• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't think the first Smashville has platforms, still. The second one does. But I might be wrong, not sure.
Brawl's Smashvilled did have a floating platform moving left & right.

Speaking of which, I hope the new Smashville has a poppable balloon like in Brawl. That made that level exciting to play on (heck I even pop when playing competitively)

EDIT: Wait are you talking about the 2 different Smashvilles in Sm4sh? I think they're the exact same stage but with different backgrounds.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
"Met a nice guy last week, but I don't think he's buying the Japanese version if you know what I mean..."

Then you can make jokes about importing and stuff... It would just be great.

"She plays both versions, quite a collector!"
I love you so much for this.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Apparently, the village version of the new AC stage has three platforms, while the city version has two platforms. Take a look:

Still, I heavily doubt these would be different stages. They're just too similar to be different stages, especially the main platform is exactly the same (not counting the floor where the spectators watch the match).

If these are two stages indeed, it feels a lot redundant to me.

EDIT: I saw the Developer Direct again and I noticed that AC city's platforms move left and right and AC town's left and right platforms are static, while the center one moves up and down.

Maybe those are different stages or it's one stage with a gimmick like the Mushroomy Kingdom, where the version is randomly selected, but holding certain buttons lets you select which version.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Even though I REALLY don't want to see anyone get cut, I wouldn't really care if a second Link that plays almost exactly like the normal Link get the axe.

They never played alike. Not even close. Even though they technically often had the same moves, their properties were entirely/very different. The only clones to actually play alike or somewhat close to alike were Pikachu and Pichu.

Yeah, I doubt he'll fully get rid of Child Link, since he's a very important addition made by Sakurai. Also, Toon Link either replaced or was an upgrade of Young Link. Sakurai did mention a Child Link, at least according to how the English SSB Brawl site translated it. So he could've meant Young Link when he said that, or just the idea of them being underage in the Zelda settings.(which is funny, since the Zelda series is really odd about what the adult age is. It's set in the medieval era, yet 18 seems to be the drinking age. Then again, maybe it's just that specific item?)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If it's the same stage how does the third platform disappear and the other two lower?

I'm thinking we're looking at two AC stages.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If it's the same stage how does the third platform disappear and the other two lower?

I'm thinking we're looking at two AC stages.
It could be the same stage and have the 2 in 1 gimmick like the Mushroomy Kingdom in Brawl, where you could select between World 1-1 or World 1-2.

Likewise, it could be possible that you may select between city or town. Either are separate stages or it's one stage with a gimmick like Mushroomy Kingdom.

Either way, I think I'll update my thread listing all confirmed info for this game... :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Both come from the Wii U version though.

Were they both actually shown with the Wii U logo? Because I don't remember seeing that. Just that the top one was Wii U only(in every picture I could find). Was the bottom one labeled at all during the appearances?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Were they both actually shown with the Wii U logo? Because I don't remember seeing that. Just that the top one was Wii U only(in every picture I could find). Was the bottom one labeled at all during the appearances?
[collapse="Both are Wii U stages"]

[/collapse]

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just had a weird dream where there was a new trailer.

It "confirmed" Palutena, Kuma/Panda as the Namco/Tekken rep, and Shulk. It also showed some weird temple stage that doesn't seem to be from any games.
Final Smash farts confirmed.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Frostwraith: Ah, okay.

It looks like we got a second variation of Battlefield, at least. That's something nice for the Competitive players. :D I approve.

I wonder if regular Smashville(from Brawl) might make it as the 3DS stage?

@KumaOso: Better than Wario Waft being a Final Smash. :awesome:

Alzi

Smash Master
Speaking of stages, do you guys think there now is an option to remove platforms from a stage?

I remember in a video where the megaman stage did not have a moving platform but then in a different video it did. Same with battlefield.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
Greetings! Welcome to the best forum on the net! We have....this! :happysheep:

So yeah. Also this Fantastic Fighting Fraters or whatever game is all the rage these days...

hahaha what is that thing!! it's like...a nyan sheep! lol thanks for the welcome! totally made my day.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

It looks like we got a second variation of Battlefield, at least. That's something nice for the Competitive players. :D I approve.

I wonder if regular Smashville(from Brawl) might make it as the 3DS stage?:awesome:
Well, the new town stage's center platform moves up and down, so it's like Battlefield with a twist (and a bigger main platform too).

Would prefer to see old Smashville on the 3DS version. (Having three variations of the same stage on the same version would be a little bland.)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
In other news...

All the support for and comments about Shulk has made me want to run out and find a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Alzi

Smash Master
What if the background for the animal crossing stage revolves, so just like planet earth it would turn to one side to reveal the city then another platforms rises up from the ground? Then it repeats the process after some time and the platform in the middle goes back to the ground?

Edit: looking back at the images this seems unlikely and it looks like there actually is just two versions of the stage to choose from.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, the new town stage's center platform moves up and down, so it's like Battlefield with a twist (and a bigger main platform too).
Reminds me of Fountain of Dreams. Too bad we got Green Greens in Brawl. :facepalm:

Would prefer to see old Smashville on the 3DS version. (Having three variations of the same stage on the same version would be a little bland.)

Yeah. Although having one platform makes it a fairly different stage. Especially since it moves.

Well, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story(Melee), and Yoshi's Story(64) were variations of the same stage. :troll:

@Alzi: Except that the stage's bottom platform has a specific design. It might possibly change, though. But so far, they look like a Mushroomy Kingdom difference.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet

I wonder if regular Smashville(from Brawl) might make it as the 3DS stage?

@KumaOso: Better than Wario Waft being a Final Smash. :awesome:

Is that second variation of battlefield without the platforms the new "final destination"? It looks fairly close to the right size and it's just flat.

haha I love the animal crossing stage. Maybe they'll do a classic stages section like they did in Brawl.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Is that second variation of battlefield without the platforms the new "final destination"? It looks fairly close to the right size and it's just flat.
I don't think so. It would be lazy design, in my opinion, if they did that.

Platform-less Battlefield is probably just a test stage Sakurai used to demonstrate the new characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

haha I love the animal crossing stage. Maybe they'll do a classic stages section like they did in Brawl.

No, the new Smashville. 3 Platforms. Mostly static. No ridiculous hazards at all.

Final Destination has no platforms at all. Even moving platforms is better, since it's more balanced overall. I'd probably say Kongo Jungle(the n64 course) would be the most balanced we can find. No hazards. Reasonable moving platforms. Doesn't heavily benefit any character type much at all. At worst, it might slightly be bad for low jumpers, but that's hard to say.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Classic Link replaces Toon Link as the new child Link for SSB4, then I hope he gets the following:

Standard Special - Fire & Ice Rods (similar concept to the often suggested Fire & Ice Arrows idea for Toon Link)
Side Special - Magic Boomerang (adult Link can have the Beetle)
Up Special - Sword Spin
Down Special - Bomb
Final Smash - Magic Medallions (Quake Medallion if Final Smash is activated while Classic Link is standing on the ground - Ether Medallion if Final Smash is activated while Classic Link is in the air - Bombos Medallion if it is a Pity Final Smash)

Neutral A - Sword Beam (NES version)
Side A - Sword Beam (NES version)
Running A - Pegasus Boots (runs with the sword out like in the SNES game)
Side Smash - Sword Beam (SNES version)
Down Smash - Magic Hammer (similar concept to the often suggested Skull Hammer idea for Toon Link)

Grabs - Hookshot
Throws - Silver Arrows (similar to how Fox uses his blaster to shoot opponents after throwing them)

Entrance - a duck flies over the stage, dropping off Classic Link

Taunt #1 - Bug-Catching Net (spins around and catches a bee - it would be fun to take pictures of him with Villager)
Taunt #2 - Book of Mudora (takes out the book and reads it briefly and puts it away)
Taunt #3 - Flute (plays a flute and a duck flies overhead)

Victory #1 - Magic Mirror (Classic Link looks into the mirror and turns into a rabbit)
Victory #2 - Magic Powder (Classic Link sprinkles some powder at the Buzz Blob and it transforms into a Cukeman)
Victory #3 - Flute (Classic Link sits on a tree stump, surrounded by two blue birds, two bunnies, and one red bird, playing a flute)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nice fake.

But seriously, if Sakurai was going to reveal something we haven't seen yet, I believe he'd announce it like Brawl's Dojo THEN release a daily photo of that thing.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
That is as true as how the sky is green with purple, pink and yellow dots.
HNI_0049 (1).png

But seriously though, I mainly posted that image because you shouldn't really trust anything if it can be made with good photoshop skills and/or programming. Still, it looks pretty decent don't you think?

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
Reminds me of Fountain of Dreams. Too bad we got Green Greens in Brawl. :facepalm:

Yeah. Although having one platform makes it a fairly different stage. Especially since it moves.

Well, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story(Melee), and Yoshi's Story(64) were variations of the same stage. :troll:

@Alzi: Except that the stage's bottom platform has a specific design. It might possibly change, though. But so far, they look like a Mushroomy Kingdom difference.

Right right. Fountain of Dreams was actually my favorite stage, even though like you said, it's just a variation of Battlefield! The music and atmosphere was just epic.

but I was saying like, I think in the Developer direct with Sakurai, when he's playing with Mega Man, he's on like...Battlefield but there's no platforms, so it's just a flat ground like Final Destination.

Alzi

Smash Master
IMO if the fake just had a different character next to mario one that has already been confirmed then it would've looked pretty legit. That stage would be cool though.

HylianHero

Smash Cadet
I don't think so. It would be lazy design, in my opinion, if they did that.

Platform-less Battlefield is probably just a test stage Sakurai used to demonstrate the new characters.

Yeah I agree. I saw it and was kind of disappointed at the thought of that being the new FD. I like the stage, but like you said that would be lazy. It might just be a variation of the stage you can pick, which would be pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom