• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Right right. Fountain of Dreams was actually my favorite stage, even though like you said, it's just a variation of Battlefield! The music and atmosphere was just epic.

but I was saying like, I think in the Developer direct with Sakurai, when he's playing with Mega Man, he's on like...Battlefield but there's no platforms, so it's just a flat ground like Final Destination.

Well, Brawl's Smashville was basically the type of Final Destination that was somewhat more balanced towards multiple characters. It didn't purely benefit characters like Fox/Falco. But it does sound good too.

FoD would be great to come back.

Also, in Brawl, we had another variation with the SSE's first course(it's a non-moving Pokemon Stadium 1), and the other Pokemon Stadiums. Albeit, if you remove their movements/hazards/changes, they all become very easy to fight on stages.

Same with WarioWare. I liked it outside of the overly unbalanced hazard setup.(mainly some could OHKO you or others make you freakin' invincible) -_-

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Personally speaking, I believe the wrestling stage revealed might actually be our equivalent of Final Destination, or at least an alternative to Final Destination. As it being a Punch-Out!! stage, that's a tad doubtful.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
No, the new Smashville. 3 Platforms. Mostly static. No ridiculous hazards at all.

Final Destination has no platforms at all. Even moving platforms is better, since it's more balanced overall. I'd probably say Kongo Jungle(the n64 course) would be the most balanced we can find. No hazards. Reasonable moving platforms. Doesn't heavily benefit any character type much at all. At worst, it might slightly be bad for low jumpers, but that's hard to say.

Right! But like I said, I thought I saw a version of it with no platforms in the Developer Direct, but maybe I'm wrong (I'm about to go check). When Sakurai was Mega Man, I thought I saw one without platforms.

haha I love the Kongo Jungle. I hope they do an updated version of it

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Right right. Fountain of Dreams was actually my favorite stage, even though like you said, it's just a variation of Battlefield! The music and atmosphere was just epic.

but I was saying like, I think in the Developer direct with Sakurai, when he's playing with Mega Man, he's on like...Battlefield but there's no platforms, so it's just a flat ground like Final Destination.
Judging from the looks of Animal Crossing stage, Wii Fit stage, Punch-Out!! stage, and Mega Man stage - it seems like the stages so far, at least on the Wii U version, might be more fair and balanced than most Brawl stages.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
Judging from the looks of Animal Crossing stage, Wii Fit stage, Punch-Out!! stage, and Mega Man stage - it seems like the stages so far, at least on the Wii U version, might be more fair and balanced than most Brawl stages.

I hope so. I really don't have that many complaints about Brawl, but so far I like all the stages I've seen. I love that they're just improving off of what they already have, not just scrapping and rebuilding.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
View attachment 1074

But seriously though, I mainly posted that image because you shouldn't really trust anything if it can be made with good photoshop skills and/or programming. Still, it looks pretty decent don't you think?
Hence why I stated that.

I must admit that Photoshop looks well done. Marth's model and overall low resolution background are a dead giveaway it's fake.

Seeing as the Pirate Ship from Brawl is in the background, I remind of the idea for a Wind Waker stage I had during pre-Brawl where you would travel across several islands on the Pirate Ship. Funnily enough, some of the aspects I imagined managed to appear in the Pirate Ship stage.

With the 3DS version having Gerudo Valley as one of its stages, I think there may be a Wind Waker HD stage in the Wii U version of Smash 4.

Not that I believe in patterns nor like the recentness argument, but the 3DS version has stages from the the two latest Zelda games released on a handheld, one of them a remake: Spirit Train from Spirit Tracks and Gerudo Valley from Ocarina of Time 3D, while the Wii U version has Skyloft from Skyward Sword. Going by this pattern, the other Zelda stage could be a Wind Waker HD and have one stage from the latest original release and a stage from a recently released remake.

Of course, this may not be true at all, as we could have a new Twilight Princess stage on the Wii U version or a more generic stage like the Temple from Melee.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Right! But like I said, I thought I saw a version of it with no platforms in the Developer Direct, but maybe I'm wrong (I'm about to go check). When Sakurai was Mega Man, I thought I saw one without platforms.
Who knows? It could be a beta course for all we know and never be playable outside of the original build of the game showed off. XD

haha I love the Kongo Jungle. I hope they do an updated version of it

Boring in 64. Freakin' awesome in Melee. I dunno know why, though. I liked Melee's multi-platform version, the one besides the 64 remake and Jungle Japes.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Personally speaking, I believe the wrestling stage revealed might actually be our equivalent of Final Destination, or at least an alternative to Final Destination. As it being a Punch-Out!! stage, that's a tad doubtful.
Despite the fact that what looks to be Final Destination already appears in the Developer Direct video. And here:

Whenever I would post tidbits about this, I got a couple of requests to make this its own thread, so I decided to go ahead go through with it.

So, the boxing ring stage. You've seen it, I'm sure. Some people aren't exactly sure if it's a Punch Out related stage, if it's a Kirby themed stage, or just a generic new boxing ring stage just for kicks. Well, I'm gonna tell you that this stage is a Punch Out themed stage for a multitude of reasons. So let's begin I guess...

First off, the audience is human, so you can rule out any possibility that this is a Kirby themed stage (all Kirby boxing rings have Kirby characters instead). The marquee's in the background are all dot styled, which is consistent with the marquees in Punch Out Wii, and even the title screen and round indicators for Mike Tyson's Punch Out.

Various dot styled marquee screens: http://i.imgur.com/sgmo0ru.png

All logos in Punch Out Wii are adorned with clusters of stars, which are usually in 3's because triple star punches are the most powerful punch in the game, as well as the "leaf vines" on the sides (forgive me; I don't know the term for this) and a giant star somewhere in the middle. The logo in the ring, while being smash themed, shares all of these characteristics.

3 star cluster on bottom: http://i.imgur.com/QSCAXpe.jpg
Minor/Major/World Circuit Emblems: http://i.imgur.com/oWzpteX.jpg

The ring ropes are also identical in both color and configuration as the Major Circuit ring in Punch Out Wii. Similarly, the corners are all identical colors and positions as the Punch Out Wii corners. The logo in Smash also features a ribbon at the top, which is a direct throwback to the World Circuit ribbon at the top and bottom of the logo.

Major Circuit ropes and World Circuit ribbon: http://i.imgur.com/UV4O3mB.png

Also, as a random tidbit, the ribbon in the Smash Punch Out stage says "CHAMPIONSHIP" on it, which is probably because if it straight up said "Major Circuit" on it, it would be flat out obvious. Plus since Smash Bros doesn't have "circuits", championship makes more sense in the context of the game.

The final fight in Punch Out Wii, Mr. Sandman, has a very particular entrance for both his Title Defense and Contender fights. He approaches the ring while there's a green laser light show that goes on behind him. Well, check this out...

Sandman intro: http://i.imgur.com/hvnTGDl.png
Mario in the ring: http://i.imgur.com/Odu2I7I.jpg

Same green laser show.

But yeah, there are an abundance of intentional details that suggest this stage is designed to be a Punch Out stage. There may be a few details that I'm missing, but those were all the details I seemed to notice. Unsure if this confirms Mac being a character, but at the very least there's a stage from the Punch Out series in the game.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, I will say that if there is a particular emphasis on introducing new franchises over expanding the existing ones, as implied by the first newcomers, I do have a feeling we might see some rather interesting choices in terms of content depending on what gets added.

D

Deleted member

Twerking, Impa, ponies, and twerking Impa ponies.

So glad I missed all that discussion.

And that image looked so very real, Halapeno. Did you make it? If so, kudos.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People take this Twilight Princess thing way too far. Link isn't fully based on the game. To me he still looks most like a graphically updated SS Link with a few details from TP. Much like Melee graphically updated Ocarina of Time Link significantly. I expect NO new Twilight Princess stage. Neither do I expect TP Zelda. Ganondorf could borrow details from TP though, but am thinking he might be more OoT and WW- inspired.

Gotta read the last few pages now though.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
To me he still looks most like a graphically updated SS Link with a few details from TP. Much like Melee graphically updated Ocarina of Time Link significantly
Yup. He's the basic modern Link design. Add a couple of little details and a mild shading change and boom you get either TP or SS Link.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yup. He's the basic modern Link design. Add a couple of little details and a mild shading change and boom you get either TP or SS Link.
And here's people being 100% certain that it's TP Link cause of... Boots and the gauntlets? :rolleyes: The colors, blue slashes behind the sword and Skyloft makes me think the exact opposite.

It's also noteable that SS Link and TP Link are very alike in the first place.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
And here's people being 100% certain that it's TP Link cause of... Boots and the gauntlets? :rolleyes: The colors, blue slashes behind the sword and Skyloft makes me think the exact opposite.

It's also noteable that SS Link and TP Link are very alike in the first place.
What I'm seeing is a mix between OoT, TP, and SS. Heck yeah,seeing more than you guys!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, TP and WW Link also have very similar moves, with the main exceptions being their body styles. Obviously, TP Link's returning of the Downthrust was fairly nice to see(and they do respectively have some unique stuff overall move-wise). Minish Cap had it too, of course. Also, isn't TP Link the first one who could manually do a type of taunt? I don't mean the whole "Item Get" taunt that's automatic. I mean where you could control it outside of Smash. CD-i games might've had it too, though. Haven't played 'em.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
View attachment 1073

GUYS GO ONTO THE DOJO NOW WE'VE GOT A NEW SCREENSHOT WITH NEW INFORMATION IT'S LEGIT!
S-stop... you almost gave me a heart attack. :( Not cool bro. Though technically it's my fault for being so naive. I'm usually good when it comes to these things. But I guess me quickly glancing at Lucina made me shocked.

Anyway, on the Toon Link/Young Link topic, an observation I've made:

Sakurai likes adding in little boys for each installment in Smash. Throughout history, we've gotten:

64: Ness
Melee: Young Link, Popo, Roy (ok, so he's technically 15. But he looks a lot younger)
Brawl: Lucas, Pit (he's probably a lot older being an angel and all. However, he still looks/sounds like 12), Toon Link, and PT (he's obviously 10 like Ash in the anime)

Now, for SSB4, we've already gotten a shota-looking AC villager and Mega Man (who's more like Mega Boy due to his original design being modeled after a child). That's two new boys right off the bat. However, there's still room to add in more, judging on this past pattern. A young(er) Link could still fill the spot, especially if Sakurai is running out of ideas.

In conclusion, I'm expecting there to be an additional 2-3 newcomers being little boys. A youner(er) Link could very well be one due to Sakurai's fondness of having a young(er) Link incarnation in Smash, especially if Sakurai is running out of ideas/time.

I'm srs this is a legitimate pattern!1!!1

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looks like Villager is in the city in that picture pretty cool. Fun fact Gracie or that giraffe in the background is actually a guy in the Japanese version of Animal Crossing.
I knew that Gracie was fabulous all along. :awesome: Nintendo can be a real buzzkill nowadays and are stuck up on gender roles. I mean, Sony's OK with a hairdressing male octopus in one of their few kids games, the phrase"Oh my God!" being used in another, and a creepy, but obese homosexual in that same game. I really don't see what so controversial about Luigi and Wario using that phrase in Mario Party or Heather's "preference".

D

Deleted member

Didn't make it, stole the picture from /feg/. No idea who made it so I cannot provide any particular credit.

Also it's technically jalapeño.
I know it's jalapeno, I was just putting the 'H' in Habanero in jalapeno for a joke.

And ah, kudos taken back.
It looks in particular to be a Brawl hack, judging by the Lucina model. So quite possibly, SSB4 Mario was made as a texture hack of Brawl Mario recently. And the stage is very likely a stage hack of a WW stage.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That Brawl hack does look cool, though.

Yeah, let's hope we can at the very least get a Lucina costume(or perhaps a set of them like how Wario had 'em).

I actually think that'd be a great stage. If only Sakurai would see it. :awesome:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Do you seriously have like a secret stash of FE screenshots or something? Not that I'm saying it's a bad thing, I personally have a folder with a ton of FE6 screenshots I took for no reason.

There was some stage discussion back, so I'd just like to say that I'd love to see Poke Floats come back (or maybe even Poke Floats 2). I used to hate that stage when I was younger, but now I find it really fun. Weird... Or maybe something similar but with Smash trophies? Trophy Floats? lol?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Do you seriously have like a secret stash of FE screenshots or something? Not that I'm saying it's a bad thing, I personally have a folder with a ton of FE6 screenshots I took for no reason.

There was some stage discussion back, so I'd just like to say that I'd love to see Poke Floats come back (or maybe even Poke Floats 2). I used to hate that stage when I was younger, but now I find it really fun. Weird... Or maybe something similar but with Smash trophies? Trophy Floats? lol?
That's what I'm thinking! He can literally communicate with us through FE screens :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Poke Floats was very fun. I think some were disappointed that they basically brought back Pokemon Stadium, and just made a new version of it. Although still different courses, they weren't nearly as different as Poke Floats and either Pokemon Stadium were.

Notably, the other Melee courses brought back didn't get a new course similar to them at all. Stadium 2 was kind of similar to Stadium 1.

If we get any Brawl courses back, I'd love to see Port Town Aero Drive and Pirate Ship. Luigi's Mansion might get an upgrade based upon Dark Moon, though. Mushroomy Kingdom was nice, but I want the original 64 version re-imagined with Pipes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sora fans: "We want Sora in Smash!"

News: "Kingdom Hearts is not coming to the Wii U due to certain limitations!"

Sakurai: "Fanboys, Sora is sadly deconfirmed. I'm terribly sorry."

Sora fans: "Aw, man!" :crying:

Sakurai: "At least you can have myyyyyyyyyy WII FIT DANCE! :troll:

*reveals Wii Fit Trainer doing various exercises next to Mega Man*

Sora fans: *speechless* :mad088:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Never really liked PokeFloats myself. Always felt like we got cheated out of an actual Pokemon stage or that they were running out of ideas.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I though Pokefloats was stupid but I like a lot now too. Growing to like stuff isn't a coincidence.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of Poke Floats, that stage terrified me as a kid. I guess it's my first time being exposed to something so surreal and trippy or just my early acrophobia at the time. How the **** can an Onix balloon rotate or a Squirtle balloon move its mouth?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If we get any Brawl courses back, I'd love to see Port Town Aero Drive and Pirate Ship. Luigi's Mansion might get an upgrade based upon Dark Moon, though. Mushroomy Kingdom was nice, but I want the original 64 version re-imagined with Pipes.

I'm just glad that the Halberd is basically guaranteed to come back.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Omg, the Squirtle float opening its mouth always creeped me out as a kid. I always thought it was gasping for air or something.

But yeah, I love Poke Float's chaoticness and how it always keeps you on your toes. I'd like a new stage with a similar feel if it doesn't return.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm just glad that the Halberd is basically guaranteed to come back.

...I am okay with it being gone. I found Fountain of Dreams and Dreamland to be far superior. And it's not guaranteed, actually. It's likely, I admit. If he returns Brawl courses. Which probably will happen, but he could change his mind.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
All I know is if there isn't a Sin and Punishment: Star Successor stage for the Wii U Ill be sorely disappointed. Thankfully the confirmation of platform specific stages make this a likelier possibility despite whether a character follows. Granted, it will probably like Mute City minus the cars.
...I am okay with it being gone. I found Fountain of Dreams and Dreamland to be far superior. And it's not guaranteed, actually. It's likely, I admit. If he returns Brawl courses. Which probably will happen, but he could change his mind.
No... Just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom