• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Would it be Sword Valley? The Gaur Plains? Prison Island? Something else? That's my main question if it gets a stage haha.
Probably all of the above. I imagine it will probably take place on Bionis' Leg or the Head overlooking Mechonis or whatever it is called.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm hoping we get moar stages from franchises that don't have character reps.
I don't really want that. The speculation would be rampant if they were revealed before the character. I mean what would you suggest? SSB is all about putting iconic franchises together. We already have most of them. I just can't really think of any franchises that aren't already in the game that deserve the spotlight. I mean no doubt it could work. I definitely expect everyone on the roster to have their own stage first (Not each character... but each series).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't really want that. The speculation would be rampant if they were revealed before the character. I mean what would you suggest? SSB is all about putting iconic franchises together. We already have most of them. I just can't really think of any franchises that aren't already in the game that deserve the spotlight. I mean no doubt it could work. I definitely expect everyone on the roster to have their own stage first (Not each character... but each series).

Pac-Man. A true Dr. Mario stage. A lot of Namco stuff as is.(I do hope we at least see some cameos from Namco series, even if we don't get a Fighter. Stickers, Music, Trophies...) Where's mah Tetris Fighter/Stage/Sticker/Trophy?

Where's Quest 64 stuff?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Starfy, maybe?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
If only Ogre Battle were part Nintendo. I'd love to see some of its stuff in smash.. But alas that is a pipe dream [Ogre Battle 64 and March of the Black Queen are 2 of my all time favorite games haha]

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not all that hot on Paper Mario becoming a playable character but I absolutely support Paper Mario getting it's own stage and I was genuinely surprised when it didn't get one in Brawl. Kirby's Epic Yarn is also ripe for a stage too along with Wario Land: Shake It.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If only Ogre Battle were part Nintendo. I'd love to see some of its stuff in smash.. But alas that is a pipe dream [Ogre Battle 64 and March of the Black Queen are 2 of my all time favorite games haha]

Not much of a fan of the series, but seeing an Ogre in Smash would be cool. No, Donkey Kong is not ugly enough to count. :p

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm not all that hot on Paper Mario becoming a playable character but I absolutely support Paper Mario getting it's own stage and I was genuinely surprised when it didn't get one in Brawl. Kirby's Epic Yarn is also ripe for a stage too along with Wario Land: Shake It.
The Glitz Pit in glorious HD. Or heck Koopa Brothers Fortress... Or.. Wow Paper Mario has too many areas i'd love to see as smash stages

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can see Capcom maybe giving Nintendo the okay to do an Ace Attorney stage for the 3DS version.

Imagine how crazy fighting in a courtroom with giant speech balloons as stage hazards.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am hoping for a Luigi's Mansion/2 stage. I mean a better one. Maybe like Castle Siege transitions. (When Luigi looks at a mirror with his gameboy it warps him to the Foyer). There are several rooms in the Mansion that would be a cool stage. The dinner room? A boss stage (like the babies or the roof top)? The foyer? The ball room? It would be sick.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I disagree. Some series may not be character driven, yet possible to make a stage out of them. PictoChat is one such example.

In fact, I think the possibility of stages based on series without playable characters is here in the new Smash Bros. with the Nintendogs stage. I highly doubt that series has a character that could work on Smash. Playable realistic dogs wouldn't be a good idea in many people's eyes, not to mention that every character is toy-sized in that stage, so it would look awkward too.

Morbi

Scavenger
I disagree. Some series may not be character driven, yet possible to make a stage out of them. PictoChat is one such example.

In fact, I think the possibility of stages based on series without playable characters is here in the new Smash Bros. with the Nintendogs stage. I highly doubt that series has a character that could work on Smash. Playable realistic dogs wouldn't be a good idea in many people's eyes, not to mention that every character is toy-sized in that stage, so it would look awkward too.
Yeah. I have no problem with it as long as we get all of the important stages first. I just cant think of any series that deserves the slot is all. :awesome:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I think most people hated Hanenbow for the same reason they hated 75m. There were too many small platforms. It was distracting (which would sometimes contribute to lag). It's color pallet was annoying. The platforms were intractable (they could interrupt attacks). The music sucked. It was more irritable than anything. Characters with bad recovery (like Wolf) had a hard time. I don't know. I thought 75m was worse. But Hanenbow also sucked.
But, I hated Hanenbow, but loved 75m...

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Hanenbow was by far my least favorite stage. It sounded too quiet because of the whole create your own music concept. A Xenoblade stage would most likely be massive due to the scope of the game. I enjoyed most of Brawl's stages. I just dislike when I'm with certain people who only want to play one stage.....Final Destination. Gets old quickly for me. Psyched for a Mario Galaxy stage

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually would like to see a stage based on Nintendo hardware, like fighting on top of giant sized Nintendo systems. There would be two versions of the stage: the 3DS version would feature handheld consoles like Game Boy, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS, while the Wii U version would feature home consoles such as the NES, Nintendo 64 and GameCube.

Its music selection would feature music from built-in software (such as Wii's Mii Channel or 3DS's AR Games) as well as music from other games not represented otherwise.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I actually would like to see a stage based on Nintendo hardware, like fighting on top of giant sized Nintendo systems. There would be two versions of the stage: the 3DS version would feature handheld consoles like Game Boy, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS, while the Wii U version would feature home consoles such as the NES, Nintendo 64 and GameCube.

Its music selection would come from built-in software music (such as Wii's Mii Channel or 3DS's AR Games) as well as music from other games not represented otherwise.
The hazards of the NES platform would be someone blowing into it to make it work again. Obviously [If its like my NES anyways... haha] and you could be thrown off!

Morbi

Scavenger
Everyone is different. Stage taste is subjective. I just think that most people agree that those stages are difficult to fight in. I mean I love stages/maps that other people hate. If anyone is familiar with CoD everyone loves Nuketown/Dome/Hijacked (literally the most voted for maps in each of the recent games). I absolutely hate those maps with a burning passion. I love Hanoi/Downturn/Drone (these are popular maps to hate). It is just that I hate the crazy hazardous stages on Brawl. I like the safer stages. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It's pretty much this. 75m had more than just a hard to fight in area at times. It had its own music. Hanenbow was hard to play on and didn't have a neat theme to listen to.

I mean, neither stage was terrible, mind you. But Hanenbow even had issues with Tether Recoveries. :facepalm:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
75m, Hanenbow, Mario Bros were all the bane of my existence.

I just don't particularly like stages with a gimmick that gets in the way of their functionality.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I liked Hanenbow but hated 75m. I felt hanenbow was a unique stages from brawl and since the game it came from was based on the stage concept, I was okay with not having other soundtracks to it. Never really had much of a problem with the moving leaves either.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I liked Hanenbow but hated 75m. I felt hanenbow was a unique stages from brawl and since the game it came from was based on the stage concept, I was okay with not having other soundtracks to it. Never really had much of a problem with the moving leaves either.
I think the moving leaves were the big reason why I didn't like it. No music may have also been secondary to that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Something I think would be cool would be a stage that goes through the history of a franchise, like instead of going from place to place, you'd go from game to game. Something I could imagine is a Zelda stage called "Dungeon Crawl" that covers dungeons from the original, LTTP, OoT, MM, WW, TP, and SS. If I had to choose the dungeons, the original would get a generic dungeon layout with 8 bit stalfos, like-likes, etc, LTTP would get the Palace of Darkness complete with a Helmasaur King, OoT would get the Forest Temple with wolfos, poes, and, of course, Phantom Ganon, MM would get a rotating Stone Tower, WW would get the Wind Temple complete with jet streams, TP would get Arbiters Grounds complete with Stallord, and, of course, SS would get Ancient Cistern with Koloktos.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Something I think would be cool would be a stage that goes through the history of a franchise, like instead of going from place to place, you'd go from game to game. Something I could imagine is a Zelda stage called "Dungeon Crawl" that covers dungeons from the original, LTTP, OoT, MM, WW, TP, and SS. If I had to choose the dungeons, the original would get a generic dungeon layout with 8 bit stalfos, like-likes, etc, LTTP would get the Palace of Darkness complete with a Helmasaur King, OoT would get the Forest Temple with wolfos, poes, and, of course, Phantom Ganon, MM would get a rotating Stone Tower, WW would get the Wind Temple complete with jet streams, TP would get Arbiters Grounds complete with Stallord, and, of course, SS would get Ancient Cistern with Koloktos.
This would be the best. Props for the idea.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

The problem with this is the art styles changing from game to game.

I think you'd end up with an idea that sounds awesome on paper, but would be hard to program into the game.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I always wanted a final boss battle to be something epic like that. For instance, a grand boss fight against bowser with a zillion stages where each stage of the fight is a tribute to a different mario game

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'd like to see a Venus or Mars Lighthouse stage. Regardless of Golden Sun getting a playable character or not. Dragons, may or may not be included as hazards xD.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Every time, those games, I think of the Queen songs. Seriously, good stuff.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm hoping we get moar stages from franchises that don't have character reps.
Don't expect many of those. Although if there are it will probably come from the AT Trio, Rhythm Heaven and Nintendo Land.
I wouldn't hold my breath on a Wario Land stage. We'll probably get a new WarioWare. Either Diamond City or WarioWare 2 (the least exciting option).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I do wish there was more content from Wario Land games, in terms of music, trophies, sticks, and stuff like that. There should be generally a good blend of WarioWare and Wario Land in my opinion.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
A Wario Shake It or Wario World stage would be great for consoles. Same with Wario Land in terms of handhelds.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Would personally like to see a Shake It stage be set for the Wii U version while a WarioWare stage be set for the 3DS version.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Indeed, I don't still see why Sakurai has to neglect WarioLand, it's not very good for those who grew up with that game series back before WarioWare even existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom