are guest characters, and they always have a trend of being exclusive to just one game regardless of their popularity.

So by the chance if Sonic does get the boot, I won't be so down compared to others.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hmm. Sonic & Tails being a team at some part in the franchise could be an interesting way to get another classic third party video game character in without using up any spots that could be reserved for a Nintendo legend.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I know that. The reason I'm saying that is simply because of the fact the Sonic along with Snake are guest characters, and they always have a trend of being exclusive to just one game regardless of their popularity.

So by the chance if Sonic does get the boot, I'll won't be so down compared to others.

Other fighting games with guest characters aren't Smash Brothers though. There's a difference in say the guest characters in Soul Calibur (Darth Vader and Yoda vs Ivy Valentine) than Sonic vs Mario.

Morbi

Scavenger

So by the chance if Sonic does get the boot, I'll won't be so down compared to others.
We don't have an established trend for SSB though. We only got guest characters in Brawl.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Other fighting games with guest characters aren't Smash Brothers though. There's a difference in say the guest characters in Soul Calibur (Darth Vader and Yoda vs Ivy Valentine) than Sonic vs Mario.
Agreed. In most fighting games (like SC), guest characters are pretty irrelevant and are obviously one offs. One aspect of this is that in a game where there are a bunch of original characters along with 2 or 3 random additions, it makes no sense. Smash is an all-star game, with the fighters coming from different franchises as the entire point. The characters that are in each iteration join the Smash canon. There's no reason why they should be treated like guests for the generic 2d fighters.

Morbi

Scavenger
There's no reason why they should be treated like guests for the generic 2d fighters.
Did I read that post wrong... or did you just call 2d fighters generic? Which would be really weird considering that Smash is a 2d fighter. I see you first points though.

At the same time most people think Snake will go.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Did I read that post wrong... or did you just call 2d fighters generic? Which would be really weird considering that Smash is a 2d fighter. I see you first points though.

At the same time most people think Snake will go.
When I say the generic 2d fighters, I mean the ones that are not Smash.

Morbi

Scavenger
When I say the generic 2d fighters, I mean the ones that are not Smash.
Um... so you mean like KoF, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs Capcom, Darkstalkers, Guilty Gear, and Skullgirls? That is an interesting opinion. I guess I am on the Smash Boards. Lol.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So what would this pose to Pac-Man though? Will we get Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man?

Still finding Pac-Man most low-priority in means of 3rd Parties tho, unless he was planned all way along. But it'd then mean three 3rd parties being represented... I guess a last stand and time when we'll see any of them.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't mind 3 third party reps or even more if they make sense in Nintendo history and gaming and have the longvity to stick to the series like a majority of the Nintendo franchise reps do.

If we got Mega Man, Pac Man, and Sonic. Those are ideal to me at least because all 3 are gaming icons the likes of Mario, Link, etc.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Despite that his chances probably has been pretty much crushed flat like a pancake I guess. I will still have this itsy bitsy tiny little hope that Layton is getting in..... He likely wont but oh well... :/

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I think that if Sonic returns, than Snake will return too. Unless Sakarai and Kojima just got into this big fight and broke up.
I'm not so sure about Snake but I wouldn't be against him returning but, if they really wanted to they could alter Snakes moves somewhat and hand them over to an Advanced Wars character if the need arose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom