• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
They're not technically different entries entirely. They'll have the same characters with the same moves. He's saying that they're technically both 4 and 5, that's all. He doesn't consider them the exact same game.

Notably, this is probably why he chose the names. So nobody could say which is 4 and which is 5. It lets players choose their own headcanon for that bit. I still think of it similar to Pokemon Red and Blue. I think he might too. :awesome:
But those games are still regarded as "first generation" and then Gold/Silver was "second" etc. So no, that comparison doesn't work. These are both just different sides of Smash 4.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'm just not a fan of the gross out moves. I would've been fine without the farting and nose-picking. I liked the other stuff, though. And the butt wiggle, since we gotta have male fanservice to make up for Zamus' stuff. Snake just existing doesn't count. >_> I liked his Bike and Eating abilities as well.

I'm glad he got in, but I was expecting him to be a little more Land-based. Just a little. I won't lie, Wairo Waft is useful too, doesn't mean I like it existing. :p
Actually, that's fair. The moves that he has just because he's fat are pretty stupid. However, I think the bite is great, and I do love the fart mechanically... (insta kill or insane vertical recovery is pretty awesome). I guess I wouldn't be entirely opposed if they phased the gross-out moves out and worked more Wario Ware moves into his moveset, as long as he isn't totally butchered like in Project M. However, I think he was mainly butchered because they wanted to make him more Wario Land instead of Wario Ware.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But those games are still regarded as "first generation" and then Gold/Silver was "second" etc. So no, that comparison doesn't work. These are both just different sides of Smash 4.

Actually, it does. Both of Smash For works as the same generation of games. They're both somewhat different, yet very much alike. Same moves, same overall characters, same amount of customization(that we know of)... they're really that close to being different. And I was referring to the difference between the two. Albeit, instead of character differences, it's location(stages) differences.

@Hoots: Yeah. He has a lot of mini-games. I don't know how many got references in his moveset, though. I'm pretty sure his Bike is related to WarioWare. As for Wario-Man, was that from a WarioWare title?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think Wario Man was from a Wario Ware title, yeah. And that's actually a good question. Just how much of Brawl Wario's moveset is derived from those Wario Ware games? I honestly thought it was Sakurai putting his own unique twist on the character, giving him the awkward movement and the awkward mannerisms because Wario is just an awkward character.

I liked PM's version of Wario. I'm a little bit biased, though; like most of the others have claimed, I kinda grew up on the Wario Land series and I loved those games to bits. The Wario Ware games weren't really all that endearing to me. I'm not a big fan of compilations like that (unless they're compilations of many different self-contained games, like Super Mario All-Stars and Sonic Mega Collection). I'm not opposed to Wario getting more references to that series, though; Wario himself, regardless of his incarnation, is awesome anyway.

Smooth Criminal

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Smash Boards is pulling a ****** on us.

Also in other news, when we were briefly talking about Shadow the Hedgehog, it reminded me of this video.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Smash Boards is pulling a ****** on us.

Also in other news, when we were briefly talking about Shadow the Hedgehog, it reminded me of this video.

Vector is still the best Sonic character to ever exist.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The reason the site is derping is probably because people aren't collapsing their huge images. Just a hint.

Use the Collapse tags please.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just took a short nap.

I had a dream that Miley Cyrus was confirmed. Her final smash was her turning into Hannah Montana.

.....why dreams.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Speaking of hedgehogs. I woke up not too long ago from a dream that I was playing SA2 and K.Rool just jumped down from the sky in game. Then it turned into a down scroller boss match with multiple platforms where he'd create shockwaves by jumping from platform to platform and you had to either jump up or down to a different platform to avoid it. :ohwell:

Also: DA BOREDZ R SLO

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You still should use them anyway, since they make it take a very long time for many page to load a page. Too many do eat up people's internet quite fast.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm going to guess it's because of the million people on that one page in the Melee section. Not sure if that slows us down or not.

That's an overexaggeration, don't nitpick me please.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll go have to find a DK Barrel after I put an end to King Dedede and his chaingrabs with some ****loads of bananas. Coming straight from the original Banana Hoard. Be prepared to slip like it's 1994 *****.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Out of the original Banana Hoard? Jesus those bananas must be so incredibly moldy that you cannot even tell they were originally bananas.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Gotta say, playing Wario Land 4... it's alright, but I dislike the music and a lot of the way the game plays doesn't make sense to me.

So far I'm more impressed by Wario Ware, than Land.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Gotta say, playing Wario Land 4... it's alright, but I dislike the music and a lot of the way the game plays doesn't make sense to me.

Wario Land 3 is the best of the Wario Land series, IMO.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

What do you mean? The controls are incredibly tight and responsive, the level design is brilliant, and the game is essentially perfectly engineered.
My only gripe with Warioland 4 is that it doesn't have as much content as previous Warioland games. There's only about 18 levels, but at least it's more replayable.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Something I wish that would happen but I know never will is a fan driven OST akin to how Capcom opened SSFIIT:HD to OCRemix. The only thing that could top a collaboration such as Brawl's would be to open the door for the fans to be more involved. There are some really awesome Nintendo mixes out there.

Too bad things like this are not part of Nintendo's m.o, nor is such a thing feasible with a game like Super Smash Bros... Alas.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
That Brawl hack does look cool, though.

Yeah, let's hope we can at the very least get a Lucina costume(or perhaps a set of them like how Wario had 'em).

I actually think that'd be a great stage. If only Sakurai would see it. :awesome:

wouldn't it be cool if they gave a lot of characters alternate costumes?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
wouldn't it be cool if they gave a lot of characters alternate costumes?

I hope so. I mean we got one of Pichu's for Pikachu. But if Young Link is the main one playable, having him turn into Toon Link again would be cool via costumes. Same with all the versions of the current Ganondorf's repped. I was disappointed Sonic didn't have a costume semi-similar to Shadow. Jigglypuff could look like Clefairy. Samus had Dark Samus. Yoshi also has Boshi(assuming Square Enix gets any representation, this would be neat too). And so on.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The 3DS version can have a shop where one can buy sunglasses, hats, and bowties and place them on a character for personalizational purposes.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The 3DS version can have a shop where one can buy sunglasses, hats, and bowties and place them on a character for personalizational purposes.
Super Smash Bros. Musical confirmed.

Dress up characters in ******** costumes and watch them dance on stage in front of a crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom