• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I do wish there was more content from Wario Land games, in terms of music, trophies, sticks, and stuff like that. There should be generally a good blend of WarioWare and Wario Land in my opinion.
This. I was disappointed to see so little Wario Land stuff in Brawl. Would be great if we could have exclusive stages for Wario so we could get WarioWare and Wario Land stages.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Perhaps I'm the only one that has never been impressed with the Wario Land series. All I want is Diamond City with a lot of WarioWare cameos.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well it's more like being fair. There are two series related to Wario, so naturally there should be a balance between those series. It shouldn't be lopsided, like with Brawl focusing heavily on WarioWare.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wario Land 3 was, like, one of the best games I've played. It was also my first Game Boy game, having received it as a birthday gift alongside the handheld console itself.

I have been doing a new playthrough on my 3DS. The game is easily a must have for those who have a 3DS.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wario Land 3 was, like, one of the best games I've played. It was also my first Game Boy game, having received it as a birthday gift alongside the handheld console itself.

I have been doing a new playthrough on my 3DS. The game is easily a must have for those who have a 3DS.

All this. One of the most best platformers Nintendo has ever done. Cleared it twice (at least the final boss) yet I feel inclined to go for 100% clear.

And pretty much what Habanero said. I'm not against WarioWare, just against the fact that we have to neglect WarioLand in return because we have WarioWare. What's the reason anyway?
Is it because WarioWare's so much more accessible to the audience and Wario Land was "too obscure" or too "core" to be along as the content for the game?

I mean yeah, it was a platformer too, but like Brawl wasn't plagued by series which were platformer-based anyway.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've played Wario Lands 2, 3, and 4 thus far. I do own them all, though. I really liked the series, and do like his moves.

I don't know why he didn't want to reference it. It sounds like WarioWare gathered his fancy more. But eh. I'm not a fan of WarioWare myself, even if I like some of the characters. Like Ashley, Kat and Ana, and Mona.

D

Deleted member

So where is the link that disconfirm alternate costume? I know I heard about that (which I'm disappointed by really, it means no Wario Land Wario and Mewtwo probably won't get his original form back :( ) and I'd like to just make sure.

Also I loved Wario Land 3. Great game, spent many, many hours on it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
IMO Game & Wario (and D.I.Y) were bit subpar in means of being WarioWare-titles. The weirdness was still there, but I think it seems like they stopped with the whole "system showcase"-pattern since Touched. And what we got in return was a lot way hit-or-miss. Game & Wario especially.

Such a shame, I would have really digged 3DS WarioWare. Just think what all kinds of crazy ideas it could have done with the 3D-effect.

SSBF: I think it was more about alternative costume stuff not being transferrable to 3DS version or something with customizable characters? Could be wrong.)

(Hahahah our avatars BTW)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So where is the link that disconfirm alternate costume? I know I heard about that (which I'm disappointed by really, it means no Wario Land Wario and Mewtwo probably won't get his original form back :( ) and I'd like to just make sure.
That's not what he meant. He means we can't customize a character's costumes at all. Alternate ones are not de-confirmed whatsoever.

However, we may be able to customize their moves slightly from how he spoke of it.

Also I loved Wario Land 3. Great game, spent many, many hours on it.

4 was also fairly good.

Actually, the only ones I've played of disappoint was Master of Disguise. It wasn't bad, but kind of eh.

D

Deleted member

That's not what he meant. He means we can't customize a character's costumes at all. Alternate ones are not de-confirmed whatsoever.

However, we may be able to customize their moves slightly from how he spoke of it.
Good to hear. I though the overall Wario costume was gone for good.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Good to hear. I though the overall Wario costume was gone for good.

Yeah. I may not like WW that much, but I wouldn't take away either costume. The character deserves references for both of his successful series.

Honestly, I just as much expect some references to every MegaMan series in some way too. X, Legends, etc. As long as it's something.

Also, related, I think Sakurai might finally at least given Impa a damn trophy this time. She did deserve one at the very least.

grizby2

Smash Lord
wario land is where wario SHOULD have gotten his moveset from in the first place! UURRGG!

project M got it right with the shoulder charge. that's one of wario's signature moves. come on sakurai... >:|

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
His Forward Smash was his Shoulder Charge. He's not without Wario Land moves in Brawl. I agree it should've been more Wario Land-based, though.

I really didn't like his Gross Out style, but I wouldn't trade him wiggling his butt for any new taunt in the world. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

[
I still find this to be humorous. Wonder if the Krystal fanboys created drama over this.
Young Horsetail said:
(Hahahah our avatars BTW)
Well a dog is a man's best friend, so...
Yeah. I may not like WW that much, but I wouldn't take away either costume. The character deserves references for both of his successful series.

Honestly, I just as much expect some references to every MegaMan series in some way too. X, Legends, etc. As long as it's something.
ZAlso, related, I think Sakurai might finally at least given Impa a damn trophy this time. She did deserve one at the very least.
At the very least, I'm hoping for trophies for X, Zero, Volnutt, .exe, Star Force, Zero (Mega Man Zero) and ZX.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
.At the very least, I'm hoping for trophies for X, Zero, Volnutt, .exe, Star Force, Zero (Mega Man Zero) and ZX.

Same. If Stickers don't return, that is. I hope for music from each series at the very least. I was still weirded out that we got Sonic 2006 instrumental music, but nothing from Shadow The Hedgehog, which was on Nintendo systems.

I know that once a character get in, non-Nintendo stuff will/could get mentions sometimes.

But eh, let's be honest, Shadow's game may not have been received well, but the music was as popular as ever.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

I still find this to be humorous. Wonder if the Krystal fanboys created drama over this.
The amount of drama that came out of this is surprisingly minimal. I was expecting a lot more butthurt, though at the same time I do doubt how many of those losers actually know about the character and are simply harboring on her because boobs.

I was still weirded out that we got Sonic 2006 instrumental music, but nothing from Shadow The Hedgehog, which was on Nintendo systems.
It's implied that Shadow the Hedgehog is an old shame, considering the events of that game were never brought up again in later titles in the Sonic The Hedgehog series.

volbound1700

Smash Master
My least favorite stages was the Metaknight Airship stage, Smashville, Underground Lvl 1-2 Super Mario Brothers, and the F-Zero stage.

They all were almost unplayable in 4 player games except for SMB Level 1-2 which was just annoying. I loved picking up Kirby Warp star and hitting the top of the bricks and dying instantly. Lots of fun.

Brawl didn't have many great 4 player stages like Melee. Melee at least has Green Greens, Corneria, Hyrule Temple, and Great Bay that was great for 4 player stages and were not gimmicky.

Also let's not forget Game & Watch stage for Brawl which was very annoying.

IMO 75mm and Mario Brothers are better than the ones listed above. I just hate short stages because all you can do is 1v1 and Brawl had a lot of them.

64 had best stages for 4 player, almost all of them (except Pokemon one) were great for it.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wario talk? My favorite thing is that he probably got his forward tilt from Booster from SMRPG. :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's implied that Shadow the Hedgehog is an old shame, considering the events of that game were never brought up again in later titles in the Sonic The Hedgehog series.

The music was received well, though. But that does make sense. 2006 was finished by the end of Brawl, wasn't it? I thought it was received more poorly. Also, Shadow was the only one with Assist Trophy status, so maybe it was just the game, not the character himself. Because the way he uses it in Brawl is very similar to the version in Sonic Adventure 2 and in a similar way to Sonic Heroes. I think his position might've been from his own game, though.

@volbound: MegaMan is already in Smash For. Have you checked the site at all?

volbound1700

Smash Master
The music was received well, though. But that does make sense. 2006 was finished by the end of Brawl, wasn't it? I thought it was received more poorly. Also, Shadow was the only one with Assist Trophy status, so maybe it was just the game, not the character himself. Because the way he uses it in Brawl is very similar to the version in Sonic Adventure 2 and in a similar way to Sonic Heroes. I think his post might've been from his own game, though.

@volbound: MegaMan is already in Smash For. Have you checked the site at all?

???? Are you talking about my signature?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Three letters Star: WL3.

Just... WL3.

I think that could show why we love this series so much.

Meh. Never have been a fan of the series. Link's Awakening on the other hand...

Try Tri's info thread. Sakurai's position on alternate costumes is exactly how I feel about them.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Haha, I guess I should post Megaman confirmed on it. However, my other signature (Sonic and Megaman for Brawl) lasted until I updated it in January.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. An update might help.

Also, the official names of the games are Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U. It's a pun on Four for those who didn't get it(like me at first).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Once the sig shows up for me again, Volbound, I'll comment on it.

Also, he referred to the games as Smashes 4 and 5, not specifying which was which, in an interview. That may be his reason for the pun/not fully labeling it.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Once the sig shows up for me again, Volbound, I'll comment on it.

Also, he referred to the games as Smashes 4 and 5, not specifying which was which, in an interview. That may be his reason for the pun/not fully labeling it.
I'm pleasantly surprised about the lack of backlash about the horrible names but that's basically we're all so used to calling it Smash 4 and don't mind carrying it on in that instance. However, I'm not happy about the idea that they're totally different entries to the series because... well, they're not.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pleasantly surprised about the lack of backlash about the horrible names but that's basically we're all so used to calling it Smash 4 and don't mind carrying it on in that instance. However, I'm not happy about the idea that they're totally different entries to the series because... well, they're not.

They're not technically different entries entirely. They'll have the same characters with the same moves. He's saying that they're technically both 4 and 5, that's all. He doesn't consider them the exact same game.

Notably, this is probably why he chose the names. So nobody could say which is 4 and which is 5. It lets players choose their own headcanon for that bit. I still think of it similar to Pokemon Red and Blue. I think he might too. :awesome:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
His Forward Smash was his Shoulder Charge. He's not without Wario Land moves in Brawl. I agree it should've been more Wario Land-based, though.

I really didn't like his Gross Out style, but I wouldn't trade him wiggling his butt for any new taunt in the world. :awesome:
I thought Wario was one of the most interesting and unique characters in the game. The Project M team tried to bring Wario back to his Wario Land roots and they ruined him (In my opinion. But I am a Brawl Wario main...). Personally, I see no reason to change him. Wario's current franchise is Wario Ware, and if Sakurai wants to represent that, more power to him.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think more people are so concerned about some of the other news that the name is diluted.

Btw, found out from GAF that The Wonderful 101 is a full Nintendo IP. Hopefully that means we'll get a stage. I remember there being a part in the recent 101 trailer that looked Prime for a Smash stage. I'll have to find it later.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought Wario was one of the most interesting and unique characters in the game. The Project M team tried to bring Wario back to his Wario Land roots and they ruined him (In my opinion. But I am a Brawl Wario main...). Personally, I see no reason to change him. Wario's current franchise is Wario Ware, and if Sakurai wants to represent that, more power to him.

I'm just not a fan of the gross out moves. I would've been fine without the farting and nose-picking. I liked the other stuff, though. And the butt wiggle, since we gotta have male fanservice to make up for Zamus' stuff. Snake just existing doesn't count. >_> I liked his Bike and Eating abilities as well.

I'm glad he got in, but I was expecting him to be a little more Land-based. Just a little. I won't lie, Wairo Waft is useful too, doesn't mean I like it existing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom